Photo

|WIP|SA|HELP| Xtreme Roads Mod

14 replies to this topic
Ghost_Rider3
  • Ghost_Rider3

KEEP CALM

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by Ghost_Rider3, 22 May 2014 - 04:19 PM.

Hi! I want to make new roads for whole San Andreas map.The roads will look aproximatively like GTA IV and GTA V ones

The roads are finished,but i want to make details for it.

Example of detail: KEEP CLEAN ; STOP ; Arrows that indicate the path.

The details will not putted everywhere,but the problem is : in gta3.img the texture ois repeated in game and if i put keep clean or stop i will have a keep clean highway.

How i can find the coordinates of that place(example : near a parking lot ) to put keep clean,i refer to make the file to be only there and not have anything with roads.The arrows or keep clean or stop will be maded in photoshop.

If you can help me with roads problem with details  ,please reply or say if i can't do this.Thanks in advance.

Mark01
  • Mark01

It's nice to be nice but I wouldn't lie to be nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

If I understand what you're saying, you want to add road markers to some place but don't want them to repeat themselves on every road textures is that right? I know how you could do that but I don't know if you have the skills to do it cause if you don't even know how to get the names of the objects you'd like to place these markers on then I don't know how you could model and texture these markers and place them in-game.

But I'mma give you some clues on how to do that nonetheless.

Use med aka Map Editor to locate which objects you want to modify.

To add these markers, it's either you edit these objects with a modeling software and add a layer above the road with the markers texture applied to it or you find a flat planar model used for decals in the game objects list, change it's texture with your markers and place/duplicate it everywhere you want!

Ghost_Rider3
  • Ghost_Rider3

KEEP CALM

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

If I understand what you're saying, you want to add road markers to some place but don't want them to repeat themselves on every road textures is that right? I know how you could do that but I don't know if you have the skills to do it cause if you don't even know how to get the names of the objects you'd like to place these markers on then I don't know how you could model and texture these markers and place them in-game.

But I'mma give you some clues on how to do that nonetheless.

Use med aka Map Editor to locate which objects you want to modify.

To add these markers, it's either you edit these objects with a modeling software and add a layer above the road with the markers texture applied to it or you find a flat planar model used for decals in the game objects list, change it's texture with your markers and place/duplicate it everywhere you

You are right , i want to add a layer over a texture.I will see what can i do with map editor.Thanks for help.

ha! ha! ha!
  • ha! ha! ha!

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

Hi! I want to make new roads for whole San Andreas map.The roads will look aproximatively like GTA IV and GTA V ones

The roads are finished,but i want to make details for it.

Example of detail: KEEP CLEAN ; STOP ; Arrows that indicate the path.

The details will not putted everywhere,but the problem is : in gta3.img the texture ois repeated in game and if i put keep clean or stop i will have a keep clean highway.

How i can find the coordinates of that place(example : near a parking lot ) to put keep clean,i refer to make the file to be only there and not have anything with roads.The arrows or keep clean or stop will be maded in photoshop.

If you can help me with roads problem with details  ,please reply or say if i can't do this.Thanks in advance.

extreame roads? sorry but I can't understand what you mean....

could you upload some photo or something to see?

do you mean you're going to completly change the whole SA map? or just add some object like 4 or 5?

Ezekiel ♂
  • Ezekiel ♂

ƤΛƝƊΛ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

I think he think what I think is on this

14181708876_fbe7bb7efe_o.jpg14202349692_aebb514be0_o.jpg

12225446296_4144fb281a_o.jpg

:santa:

Mark01
  • Mark01

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

Seeing these screens now I forgot that you could also import the road models and cut the polygons to apply a new texture directly which could be easier for some.

Ezekiel ♂
  • Ezekiel ♂

ƤΛƝƊΛ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

noo.....

I pick one by one dff road model from map and editing and putting new texture's...

hah..ading and deleting poly...comone..... :facedesk:

Ghost_Rider3
  • Ghost_Rider3

KEEP CALM

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Ezekiel_RN that roads are maked by you?Can you give me a link with them,please.

Mark01
  • Mark01

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

noo.....

I pick one by one dff road model from map and editing and putting new texture's...

hah..ading and deleting poly...comone..... :facedesk:

That's exactly what I said but I guess you don't know what is the "cut" tool in max don't you?
I never said adding and deleting polys either... wooh, not only you don't know how to write simple words like come one but you say things I never said :ph34r:

ave a goodeday :pp

• Ghost_Rider3 likes this

Ezekiel ♂
  • Ezekiel ♂

ƤΛƝƊΛ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

you too...

Ghost_Rider3
  • Ghost_Rider3

KEEP CALM

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

@Mark01 Can you help me?Can you make a cleo script that makes:

I want to put a image on the game interface in function of stars.

Ex: 1 star put img1.png at x=A and y=B.

2 stars put img2.png at x=A and Y=B etc.

NOTE: X and Y are coordinates(example x=10 and y =10 is near the left bottom corner)

No need to have 1 script for all 6 stars,you can make this in 6 files ,1 file for 1 star,1 file for 2 star etc.

Can you help me?

NOTE2:In place of a folder with the img files can be a .TXD file where the image will be.

Mark01
  • Mark01

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'd like to help you but I have no experience in cleo scripting... yet, I'm busy with 3d and learning the basics of vc scm atm :p

You should create a new topic in the coding section I'm sure someone will help you there.

maurice96
  • maurice96

_Caspboy_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

I think he think what I think is on this

14181708876_fbe7bb7efe_o.jpg14202349692_aebb514be0_o.jpg

12225446296_4144fb281a_o.jpg

:santa:

Nice! Where'd you get those roads! Please send me a link :lol:  :panic:

Ezekiel ♂
  • Ezekiel ♂

ƤΛƝƊΛ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by Ezekiel_RN, 15 June 2014 - 08:29 PM.

I working on it...

• Ghost_Rider3 likes this

Ghost_Rider3
  • Ghost_Rider3

KEEP CALM

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

@Ezekiel can you say a release date or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users