Photo

[GTA:SA] SatNav|streetmapHD Mod

21 replies to this topic
The Truth '92
  • The Truth '92

Out there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:52 AM Edited by The Truth '92, 26 May 2014 - 01:34 AM.

YX4dPQG.png

Version 1.3.1 Beta

NOTE: This mod posting was transferred from my other forum account, rbridges07. We are the same person.

In a bar in Angel Pine, San Andreas....

"Excuse me, bartender. Can you tell me how to get to Cranberry Station in San Fierro? I'm picking up my son, he's coming from Vice City."

"Sure, sure. Let me just pull out a map here, and I'll show you the easiest way of getting there."

The bartender takes a map from a drawer behind the bar, opening it and laying it down in front of the man.

"It's real easy, see? First, go up Court Street heading north, and make a left on U.S. Route 10. Then get on the ramp to Interstate 27, northbound."

TUebXF5.jpg

"Keep going north, over the Whetstone bridge..."

P4IeMQi.jpg

"...and then through the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Tunnel."

Xb8SBOR.jpg

"After the tunnel, you'll get to the Telegraph Hill Interchange in San Fierro. Take Exit 1A...that'll put you northbound on I-127.

Jzx6NZz.jpg

"You'll be nearly there by now. Just north of the interchange, take Exit 3, onto Preble Street, San Fierro. Take a left onto Preble, then another left into the tunnel, Imperial Avenue. At the stop sign, make a left onto Van Ness Boulevard, and Cranberry Station's just up the street on your left."

uHJGxyX.jpg

After two weeks of hard work, I'm proud to be able to finally release the SatNav|streetmapHD mod for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. This mod will replace the default pause-screen map and radar in your game with the map/radar shown in the above screenshots... with every street in the game named.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

GTA Inside [Featured Mod] smile.png

GTA Gaming

MediaFire

MWcopzW.png
Looks even better with a square HUD (not my mod).

(The radar_north in the above screenshot was my own mini-mod. You can download that here. Open hud.txd with TXD workshop, and replace radar_north with mine. The timecyc in the above screenshot is also my own mod, which I will release soonish. Still not quite finished tweaking it yet.)

SyXnVqR.jpg

wIN9wnm.jpg

Scaled-down screenshot. From the SatNav|streetmapHD mod for GTA San Andreas. By The Truth '92.

ZMKcJQY.jpg

Scaled-down screenshot. From the SatNav|streetmapHD mod for GTA San Andreas. By The Truth '92.

Questions, comments, and suggestions can be made by replying in this thread, or by PMing me. Have fun :)

• juanma_16, damiann69, Musi and 6 others like this

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Nice mod , good work 

• The Truth '92 likes this

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

as far as I know you're allowed to have only one account. you could ask for nickname change...

The Truth '92
  • The Truth '92

Out there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

as far as I know you're allowed to have only one account. you could ask for nickname change...

Kind of late now I guess. If I have to, I'll just have the other one deleted. Thanks.

Concavax
  • Concavax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Nice work, but you try the map hd for the ios version. I guess.

KeeJay
  • KeeJay

Weekend modder.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Very nice overall. I've LOL'ed on radar no. 68 - ACME Street, Pie Street :D

But I have one question: You used your names for streets, or You based on signs (not exactly - signs like things said by characters etc.)? Because zone texts doesn't say names of road (in most of cases), but names of zones.

Of course I'm not asking about famous ones, like Grove St...

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• Modding Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

I've LOL'ed on radar no. 68 - ACME Street, Pie Street :D

Some old Polish adventure game?

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Would be cool if there will Hamburger Avenue and Pizza Road :)

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

very nice m8.

Type in 'funny road names' in google and look at the british names, I can't type these on here because some are a little rude but hey it's an amuzing way to get some other names.

KeeJay
  • KeeJay

Weekend modder.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

@Silent - Never heard about it. Or I heard, but now I don't remember it. I mean't a Looney Tunes reference.

The Truth '92
  • The Truth '92

Out there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by The Truth '92, 08 March 2015 - 07:47 PM.

But I have one question: You used your names for streets, or You based on signs (not exactly - signs like things said by characters etc.)? Because zone texts doesn't say names of road (in most of cases), but names of zones.

Of course I'm not asking about famous ones, like Grove St...

Pie Street was left over from the original plan for this mod, which you can read about in the ReadMe. That street also appears on the ERP map mod.

As for your question, I'm not really sure what it is that you're asking.

Master Detective
  • Master Detective

"I believe in Harvey Dent."

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hey man, really love the map mod! I had a question though. Are there any plans to release a version with ERP road names for those of us stuck with using that map mod in SA-MP/MTA servers? As much as I loved the ERP map, it made my eyes hurt at how ugly it was compared to other map mods out there, especially when compared to this one. I know it'd be a lot of work considering it took you weeks to finish this mod, but if there's any chance you can do it it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:49 AM

Looks groovy cool! Are you planning on doing ones for GTA 3 and Vice City aswell?

The Truth '92
  • The Truth '92

Out there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hey man, really love the map mod! I had a question though. Are there any plans to release a version with ERP road names for those of us stuck with using that map mod in SA-MP/MTA servers? As much as I loved the ERP map, it made my eyes hurt at how ugly it was compared to other map mods out there, especially when compared to this one. I know it'd be a lot of work considering it took you weeks to finish this mod, but if there's any chance you can do it it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks  :D

Maybe. The look of the ERP mod isn't the only thing I don't like about it; I also really, really don't like the naming standard used. Some of the street names are, to be as nice as I can, retarded. Giggles Ave always comes to mind. Really?? Nonetheless, if there's enough interest, I might consider it in the months to come. For right now, I'm going to focus on releasing the finished version, as this one is still beta.

Looks groovy cool! Are you planning on doing ones for GTA 3 and Vice City aswell?

Yes to Vice City, and maybe to III.

• universetwisters and ClaudX like this

Master Detective
  • Master Detective

"I believe in Harvey Dent."

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:25 PM Edited by Master Detective, 15 June 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Maybe. The look of the ERP mod isn't the only thing I don't like about it; I also really, really don't like the naming standard used. Some of the street names are, to be as nice as I can, retarded. Giggles Ave always comes to mind. Really?? Nonetheless, if there's enough interest, I might consider it in the months to come. For right now, I'm going to focus on releasing the finished version, as this one is still beta.

Haha, I feel you man. Probably randomly picked names from a newspaper or phonebook for all we know xD. Anyways, all I'm asking is that you consider doing it, and hopefully, get it out **fingers crossed** :D. I'll just have to be happy with the current version, which again I f*cking love xD. Keep up the awesome work dude!

onlylove943
  • onlylove943

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Best map ever :cookie:

onlylove943
  • onlylove943

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Can you remake it with zone name?

The Truth '92
  • The Truth '92

Out there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by The Truth '92, 13 August 2014 - 10:37 PM.

Maybe. The look of the ERP mod isn't the only thing I don't like about it; I also really, really don't like the naming standard used. Some of the street names are, to be as nice as I can, retarded. Giggles Ave always comes to mind. Really?? Nonetheless, if there's enough interest, I might consider it in the months to come. For right now, I'm going to focus on releasing the finished version, as this one is still beta.

Haha, I feel you man. Probably randomly picked names from a newspaper or phonebook for all we know xD. Anyways, all I'm asking is that you consider doing it, and hopefully, get it out **fingers crossed** :D. I'll just have to be happy with the current version, which again I f*cking love xD. Keep up the awesome work dude!

I'm thinking that I might redo the ERP map with the satellite imagery in the weeks to come. I've been incredibly busy the last few months, what with buying a moving into my new house ( :D ) and working 50 hours a week, but I do plan on remaking the ERP map.

Can you remake it with zone name?

I've considered doing that when I was working on the beta, but it was starting to look too cluttered. I'd like to also name the railways (maybe Red Line, Blue Line, etc.) and also add the station names and other such "points of interest" to the map, but I want to also keep it from looking too cluttered. If I can work it out where I'm happy with it, I'll do that, but I'm not going to release anything that I'm not personally happy with. Thanks for the love man.

In general, I've noticed a lot of problems with the resolution of the tiles. I didn't originally intend to require the use of a CLEO modification in conjunction with this mod, but the sheer size of the map required it. Unfortunately, that didn't solve all of the issues like I had originally though. When driving very fast, the map zooms out to an illegible and unsightly mess, and I'm not happy with that. Also, when you're in an aeronautic vehicle, the same issue manifests itself. That is something that I can't fix, so unfortunately for me, I'll have to create the final version (or at least the non-beta version) at the game's original map resolution, which I really didn't want to do, but it seems to be the only way to avoid the zoom issue. On the other hand, at least the mod will still look better than most of the other map mods, at the cost of less space for adding in textual detail like I wanted. Oh well I guess. Thanks to everybody for their support of this mod, and a very special thanks to Silent for allowing the use of his CLEO modification that allowed the beta to be released.

EDIT: The final version will also support SAMP :D

Rich246
  • Rich246

A Custom What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

I'd die have this in GTA IV and EFLC.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

Wow, just wow! Never saw this mod before ( mod index? ). The amount of interesting ideas found in the forum is just amazing.
I'll try out asap after work.
Great mod !!!!

lipplog
  • lipplog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by lipplog, 15 December 2014 - 10:53 PM.

If your game crashes during the loading bar after installing this mod, you probably followed the directions literally (like I did). For my fellow morons, here's the fix...

Open the included Read Me.html and look under Installation Instructions step number 2. where it reads... 

Navigate to your GTA: San Andreas directory. Click the models folder, and locate the files gta3.img and gta_int.img. Rename both of them gta3_backup.img and  gta_int_backup.img, respectively. (Always make backups!)

But for the literal-minded, it should read...

Navigate to your GTA: San Andreas directory. Click the models folder, and locate the files gta3.img and gta_int.img. SELECT BOTH FILES AND RIGHT-CLICK COPY. NOW GO TO YOUR DESKTOP AND RIGHT-CLICK PASTE (CREATING TWO BACKUP FILES ON YOUR DESKTOP). NOW GO BACK TO YOUR GTA FOLDER AND RENAME THE ORIGINAL FILES gta3_backup.img and  gta_int_backup.img NOW DRAG & DROP THE NEW BACKUP FILES ON YOUR DESKTOP TO YOUR GTA FOLDER. (Always make backups!)

And follow the rest of the instructions.  :blink:

The Truth '92
  • The Truth '92

Out there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

I've been incredibly busy in real life, and don't really have time to work on a final version to this mod anymore unfortunately. When I get the time to find the original layered image files for this mod in my Google Drive, I welcome any other modders in the community to take charge of this mod and continue to work on it if they wish. Cheers to the community, and to everybody who supported this mod in its beta release. Thanks to all of you.

• The_GTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users