Quantcast

» «
Photo

Carbonizarre vs Elergy vs Massacro

65 replies to this topic

Poll: Carbonizarre vs Elergy vs Massacro (95 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one is the best for winning races overall?

1. Carbonizarre (21 votes [22.11%])

Percentage of vote: 22.11%

2. Elergy (50 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

3. Massacro (24 votes [25.26%])

Percentage of vote: 25.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

Elegy is unquestionably best for races with lots of turns, but the Massacro will likely be the best for races with few turns and is almost certainly the best for races with no turns at all (the Carbonizarre used to be best for turn-less races but Massacro unseated it). I have both cars so I'm always prepared, just like I've got the Zentorno and Adder for Supers.

And this talk of the Elegy being moved to Supers is also almost certainly BS, it's the best Sports car all around but it'd make a subpar Super, and someone's comment about the looks being wrong had a point, most (if not all) Supers tend to be more flamboyant than other cars (if they cost as much to make as they do you're not going to want it looking like a normal car, you want people to know you own a half million dollar car just by looking at it). Buffs and nerfs may well happen to bring the cars in line with others in their class, but outright switching classes is highly unlikely to happen.

Well, a dev said that, so we'll see.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

^Get back to me when you've got a source that isn't some random Youtuber who claims he talked to a dev, until then I can't take this seriously.

DiveGummi
  • DiveGummi

Cookie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

Elegy*

150429-GTAIV-2014-01-16-21-41-26-20.jpg

no R in it

Is that GTA V?

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

^Get back to me when you've got a source that isn't some random Youtuber who claims he talked to a dev, until then I can't take this seriously.

Well he sure aint some youtuber posting glitches and "secret" car paints.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:15 AM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 20 May 2014 - 12:16 AM.

^Just because he isn't the lowest of the low doesn't mean he's not full of sh*t about this, I'll believe it if/when there's proper confirmation (like a link to a support ticket where a R* dev responded directly to someone's question). Right now it's just hearsay, and worse it's hearsay from a YouTube video, where people make money from views so there's an incentive to lie (or at least over-hype).

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:18 AM Edited by Giantsgiants, 20 May 2014 - 12:19 AM.

Definitely the Elegy, and right now, I believe it's highly unlikely that it will be moved to the super class. But then again...the Voltic is considered a supercar even though it doesn't look like one, nor performs like one. I've had more success in races with the Elegy than the Massacro.

My Elegy:

0_0.jpg

• RDT33 likes this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

My favourite is the Elegy.  It's the best for racing because of it's massive grip.  Plus the Nissan GT R is one of my favourite cars - my first buy if I ever won the lottery, so I drive it more.  I do love the Carbo' though, I don't have too many handling issues with it.  As for the Massacro, I haven't used it much because when the highlife update hit I was on the verge of buying my 1st super car so I was getting a feel for the Zentorno before deciding what to get.  When I eventualy have enough GTA$ I will probably buy one, but while I have an Elegy (for free) and less than $1M I don't see a point.

Obviously if you like a car enough to drive it alot, you will become better at racing in it because you would be used to it, rather than a "better" car - as long as they are all around the same class.  So all arguments that Elegy, Masacro, Carbon', coquette etc are the best for racing are valid.  Just playing devil's advocate.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

^Just because he isn't the lowest of the low doesn't mean he's not full of sh*t about this, I'll believe it if/when there's proper confirmation (like a link to a support ticket where a R* dev responded directly to someone's question). Right now it's just hearsay, and worse it's hearsay from a YouTube video, where people make money from views so there's an incentive to lie (or at least over-hype).

But what he says it truthful.  If the Elegy can beat an Entities time around some tracks, then it's OP.  And even more so when it's FREE.

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:01 AM

I have a 155-55 race record with the Carbo (and only about 4% of those were Criminal Records or whatever that slippery cardboard box race was).

• zenifystone likes this

sweat pants boner
  • sweat pants boner

clit comander

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

9f and comet

spawnkiller187
  • spawnkiller187

Mack Daddy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

you failed to include the JESTER. best by far in the sport class. 

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:08 AM

Elegy if your a cheapskate

Massacro if you want to outrun everyone

Carbonizzare if you want 'duh Furari'

Furai

warhammer_340_mazda_furai_concept_04.jpg

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

The Jester has one of the slowest top speeds, and requires you to brake a lot in order to take a corner clean.  No where near the best.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

Allergy RH8

G's Ah's
  • G's Ah's

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

I wouldn't say "by far", but it's certainly the better of the sports cars. I haven't had the opportunity of racing the Carbo but I have tried the Massacro, the Elegy and the Jester and I would probably pick the Jester as the better overall racer. The Jester just has better downforce which gives it better grip than the Massacro, especially when racing in the rain (plus not having the pain of being a front engine RWD vehicle in the wet). 

I've even considered trying to get rid of the Elegy and swap it for a Jester but I'm not sure you can get rid of "free" cars. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

Jester please. That one is real deal. How could you not mention it?

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

Don't see the point of moving the Elegy to supers. It's not that good and it doesn't look very good either. I'll make a Chrelergy if it's moved to supers though.

Hoping R* will make the ability to own a third garage. I'd put Futos and Phoenixes in there

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

I'm having an Elergic reaction to this thread title.

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

How can people spell names like Carbonizarre and Massacro correctly, but incorrectly spell a simple name like Elegy?

Definitely the Elegy, and right now, I believe it's highly unlikely that it will be moved to the super class. But then again...the Voltic is considered a supercar even though it doesn't look like one, nor performs like one. I've had more success in races with the Elegy than the Massacro.

My Elegy:

0_0.jpg

Wait. But that looks good?  How can that possibly be your car?

• adamsowilliams likes this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

I never had a problem beating a Elegy with a Carbonizarre (no slip stream)

Spexo
  • Spexo

Tread lightly...

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

I am actually very interested in this little debate. I have an elegy currently, and I don't really drive it unless it's for races. It just sits. If possible, I would've sold it a while ago, most likely. I have friends on both sides; some swear up and down that the Elegy is the Christ of sports cars, and others say the Massacro is the anti-Christ of the Sports cars. Like the dark horse. Every time I'm in a sports race, I see an Elegy and Massacro in 1st or 2nd. The two duel it out all race usually. And that's with and without catchup / slipstream to help. I may be making the swap to the Massacro, especially if the Elegy truly is going to the super car class. Currently, my vote is for the Elegy as best, but I just don't know. Stats are different in SP than online, so I don't know which car between Massacro and Elegy are truly best in an online setting.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

Whats better; Jogging shoes, Basketball shoes, or Running shoes?

McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Elegy*
I think you guys is making fun off the name elegy by saying elergy which sounds like allergy

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

Anyone who thinks Jester or Massacro is better than Allergy, is pretty retar*ed, but also sort of correct as I rather would have a sports car than an allergy.

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by Biff73, 28 May 2014 - 10:34 AM.

The best sports car is the carbonizarre provided the driver knows how to handle it,I would'nt expect much about a free car,also any car is pretty much amateur unless fully tuned up

• The_Herb likes this

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

The best sports car is the carbonizarre provided the driver knows how to handle it,I would'nt expect much about a free car,also any car is pretty much amateur unless fully tuned up

Do a test where you test how fast you can drive with both the elegy and carbo in a 90 degree turn without sliding.

...and nope, the acceleration and top speed won't compensate for the handling.

The_Herb
  • The_Herb

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

If you're taking a 90 degree turn in the carbo you'll want to slide through it though...

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:58 AM Edited by Zepren, 28 May 2014 - 10:59 AM.

Elegy. Though, honestly, I've not driven the Massacro much at all but I've seen it outpaced by the Elegy consistently. Also, like most of the DLC cars, I haven't seen it take hits very well. This is right up there in importance. Why? Well all the power and handling in the world ain't worth a damn if you're taken out my the slightest clip. The Elegy however, takes hits like a champ.

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

wtf is an elergy?

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by Biff73, 28 May 2014 - 11:22 AM.

Do a test where you test how fast you can drive with both the elegy and carbo in a 90 degree turn without sliding.

...and nope, the acceleration and top speed won't compensate for the handling.

Tested both carbonizarre & eleghy few times already,fully upgraded,the eleghy is for amateur drivers,If you wanna talk about cars,fully upgrade it or its pointless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users