Coveted vs Rooftop Rumble

107 replies to this topic
Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

... Mission takes two minutes. We did the 16x playlist very quickly....

Are you saying you can do the 16x in 32 minutes? I don't think this mission can be done in two minutes. I've got it down to a science, trigger the bob asap and be in it before it spins down. No way to speed up the bob trigger and arrival, and it takes somewhere between three and four minutes. I've never timed it with a stopwatch, just have a digital clock in the room.

Two minutes is an obvious exaggeration. Video?

16x probably closer to 45 50 mins. doing it perfect . I tried to do the 16x and 6x in an hour,  took closer to 70 mins avg.  

I can't do anymore than a 6x now though, still a very quick $100K 

Clueless Muffin
  • Clueless Muffin

Previously named Rockwheels.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I did coveted in 2:40~ including loading screens (its a playlist). I run and kill the granger guy and then have 1-2 friends that snipe everyone while I wait at the bottom of the cove for the cargobob. Steal it, sweep in for the container and fly to Martin's shack.

Easy ;)

Homerisfat
  • Homerisfat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

Both missions are easy. Coveted is for babies IMO. I enjoy Rumble more and soloing it is pretty easy for me.

Stock and Scares on the other hand is one tough mission, but still do-able.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

Both missions are easy. Coveted is for babies IMO. I enjoy Rumble more and soloing it is pretty easy for me.

Am I still a baby if I do Coveted x16 with thumb tacks glued to all of my controller buttons, while eating glass?

• The Rangler likes this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Rooftop Rumble.

Coveted sucks and I hate it.  That is all.  Too much standing around waiting for an inbound fat piece of crap that I then have to fly for what feels like an hour?  No.  Thank.  You.

• BamaGoodfella likes this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well in game speak it's the other way around, RR is for the babies who still need RP.  

Coveted is for the grown up 120 +'s

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

... Mission takes two minutes. We did the 16x playlist very quickly....

Are you saying you can do the 16x in 32 minutes? I don't think this mission can be done in two minutes. I've got it down to a science, trigger the bob asap and be in it before it spins down. No way to speed up the bob trigger and arrival, and it takes somewhere between three and four minutes. I've never timed it with a stopwatch, just have a digital clock in the room.

Two minutes is an obvious exaggeration. Video?

Including loading no.. We did it probably in 45 minutes. Using a tank cuts down time, I just run down, grab the cargobob and finish the mission whilst my buddy drives the tank back to the top of the cove to start again.

Coveted playlist with a tank works like this. The longest one will be the first one as my buddy has to get the tank, I start the mission, get the cargbob, fly to his tank, pick him up and then resume the mission. From then on the Tank stays on the cove, wherever my buddy was when I delivered the container.

He basically blows up sh*t, I run down (which is the longest thing in the mission) grab the cargbob and away i go. Mission takes two minutes. We did the 16x playlist very quickly. We did f*ck up once as the container was apparently blown up despite it looking completely fine.

Whats the point of the tank?  Sounds like he just uses it to blow up sh*t while you pick up the Cargobob and complete the mission!

People still play Coveted? Old November sh*t

We've all past level 120 and don't care about RP anymore 

Can't make cash any faster.

It saves on ammo for one, it allows me to just run down the cove with no one attacking me and collect the cargobob. 

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

It saves on ammo for one, it allows me to just run down the cove with no one attacking me and collect the cargobob. 

6 sniper bullets and a shotgun shell?  

and you have to wait at the bottom for the Cargobob anyways

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

6 sniper bullets and a shotgun shell?  

and you have to wait at the bottom for the Cargobob anyways

Well I'll say this, I've done the playlist both ways, the tank method is a lot faster and less tedious. So the point is for enjoyment. 

Homerisfat
  • Homerisfat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

Well in game speak it's the other way around, RR is for the babies who still need RP.  

Coveted is for the grown up 120 +'s

No, the real grown ups do Stocks and Scares if we talk about difficulty.

Both Rumble and Coveted are easy missions, it just that Coveted is too easy and you'd have to be brain dead if you farm that thing. Sure you can do Coveted faster, especially since they changed Rumble, but Rumble is still more enjoyable to play.

Original Sin
  • Original Sin

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

To all of those saying they can do a 16x Coveted playlist in 35-50 minutes... no. No you can't. It can't be completed in under 50 minutes. It's simply not possible.

Ronald Burgundy
  • Ronald Burgundy

Staying Classy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

In my opinion, depends on who you are playing with... either way, if you're with clueless players, doesn't matter.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:39 PM Edited by Strikeslip, 21 May 2014 - 12:43 PM.

To all of those saying they can do a 16x Coveted playlist in 35-50 minutes... no. No you can't. It can't be completed in under 50 minutes. It's simply not possible.

^^^ Agree.  Running to the Granger, then driving to the cargobob trigger takes x seconds. No way to speed that up. The cargobob takes x seconds to arrive. You're not going to speed that up either. The time it takes to swoop up the crate and fly to Madrazo's is going to be similar within seconds for any coordinated person who has done the mission a hundred times. Tanks, jets, and chradders won't change that.

Video or it isn't true. 

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Can someone link 6x coveted for xbox?

WarnerKiller
  • WarnerKiller

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Neither for me. Since 1.13 I don't seem to be able to host anything. The game just freezes. I can still hear things moving around me, but the image on screen stays frozen. Gotta wait for invites now, it seems.

Original Sin
  • Original Sin

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Can someone link 6x coveted for xbox?

http://socialclub.ro...nNUq3mAut3kMJXQ

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Potshot

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

Cyber pint to the guy who mentioned bringing the buzzard in to Coveted, started doing this and it makes it easy as pie.

• Gaffa likes this

Takingsides
  • Takingsides

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'm saying since the new nerf, the people who used to grind it for RP  + $$ have stopped playing in since they complain it's too hard.

My previous point challenges this exact statement you made, all you have done is reword the same point in a different statement. It's not entirely true.  Most people who have stopped grinding Rooftop Rumble aren't complaining it's too hard since the nerf. Although yes, there are some who are. But instead these people have found a better alternative; by better I mean faster to complete, equally as easy or easier gaining similar numbers of RP and GTA$.

My point - don't tar everyone with the same brush, or make assumptions based on a minority who complain about something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users