Coveted vs Rooftop Rumble

107 replies to this topic
ScooterEightyTwo
  • ScooterEightyTwo

Ambitious but Rubbish

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

All this talk about Coveted playlist, but I can't seem to be able to make one...I must be missing something here.

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

This topic needs a poll.

I prefer Rooftop Rumble. Coveted is faster for me and cheaper (ammo), but I find RR easier, more interesting and it gives more RP.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

vs.  lsc glitch

I pick lsc glitch lol

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

RR is just easier, the enemies are in one area. Plus running down that hill makes my avatar sweat. I want to like coveted more but maybe i just havent played that mission with the right people.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

All this talk about Coveted playlist, but I can't seem to be able to make one...I must be missing something here.

http://socialclub.ro...PM0uHxulP03ur4w
http://socialclub.ro...7zEGOM6lqK2KmTg

http://socialclub.ro...PM0uHxulP03ur4w

http://socialclub.ro...nCECnWgKI4b42HQ

One of those should work for you, by the way I did not create those.

• Madara1224 likes this

Takingsides
  • Takingsides

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

Rooftop Rumble. Because it gives you more RP, and I want RP instead of money.

I lol at people who don't play RR since the new nerf, "It's too hard", you must really suck at the game.

After level 120 it doesn't really matter.  The thing is, not everyone chooses Coveted over Rooftop Rumble because of the nerf.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Coveted playlist with a tank. Mission is done in a minute.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

vs.  lsc glitch

I pick lsc glitch lol

Wow, this took until page 2. A dying breed?

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

RR is just easier, the enemies are in one area. Plus running down that hill makes my avatar sweat. I want to like coveted more but maybe i just havent played that mission with the right people.

Coveted is no faster with other people, do it solo and use a playlist.

You shouldn't be running farther than the Granger, which is closer than where RR spawns you now.

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Il Duce; The Fuel Junkie Mafia

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

RR isn't that much different than before.  Hell, BEFORE You get to shooting everyone at the garage, head over to the corner where the car is coming from the street behind the parking garage and place a sticky bomb.  Go murder everyone in the parking garage and on your little map, time that damn car coming to the intersection.  Once it's there, (you should already be heading in that direction), blow that sucker and 5 seconds later, the docs are in front of you.

The biggest difference with RR now is that the cpu has gone to shooting school.

Taylo
  • Taylo

Waddup doe?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by Taylo, 19 May 2014 - 09:04 PM.

opps accidentally double posted my bad thought i deleted it.

Taylo
  • Taylo

Waddup doe?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

Before they buffed Rooftop Rumble that was my go to mission, but since they have made it a little bit longer to play and balanced i go with coveted it is the best for money in my opinion. It is also more fun to play i play it in a 16 mission playlist, so just bring in the tank during the first mission and blast away.

LuckyMisfit
  • LuckyMisfit

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Now that Base Invaders is back up to 18k on hard, I prefer that. Start it in town, grab two buzzards, go blow the stuff/people up, grab the cargobob, land it at Sandy Shores THEN get in Ron's plane. Easy and breaks up the monotony of RR and coveted if you're strapped for cash.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

Now that Base Invaders is back up to 18k on hard, I prefer that. Start it in town, grab two buzzards, go blow the stuff/people up, grab the cargobob, land it at Sandy Shores THEN get in Ron's plane. Easy and breaks up the monotony of RR and coveted if you're strapped for cash.

Are you saying in Base Invaders that you can enter the base and kill everyone before getting in Ron's plane? Do the soldiers still attack you?

PinkRibbonScars
  • PinkRibbonScars

Also known as happpy11

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

Defender

• Bongsquirrel and Lay like this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Are you saying in Base Invaders that you can enter the base and kill everyone before getting in Ron's plane? Do the soldiers still attack you?

Actually you should be entering the base and not killing anybody. Blow up 3 Lazers and take the Cargobob, no need to kill anyone

Never ever land Rons plane at the base, either leave it and drive or land outside and call for a fast car

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

LuckyMisfit
  • LuckyMisfit

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Soldiers still attack, but with the buzzard you can take them out lickity split! Or just jump in and take em out. Either way, you can take care of all the stuff at the base before you even touch Ron's plane. 

Original Sin
  • Original Sin

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Even before the 1.13 patch, a 16x Coveted playlist was a faster way to make money than RR. Anyone saying otherwise is a dirty liar.

The only advantage RR had, was the near double boost in RP. But seeing as I'm around Rank 275+ now, I haven't cared about RP in a long time.

statistic
  • statistic

not running for anything.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

It doesn't really change anything other than it lets you start the mission from the city and take a buzzard from there to the Fort instead of having to go to Ron's plane up in Sandy Shores first.  That can be a significant time savings now that you start the mission from wherever you are when you select it.  They still come after you.  $18750.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

Actually you should be entering the base and not killing anybody. Blow up 3 Lazers and take the Cargobob, no need to kill anyone

Never ever land Rons plane at the base, either leave it and drive or land outside and call for a fast car

Soldiers still attack, but with the buzzard you can take them out lickity split! Or just jump in and take em out. Either way, you can take care of all the stuff at the base before you even touch Ron's plane. 

Wow, I've been doing this mission wrong from the beginning, thanks for the tip guys!  :^:

Lorajet
  • Lorajet

I love a man in a rubber suit

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Loved Rooftop but since they nerfed it more of a pain.

Now love Coveted because I get to use my favorite rifle, the sniper.

Any mission where you can use the Buzzard.

• Bongsquirrel likes this

Deadly Aviator
  • Deadly Aviator

Keep On Truckin'

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by Deadly Aviator, 19 May 2014 - 11:11 PM.

I'm laughing at the people sniping at on coveted, so much time wasted. The helicopter only spawns when you get to the objective so get there as fast as possible, don't waste time sniping.

Lorajet
  • Lorajet

I love a man in a rubber suit

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

I'm laughing at the people sniping at on coveted, so much time wasted. The helicopter only spawns when you get to the objective so get there as fast as possible, don't waste time sniping.

I'm in no hurry on that one.  Love to snipe.

• mmm chocolate and statistic like this

Clueless Muffin
  • Clueless Muffin

Clueless as always...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

I'm in no hurry on that one.  Love to snipe.

800+ kills with my sniper because of Coveted :)
  • Lorajet likes this

WV121
  • WV121

Seizer of days....lover of life.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

Coveted for cash, RR for RP 

^ this

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Rooftop Rumble.

Since working out how the new sequence of mission, it's ok.

Coveted for a change of pace / variety. 

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:23 AM

do we start coveted missions just like RR, as in wherever we are on the map?

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

do we start coveted missions just like RR, as in wherever we are on the map?

You start at the same spot every time, on the hill where the mission is. I think Rockstar just tweaked RR and not Coveted.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

Exactly this, snipe the first guy an then get the granger down the hill as fast as possible to spawn the Bob. 

You'll have all kinds of time to kill the guys at the bottom and you'll still be waiting for the Cargobob

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

Neither.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users