Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do people frown at the GTA Online business plan?

225 replies to this topic
blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

if you will remember there was quite sometime inbetween the removal of replay and the paycut and then they added missions into the pause menu with coveted,crystal clear out 2&3 etc.while i have no proof that is why they removed it for this reason i whole-heartedly believe it,i remember what was going on then,hell it caused me to never get a full payout on base invaders on my first character

That's all well and good, but what I'm saying is, R* didn't have to put the missions on the menu at all.
On top of that, R* could have fixed what very likely still is something that wasn't intended: The mission "Rooftop Rumble" having it's name and payout swapped with "High Priority Case." Yet, they haven't. The gave Rooftop a minor buff that, after the first play, is really no more difficult than the original mission, IMO, just eats up a bit more time.
What I'm saying in a nutshell is, if R* really wanted to cut off the access to gaining cash in-game, they could do that fairly easily.
They could take the missions back off the menu, so that the missions could only be access when you got them by phone, which would pretty much kill grinding.
They could "fix" Rooftop Rumble and give it the payout that it was originally intended to have.
In short, they could do a lot more that would cut off the cashflow in the game, in order to encourage the sale of cash cards, if they really wanted to. Thus far, they haven't, IMO.
For me, it's still very easy to just do basic stuff in freeroam, run a couple missions here and there and still turn a profit. Of course, I don't go all John Rambo through freeroam, shooting off rockets and grenades left and right, either.
-Bill
did it occur to you, that if they hadn't added them or if they changed rooftop and high prority case now,they could/would lose players all together....thus no one plays,no one pays....i get your loyal i do,but Stevie Wonder can see what is going on here.....

Hardly.
You make the mistake of thinking the people that come here and post complaints are the majority.
You are a minority, this is always the way with gaming forums. Those who aren't whining are generally playing and having fun.

66m in cash card sales says there is a lot of people happily playing.

I for one would welcome the missions being fixed. I like the hard missions, I'm not some whining little chump who wants things to be handed to me.

dude i worked for what i have,i play the game everyday,i play the missions on hard,but we aren't  the demographic,i was speaking in broad terms,i can hear the tweens crying from here if they switched the missions and the payouts but,don't presume to know me and call me a whiny chump.....

Pyromythical
  • Pyromythical

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:58 PM Edited by Pyromythical, 20 May 2014 - 10:03 PM.

I said I am not some whiny chump.

Where did I say you were?

Screw the 'tweens' - if you look at this thread, there will be no pleasing everyone.

Even if Rockstar upped the payouts to 1million per mission, people would then be back in a week and complain they have nothing to do.

I am certain that by 'fun' the majority of people here mean 'going into free roam and getting into meaningless fights with other players' - which is fine, I do it sometimes too.  What people seem to be upset about is that doing so costs money - I myself can easily spend 100k a night messing around in free roam, when I do it, I do it right.

With that though I understand that I can't sustain a profit by doing it all the time - and I think thats the difference between myself and most of the people complaining about the payouts... I have FUN playing the missions, doing death matches with my crew, racing etc.

Messing around in public free roams is in the minority of my time for me.  I earn more than I spend.

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

damm blackwolfred! Have you ever heard of punctuation?

Anyway, the same people that say online was a bonus = the same type that get ripped off on a daily basis in life. (Probably raped by EA for years)

Gta online should have gone free to play by now, separate from GTA V

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by blackwolfred, 20 May 2014 - 10:07 PM.

I said I am not some whiny chump.

Where did I say you were?

Screw the 'tweens' - if you look at this thread, there will be no pleasing everyone.

Even if Rockstar upped the payouts to 1million per mission, people would then be back in a week and complain they have nothing to do.

I am certain that by 'fun' the majority of people here mean 'going into free roam and getting into meaningless fights with other players' - which is fine, I do it sometimes too.  What people seem to be upset about is that doing so costs money - I myself can easily spend 100k a night messing around in free roam, when I do it, I do it right.

With that though I understand that I can't sustain a profit by doing it all the time - and I think thats the difference between myself and most of the people complaining about the payouts... I have FUN playing the missions, doing death matches with my crew, racing etc.

Messing around in public free roams is in the minority of my time for me.  I earn more than I spend.

i took it as you insinuating i was,i apologize,and i suppose i should also apologize to sweetbrother for my punctuation.

Pyromythical
  • Pyromythical

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Common mistake, no harm no foul :)

While I might enjoy arguing/debating - I am not in the business of insults... usually. :)

• blackwolfred likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:54 PM Edited by BLeonard, 20 May 2014 - 10:59 PM.

people are always gonna bitch,man.look,i get to play more than most because of my job,and i save money too,i dont play around in public waste money and my time,my bitch comes from the pettiness of R*,the replay is really the tip of the iceberg,i would rather pay for dlc because then THEY have to give ME what i want,not what they want me to have,but look Bill,the replay is gone,jobs cut in half,tank griefing gone are the days of sniping the f*ckers,why? just my conspiracy theory here,but maybe,just maybe they want a casual gamer to (in a fitful of rage) impulse buy a cash card so he can get himself a tank and fight back??? also how about that it was made public knowledge that you could keep the Felon out of Martin's missions and the armored Dominator from Cops Capacity and sell them after the missions to double your payout,poof gone....the fact that Simeon's special car SHOULD be in the sports class of car,hell look at the price of crew emblems 10,000 for clothes and 20,000 or cars,yet they decrease the value of said car,and then there is this,just now i did a 35 lap race,35 laps,i finished second i got 2200 rp and 6000 dollars.....for 40 mins of race,and your telling me you don't see a embalance?

As I said before, perhaps these changes wouldn't have been made if things like the LSC glitch weren't used in the early days of the game.

You can't say "It wasn't as prevalent then, before R* nerfed the payouts," either... Because you don't know. Just because it might not have been on youtube doesn't mean people didn't know about it and use it.

Whether you, I, or anyone else likes it or not, R* believes that there is an in-game economy. Otherwise, they wouldn't have done the money wipes in January, they wouldn't have taken the content creator offline a few weeks back, when people started the "buy everything for free" glitch.

You might say "Well, nerfing payouts and stuff just encourages glitching." I'd look at it the other way: Maybe the glitching encouraged R* to say "you know what? Maybe we should knock the payouts down some, because so many people have all this money from glitching now."

I said this before as well. Think about it: The Beach Bum update was COMPLETELY FREE. The cars, every stitch of clothing didn't cost anyone a dime in GTA$ for anyone.

If R* was "all about cash cards," why did we get all of that for free...?

Then, unfortunately, the money modders came along. Ever since then, all of the DLC items have had a GTA$ price tag on them.

Of course, the average person will say "It's just greedy R* trying to force cash cards," but maybe, just maybe it's the only recourse R* has to try and re-balance the in-game economy, due to all of the modding and glitching. While they have instituted ways to wipe illegitimate cash, they're not gonna catch everyone, so the only alternative at that point is to release DLC and put a fairly hefty price tag on some items.

This is possibly one of the reasons I believe things such as ski masks, biker clothing, gang clothing, etc aren't in the game as of yet... They want to balance the in-game economy, but, thanks to the continued glitching, they have to charge more to balance better, so instead of a ski mask that would cost $30 in the in-game store, we ended up getting more $5k+ suits instead.

I find it funny that many of the same people who glitched money and have now bought everything are the same ones that are complaining that "there's nothing to do" or "the game is boring." GTA:O wasn't meant to be conquered in one day, one week, one month, or probably even one year.

GTA games have always been about starting with nothing but a pistol and earning your way to the top of the food chain of criminals, getting bigger and better stuff as you went along.

I'm old enough to have played on older systems and one of my favorite NES games is "The Legend of Zelda." In fact, I still play it to this day, even though I have beaten the game many times.

But, look at that game and compare it to GTA:O In "Zelda," you start with a wooden sword and nothing else, not even a sense of which direction to start in. You have to earn rupies by killing enemies, earn weapons by buying or finding them, improving health by collecting container hearts and collect all 8 pieces of the Triforce before you're even allowed to go into Gannon's castle.

Nowadays, a GTA:O player would look at "Zelda" and say "I already paid for the game, why should I have to earn rupies? Why should I have to buy bombs? Why do I have to collect all of the Triforce pieces just so I can go into Gannon's castle?"

Some of these people would expect to start the game with full health, all of the weapons, complete with the Triforce in their back pocket, sat right on Gannon's doorstep. For whatever reason, they don't get that a big part of the game is the journey you take to get to the top. GTA games, including GTA:O are no different

I also find it pretty funny that, while some people are so against cash cards, they had no problems plopping down $25 the night the game came out for a strategy guide, so that they could beat the game within 24 hours of it's release. You'd think cash cards would be right up these people's alleys.

-Bill

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

The issue is not so much the cash cards, is the cost of the items. Most people don't have a extra 100 bucks a month to spend on cash cards

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by BLeonard, 20 May 2014 - 11:58 PM.

The issue is not so much the cash cards, is the cost of the items. Most people don't have a extra 100 bucks a month to spend on cash cards

None of the stuff is going anywhere... The only "rush" to have something is the player being impatient... I call it Veruca Salt Syndrome:

So, don't buy cash cards and save your GTA$ until you get enough to buy the in-game items you want... Just like it is now... Problem solved.

-Bill

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

I don't know about that dude. At 66m in sales, and that was a few months ago, it seems people have the dough for cash cards. Well, I doubt people are constantly buying the $100 one. I wonder what the most popular shark card has been.

OAF Marksman
  • OAF Marksman

1985 Dodge Diplomat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by OAF Marksman, 21 May 2014 - 12:05 AM.

This game isn't fun for people like me who have a real job that demands most of my day. All you little kids play 24/7 think everything is roses.

Its not. This game was fun during the police car in garage days and the billionaire days, its not now. Its a mindless grind for pointless cash. That is not fun AT ALL. The missions f*cking blow. This game f*cking sucks and isn't fun anymore with this garbage ass payouts. Think about it. You steal two 1.5 million dollar attack helicopters for lester and he gives you like 7k for it? f*ck that. f*ck rock star. I hope they go bankrupt and GTA dies. They ruined it with their greed. Worse than EA.

I'm glad I fixed my laptop. GTA IV with LCPDFR is real FUN. Not this bullsh*t.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

I guess the main problem is really that older players virtually all glitched and have everything already and they keep changing it so new players can't get stuff very fast so it's very unbalanced. They should have had a beta for this game to fix all these issues and balance it before release. Balance is key in the style of game they were trying to make gta online become. Everyone beat all the missions and acquired all the items way too quickly and then started free roam massacring each other because there simply isn't anything else to do and well that's just what you do in gta! Unfortunately low level players have zero chance against higher levels so it's very frustrating to them. Perhaps if they only grouped people with similar levels it would solve some problems but I don't think this experiment will ever succeed, gta isn't really an mmo type game, and the ps3 is to old and slow to run it properly anyway.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:26 AM

I guess the main problem is really that older players virtually all glitched and have everything already and they keep changing it so new players can't get stuff very fast so it's very unbalanced. They should have had a beta for this game to fix all these issues and balance it before release. Balance is key in the style of game they were trying to make gta online become. Everyone beat all the missions and acquired all the items way too quickly and then started free roam massacring each other because there simply isn't anything else to do and well that's just what you do in gta! Unfortunately low level players have zero chance against higher levels so it's very frustrating to them. Perhaps if they only grouped people with similar levels it would solve some problems but I don't think this experiment will ever succeed, gta isn't really an mmo type game, and the ps3 is to old and slow to run it properly anyway.

Now, this, I have little to no disagreements with, except the "older players virtually all glitched" part... I started playing in October (Not day 1, but a couple weeks after) and have never glitched anything. So, there are some who have played by the rules the entire way.

"Unfortunately low level players have zero chance against higher levels": well, it's been that way since day 1, though. I started a coupe weeks late and got my ass handed to me early on, by people who started at launch. That happens with almost any competitive, rank-up type game... There are gonna be higher levels and there are gonna be lower levels and in most cases, the higher levels will have an advantage, due to having more experience, or more weaponry at their disposal.

Grouping people with similar levels is something I could get behind, but you're still gonna have higher ranks and lower ranks.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I was a low rank, I considered it a challenge to get into a gunfight with a higher ranked player, even though most times, they came after me first. If I could go even with them, as far as kills was concerned, I considered myself the winner of the battle, since I had less to work with. Even as a player having 2 characters over rank 120, I have people with much lower ranks coming after me when I'm in freeroam, so I'm betting there are some lower ranked players out there currently that had the same mindset I did when I was a low rank: "Let's see what I can do against this high ranked guy."

-Bill

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:34 AM

Ya I guess not everyone is a dbag picks on lower levels but there are lots that do. I've spent 42 days and 7 hours playing gta online and I've killed 10565 players and played every mission 4000 times.

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

Your friend is level 38 with no money and only a faggio?
Sorry but he has no discipline with money.

Why not teach him how not to waste money in free roam? Why not take him on some missions.

The old adage:
Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him how to fish he eats for a lifetime.

This game requires real life logic.
Live within your means, spend less than you make.
It's not hard, unless you have no willpower.

apparently at one point he had a Super car,dunno which one,that was lost to a insurance glitch.

I have another friend who is in the 80s in level.He likes to play the game the way he likes to play.He doesnt like to grind.He likes to race and do DMs....so the other day were in free roam and some other player starts shooting at us and he says to me over the MIC...

"hey man help me,I have no ammunition"
"Really"?
"Yes"
"WOW"

Many in this thread have already bemoaned the payouts of races,DMs,etc... but it the fact of the matter is that in order to have the swag in this game you have to:

grind endlessly and not have fun
glitch
buy a cashcard

thats simply not cool

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

Probably because it sucks. A subscription-based plan would be solve a lot of problems. Obviously R* wants the userbase to pay for the servers so it has to be pay to play anyhow. A subscription style setup would make it so that they could spend more money on infastrcuture and support so the game does not crash as often, instead of these monthly cash grabs of buying ingame items.

So you would rather pay $10 a month to play GTA Online?  That's $120 a year!  And R* isn't forcing you to buy the new content.  So you can just blame yourself because R* has a very good marketing strategy right now.
What? I should blame myself for the game constantly freezing?

Holy sh*t the GTA Online asslicking has reached epic proportions in this thread. Yeah, it's my fault the game is coded like crap. Totally.

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

With new glitches and exploits for every update, I wonder why people complain about money. I mean its right there for the taking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users