Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do people frown at the GTA Online business plan?

225 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by Vooodu, 20 May 2014 - 03:31 PM.

I expected more transparency with Rockstar. They marketed GTA Online as free, we started to play, and they they nerfed everything. The "nerfing process" was extremely frustrating for me. It's like giving a kid a whole bag of candy, then taking it away and telling him he can only have three pieces. I got distracted from the fun and started feeling like I was being "restricted." They cut mission payouts in half, took away the quick replay button (for all my day one players), buffed the cops, and added a bunch of little things that dwindle players money away slowly but surely such as:

• Cars blowing up almost instantly when you shoot them in close proximity with an AP as opposed to far away (insurance).
  • Daily Mechanic and "Utility" bills that accumulate every 48 minutes even when you're not playing.
  • Extremely expensive vehicle mods and paints.
  • An inconvenient car impound (one location) that destroys your car after a set period of time, or when you bring another out the garage (insurance).
  • Annoying cops that harass you for every little thing, give you stars after you've just respawned, and see you even when you kill a random hiker out in the wilderness with a suppressed pistol.
  • Expensive ammo (esp. stickies and rockets).

Pretty much^

Also add in Medical bills and Insurance for blowing up PV's 

But i also laugh at the cops now.  They spawn even more then usual and they can shoot through walls.  I mean, i was underground and the cops could still somehow see me and shoot me through the road above me?  Its like they either want me to call Lester or die, which either way costs about $600.    I mean, not that i cared i was in a bullet proof car anyways so it was more funny then anything.. But WTF?  

This is why i do everything i can to avoid Rs* bullsh*t.. I use bullet proof cheap cars and stash my cash.. I save so much cash like that its just too funny.

This game is become more like real life.  The 'MAN" trying to chip away my income while i stash it and say "f*ck YOU" i ain't got sh*t.

But the cars blowing up when they get close..  Thats so f*ckin retarded.  Im glad i only use a cheap car mostly because this happens all the time

Why is it they never.. ever blow up easily when they are futher way.. But.. every single time any car gets close.. a few bullets and BOOM.    lol

• LeAristocrat likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Fucc C* and this incredibly unbalanced game. Fucc them hard.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

if you will remember there was quite sometime inbetween the removal of replay and the paycut and then they added missions into the pause menu with coveted,crystal clear out 2&3 etc.while i have no proof that is why they removed it for this reason i whole-heartedly believe it,i remember what was going on then,hell it caused me to never get a full payout on base invaders on my first character

That's all well and good, but what I'm saying is, R* didn't have to put the missions on the menu at all.

On top of that, R* could have fixed what very likely still is something that wasn't intended: The mission "Rooftop Rumble" having it's name and payout swapped with "High Priority Case." Yet, they haven't. The gave Rooftop a minor buff that, after the first play, is really no more difficult than the original mission, IMO, just eats up a bit more time.

What I'm saying in a nutshell is, if R* really wanted to cut off the access to gaining cash in-game, they could do that fairly easily.

They could take the missions back off the menu, so that the missions could only be access when you got them by phone, which would pretty much kill grinding.

They could "fix" Rooftop Rumble and give it the payout that it was originally intended to have.

In short, they could do a lot more that would cut off the cashflow in the game, in order to encourage the sale of cash cards, if they really wanted to. Thus far, they haven't, IMO.

For me, it's still very easy to just do basic stuff in freeroam, run a couple missions here and there and still turn a profit. Of course, I don't go all John Rambo through freeroam, shooting off rockets and grenades left and right, either.

-Bill
  • Pyromythical likes this

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Would you have bought the game if there was no online?

I bought GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City and San Andreas. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten GTA 5 if there was no multiplayer.  

If ANYONE bought GTA V based ont he fact that it had multiplayer, I am sorry but you are a sad human.  Seriously its one of the last amazing single player games left and if that gets ruined by this online multiplayer madness sh*t I dont know how I will feel...

Wanting to buy GTA for its multiplayer is like wanting to buy a painting for its frame.....

I kinda disagree with this. Gta v was good but by no means amazing. My biggest issue with it is that it just feels to easy. I've platinumed it on ps3 and I dont think any of it was particularly difficult.

As a result of it feeling easier than the rest of the series it also feels less amazing I think.

But this is not just a gta thing its games in general. Especially the long standing titles. I platinumed mgs4 and getting big boss ranked was so much easier than previous metal gear games. Platinumed resident evil 6 and professional mode was a joke compared to resi 5s. Its increasingly common.

As a result im concerned sure gta6 will be even less amazing because it will likely be even easier than gta5. I dont think there's more than 2 or 3 missions in the entire 5 story line I didnt clear first time. (Excluding replays for gold medals) the ease comes at the cost of amazement.

lunaticz0r
  • lunaticz0r

Crazy Dutch Drugs

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

I agree that the SP was worth the 60$ but Online was advertised and hyped up as a main selling point.

what?! they freaking waited till the last few months to tell everyone....THE CROWD hyped it, not them...

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by blackwolfred, 20 May 2014 - 05:26 PM.

if you will remember there was quite sometime inbetween the removal of replay and the paycut and then they added missions into the pause menu with coveted,crystal clear out 2&3 etc.while i have no proof that is why they removed it for this reason i whole-heartedly believe it,i remember what was going on then,hell it caused me to never get a full payout on base invaders on my first character

That's all well and good, but what I'm saying is, R* didn't have to put the missions on the menu at all.

On top of that, R* could have fixed what very likely still is something that wasn't intended: The mission "Rooftop Rumble" having it's name and payout swapped with "High Priority Case." Yet, they haven't. The gave Rooftop a minor buff that, after the first play, is really no more difficult than the original mission, IMO, just eats up a bit more time.

What I'm saying in a nutshell is, if R* really wanted to cut off the access to gaining cash in-game, they could do that fairly easily.

They could take the missions back off the menu, so that the missions could only be access when you got them by phone, which would pretty much kill grinding.

They could "fix" Rooftop Rumble and give it the payout that it was originally intended to have.

In short, they could do a lot more that would cut off the cashflow in the game, in order to encourage the sale of cash cards, if they really wanted to. Thus far, they haven't, IMO.

For me, it's still very easy to just do basic stuff in freeroam, run a couple missions here and there and still turn a profit. Of course, I don't go all John Rambo through freeroam, shooting off rockets and grenades left and right, either.

-Bill

did it occur to you, that if they hadn't added them or if they changed rooftop and high prority case now,they could/would lose players all together....thus no one plays,no one pays....i get your loyal i do,but Stevie Wonder can see what is going on here.....

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

....Why the fck do people think online was a "bonus"? Multiplayer in pretty much every game is almost REQUIRED now since nearly every single game (more or less) has it, and GTA isn't any exception. Both SP and MP were included (and advertised) in the game and BOTH are what we paid for. 

This whole "bonus" sh*t is just ridiculous. 

• Cragovich and blackwolfred like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

did it occur to you, that if they hadn't added them or if they changed rooftop and high prority case now,they could/would lose players all together....thus no one plays,no one pays....i get your loyal i do,but Stevie Wonder can see what is going on here.....

Well, changing Rooftop and High Priority Case would be nothing more than correcting an error, as it's pretty clear that those two were flipped, in terms of title and payout.

What I don't get is, why do people think R* cares if people are playing or not?

They already got your money when you bought the game. They could shut down the servers tomorrow and there's nothing that anyone could do about it. Hell, they could have shut down the servers permanently once the money exploits started during the holidays.

It's not "loyalty," it's just business sense. R* has put together a model where it is 100% OPTIONAL to buy cash cards.

If it were "all about making money," they would have made it so that you're literally FORCED to pay to access online, such as a monthly subscription fee.

If it were "all about making money," they could have charged real money as the only way to access things in the game. Want a Tank? That'll be $5. Want a Super Car? That'll be another $3.

Instead, R* used a "cash card" model, which means those who want to pay to get some ingame cash quicker can, while those who don't can simply play the game and have access to the same vehicles, weapons, etc... Sure, it might take a bit longer to save up enough to get those things, but it certainly can be done.

If R* took the missions off of the menu, all's it would really do is put an end to the "grinding" option that most anti-cash carders bitch about anyway.

But, R* couldn't care less how many players play online. They have a set budget for operating online and my guess is, cash card sales help extend that budget, but the budget is not dependent on sales. Regardless, the minute that budget is eliminated is the day support stops and the servers are shut down.

With the servers still being up for GTA IV, I'd say we're quite a long way away from that, even if people do quit playing, because they're pissed that R* made a change to something, or multiple things.

-Bill

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Bill just stop defending them. Its honestly sickening. They will not shut anything down because they are making money on cashcards. And no they are not going to outright make it impossible to make money because that would mean people quit and revenue stream stops.

What they did do was make it incredibly difficult to save money and still but things unless you play this for like 20+ hours a week. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? That rockstar has intentionally made it difficult to make money.
  • blackwolfred likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Bill just stop defending them. Its honestly sickening. They will not shut anything down because they are making money on cashcards. And no they are not going to outright make it impossible to make money because that would mean people quit and revenue stream stops.

What they did do was make it incredibly difficult to save money and still but things unless you play this for like 20+ hours a week. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? That rockstar has intentionally made it difficult to make money.

I over heard a Game Stop desk guy.

Some 13 year old kid was there with his pops.   They saw the cash card cases which they had on display by the front counter.

The father asked.. "Whats this for"

Game Stop guys "Well, you can earn all the money in game.. But that takes a long time.  So if you want a Tank or expensive Car this would be the fastest way to do so"...

The father bought a cash card....

And thats exactly how the Cash Cards work.  Hook, line and sinker. 

And is why R* constantly keeps f*cking with payouts.

• blackwolfred and mr toasterbutt like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

I have 2 characters both ranked over 120, both with 2 apartments with 10 car garages, both with every weapon in the game, every car I want with every mod that I want on said cars, every stitch of clothing offered for both and still have over $14.5 million in the bank. Never glitched, never grinded... Simply played the game, doing what I wanted, when I wanted.

I'm sure others on this forum can share the exact same story that I just did.

It's not difficult to make money. It may be difficult for SOME people to save money, especially those who are impatient and have to have everything NOW!!!!!!!!!1111111 Those are problems that those players have, not a problem within the game itself.

My guess is, if most of those players spent half as much time actually playing the game that they spend on here bitching about the "Evil R* FORCING cash cards on everyone," they'd be a lot better off when it comes to in-game funding.

-Bill

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I have 2 characters both ranked over 120, both with 2 apartments with 10 car garages, both with every weapon in the game, every car I want with every mod that I want on said cars, every stitch of clothing offered for both and still have over $14.5 million in the bank. Never glitched, never grinded... Simply played the game, doing what I wanted, when I wanted.

I'm sure others on this forum can share the exact same story that I just did

I can share the same story.. But face lets it.. You are NOT the target for cash card sales.

Casuals are the targets.. The ones that barely play a few hours a week.  The ones that will never have enough time to gain large amounts of cash by just playing.  I've put in more hours in a week then most casuals put in over the past half year.

Thats why when us HARDCORE players feel the payouts getting tighter its even worse for casuals.  And Casuals are where they milk their cash from.

• Pagan Lowrider likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

I frown on it for a few reasons and none of them are actually related to my GTA experience. Let's call those reasons Farmville, WoW and Manhunt.

Farmville- as games are finally becoming mainstream, they predictably are suffering as an art. Bullschit games come to represent an area that could be exploding with brilliant innovation but instead aim for plastic and simple popularity.

WoW- with billions of people online and countless millions gaming, studios race to keep players which is an entirely different thing from making a great game. There are ways to condition people for regular play that aren't necessarily fun or fulfilling and these are easier to nail and more profitable than creative, innovative games.

Manhunt- Rockstar used to intentionally flip off cultural expectations of games, inviting and defeating lawsuit after lawsuit. They mocked rivals and the institutions that complained with merciless wit. They're still pushing limits in a pretty serious way with story but not with the gameplay experience.

TL;DR - R* are shills.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

I over heard a Game Stop desk guy.

Some 13 year old kid was there with his pops.   They saw the cash card cases which they had on display by the front counter.

The father asked.. "Whats this for"

Game Stop guys "Well, you can earn all the money in game.. But that takes a long time.  So if you want a Tank or expensive Car this would be the fastest way to do so"...

The father bought a cash card....

And thats exactly how the Cash Cards work.  Hook, line and sinker. 

And is why R* constantly keeps f*cking with payouts.

So, according to you, the problem is not with the father, who allows his underage child to play a game for people over the age of 17 and buys him a cash card, so that that same kid doesn't have to actually play the game to get something that is "expensive" but with the game itself...?

I'm curious: Did you overhear the GameStop guy tell the father that you have to be Rank 70 in order to buy a tank, cash card or not and, in order to do that, the kid would have to play anyway? Or, did the GameStop guy conveniently leave that part out, just trying to make a sale in a place of business...?

-Bill

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

I can share the same story.. But face lets it.. You are NOT the target for cash card sales.

Casuals are the targets.. The ones that barely play a few hours a week.  The ones that will never have enough time to gain large amounts of cash by just playing.  I've put in more hours in a week then most casuals put in over the past half year.

Thats why when us HARDCORE players feel the payouts getting tighter its even worse for casuals.  And Casuals are where they milk their cash from.

So, if we're not the targets for cash card sales and have managed your GTA$ so that you can buy whatever you want, whenever you want, why do you care?

You're going to play anyway. So, naturally, you're gonna make money throughout the course of naturally playing. Why do you care how "casuals" play, or, more importantly, why do you care how they spend their money, if they choose to buy a cash card?

It's simply an option that's available to them. They can buy them or not buy them. I'd say that charging a monthly fee, or having DLC cars, weapons, etc behind a paywall, where you HAVE to buy it to be able to access it would be a far worse scenario for a "casual" player than the option of buying a cash card to up your ingame cashflow quickly is.

-Bill

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by Vooodu, 20 May 2014 - 07:18 PM.

So, according to you, the problem is not with the father, who allows his underage child to play a game for people over the age of 17 and buys him a cash card, so that that same kid doesn't have to actually play the game to get something that is "expensive" but with the game itself...?

I'm curious: Did you overhear the GameStop guy tell the father that you have to be Rank 70 in order to buy a tank, cash card or not and, in order to do that, the kid would have to play anyway? Or, did the GameStop guy conveniently leave that part out, just trying to make a sale in a place of business...?

I typed what i over heard.     

And face it.. Its not up to you to judge what and who plays what.. And Game stop is basically making a legit sale here.  Lvl 70.. whoop dee dooo.

Are you a corporate shill from R*?  I mean you are defending R* so much your lips a smoking.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

And face it.. Its not up to you to judge what and who plays what.. And Game stop is basically making a legit sale here.  Lvl 70.. whoop dee dooo.

No, that would be the ESRB, who assigned an M rating to the game.

Level 70 for a "casual" can take quite a long time to achieve.

Are you a corporate shill from R*?  I mean you are defending R* so much your lips a smoking.

Nope, not really defending R*, per se... Just sick of all the people whining and complaining about anything and everything that R* chooses to do with the game and trying to tie it to cash card sales.

The fact is, if R* wanted to, they could implement a much worse method of generating income for GTA:O IMO, they chose the method that is the best way for everyone to be able to either participate in buying a service or not buying it.

If R* charged a subscription fee, many of those "casuals" you're so concerned about simply wouldn't play online at all.

If R* charged for DLC items, or items like tanks individually, people would be bitching that they have to pay real money for the "good stuff."

In the cash card model, you're not obligated to spend a dime more than what you paid for the game. But, if you want to pad your GTA wallet a bit, you can pay some money in order to do that. If not, you can play the game like everyone else without spending another dime.

-Bill

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Bill stop defending them and admit they made it difficult to make and save money. Anything you say to the contrary is deflecting. Yah you and other people like me have time to play alot. Like others said they made it near impossible for non hardcore players to get money. All we need is the replay button or the original payouts.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Because people are ridiculous.  And absolutely delusional.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

If you think rockstar doesn't care if people play or buy cash cards or not then you are pretty dumb. They have tweaked things in response to outrage over their over the top nerfing. It's all about balance and they are trying to find it. They want as many people playing and buying cash cards as possible but if they make it take too long to earn it in game or cost to much to pay real money then people will simply quit playing completely.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by BLeonard, 20 May 2014 - 08:08 PM.

Bill stop defending them and admit they made it difficult to make and save money.

It's not difficult at all, if you have discipline. Now, if you go all John Rambo in freeroam, shooting RPGs and blowing up PV's everywhere, yeah, that could drain you some. But, if you spend within your means, it's not hard to accumulate money at all.

I don't know why they changed the payouts and neither do you... You simply assume it was to boost cash card sales. You may be right, you may be wrong.

Like others said they made it near impossible for non hardcore players to get money.

Again, nowhere near impossible, if you don't go all apesh*t and spend more than you're making. I have friends that play maybe once a week on average and are in the same situation as I am: Have everything they want in the game and several millions in the bank. They just don't blow all of their cash in freeroam, lighting every corner of Los Santos up with military grade weaponry.

All we need is the replay button or the original payouts.

Even if they brought those things back, I guarantee, you'd be bitching about something else the next day, trying to make it a big conspiracy by R* in order to sell more cash cards. Because, that's what a good portion of people like you do... Bitch.

GTA:O is released, you bitch: "We need more content!!!!!!111"
New content is released (Beach Bum) you bitch: "All this stuff sucks!!!!!11111"
New content is released (Valentine's) you bitch: "Why is it limited time????? The Roosevelt costs too much!!!!11 This sucks!!!!!1111"
New content is released (Business) you bitch: "Why do we get this stuff, instead of what I want...? This sucks!!!!1111"
No content is released for a bit, you bitch: "Why don't we have new content? It's been a month!!!1111 Why can't we have more than one apartment??? This sucks!!!111"
New content is released (High Life) you bitch: "Why do we ONLY get two apartments? Why did we get more suits? Where are heists??? This sucks!!!!!!!1111"

I'm sure, when heists come out, it'll be the same story... You'll bitch: "They don't pay enough!!!!111 I have to actually play the game to be able to make money!!!! Why don't we have new content? Why can't R* do EXACTLY WHAT I WANT??? This sucks!!!!!!1111

R*'s business model of cash cards is just one more outlet for you to do what it is you do best... Bitch about something.

If they had done something different, you'd bitch about that, too: "Why did R* make us have a subscription to play online??? Why couldn't they just sell cash cards???? This sucks!!!!!!!11111111"

Again, if many people played the game half as much as they bitch about it, they wouldn't be worrying about R* or the freaking cash cards.

-Bill

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

There's no way you can play once a week and buy much of anything. I play like it's my job and only have a few million but I do have about everything there is to get that's worth getting. Playing once a week if you grind the best mission the whole time you're probably pulling in 100k a hour if you're lucky which means you ain't got sh*t unless you're glitching

came99
  • came99

Cranky Old Man

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by came99, 20 May 2014 - 08:37 PM.

As me being the OP to this heated discussion, I have of course read every single post in this thread.

My oersonal opinion is that up until the recent installment of this game, GTA was primarily considered a single player experience to me. Every single GTA game have been fantastic (with GTA IV as a bit of dissapointment), and I gladly hands out 60 buck for that. A couple of month before release Rockstar announces GTA Online as a free addon to GTA V's singleplayer campaign. To me thats an added bonus to a game I was most definately gonna invest in no matter what. To me the GTA V story mode have been the absolute pinnacle to the series, and I am baffled why some people can find the campaign dissapointing.

Regarding the online-part: As I see it, they have made a very fair and involving model where everybody can participate and choose to put extra money into their experience of their own will. I heard several stories as Bills about people having lots of money, just by playing the game, but of course Rockstar is trying to find a balance where they include everyone and still have a business model where they earn money. IMO they succeed with that, and I have in two or three occasions bought a 500.000 GTA$ cashcard. I did so with pleasure, but I never felt I HAD to. Maybe I had to get by with a six car garage and only one super car, but hey... EVERYONE IS NOT ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD. I don't put more than a few hours into this game a week, so hey.. That could have been my story, and I would still have enjoyed the game very much.

Consider some of the alternatives they could have made:

- Only made it possible to just get by (Having money for ammo and such) by playing the game. They could have made the payouts so small that you HAD to buy cards to get apartments and cars.

- They could have made all the cars, tanks, choppers etc. as paid DLC as someone else mentioned: 5 dollars for a tank, 15 bucks for a Elegy etc.

- They could have made it impossible to rank up higher than lvl 20, unless you bought a monthly subscription, like some MMOs

The current business model makes it possible for everyone to enjoy the full scope of the game, in contrary to the above alternatives. But by reading this thread I have been more convinced than ever, that we are fostering a generation of spoiled brats feeling entitled to everything for nothing. With all the bitching thats going on on these forums, I honestly can't grasp why you are playing the game at all?

If you really think you are entitled to everything in life, then life have a surprise for you a couple of years down the line.

• Pyromythical likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by sultangris, 20 May 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Most definitely spoiled brats, but it's the 5th in the series and it's much different and heading away from what previous games were like. Since previous games were awesome and each got exponentially better and this one is sh*t by comparison you're gonna hear a lot of complaining. People love the game universe and it's got so much potential but it's so buggy and broken and unbalanced it is causing lots of frustrations.

Edit: doesn't matter what you do, someone will always complain about something but as a fan of the game having played and liked them all and seen the progression of each I was pretty disappointed in this one. I think it has potential to thrive online but to get up to par with the playability of gta4 it's got a ways to go. I feel my opinion vastly outweighs that of the crybaby 12 year olds who shouldn't even be playing in the first place whining about how they die all the time cause they suck and want this super easy game to be made even easier for them to play.

Pyromythical
  • Pyromythical

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

-Bill

Hardly.
You make the mistake of thinking the people that come here and post complaints are the majority.
You are a minority, this is always the way with gaming forums. Those who aren't whining are generally playing and having fun.

66m in cash card sales says there is a lot of people happily playing.

I for one would welcome the missions being fixed. I like the hard missions, I'm not some whining little chump who wants things to be handed to me.

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by gagemb9918, 20 May 2014 - 09:03 PM.

There is no reason to be upset with the idea. I've bought Shark Cards once but only by accident. I went to the store to buy an Xbox Live sub (I didn't know the difference between Live cards and money cards). I accidentally bought a $15 Xbox Money Card that I could use to buy Live on my console, I used it to buy some money on GTA. 

Honestly, it's just like buying upgrades to a mobile phone game or a new player pack in Fifa. You don't have to buy them but, R* puts them there to help you progress easier. 

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

I'm sure others on this forum can share the exact same story that I just did

Exactly...

Case in point...

I play everyday,I dont grind,I dont glitch,I dont do sp-mp car sales.I have the 2 most expensive apartments in the game,all filled with the cars I want,fully modded.
When 1.13 dropped I bought a Carbo as my Sport class racer,didnt like it,sold it,bought a Feltzer, Then I was reading here about the Jester,so I sold my Cheetah that I had about 3 days and bought The Jester.Tried it in a couple races,found it unsuitable,sold it after one day,bought another Carbo...that lasted a few hours and now I am auditioning The Elegy.

So far I have dropped over 10 million since 1.13 and I have plenty in the bank...BUT

I ran into a casual player the other day,good kid,used to be in my crew.He is level 38.I see him online a cpl times per week.I invited him into my new garage and he says to me on the MIC

"I dont want to see your garage"
"Why Not"
"Because you have so much money,and I have nothing,it makes me sad"

He has a 2 car garage.His only vehicle,literally,is a Faggio.

So i take him down to LSC to mod out a car for him to sell,and apparently I missed something cuz you can longer mod out a car for a broke friend....why?!?

Cashcards.

For the casual player

Pyromythical
  • Pyromythical

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Your friend is level 38 with no money and only a faggio?
Sorry but he has no discipline with money.

Why not teach him how not to waste money in free roam? Why not take him on some missions.

The old adage:
Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him how to fish he eats for a lifetime.

This game requires real life logic.
Live within your means, spend less than you make.
It's not hard, unless you have no willpower.

Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

So the point of this thread is to say GTA:O is Free to Play. Why wouldn't they just release the online portion of the game for free since it's only a bonus?

Oh wait, they didn't. You paid money for the GTA V disc. What was on that disc? GTA V and GTA:O (if you want to call them separate entities that is). They both use the same map, same models, same textures even the same sountrack. GTA:O is in noway an added bonus.

Multiplayer is a common thing in games now. I wonder if this year Call of Duty will be nice enough to flog a £40 campaign and give some bonus multiplayer for free? That'd be great.

• sweetbrother likes this

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

It's not difficult at all, if you have discipline. Now, if you go all John Rambo in freeroam, shooting RPGs and blowing up PV's everywhere, yeah, that could drain you some. But, if you spend within your means, it's not hard to accumulate money at all.

I don't know why they changed the payouts and neither do you... You simply assume it was to boost cash card sales. You may be right, you may be wrong.

Again, nowhere near impossible, if you don't go all apesh*t and spend more than you're making. I have friends that play maybe once a week on average and are in the same situation as I am: Have everything they want in the game and several millions in the bank. They just don't blow all of their cash in freeroam, lighting every corner of Los Santos up with military grade weaponry.

Even if they brought those things back, I guarantee, you'd be bitching about something else the next day, trying to make it a big conspiracy by R* in order to sell more cash cards. Because, that's what a good portion of people like you do... Bitch.

GTA:O is released, you bitch: "We need more content!!!!!!111"
New content is released (Beach Bum) you bitch: "All this stuff sucks!!!!!11111"
New content is released (Valentine's) you bitch: "Why is it limited time????? The Roosevelt costs too much!!!!11 This sucks!!!!!1111"
New content is released (Business) you bitch: "Why do we get this stuff, instead of what I want...? This sucks!!!!1111"
No content is released for a bit, you bitch: "Why don't we have new content? It's been a month!!!1111 Why can't we have more than one apartment??? This sucks!!!111"
New content is released (High Life) you bitch: "Why do we ONLY get two apartments? Why did we get more suits? Where are heists??? This sucks!!!!!!!1111"

I'm sure, when heists come out, it'll be the same story... You'll bitch: "They don't pay enough!!!!111 I have to actually play the game to be able to make money!!!! Why don't we have new content? Why can't R* do EXACTLY WHAT I WANT??? This sucks!!!!!!1111

R*'s business model of cash cards is just one more outlet for you to do what it is you do best... Bitch about something.

If they had done something different, you'd bitch about that, too: "Why did R* make us have a subscription to play online??? Why couldn't they just sell cash cards???? This sucks!!!!!!!11111111"

Again, if many people played the game half as much as they bitch about it, they wouldn't be worrying about R* or the freaking cash cards.

-Bill

people are always gonna bitch,man.look,i get to play more than most because of my job,and i save money too,i dont play around in public waste money and my time,my bitch comes from the pettiness of R*,the replay is really the tip of the iceberg,i would rather pay for dlc because then THEY have to give ME what i want,not what they want me to have,but look Bill,the replay is gone,jobs cut in half,tank griefing gone are the days of sniping the f*ckers,why? just my conspiracy theory here,but maybe,just maybe they want a casual gamer to (in a fitful of rage) impulse buy a cash card so he can get himself a tank and fight back??? also how about that it was made public knowledge that you could keep the Felon out of Martin's missions and the armored Dominator from Cops Capacity and sell them after the missions to double your payout,poof gone....the fact that Simeon's special car SHOULD be in the sports class of car,hell look at the price of crew emblems 10,000 for clothes and 20,000 or cars,yet they decrease the value of said car,and then there is this,just now i did a 35 lap race,35 laps,i finished second i got 2200 rp and 6000 dollars.....for 40 mins of race,and your telling me you don't see a embalance?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users