Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do people frown at the GTA Online business plan?

225 replies to this topic
Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:28 AM

How the heck does that work? How is somebody glitching money affect me? or anyone else?

They have quicker and unfair access to things at a speed I cannot possibly match playing fairly.

glitching into my garage to kill me, got it.

glitching invisibility to kill me, completely agree.
glitching a tank, HOLY crap yeah.

glitching cash, not really, since the things they can buy with that cash are the same things I can get and probably already have.

Keyword; Indirect. 

You are mentioning direct ways to affect me.

Your exploits and hacks of cash have lead to R* taking action which in turn means server downtime...meaning your glitching around got me less playtime as a result...but of course, since it doesn't affect you alone & will get to keep your exploits, you're totally fine with it; to hell with me, right?

not really,

not really,

not really,

not really,

not really,

Not really does not mean 'no', it means "Yeah...but I personally don't have a problem with it because I do the same".

In the first point, that could of been totally avoided had R* given players the ability to reject gifts, 

You are not a R* lead developer; you do not decide what R* should have done. The rules were set, you chose to break them & now I and every other legitimate player suffer your egotistical consequences.

• Pyromythical likes this

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

How the heck does that work? How is somebody glitching money affect me? or anyone else?

They have quicker and unfair access to things at a speed I cannot possibly match playing fairly.

Again I'll argue cash cards allow the same.  Why I think the cash card system is flawed.  They should have made a DLC mission pack.  That way if people want to pay cash money they can get new missions.

The RP glitching in my eyes was a much bigger deal as far as impact on players and yet RP hasn't been adjusted.  Guess that shows where R* priorities are.

That logic I can agree with
Death from above is a great example of a mission that Should pay out more.

It should be moved upto a higher level and paid accordingly

Same with a mission such as high priority case

Actually, I would like to clarify - with an idea I have had bouncing around in my head.

Scaling payouts.

It makes sense to me.

A rank 1 playing Rooftop Rumble with some level 70's will only get the money suitable for his level (and not to mention, how much he has actually input to the mission)

A rank 70 playing a simeon mission should get a payout that is suitable to his level - now I am not talking 15 to 18k here, but something worth his time.  Say 4k.

What this does is stops low levels being ranked up too fast, lowering their need to work for what they want - and it also gives higher levels a reason to play the lower level missions with new players.

It removes some of the segregation we have now.

Good idea.  I think if you have more players in a job you should get a $ multiplier.  Like you do with friends/crew for RP.  Make it so people want to host jobs with others.

• blackwolfred likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:38 AM

The half payout cut was very early.  It was before the LSC glitches were well established.  It was done because people were farming violent duct.  Making 9k in 30 seconds.  Even half payout on that mission wasn't enough for R*.  They cut the full payout on that particular mission.  Doesn't it only pay out 1500 on replay now? 

I contend the widespread glitching rose out of the decision to cut payouts in half and remove the replay button.

But, you don't know why R* cut the payouts... Nor does anyone else. They all just assume "cash cards." IMO, it still doesn't condone glitching, which is just another name for cheating, when it boils down to it. 

I understand they don't want missions like that where players are making close to 1 million an hour (I don't either).  I would like to see mission payouts reflect the mission difficulty and number of players involved.

Good idea, in theory. Problem is, what classifies a mission as "difficult"? I had a helluva time with Meth'd up, but some others likely cruise through it easily. Some might do better at missions that require flying, while others do better at missions involving a boat. Kinda hard to just say "This is a tough mission" and have it apply to every GTA:O player.

Check Out Time pays $7500 on hard on replay.  Death from Above pays $7500 first play on hard and $3750 for replay.  You think Death from Above is easier than Check Out Time?  This is what I mean, mission payouts are screwed up.  Death from Above should pay twice Check Out Time.

As said above, difficulty depends on the player. My guess is, there's a chance that someone thinks the exact opposite of you, that Check Out Time should pay twice the amount of Death From Above.

I won't say R* was perfect in calculating payouts for each and every mission. Most people know that Rooftop Rumble and High Priority Case were very likely flipped in name and payout, but could you imagine the bitching if R* corrected that now...?

-Bill

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

they cut the payouts and took away replay because people had unlocked and grinded base invaders and mixed up with coke...you make a valid point,and yes ther was alot of lsc glitching,but the cutting payouts and taking away replay,was a dick move in most peoples eyes.

In no way am I saying it is acceptable, but this is what I feel started the glitch gold rush.

the night i received my millions i had just created my second character and was placed in the public free roam of R*'s choosing(i never play in public),i was gifted 107 million.....wanna know why i spent it? the strength reset...is it a useless stat? yeah,but i wasn't a car kicker or whatever,i beat up pedestrians the ran hid from the law then golf,rinse&repeat.....another dick move....

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:42 AM

Valid points Bill, I do think Meth'd Up is a difficult mission too. 

Unless you are using a bicycle Check Out Time is pretty easy.  Not super easy the first time you do it but after you know what goes on it is very easy.  I've done Death From Above 3 times and I still hate that mission.  I'll never do it again.  I lost money the 1st 2 times I did it.

Pyromythical
  • Pyromythical

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:42 AM

I

Again I'll argue cash cards allow the same.  Why I think the cash card system is flawed.  They should have made a DLC mission pack.  That way if people want to pay cash money they can get new missions.

The RP glitching in my eyes was a much bigger deal as far as impact on players and yet RP hasn't been adjusted.  Guess that shows where R* priorities are.

That logic I can agree with
Death from above is a great example of a mission that Should pay out more.

It should be moved upto a higher level and paid accordingly

Same with a mission such as high priority case

Actually, I would like to clarify - with an idea I have had bouncing around in my head.

Scaling payouts.

It makes sense to me.

A rank 1 playing Rooftop Rumble with some level 70's will only get the money suitable for his level (and not to mention, how much he has actually input to the mission)

A rank 70 playing a simeon mission should get a payout that is suitable to his level - now I am not talking 15 to 18k here, but something worth his time.  Say 4k.

What this does is stops low levels being ranked up too fast, lowering their need to work for what they want - and it also gives higher levels a reason to play the lower level missions with new players.

It removes some of the segregation we have now.

Good idea.  I think if you have more players in a job you should get a $ multiplier.  Like you do with friends/crew for RP.  Make it so people want to host jobs with others.

I actually thought about this earlier today - a cash multiplier for more people within missions means it would encourage people to play with others.  As it stands, unless I am playing with friends, I still do missions solo - one for the challenge, two because randoms always mess it up for me. (And admittedly, I am a leader not a follower - if people dont communicate and act the lone wolf it rubs me the wrong way)

I also believe the rank cap should be 120.  and then RP gained should have a conversion ratio to GTA$
Say 2 RP for 1 GTA$

A mission awarding 5000 RP would give $2500

Even less would be acceptable.

The problem with a rank cap of 8000 is nothing can be locked to rank now with people having to level up to obtain it.  Rank after 120 is just a meaningless number that anyone can achieve.  (this is a little OT I know, apologies)

• 1158 likes this

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:43 AM

they cut the payouts and took away replay because people had unlocked and grinded base invaders and mixed up with coke...you make a valid point,and yes ther was alot of lsc glitching,but the cutting payouts and taking away replay,was a dick move in most peoples eyes.

In no way am I saying it is acceptable, but this is what I feel started the glitch gold rush.

the night i received my millions i had just created my second character and was placed in the public free roam of R*'s choosing(i never play in public),i was gifted 107 million.....wanna know why i spent it? the strength reset...is it a useless stat? yeah,but i wasn't a car kicker or whatever,i beat up pedestrians the ran hid from the law then golf,rinse&repeat.....another dick move....

Yeah, that strength reset was a dick move too.  I was same as you.  I just gained strength by playing the game.  The kicking the car glitch was too boring for me to do.  To me the strength reset seemed petty.  It did show how important that stat is though!

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:43 AM

they cut the payouts and took away replay because people had unlocked and grinded base invaders and mixed up with coke...

How do you know that was the reason that they cut payouts and took away replay?

You assume that's why, but you don't know.

If they had really wanted to stop grinding, why would they let people fire up Rooftop Rumble whenever they want? Why not make it a requirement that you have to play EVERY SINGLE MISSION once before you could play one for the second time?

R* didn't do that... In fact, they put the highest paying mission right on the list, able to be played as much or as little as one wants.

-Bill

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

It's funny that this is the only game where people say "they gave me the multiplayer free". No, they didn't. People never say "At least I got multiplayer free with BF4".

IMO, the difference is, to the best of my knowledge, Battlefield has always had multiplayer options... Whereas GTA hasn't, unitl recently. Meaning, multiplayer is an established part of Battlefield, compared to the GTA series, where multiplayer is relatively new by comparison.

I'd be curious to know if people felt that they paid for the multiplayer feature with GTA IV, or did they buy GTA IV, with multiplayer being an added bonus?

-Bill

Actually not true at all. GTA and GTA 2 on PC had multiplayer. Not sure about London 1969 as I didn't play that.  Also, there's a difference between feeling like something is a bonus, and it actually being a bonus in reality.

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:57 AM Edited by 1158, 20 May 2014 - 03:58 AM.

they cut the payouts and took away replay because people had unlocked and grinded base invaders and mixed up with coke...

If they had really wanted to stop grinding, why would they let people fire up Rooftop Rumble whenever they want? Why not make it a requirement that you have to play EVERY SINGLE MISSION once before you could play one for the second time?

R* didn't do that... In fact, they put the highest paying mission right on the list, able to be played as much or as little as one wants.

-Bill

I think they added that ability in hopes it would make up for the loss of the replay button.  Before they added all the contact missions to the job menu people were hosting roof top rumble left and right and making posts about it. 

I agree, we don't know what R* was thinking, but as in most things in life perception is reality.  If they had a good reason for removing replay or cutting payouts they never gave one.  That only reinforced the idea they were doing it to make people buy cash cards.  Conspiracy theory will always blame the "evil corporation" first. 

Again, I'm not asking for every mission to pay $30k.  I would just like slightly better pay rates or a double cash/RP weekend every other month.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by B3astGTS, 20 May 2014 - 04:21 AM.

On topic, I hate the business model as it adds a time sink solely for the sake of encouraging cash cards sales. On top of this they made owned items a huge part of gameplay and made them cost tons of money in order to work within the time sink cash card model. Combined with an over emphasis on making things simple for the casuals, they essentially ruined the balance and in some cases the potential of the competitive modes in this game. Hell, this model even results in Rockstar wasting time. Think of the resources wasted on things like the sport activities, impromptu races, and capture that barely anyone plays (without some sort of special cash or exp incentive) due to a low payouts/earning efficiency (and in some cases gameplay flaws). This whole system is out of whack because Rockstar puts the most emphasis on preserving the time sink rather than on the quality of the game itself.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

I think they added that ability in hopes it would make up for the loss of the replay button.  Before they added all the contact missions to the job menu people were hosting roof top rumble left and right and making posts about it.

The point is, R* didn't have to do anything. They could have simply made it so that you could only play a mission when a contact sent it to you. If they really were all about cash cards, they could have done much more to squeeze off the potential cashflow.

Hell, fixing Rooftop Rumble, so that it was actually the mission and payout it was supposed to be (High Priority Case). But, again, if R* made that change now, people would undoubtedly be up in arms about it, even though it's quite evident that those two mission titles and payouts are flip-flopped.

I agree, we don't know what R* was thinking, but as in most things in life perception is reality.  If they had a good reason for removing replay or cutting payouts they never gave one.  That only reinforced the idea they were doing it to make people buy cash cards.  Conspiracy theory will always blame the "evil corporation" first.

Can't argue with any of that, but at the same time, R* really doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to why they did something... If they came out and said "it was to fix an exploit," then likely, what would happen is people would have then started looking for the exploit, just as many people do now the instant a new update comes out.

For some people, the thought isn't, "Hey, let's see what all is in the new update," their thought process is "Oh, a new update, let's see how quick we can find a glitch to exploit something in it."

IMO, that's pretty sad. 

Again, I'm not asking for every mission to pay $30k.  I would just like slightly better pay rates or a double cash/RP weekend every other month.

And, perhaps those things would be on the table, if the glitching wasn't so prevalent in the community.

Furthermore, the problem with that is, while those things might make you happy, there's gonna be others who still claim that it isn't good anough and use that as an excuse to justify their glitching.

Hell, look at the last double cash/R weekend, just before the High Life update... Instead of "Oh, cool, 2 days to double up on cash and RP before the new update comes out," many people on the Social Club announcement and others on this forum said "Only Friday and Saturday? That sucks. It shuld be longer."

No matter how much you do, it's never enough for some people, which was the point of my very first post in this thread...

Quite bluntly, it's because some people will bitch about anything and everything that there is possible to bitch about...

If they had used a subscription or paid DLC, the chances are good that many of the same people bitching about cash cards would be bitching about the subscription or paid DLC model...

Some feel that because R* didn't cater to their individual vision of what GTA Online should be, they should sh*t on what does exist. Problem with that line of thinking is, there is no way to please everyone 100%

-Bill

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

Again I'll argue cash cards allow the same. 

Cash =/= RP

If a level 1 buys 50 cash cards or glitches 1 billion dollars, a level 120 with $10,000 still has a much greater advantage due to weaponry unlocks and ability unlocks (off the radar, etc).  I have always been against RP glitching because that truly puts you at an unfair advantage, which is why RP cards would also be a terrible idea.  Money glitching though?  Only arguable advantage is ammo and car mods being used in races, but both are hardly an argument since these things are both easy to come by, by simply just playing the game.

Hank Beist
  • Hank Beist

beepboopbop

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

On topic, I hate the business model as it adds a time sink solely for the sake of encouraging cash cards sales. On top of this they made owned items a huge part of gameplay and made them cost tons of money in order to work within the time sink cash card model. Combined with an over emphasis on making things simple for the casuals, they essentially ruined the balance and in some cases the potential of the competitive modes in this game. Hell, this model even results in Rockstar wasting time. Think of the resources wasted on things like the sport activities, impromptu races, and capture that barely anyone plays (without some sort of special cash or exp incentive) due to a low payouts/earning efficiency (and in some cases gameplay flaws). This whole system is out of whack because Rockstar puts the most emphasis on preserving the time sink rather than on the quality of the game itself.

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

The online portion of GTA isn't a bonus add on. It is a feature that was advertised to be included in the game.

But none of that really matters, because R* holds all the keys to all the doors. (Although funmw3 has a nifty lockpick.) They can pull the plug on MP anytime they wish with no recourse. Anyone feeling entitled should keep that in mind.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

Money glitching though?  Only arguable advantage is ammo and car mods being used in races, but both are hardly an argument since these things are both easy to come by, by simply just playing the game.

Money's pretty easy to come by, by simply just playing the game, too...

-Bill

yete420
  • yete420

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

heres how to save the game

open the casino add more features to free-roam

done and done were happy

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:22 AM Edited by AgentExeider, 20 May 2014 - 05:26 AM.

glitching into my garage to kill me, got it.

glitching invisibility to kill me, completely agree.
glitching a tank, HOLY crap yeah.

glitching cash, not really, since the things they can buy with that cash are the same things I can get and probably already have.

Keyword; Indirect. 

You are mentioning direct ways to affect me.

Your exploits and hacks of cash have lead to R* taking action which in turn means server downtime...meaning your glitching around got me less playtime as a result...but of course, since it doesn't affect you alone & will get to keep your exploits, you're totally fine with it; to hell with me, right?

not really,

not really,

not really,

not really,

not really,

Not really does not mean 'no', it means "Yeah...but I personally don't have a problem with it because I do the same".

In the first point, that could of been totally avoided had R* given players the ability to reject gifts, 

You are not a R* lead developer; you do not decide what R* should have done. The rules were set, you chose to break them & now I and every other legitimate player suffer your egotistical consequences.

No, I say to hell with you because 1) you assume I'm a glitcher 2) grinding is not glitching, it's grinding and a legitimate way albeit boring way to get cash. And 3) What rules, I was talking about a mechanic that could have curtailed the situation before it became an issue and would have separated the guilty from the innocent immediately. While the existence of the situation was not the fault of R* but of glitchers, the fact that it became so bad was because of bad design on R*'s part

and lastly, you can take that self righteous judgmental attitude of yours and shove it up your ass, and stop assuming that just because I disagree with your position that I MUST be guilty and I MUST be a glitcher.

Ironically, all the money I have earned, every penny is legit, but I try to see things from both sides and I disagree with you because of how militant you are in your stance.

And if you weren't so damn blind you would see that!!

and PS, When I say to hell with you. I mean YOU personally.

luisniko
  • luisniko

McWendy's Fried Chicken

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

People frown at the fact that GTA Online is a free added bonus to the awesome singleplayer game that is GTA V?

Again and again I see the argument that "I already paid for the game, so why should I earn my money and/or buy cashcards to get what I want?"

You paid for the singleplayer game, which in my opinion is more than worth the price. As an added bonus Rockstar gave me gta online to play free of charge, with an OPTION to buy cashcards. (Which I gladly did at two occasions, where me and some friends was having a gaming weekend and wanted a car and a zillion sticky bombs to toss around.)

To me it is a perfectly fair and legitimate business plan, and I don't understand the arguments against it. Rockstar is continously adding new features and content, so how is it not fair to make a some bucks out of it? I got more than enough bang for the buck in the single player campaign to justify the price. Just as every other GTA game. They could have skipped the whole online part alltogether, and avoided all the hate, and people would still have loved what they paid for.

Please share your thoughts.. To me it seems that some people feel entitled to something they are getting for free..

It's not about "Oh I've paid $60 so I won't buy CC" nor selling Cash Card is wrong.

As we all can see, mobile games mostly are selling in-game money/points for real life money. That's just like Cash Card, isn't it?

The problem is, Rockstar make people hate Cash Card. Why? As I have said I-don't-know-how-many-times, we are NOT forced to buy it - it's true. BUT we are INDIRECTLY forced to buy. Why and how is it 'INDIRECTLY forced'? If you play the game, use your sense of balance, try to compare the Difficulty of missions and money Reward out of it with the Price of items you can purchase. This kind of approach makes people hate that Cash Card offer. They're trying to 'grab' us in the wrong way and that makes us 'pushing' them away, instead of 'welcoming' them.

came99
  • came99

Cranky Old Man

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

Rockstar is business, their goal is too make MONEY, not to provide a non profit online game service to 5 year olds.

I agree that the SP was worth the 60$ but Online was advertised and hyped up as a main selling point.

Your point? I could advertise the toy inside the cereal box and it could be complete crap

Oh, thats actually a good comparison. GTA Online is the toy inside a cereal box. And thats how it was advertised. As an added bonus to the concept which has been GTA for decades: An awesome singleplayer experience that was more than worth my 60 bucks.

People comparing this to CoD or BF are just plain stupid. The main selling point has always been multiplayer in these games.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

but I try to see things from both sides and I disagree with you because of how militant you are in your stance.

Sure thing man; how dare I stand by my ideas. Blasphemy, I know.

You're absolutely right about everything; even things you don't even say.

Oh, I'll go to hell with the rest of the sinners merrily. Heaven's full of nothing but hypocrites & ass-kissers anyway.

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

No, I say to hell with you because 1) you assume I'm a glitcher 2) grinding is not glitching, it's grinding and a legitimate way albeit boring way to get cash. And 3) What rules, I was talking about a mechanic that could have curtailed the situation before it became an issue and would have separated the guilty from the innocent immediately. While the existence of the situation was not the fault of R* but of glitchers, the fact that it became so bad was because of bad design on R*'s part

and lastly, you can take that self righteous judgmental attitude of yours and shove it up your ass, and stop assuming that just because I disagree with your position that I MUST be guilty and I MUST be a glitcher.

Ironically, all the money I have earned, every penny is legit, but I try to see things from both sides and I disagree with you because of how militant you are in your stance.

A couple pages back you were accusing Bill of being a thief and now you're going to tell him to stop assuming things?

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

A couple pages back you were accusing Bill of being a thief and now you're going to tell him to stop assuming things?

I never accused him of being a thief, I said if he procured it through illegitimate means that would make him guilty of piracy.

one he revealed the part about him having a receipt, I simply asked for an explanation to that and the statement "no body I know or have met paid for the game."

he didn't go into explaining it and to be honest I don't know what to think. But never did I accuse him directly of being a thief.

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:49 AM Edited by sweetbrother, 20 May 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Okay where do I start...

1. I bought the game because I like GTA and in this day and age I would expect a TRUE online mode for GTA (not like gta4). So I bought for SP and online.

2. I put it like this, if you paid for GTA V you paid for the online game too. After-all the game is using the same city & characters right? Its not like you bought GTA V and got gta online with a bunch of new characters, vehicles, game mechanics, new cities right?

2a. I don't have a problem with cash cards. Its been done already in facebook games or whoever started it. If you wanna spend $4 getting a new character on temple run that's on you. Don't have to buy it. But if you think the new cars/apt. are not being added to encourage people to buy cards, you are dumb. 

3. Tekken Revolution is free to play, and DCUO (now it is). Following the same business format. But they take care of their online games. GTA online surprisingly does not. Why not? Why do they wait a whole months to fix a problem and try to patch a bunch of things at once? If this was any other online game they would shut down servers every week to hotfix stuff.

4. The things they have been adding in the months since its release, i'm pretty sure they were supposed to be in game to start with. They advertised them (heists) to begin with and instead slowly released content in updates to make believe that we are getting "bonuses" & "rewards" to keep me playing.

That's the kind of business I frown upon

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

I am more than happy with game, except freezes...

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

The online portion of GTA isn't a bonus add on. It is a feature that was advertised to be included in the game.

But none of that really matters, because R* holds all the keys to all the doors. (Although funmw3 has a nifty lockpick.) They can pull the plug on MP anytime they wish with no recourse. Anyone feeling entitled should keep that in mind.

Lol please they wouldnt alienate that many possible customers lets get real. Too many people have devoted countless hours and real money with Cash cards and such for them to shut it down because theyre butthurt they released the game too early with too many holes. They wont shut sh!t down of they want to keep selling more products.

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 20 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

I'm not against the idea of using Cash Cards and I'd be open to purchasing quality DLC, but the content I'd be paying for right now just isn't worth the price. Cash Cards just don't seem worth it overall.

Does anyone honestly think a tank should be valued at nearly 1/3rd the price of the game itself?

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

I'm not against the idea of using Cash Cards and I'd be open to purchasing quality DLC, but the content I'd be paying for right now just isn't worth the price. Cash Cards just don't seem worth it overall.

Does anyone honestly think a tank should be valued at nearly 1/3rd the price of the game itself?

That micro transactions for ya, the idea of getting you to pay more for less while making you think it's bargain.

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

-Bill

if you will remember there was quite sometime inbetween the removal of replay and the paycut and then they added missions into the pause menu with coveted,crystal clear out 2&3 etc.while i have no proof that is why they removed it for this reason i whole-heartedly believe it,i remember what was going on then,hell it caused me to never get a full payout on base invaders on my first character

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:06 PM Edited by LeAristocrat, 20 May 2014 - 03:09 PM.

I expected more transparency with Rockstar. They marketed GTA Online as free, we started to play, and they they nerfed everything. The "nerfing process" was extremely frustrating for me. It's like giving a kid a whole bag of candy, then taking it away and telling him he can only have three pieces. I got distracted from the fun and started feeling like I was being "restricted." They cut mission payouts in half, took away the quick replay button (for all my day one players), buffed the cops, and added a bunch of little things that dwindle players money away slowly but surely such as:

• Cars blowing up almost instantly when you shoot them in close proximity with an AP as opposed to far away (insurance).
  • Daily Mechanic and "Utility" bills that accumulate every 48 minutes even when you're not playing.
  • Extremely expensive vehicle mods and paints.
  • An inconvenient car impound (one location) that destroys your car after a set period of time, or when you bring another out the garage (insurance).
  • Annoying cops that harass you for every little thing, give you stars after you've just respawned, and see you even when you kill a random hiker out in the wilderness with a suppressed pistol.
  • Expensive ammo (esp. stickies and rockets).

To me, the "cost of living," was way more sustainable before they nerfed everything right? You could gain money at a decent rate to buy the things you wanted, afford ammo, and even save a little extra. Now, with the infusion of "new content" to buy, coupled with popular cash missions such as Rooftop Rumble being "extended," the time investment of players doesn't equal the financial payout as it did before. In fact, I find myself almost equaling out financially on most days, after doing some Rooftops, a little bit of free roam scuffling, running from the cops, hitting armored trucks, dying, and getting my car impounded.

The game launch could have been done better; to me it felt rushed. No beta test, and then the consumers as a whole get penalized when people exploit glitches. For example the notorious money wipe in January of this year which wiped away player money even the legit cash; and I mean trillions of dollars, collectively, of legit cash (in addition to the DNS cash).

The updates don't feel substantial to me, they feel like place holders for "real" content, new areas to explore, more explorable/interactive interiors, more functionality for crews (which the online game is based around). I wish the game was more fun and more social, it just seems like everything they are doing now revolves around money (whether that's making money or recovering money, who knows). 

• XJpostman and Gay Tony like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users