Photo

Where should I visit in Europe?

67 replies to this topic
KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by KnobCheez, 26 May 2014 - 09:04 AM.

I'm a city guy, the best cities I've visited are Amsterdam, Barcelona and Berlin.

Edit: thought I'd expand on my suggestions bro, wasn't really able to last night.

Amsterdam is the prettiest city I've ever visited with Venice coming a close 2nd. I must like canals lol.
As well as the drugs and sleaze it's got some good museums (get really toasted and go to Van Gogh) and a brilliant night life.

Barcelona has great locals, good clubs and bars, lots of Gaudí sh*t to check out and a beach.

Berlin may not be as pretty as the other 2 architecturally, but has an incredible vibe. I'm almost cringing using that cliched word, but it's the most appropriate. The bars and clubs in Berlin are incredible and out of all the Europeans the Germans are probably my favourite. Great place , full of great people.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Germany, England, France, Scotland, Ireland and....

Isle Of Man - some of the roads have no speed limit.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Berlin may not be as pretty as the other 2 architecturally, but has an incredible vibe. I'm almost cringing using that cliched word, but it's the most appropriate. The bars and clubs in Berlin are incredible and out of all the Europeans the Germans are probably my favourite. Great place , full of great people.

Thanks for the suggestions. I spent five days in Berlin previously and it struck me as a normal modern city. The landmarks were amazing but I didn't pick up the vibe you're referring to. Could you point me to where you visited or lived within the city that gave you this impression? I wouldn't like to stick with a bad impression :)

Germany, England, France, Scotland, Ireland and....

Isle Of Man - some of the roads have no speed limit.

Thank you for the suggestions but if you could provide more specific venues to visit, that would be really helpful. I am asking not just for countries to visit but places within countries. Which cities and sites? Which streets, avenues, bars, parks, and museums? All those places you named are entire countries with lots of things in them. I'm asking for help in picking out what I should dedicate my time to find. Thanks!

Nowdrivefaster
  • Nowdrivefaster

Obsessed with TBOGT

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

I warmly recommend you to visit Stockholm, Tallinn and Helsinki. The old city in Stockholm is really beautiful, and in Tallinn too! If you come to Finland via Sweden, you can travel By Cruise liner. Passengers are usually pretty drunk there, but it's well worth seeing anyway :D

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 03 June 2014 - 08:42 PM.

Go to Maaskanjte in the Netherlands and see the snackbar.

Or failing that, go see the old Stasi museum in Berlin.

haha maaskantje. That's close where i live. There's really nothing special about Holland.altijd grafweer;)

altough maybe Amsterdam is interesting.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

I'm a city guy, the best cities I've visited are Amsterdam, Barcelona and Berlin.

Edit: thought I'd expand on my suggestions bro, wasn't really able to last night.

Amsterdam is the prettiest city I've ever visited with Venice coming a close 2nd. I must like canals lol.
As well as the drugs and sleaze it's got some good museums (get really toasted and go to Van Gogh) and a brilliant night life.

Barcelona has great locals, good clubs and bars, lots of Gaudí sh*t to check out and a beach.

If any of you come to Barcelona i will personally take you to the best places to eat, party and beaches. 

No sh*tty tourist rip offs.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Barcelona is fun, fun, fun! 

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Going to Sicily for 3 week in July, then a week after to Amsterdam for a weekend.

Anyone have any tips or experiences in these places?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users