Photo

Where should I visit in Europe?

75 replies to this topic
Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by KnobCheez, 26 May 2014 - 09:04 AM.

I'm a city guy, the best cities I've visited are Amsterdam, Barcelona and Berlin.

Edit: thought I'd expand on my suggestions bro, wasn't really able to last night.

Amsterdam is the prettiest city I've ever visited with Venice coming a close 2nd. I must like canals lol.
As well as the drugs and sleaze it's got some good museums (get really toasted and go to Van Gogh) and a brilliant night life.

Barcelona has great locals, good clubs and bars, lots of Gaudí sh*t to check out and a beach.

Berlin may not be as pretty as the other 2 architecturally, but has an incredible vibe. I'm almost cringing using that cliched word, but it's the most appropriate. The bars and clubs in Berlin are incredible and out of all the Europeans the Germans are probably my favourite. Great place , full of great people.
  • Mister Pink and orbitalraindrops like this

S99
  • S99

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Germany, England, France, Scotland, Ireland and....

Isle Of Man - some of the roads have no speed limit.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Berlin may not be as pretty as the other 2 architecturally, but has an incredible vibe. I'm almost cringing using that cliched word, but it's the most appropriate. The bars and clubs in Berlin are incredible and out of all the Europeans the Germans are probably my favourite. Great place , full of great people.

Thanks for the suggestions. I spent five days in Berlin previously and it struck me as a normal modern city. The landmarks were amazing but I didn't pick up the vibe you're referring to. Could you point me to where you visited or lived within the city that gave you this impression? I wouldn't like to stick with a bad impression :)

Germany, England, France, Scotland, Ireland and....

Isle Of Man - some of the roads have no speed limit.

Thank you for the suggestions but if you could provide more specific venues to visit, that would be really helpful. I am asking not just for countries to visit but places within countries. Which cities and sites? Which streets, avenues, bars, parks, and museums? All those places you named are entire countries with lots of things in them. I'm asking for help in picking out what I should dedicate my time to find. Thanks!

Nowdrivefaster
  • Nowdrivefaster

Obsessed with TBOGT

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

I warmly recommend you to visit Stockholm, Tallinn and Helsinki. The old city in Stockholm is really beautiful, and in Tallinn too! If you come to Finland via Sweden, you can travel By Cruise liner. Passengers are usually pretty drunk there, but it's well worth seeing anyway :D

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 03 June 2014 - 08:42 PM.

Go to Maaskanjte in the Netherlands and see the snackbar.

Or failing that, go see the old Stasi museum in Berlin.

haha maaskantje. That's close where i live. There's really nothing special about Holland.altijd grafweer;)

altough maybe Amsterdam is interesting.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

I'm a city guy, the best cities I've visited are Amsterdam, Barcelona and Berlin.

Edit: thought I'd expand on my suggestions bro, wasn't really able to last night.

Amsterdam is the prettiest city I've ever visited with Venice coming a close 2nd. I must like canals lol.
As well as the drugs and sleaze it's got some good museums (get really toasted and go to Van Gogh) and a brilliant night life.

Barcelona has great locals, good clubs and bars, lots of Gaudí sh*t to check out and a beach.

If any of you come to Barcelona i will personally take you to the best places to eat, party and beaches. 

No sh*tty tourist rip offs.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Spooked ya!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Barcelona is fun, fun, fun! 

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Going to Sicily for 3 week in July, then a week after to Amsterdam for a weekend.

Anyone have any tips or experiences in these places?

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Sorry for bumping an old thread...

...but things may have changed a bit. My motorcycle is taking longer to arrive than I expected and I may end up leaving on this trip in late August or even (hopefully not) the beginning days of September. I'm thinking as a result I should cut out Scandinavia and the Baltics for fear of cold weather making my trip less of a pleasure and more of a pain. I generally don't mind cold weather but when you're riding at 100kph, wind chill gets very noticeable.

I'm thinking instead to take a more southerly route, starting from Bremerhaven and going through the Benelux countries, then down through southern Germany and Austria into Slovenia, along Croatia's coast down to Albania, then up into Kosovo and then into Serbia and BiH before making my way back "home" to Prague.

If anyone has any tips based on this new route or if anyone in Scandinavia advises that motorcycling around their area in September is still a doable feat I would like to know. Thanks!

Jeone
  • Jeone

I don't like cats

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Spain is Cool

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Go to Bruges, you gotta see Bruges.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Spain is Cool

Don't listen to this bullsh*t merchant bro, Spain is actually a very warm country. 

a cactus
  • a cactus

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Spain is Cool

Don't listen to this bullsh*t merchant bro, Spain is actually a very warm country. 

But that's what makes it so cool. 

@Oddshock, if you're making your way back to Prague from the south, I'd recommend the Czech town of Cesky Krumlov, just above the Austrian border. It's a picturesque Czech town, with pretty much the same charm as Prague, but without the hustle of a capital city.  

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

Spain is Cool

But that's what makes it so cool. 

@Oddshock, if you're making your way back to Prague from the south, I'd recommend the Czech town of Cesky Krumlov, just above the Austrian border. It's a picturesque Czech town, with pretty much the same charm as Prague, but without the hustle of a capital city.  

I've been there three times as a matter of fact :D Thanks for the tip regardless!

So far Spain is out of the picture because it's too far from where I want to end up (Balkans) but it certainly warrants another trip when possible. I didn't even think of Bruges, I should definitely go!

Special Members
  • Special Members

Everyday I wake up to find myself in bed

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

I'm currently in Gdansk, and it is definetely worth a visit. Beautiful architecture and lots of life.

Nowdrivefaster
  • Nowdrivefaster

Obsessed with TBOGT

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I'm going to Austria next week!! I can hardly wait. I have never been to central Europe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users