Why is GTA Boring now?

88 replies to this topic
plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

I'm pretty sure someone already touched up on this before, but beyond the thrill of playing for the first time what do GTA online need in order for us to keep coming back.

I was online last night, none of my friends were online.

It was the first time since I started playing back in November I thought, ''what can i do now?''
You can add me and well gef back to the carnage
  • goodmoneyinc likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

Speak for yourself, I'll be seeing out GTAO as long as possible. ;)

Sunnycyde
  • Sunnycyde

Certified Plastic

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

Making sh*tty threads about how gta online is boring is normally always a good start.

Haha perfect comment right there! Made me smile.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

I'm pretty sure someone already touched up on this before, but beyond the thrill of playing for the first time what do GTA online need in order for us to keep coming back.

This should have been painfully obvious by now.

get rid of the zero creative, no talent @$$hats with a CoD/WoW mindset who insist on turning FM into a PvP death match every time they come online.  

The whole concept of fun in GTAO went to hell the moment this CoD mentality set in.  It creates a paranoid mentality which destroys the ability for players to really collaborate and have fun in FM.  The same mentality gets brought into missions, races etc.  where player will deliberately try to ruin the team experience for other players by sabotaging, griefing or a combination of both.  Or do any of these to get an advantage and score higher over other players on their team.  

Perfect example: Survival missions  where you're stuck playing with other randoms who clearly have never played survival missions, lack the combat shooting skills, tactics, and/or familiarity of the survival area you're playing in. I was doing boneyard with 1 other GI Joe random who kept getting killed several seconds into the start of every wave. Then after sitting out the 1st 5 waves and watching how I took cover, this random actually got smart enough to realize they needed to follow my example and do the same.  

So at the start of the new wave, he immediately parked himself on the other side of me behind that shed.  That was the first time I think he ever survived that particular survival up to wave 9 without getting killed.  Then after picking up couple of RPGs, he got cocky.  When the choppers showed up on my side of the shed in the final wave, I began targeting them in the distance with my heavy sniper and missed a few shots.   That's when the dumb @$$hat panicked.  Instead of taking out the 100 red dots that were pouring out of that side gate on his side, he shrieked "you're doing it all wrong motherf*cker!"  And the next thing I know, my guy was standing out in the open in front of that light pole where the idiot had pushed him.  Just so that the fool could "more effectively target" and take out the 2 choppers with his "superior" weapon and claim credit.  

Several seconds later, I spectated in disgust as my perfect $20k survival run went up in smoke.  He not only missed both choppers with all his RPG ammo, but couldn't shoot for sh*t with the machine gun he'd managed to acquire before the final wave. He also wasn't bright enough to return to cover and eat something to restore his health.  I guess he figured that machine gun somehow made him invincible.  That idiot screwed the team and our whole survival mission out of greed (to score more RP for taking out more enemies) and sheer f*cking stupidity (dumb ass tactics).  :facedesk:

My suspicion of this idiot having no concept of what cover means in a fire fight was verified when I got back to FM.  That whole Rambo style PvP mentality was basically how this fool was accustomed to playing in FM.  Standing around in the open, and mindlessly shooting/sabotaging every god damned player he could find.  

Unfortunately, most of the fan base has now apparently come to believe this style of narrow minded game play (aka all of GTAO = a PvP version of CoD) is the norm.  And if this is how you always play when you log on---especially when you factor in all the hacking/cheating/grinding to get the GTA$ to support the armor/weapons & med bills to play like this---then game is bound to become stale fast.   I'm amazed it took you this long to realize how dumbed down the GTAO gaming environment truly is OP.  :lol:

And if this is the only concept ppl have when the come online in GTAO, then they really need to be playing CoD ghosts IMO. Because that game was designed exclusively for K/D leveling.

• Zee, Lord Pleb and LoonySpangles like this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:00 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 19 May 2014 - 01:03 PM.

This is why I made a topic earlier about heists being make or break. And everyone replied they were looking more forward to high life, now those same dummys started crying and said high life is disappointing. If heists are crap the game is done.

This is the thing. Heists was the big selling point of the game and it's something that has been requested since the Online portion went "live". Even now you see Heists being asked about on Rockstar's twitter and facebook pages as well as the newsfeed. If Heists don't deliver then this game will eventually die off.

What Rockstar need to do is release a mission creator for the Content Creator. That would see Online last for years.

• NegSpec13, sweetbrother and goodmoneyinc like this

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

The main problem is that thanks to the DNS hacks and glitches everybody has everything, and nothing left to work for. I only get to play for a few hours a week due to this thing you have to do called work and real life. So I am only level 76, I have 2.5 Mil in the bank (Yes I brought a cash card to get the stuff from the valentines DLC as I was given MS points for xmas). I brought my apartment with the stimulus money from R* and I only have 9 cars, and I am still very happy, my partner recently bought another xbox so that we can play online together. So now we can do things online with just the two of us, as it is very difficult to get online fully as we have a very bad net connection.  

• tom_p1980 likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Lel, ive been bored with it after the first week of its release.

Its simply boring and repetitive, you have nothing to do. And since it suffers under console syndroms its even worse.

Ive logged in yesterday again and wow nothing has changed :D
  • tom_p1980 and Awesom-0 like this

Alarming
  • Alarming

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

All games will get boring and people will stop playing. Maybe your just reached that point OP.
I am still having a ton of fun and another real life friend has just started playing again. So now I got two real life friends and makes the game so much better.

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

You talk about being “bored” as though boredom is out of your control.

• Cmdr_Shepherd likes this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Inless they add random events like single player for freeroam, or find a way to add wildlife Online, or add the blimp and large jets, the game will get more dull with nothing but supercars being added each update. Heists are probably a waste of time now seeing as most people already have a lot of money (not me included, little over 1 mil).

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

im far from bored but i would love more freeroam releated activities...

having something do to in freeroam may divert my attention from killing people all the time.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

The game will actually improve dramatically about 2 weeks after hiests are released as that is when a good 30 to 50% of the current players will realise that hiests change nothing and they are still bored and quit the game to go play the next installment of whatever CoD game they enjoy since spawn/shoot/kill/die/repeat is so much less boring.

Once that happens GTAO will go through a bit of rebirth in my opinion. Then we who actually "get" this game will be able to settle in for the long road ahead.
  • Alarming and LoonySpangles like this

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

BleH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

Because the game has been out for like  8 or 9 months.  There is really nothing left to do. R* has done a very poor job on keeping the game fresh and No a few cars every other month is not working. Content creator got boring after a week because there are not enough options and the majority of things ppl make are lame re-skins or R* created or verified garbage.

Just like a lot of other ppl, crews and friends are pretty much the only thing keeping this going for  me. But this game is just getting old. There is no other way of spinning it. When things get old they die out. This game is no different.

• EarthboundMysfit and OG_CHuckLeR like this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Not enough content anymore, in the Online trailer they actually made us believe that there would be new things to do frequently.. and that's not true.

We're doing the same missions over and over again, purchasing cars that give us at least an extra hour of content just to test them out, same with the new weapons.

This game IS boring, nothing you can do except gather up friends and think of things to do together, just like what Roosterteeth is currently doing with the game, pretty sure if they didn't have those ideas, they would have 

stopped recording footage of that game months ago until Heists would finally show up.

• tom_p1980 and Awesom-0 like this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Well i sure theres one thing you haven't done OP and thats get ALL of the awards. Thats been pretty much what i have been doing and im now at 45 and got 44 to go.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

The fact that you can't find anything to do despite all the land, all the weapons, all the vehicles, all the jobs, and all the other players says a lot more about you than it does the game...

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Not bored, not even close

every time I log on it's a new session, different time of the day, different weather, different players, which character do I use and from there my session develops itself taking me on a fun ride lol.......

<<<< Bit drunk, sorry

i have so many different types of car, i have bicycles, i have air transport, i also use parachuting missions to travel long distance as a time saving exercise.

I do gang attacks to freshen up my shooting skills (free aim of course), i chase down low level griefers, twankers ET AL.

And finally, I really enjoy missions with randoms. Some of the cock ups I see normally have me fits of laughter because I see it all as fun (even when sober lol)

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

Take a break from it?

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Cuz everyone played the sh1t out of it

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Just had an other thought OP. If you're bored there's meant to be a great place called "outside" where you can meet things called " people". I know it sounds crazy, a poster on an other forum told me about it. At first I thought I was being trolled and it was a made up place like Westeros or Genosha, but if you google it you'll see that it actually exists and there's all sorts of cool pictures of it. Haven't plucked up the courage to try going there myself, but if you're feeling brave give it a go and let us know how you get on?

You sure get off on being arrogant, don't you?

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by BloodRed87, 19 May 2014 - 05:21 PM.

It's because R* aren't delivering fresh content to keep the game interesting, and no I'm not talking about new cars, jobs, clothes, weapons and sh*tty low lvl contact missions.

The player-base is also at fault here. Most of our "lovely" community are either 10 year old children or 30 year old autistic neckbeards who want to do nothing but wander around free-roam and just shoot people on sight, get in their tanks and blow up other player's personal vehicles, grind Coveted and RR all day every day or money/RP glitch the game into oblivion.

If I got to play races, deathmatches and captures with a full lobby every time I would not be bored but that's just a pipe dream at this point.

• tom_p1980 likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

^ IMHO, that's the most endearing thing about GTAO. Some cum guzzler shooting on sight or tank fapping. They keep the game interesting and allow me to grief them into oblivion without any remorse whatsoever.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

I ended up getting bored back before March.... the last time I played the game was March 22nd, but I was plenty bored well before that.

killedbyachick
  • killedbyachick

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by killedbyachick, 19 May 2014 - 05:47 PM.

If it's boring u either u need to move on to a different game, get a crew/better crew, try things u haven't done.

Alternatively ask a forum why gta is boring, even though everyone in their heart of hearts tha they don't care if you think it's boring haha

In all honesty a game where there are random people to buzz off shouldn't be boring u in less than a year. I understand if u were talking about singleplayer. But if u think online is boring u should look into a good crew.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Not for me, I'm still finding some form of entertainment in the team deatchmatches and partly contact missions, although the lack of from R*s recent update hasn't helped.

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

Crews dont help much. My crew is a bunch of people I've played games with since 2000. The earliest members were a counterstrike and team fortress clan. Over the years weve moved through various games from ffxi to eve online. Some of them play wow I don't. Had clans in battlefield and future soldier and other games.
And even had paintball matches out there in the real world. My crew is a real solid group of friends.

The problem in gta though is there is nothing for crews to do. Its the same problem for individual players. Theres no progression in the game at all. Its just a circle of grind cash buy car mod car and repeat. But it really doesnt matter what car you drive or anything. There is no progression.

Of my crew none of them play regularly anynore and it doesnt matter we're not falling behind a crew that plays every day. If they release heists and we havent played for 6 months we can still jump straight in game and get straight into heists just as fast as a crew that plays everyday. Because the game just doesnt go anywhere.

Nothing my crew does today will affect what my crew can do tomorrow. The game never changes or moves forward.

If you like a game where you can jumo in and mess about without having to worry about anything then gta is pretty good I guess. But if you like your games to go somewhere and develop then online sucks
  • tom_p1980, PkUnzipper and BloodRed87 like this

JON22
  • JON22

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Personally I can't wait for hackers to figure out how to spawn a whole lobby into one location like GTA 4, like the army base or that crazy nude camp, or set everyone on fire at once, or spawn us all under the sea, or line up a load of restricted vehicles at the airport for anyone to use. Should liven things up.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Stop glitching and you will have fun.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

Personally I can't wait for hackers to figure out how to spawn a whole lobby into one location like GTA 4, like the army base or that crazy nude camp, or set everyone on fire at once, or spawn us all under the sea, or line up a load of restricted vehicles at the airport for anyone to use. Should liven things up.

Sounds like SA-MP

JON22
  • JON22

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Stop glitching and you will have fun.

I never glitch. Just remembering how hackers spawned me into the prison yard on GTA 4, then spawned everyone else in who then tried to run me over. Saw some motorised 4-poster beds once lol. I just wish vehicles like the blimp was available online then you could parachute onto one being piloted and have some fisticuffs for the hell of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users