Why is GTA Boring now?

88 replies to this topic
goodmoneyinc
  • goodmoneyinc

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

I'm pretty sure someone already touched up on this before, but beyond the thrill of playing for the first time what do GTA online need in order for us to keep coming back.

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Puttin' on an iron shirt.....

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

I'm still not bored and love playing every chance I get.
If you're bored other pastimes are available bro.
Have you read the Lewis trilogy by Peter May? It's very bleak, but a great read.
  • Staten, TheIllaDopest, Tabula Rasa and 2 others like this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

I'm not bored of it yet but I wouldn't say no to some more new missions.
  • GranSnake likes this

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

I'm pretty sure someone already touched up on this before, but beyond the thrill of playing for the first time what do GTA online need in order for us to keep coming back.

I was online last night, none of my friends were online.

It was the first time since I started playing back in November I thought, ''what can i do now?''

• The Rangler likes this

pharo86
  • pharo86

Crackhead

• Members

Add more contact missions. I know they added some in the high life update but they are bad and payout is terrible. I think if they ever add a mission creator the game would never get boring as it pretty much gives us unlimited content.

• jtattersalluk likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

Making sh*tty threads about how gta online is boring is normally always a good start.
  • GranSnake, Staten, ZeusMowat_278 and 10 others like this

Conker64
  • Conker64

super-mecha-death-christ

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

I'm still not bored and love playing every chance I get.
If you're bored other pastimes are available bro.
Have you read the Lewis trilogy by Peter May? It's very bleak, but a great read.

• Sunnycyde likes this

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

Join an active crew, should give your game a couple more hours.

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

Because people don't wanna grind, and there isn't quite enough reward for your time dedicated.

Its understandable I guess. I'm cool with the game though, I don't spend stupid amounts of time grinding, I just play and have fin. I understand there isn't too much significant reward, so why prioritise the game over other things in life...
  • goodmoneyinc and Sunnycyde like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

I play Online, drive around for a bit, maybe do a race, then either try and meet random people,or kill someone who just killed me, then I'm bored. I feel it's because freeroam is too structured compared to GTA 4. On 4, weapons are readily available scattered everywhere and seems more chaotic, less structured and more fun. You have to grind Online to get the good stuff, so it gets boring. I have more fun honking my horn at someone on 4 seeing if they want to race about, or kill me.
  • The Rangler likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Just had an other thought OP. If you're bored there's meant to be a great place called "outside" where you can meet things called " people". I know it sounds crazy, a poster on an other forum told me about it. At first I thought I was being trolled and it was a made up place like Westeros or Genosha, but if you google it you'll see that it actually exists and there's all sorts of cool pictures of it. Haven't plucked up the courage to try going there myself, but if you're feeling brave give it a go and let us know how you get on?
  • meatrocket8, mkjah22, JoeyDeacan and 5 others like this

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:56 AM Edited by uptownrockstar, 19 May 2014 - 09:57 AM.

More group activities in Freeroam..

If we could have gang hangouts that could be robbed

Personal businesses that can be robbed

Allow players to sell small amounts of drugs to npcs, and large amounts to pvp

Basketball couldn't hurt

Basically more stuff to do pvp in Freeroam
  • tom_p1980, DBrasco and Sunnycyde like this

LoyalRockstarFanboy
  • LoyalRockstarFanboy

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

They need to remove radar dots. And they need to make the graphics worse so theres less lag.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

Game is only boring if you don't have any imagination. ;)
  • NYC PATROL, We Are Ninja, Sangers and 1 other like this

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

It's boring because nothing you do matters or has any purpose. Thus it feels like your never going anywhere in the game.

Sure I can buy a new car in highlife but what can I do with that car I couldnt do in my sentinel or sultan. The answer is nothing.

Its the same with jobs. Do the jobs I do today help me tomorrow. And again the answer is no. There's very little purpose to gta online and for me that's why it's boring.

Even with heists. Is anything I do in the game at the minute having any effect on ny ability to do heists if and when they ever get released. Or the same with any other content.

There isn't anything in the game I can't get in 10 minutes of thinking I want one of those. And with everything being that quick and instantaneous theres really no sense of reward or satisfaction from obtaining it.

So I'm bored because nothing I the game has any purpise or matters. It's just a circle of grind cash buy car mod car. Grind cash buy car mod car. And round and round. And it really doesnt matter what car you drive other than 2 door or 4door depending.

For me gtao needd purpose and progression. Where the thigs I do today are inpacted by what I did yesterday. And the things I do tomorrow will be determined by what I do today.

I havent played in about 2 months but im no further behind or ahead of anyone who plays every single day. To me that shows how the game never really goes anywhere. Cos eve though I haven't played in 2 months im still atnthe same point everyone else is at.

Sorry if thats long. Thought I would try and say why I fobdnit boring rather than just say yes it is
  • PkUnzipper and goodmoneyinc like this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Get friends.
  • Sunnycyde likes this

DougRusty
  • DougRusty

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

1. You glitched your money
2. You have no imagination and require everything to be spoon fed
3. You need a job as playing gta 5 24/7 left u burnt out
4. You need to RACE. Strive to get better each day. Time trials, try to one on one 50 people and not lose one race.
  • PkUnzipper, Alarming and Sunnycyde like this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

It's boring because nothing you do matters or has any purpose. Thus it feels like your never going anywhere in the game.

Sure I can buy a new car in highlife but what can I do with that car I couldnt do in my sentinel or sultan. The answer is nothing.

Its the same with jobs. Do the jobs I do today help me tomorrow. And again the answer is no. There's very little purpose to gta online and for me that's why it's boring.

Even with heists. Is anything I do in the game at the minute having any effect on ny ability to do heists if and when they ever get released. Or the same with any other content.

There isn't anything in the game I can't get in 10 minutes of thinking I want one of those. And with everything being that quick and instantaneous theres really no sense of reward or satisfaction from obtaining it.

So I'm bored because nothing I the game has any purpise or matters. It's just a circle of grind cash buy car mod car. Grind cash buy car mod car. And round and round. And it really doesnt matter what car you drive other than 2 door or 4door depending.

For me gtao needd purpose and progression. Where the thigs I do today are inpacted by what I did yesterday. And the things I do tomorrow will be determined by what I do today.

I havent played in about 2 months but im no further behind or ahead of anyone who plays every single day. To me that shows how the game never really goes anywhere. Cos eve though I haven't played in 2 months im still atnthe same point everyone else is at.

Sorry if thats long. Thought I would try and say why I fobdnit boring rather than just say yes it is

Makes sense. That's one reason I don't get RP grinders. You're in a hurry to get nowhere. R* really needs to make more free roam activities and you kinda have to make your own fun. It's much better with some friends too.
  • Sangers likes this

joejuggernaut
  • joejuggernaut

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Troll thread is bad mmkay.

blue1
  • blue1

ŻŻŻŻŻ

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

It's boring because R* puts no effort in it any more. Their best people are apparently working on the next-gen title release in Q1 2015.

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

It's boring because R* puts no effort in it any more. Their best people are apparently working on the next-gen title release in Q1 2015.

You mean heists, and just to clarify, heists are coming out on Q3 2016,not Q1 2015.

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

*hists.
  • frankenstein107 likes this

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

There's only two things you need on this game, friends and an imagination. I'm never bored.

• meatrocket8, We Are Ninja, Sunnycyde and 1 other like this

vrsick
  • vrsick

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

Theres no goal. Rockstar should have put some story in the game. Since most people cheated their way to all the money they would ever need in the first few weeks, whats the point in doing missions? Especially missions that are just one off's. There should have been epic online storyline missions that open up every 20 levels that advance a plot of some sort.

• goodmoneyinc likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

It does not matter how many new toys, clothes or missions they add to the game, people will play them and then get bored shortly after. No developer has the resources to basically livestream new content into an online world which is what would need to happen to keep the "need new missions"crowd entertained.

I know that there are a ton of people out there that dont want to see this game turn into the sims and frankly I am in that crowd. However, the only way to prop this title up in such a way that it will stop feeling boring is to bolster the social inate aspects of the gameplay. Currently the only way one player can interact with another is to kill them. Things like sharing cash, trading inventory, offering buffs etc are all interactions that promote connection rather than seperation. Crew hideouts, public safezones, active freeroam activities that dont require you to leave to participate in promote teamwork rather than lone wolf.

The bottom line is without a proper social aspect being added to GTA it will eventually get boring for us all.
  • tjor24, The Rangler and goodmoneyinc like this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

It does not matter how many new toys, clothes or missions they add to the game, people will play them and then get bored shortly after. No developer has the resources to basically livestream new content into an online world which is what would need to happen to keep the "need new missions"crowd entertained.

Which is why we have the content creator. At this point I should probably offer up an obligatory "inb4 someone says it is because Rocktsar is lazy".

As for the rest of your post, yes, I wholeheartedly agree. We do need more social aspects to the gameplay, especially true in so far as crews are concerned.

• Sunnycyde likes this

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

I play Online, drive around for a bit, maybe do a race, then either try and meet random people,or kill someone who just killed me, then I'm bored. I feel it's because freeroam is too structured compared to GTA 4. On 4, weapons are readily available scattered everywhere and seems more chaotic, less structured and more fun. You have to grind Online to get the good stuff, so it gets boring. I have more fun honking my horn at someone on 4 seeing if they want to race about, or kill me.

Not sure what happens beyond level 120 anyway.

You got all the weapon achievements, now its just buying and modding cars, having a few races and playing 5 hours of golf?

Roll on heists, the last adventure of GTA V, most probably...

• tom_p1980 and NegSpec13 like this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Some more crew related social features would definitely spice it up. Challenges are not enough.

Sunnycyde
  • Sunnycyde

Certified Plastic

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

If gta online is boring for u then your playing with the wrong people. Simple as that.
  • goodmoneyinc and DougRusty like this

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

This is why I made a topic earlier about heists being make or break. And everyone replied they were looking more forward to high life, now those same dummys started crying and said high life is disappointing. If heists are crap the game is done.

• tom_p1980 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users