Cut Songs?

7 replies to this topic
goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

Morrissey Worshiper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

I didn't know about this before, but Cream - "White Room" and Michael Jackson - "Leave Me Alone" were meant to be in this game. The Cream song was cut from the PS2 version, the one I have, and as for the other one, I didn't know about that before. Is there any other cut song from San Andreas? Actually, are there any cut song(s) from the GTA 3 Era (GTA 3, Vice City, Vice City Stories, etc.)? I always see topics on cut songs from the HD Universe (GTA IV, V, EFLC), so this thread should be a counterpart of it in some way...

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:16 AM Edited by Tony., 22 May 2014 - 05:16 AM.

I'd be interested in finding out about cut songs from the III era games as well. The only one I know of is "Wash Him Off," which only appeared for 10 seconds in a Lips 106 ad in GTA III but the full song itself was removed.

There was also a Lionel Richie song that appeared on the PS2 version of Vice City that was removed from later versions of the game, and the same happened before with "O Mio Babbino Caro" in III. How did you find out about those two songs that were meant to be in San Andreas? Someone should look through the files of the previous games sometime to see about cut songs, since I'm curious now. I wonder if some would list songs in the same way as they do now though, considering III, VC, and the stories games all have the radio stations playing on a loop as a single audio file probably. It might be possible with SA though, considering that was the first to randomize songs and DJ dialogue.

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

Morrissey Worshiper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

@Tony The Michael Jackson song was RUMOURED to appear in the game initially. As for the Cream song, it later appeared in Xbox and PC versions as it replaced "Woman to Woman" by Joe Cocker.

Tony.
  • Tony.

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

Interesting, since I have the Xbox version and "Woman to Woman" is still on there, and "White Room" isn't. Though that doesn't make it a cut song, as it was added in later as a replacement for another (unless maybe it was another consideration for a song on the station during development that they went back on).

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

As for the Cream song, it later appeared in Xbox and PC versions as it replaced "Woman to Woman" by Joe Cocker.

Not true.

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

Morrissey Worshiper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys I was trying to find a couple of more cut songs and I stumbled onto this Death Row Records article that mentioned "Let Me Ride", "Gin & Juice", and "Nuthin' But a G Thang" will be in the game. The latter made it into the final game while "Gin & Juice" was put in GTA V. I think Dr. Dre's "Let Me Ride" is a cut song from the game. I also saw that Flash FM was meant to be in the game from an early preview. Any thoughts? BTW there are specific and certain versions where "White Room" is included. Found out about that in some old threads.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Why have they removed "O Mio Babbino Caro" ? -_-'

Tony.
  • Tony.

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

Why have they removed "O Mio Babbino Caro" ? -_-'

It seems to have been removed because of some kind of copyright or licensing problem. I think this song actually still caused issues 10 years later because the PSN release of GTA III for the 10th anniversary was delayed due to a licensing issue with a certain track (which was never named, but I'm quite sure it was the one we're on about), and the PSN version is basically a download of the original PS2 release that still contained the song. I guess that was the one track they still couldn't get clearance or whatever to use, except for a remix they put on iTunes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users