TheTobacco Topic

204 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

@GunWrath, I think it's some type of liquid in those e-cigs that are turned into vapour upon inhaling. Not sure. All I know is that they don't work. Wasted $30 on one in the hope of saving money and it didn't do anything for my cravings. Just felt like breathing in a bit of steam.

On/off-topic, what are the tobbacco taxes like in the US? I end up spending $45 Australian a week on 50 gram pouches of Port Royal at the moment. f*cking ridiculous, right on top of the fact that a 12% tax is
going to be slapped on every year until 2018

Start making black market connections, as the tax increases it will increase.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

I normally smoke Amberleaf rolling tobacco. Straights can be nice too though, I generally go for L&B or Benson and Hedges Gold. 

Prices here are ridiculous, a 50g of rolling baccy hovers around £20. I remember in Sicily me and my friend were smoking so many Marlboro Reds, at something like 5 Euros for a pack of 20 it was too good not to.

• Mister Pink likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Do not click the red button

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

34abae1cc0409ed87b6df918df3c991b.jpg

• ED-E likes this

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

I normally smoke Amberleaf rolling tobacco. Straights can be nice too though, I generally go for L&B or Benson and Hedges Gold. 

Prices here are ridiculous, a 50g of rolling baccy hovers around £20. I remember in Sicily me and my friend were smoking so many Marlboro Reds, at something like 5 Euros for a pack of 20 it was too good not to.

Ouch, 50g here is about 5€ tops, and packs come with 30cigs for about 4€.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

Yeah man, tobacco prices are ridiculous here, a pack of 20 straights could easily be around £10.

Wow, that's cheaper than anywhere I've been to, where is that?

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Uni is a Portugoose. Cheapest I've ever seen is in SE Asia though, there's significant margins between brands but you can get packs for less than a quid.
I switched exclusively to rollies years ago when a 20 pack went past £6. I've got a connection to get 50g pouches for half price, which can last me about two weeks. Why people still buy tailors when rollies cost half as much and taste better I'll never understand.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

Nice, I'm going traveling round SE Asia soon, I'll be smoking too much.

Sometimes I can get cheap pouches but most of the time round here it's some crappy Eastern European stuff in a GV pouch.

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:05 AM

Is there a such thing as flavored tobacco? Like shisha, but dry?._____.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

Yes

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:06 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 13 November 2014 - 03:06 PM.

Yeah man, tobacco prices are ridiculous here, a pack of 20 straights could easily be around £10.

Wow, that's cheaper than anywhere I've been to, where is that?

Ho lee fuk, i pay $40usd for a carton (which is 10 packs of 20 straights)

Bandalamente
  • Bandalamente

About to press reset

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Don't know about the rest of the world but a few months ago in the UK they started selling tobacco pouches in 10g packs, instead of 12.5g. 

Price was promotional to start and seemed like a good deal but now at its current price I am pretty sure its priced the same as before!

Also keep an eye on straight packs too because it looks like a 20 box but they are only putting 19 in! 

Devious motherfunkers. 

It just seemed like the right time, after 12 years of chuffing I put down the smokes and am now officially addicted to nicotine lozenges. Lungs feel much better, still a moody fecker though. 

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:34 PM Edited by Majestic81, 13 November 2014 - 04:34 PM.

I feel like im the only one who likes Lucky Strikes lol, everyone i know in RL seems to despise them. some dont even accept a cig from me cause of the taste. i think Marlboro is on top. but its too f*cking pricey, Lucky Strikes comes next for me. after that i think Winston Red is alright too. my only problem with LS is that it has too much tar.

@Xavierr of course there is. plenty of flavors too, i like to buy them from time to time. Macbeth is a good brand. pretty cheap and tastes good.

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

I don't mind Luck Strike, I buy them once in a while, but I prefer Camel.

Bandalamente
  • Bandalamente

About to press reset

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

I call Camels 'Cowboy Killers' - well the strong ones anyway.

Must've got that from somewhere.... hmmmm?

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:14 AM

I call Camels 'Cowboy Killers' - well the strong ones anyway.

Must've got that from somewhere.... hmmmm?

Cowboy killers are actually a quite popular name for Marlboro Reds.

• uNi likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by trip, 4 weeks ago.

They implemented a new tax here pushing a pack of cigarettes to around $7.80...holy f*ck, that is almost 8 bucks a pack!  So all in all a pack of cigarettes went up about $7 from what they cost when I first started smoking.

I can not stress making your own cigarettes enough.  Even with some of the new Fed taxes they enacted to dick over the people who were saving money by making their own it still boils down to maybe $2 a pack when you make your own.

I don't smoke anymore, but my wife still does...and I still make her cigarettes.  Her smokes are cowboy killers.  The filter is just enough foam to keep in the tobacco and the tobacco is all natural untreated stuff.

Scary thing - Last night I had a dream that I smoked a cigarette.  It was delicious.

Yesterday afternoon I got a serious craving for an old fashioned clove cigarette and was very tempted to seek one(or a pack) out.  Kinda glad I didn't.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

They implemented a new tax here pushing a pack of cigarettes to around $7.80...holy f*ck, that is almost 8 bucks a pack!  So all in all a pack of cigarettes went up about $7 from what they cost when I first started smoking.

Damn, Blacks are like $4.17 in Kentucky. Thank you tobacco lobby. 

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In Arkansas a pack of Camel wides is like 5.30

reiniat
  • reiniat

Religion is like drugs, it destroys the thinking mind

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by reiniat, 4 weeks ago.

This thread is for people to come talk about anything that has to do with tobacco. Be it dip or cigarettes or chew. This is a pro tobacco thread. Any negative or anti tobacco posts will be reported and deleted. Without further or do, let the talk begin.

Gotta love OP, "thou shalt not have a negative opinion in this thread". It may seem dickish but geez the internet is full of politically correct assholes that demand the dead of tobacco.

My point of view is, let tobacco be legal and widely accepted as it always has been, so theres no health related reasons for keeping dope illegal.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

That's because it's not a debate topic dude. There's a section of the forum set aside for that.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago

I almost exclusively smoke American Spirits. Usually the regular blue or the menthols. I get them for around $6.50 a pack most places.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by hornedturtle, 4 weeks ago.

$22-$23 for jps red 40 pack :/

In australia this is.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I needs me some orange flavored tobacco.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Broadcasting live from my mom's basement.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In Arkansas a pack of Camel wides is like 5.30

Depending on how north you live, it can be better to make a trip to Missouri for cigarettes. Missouri has extremely low taxes on tobacco(lowest in the nation I believe).

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Xl anthrax lX, 4 weeks ago.

Yea Im in northwest arkansas so my friends go to the line quite often

This thread is for people to come talk about anything that has to do with tobacco. Be it dip or cigarettes or chew. This is a pro tobacco thread. Any negative or anti tobacco posts will be reported and deleted. Without further or do, let the talk begin.

Gotta love OP, "thou shalt not have a negative opinion in this thread". It may seem dickish but geez the internet is full of politically correct assholes that demand the dead of tobacco.
My point of view is, let tobacco be legal and widely accepted as it always has been, so theres no health related reasons for keeping dope illegal.

See I agree about dope. But the beauty of a thread is that if you dont like what it says you can leave. I think if someone despises tobacco so much that they feel the need to say negative things in a thread that is obviously pro tobacco then they can certainly make a separate thread about the dangers of tobacco. But complaining that the pro tobacco thread asks that you don't say a bunch of anti tobacco things on it is like complaining that a thread about Darwinism asks that you don't post about how you think that Darwinists will go to hell and that the bible is right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users