TheTobacco Topic

204 replies to this topic
Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

Yea Hank and his dad are my two favorite singers. They can play their songs without taking the whole studio to the show. All they need is a guitar and a mic.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:24 AM Edited by gta_aus, 19 May 2014 - 11:26 AM.

Can you's spit into a metal bucket and make that cool sound like in those cowboy movies or is that a myth?
I've always wanted to try chewing tobacco so bad, it's illegal here...

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Interesting, I didn't know people still chew tobacco in the US. I thought that was a thing of the past. Never seen anyone doing it in Europe.

LeftyGuns
  • LeftyGuns

A Gentleman Before A Bastard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

@gta I know people who have the old spitoons. But they are disgusting.

@Doc dipping is definitely a Southern thing. Its mostly for convenience. You don't have to go outside to have a dip the way you would a cigarette, and a lot of people who are doing something like, wade fishing in a bay don't have the luxury of having free hands.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Yea when it comes to chew I'm redman all the way

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

@Doc dipping is definitely a Southern thing. Its mostly for convenience. You don't have to go outside to have a dip the way you would a cigarette, and a lot of people who are doing something like, wade fishing in a bay don't have the luxury of having free hands.

Is there a huge difference between dipping and chewing or do they go together?

Tried to search a bit about the subject but I'm not convinced I got it. :)

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:11 PM Edited by Xl anthrax lX, 19 May 2014 - 03:11 PM.

Is there a huge difference between dipping and chewing or do they go together?
Tried to search a bit about the subject but I'm not convinced I got it. :)
Dipping is ground tobacco that you put a pinch in your lower lip between your lip and your gums. Chew is like tobacco leaves that come in a pouch and you just chew on em.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Whats your favorite cigarette?

I started off liking camel crush menthol when I first started two years ago. Eventually I moved onto Newport's but they were pretty expensive so I switched to Pall Mall Menthol and sometimes I switch between that and Marlboro Smooth Menthol 100's depending if I'm feeling the will to spend extra money or not.

And thanks for clearing that up above me^. I didn't really think of the differences between dip and chew. I've only had dip in that case. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

No problem. I hope everybody learns something new about dip/chew/cigs here including myself. Yea when it comes to menthol I prefer Newports or Marlboro smooth menthols. Really lately I've been smoking Marlboro Southern Cuts and Camel Turkish Royals. My buddy had some Kamel Reds I tried and those were not bad.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

I will always associate 'Dip' with Whiskey Tango's. Don't blame me but that's the only people we ever see doing it.

European here... so yeah.

• theadmiral likes this

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

I will always associate 'Dip' with Whiskey Tango's. Don't blame me but that's the only people we ever see doing it.

European here... so yeah.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. "Whiskey Tangos" AKA White Trash are not the only people who dip. There are a ton of different kinds of people who do. Do you have any inquiries or good things to say about dip?

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

Lol I had Southern Cuts once when I was going to a concert and I ended up getting them signed by the guitarist of the band, which at the time was my favorite guitarist (the band is called This Town Needs Guns). :ph34r: :ph34r:

LeftyGuns
  • LeftyGuns

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

I think the only cool dip story I have is, I was at a concert seeing a band called Turnpike Troubadours. I was up front row, and the lead singer asked if anyone had any Copenhagen. I was down to my last pinch and pitched my can up on stage. He grabbed it, packed it, and said, "Man, this is the last pinch, you cool with that?" I told him it was all good, and mid song he took some koozies from their merch guy and handed me like 4 of them, one of which the band had signed.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

@Diablo lol. Do you dip?

nope.

tobacco does nothing for me and chew seems like a disgusting habit.

since we're on the topic though, you guys ever tried these chew alternatives?

http://www.getgrinds.com

they're pretty popular in the MLB right now since the commissioner raised the fine for being caught with dip on the playing field. they're really trying to phase it out of the game since the onset of HD cameras; people at home can see every glistening inch of spit that comes out of a guys mouth :lol: so they're trying to move everyone over to bubble gum or these dip alternatives.

LeftyGuns
  • LeftyGuns

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by LeftyGuns, 19 May 2014 - 08:26 PM.

I don't know how this hasn't been posted yet.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:44 PM Edited by Xl anthrax lX, 20 May 2014 - 02:50 AM.

@Diablo I wouldn't try that even if I was in MLB and would get fined for dip. That seems like some p*ssy sh*t to be putting in your lip.

@Lefty I love that song man its awesome.

@Trinette That's awesome. On my bucket list is to have one can of dip and one pack of cigarettes autographed by someone I'm a fan of.

Props to Voodoo for giving us that title change. Please feel free now to post about any tobacco product you please and of course in a positive manner. :) :^:

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff [2014]

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

OK folks, this is now the tobacco topic. Smoke 'em, chew 'em, snort 'em or whatever.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:55 AM

Thanks Voodoo we appreciate it. Any who lets spice things up a bit. How bout we post our top 5-10 list of dip, cigarettes, or chews. Or any combination or all 3. I'll post my top 5 for cigarettes.

(1 being best 5 being least best but still really good.)

1. Camel Turkish Royal

2. Marlboro Southern Cut

3. Kamel Reds

4. Winston Lights

5. Marlboro Blacks

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. "Whiskey Tangos" AKA White Trash are not the only people who dip. There are a ton of different kinds of people who do. Do you have any inquiries or good things to say about dip?

Just a minute here. I dip nightly and i'm total white trash, lets not get this confused.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

Just a minute here. I dip nightly and i'm total white trash, lets not get this confused.

I'm not saying that white trash people don't dip. I'm saying they are not the only ones who dip.

Plank.
  • Plank.

master trole 2015

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

Since we're "The Tobacco Topic" now, I can say my favorite cigarettes are Camel Crush. I don't smoke much, though. Maybe a cigarette at the end of each day just to calm my nerves.

Unfortunately, it seems smoking is becoming outlawed in more and more public places. In my state, you can't smoke in a car with children under 14, in any commercial place, or on most college campuses. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes completely outlawed in public one day.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

Ain't that the truth brother. They took smoking rooms away in restaurants years ago and they never did anyone no harm. I'll tell you what though I don't give a damn about the laws they make I'm gonna smoke my smokes and dip my dip. Gotta fight the oppression and what not. I might have to try those camel crush. People have been saying good things about them.

• Plank. likes this

LeftyGuns
  • LeftyGuns

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Thanks Voodoo we appreciate it. Any who lets spice things up a bit. How bout we post our top 5-10 list of dip, cigarettes, or chews. Or any combination or all 3. I'll post my top 5 for cigarettes.

(1 being best 5 being least best but still really good.)

1. Camel Turkish Royal

2. Marlboro Southern Cut

3. Kamel Reds

4. Winston Lights

5. Marlboro Blacks

Top 5 smokes.

1. Assos (which I finally got to try)

2. Embassy Regals

3. Dunhill International

4. Camel Turkish Silvers

5. Marlboro Lights (They're an old standby)

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:27 AM

I do enjoy marlboro lights occasionally. I'm for sure going to pick up some turkish silvers and those embassy regals sound interesting.

@Yolo I didn't know you were from Arkansas. You in Northwest Arkansas? I'm in a town called Springdale.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

Camel is by far the best cigarette imo. Ive been smoking for the last 14 years. Started out with Marlboro red, and menthol. Then a couple years later i tried a camel 99 filter. Havent bought a different brand since. Marlboro just seems too harsh on my throat, and if i smoke too much Marlboros in a day, ill end up getting sick.

Now i smoke the camel crush bold cause i love the fact that you can choose regular or menthol. Also nice when someone wants to bum a cig, cause they'll have a choice.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:53 AM

Yea Marlboros can be harsh that's for sure but blacks are not too harsh and neither are lights of course. My favorite cig of all time is camel turkish royals. They are by far the most smooth and easy going cig I have had.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:58 AM

My uncle dips and he is the exact opposite of white trash. He owns his own insurance company and sent all 4 of his kids to elite private prep schools. And wears golf polos everywhere too. He's the very definition of affluent white collar and he dips like mad.
  • Xl anthrax lX likes this

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:00 AM Edited by Xl anthrax lX, 20 May 2014 - 04:00 AM.

See you got dippers in every walk of life. Smokers to. There's a lot of stereotype that surrounds the tobacco community. Because of the negative thoughts on tobacco its self those stereotypes are more easily accepted and pushed upon people that use tobacco.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:52 AM Edited by Doc Rikowski, 20 May 2014 - 07:53 AM.

When I was a smoker I used to smoke Chesterfield.

For a couple of years I smoked Benson & Hedges. Tough ones.

While in Spain, for 2 years, I smoked Fortuna.

In Portugal I smoked for a couple of years SG Ventil (very bad lol).

But overall Chesterfield are the ones I smoked most of my smoker life.

Never liked Marlboro too much.

Always hated all types of Light cigarettes.

Chesterfield Light and Marlboro Light are awful.

Camel are not bad. Galouises are good too.

JPS and Dunhill also not bad.

Worst, Italian MS. :D

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff [2014]

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by Voodoo, 20 May 2014 - 01:18 PM.

My uncle dips and he is the exact opposite of white trash. He owns his own insurance company and sent all 4 of his kids to elite private prep schools. And wears golf polos everywhere too. He's the very definition of affluent white collar and he dips like mad.

Money doesn't equal class, gtamann123.

I went through all of the various chewing tobacco types as a kid and then used snus in my cars for a while to keep them from smelling like ash trays. When I did smoke, it was Marlboro Reds for years and eventually Camel 99's because the FSC paper made Marbs taste like ass. I eventually switched to vapor in 2012 and never looked back.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users