» «
Photo

[SPOILERS] SP DLC Story Idea

46 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by Official General, 19 May 2014 - 01:43 PM.

To honest OP, I think all of those Heat, Reservoir Dogs, and other Tarantino influences from the 1990s are kinda played out, and unoriginal ideas, GTA needs fresher, newer influences and ideas that are more original. And definitely not more of that FIB/IAA/Merryweather crap or anything similar to it. 

If Rockstar is gonna use any cinematic or media influences for any kind of substantial story DLC, they should draw from stuff that is more symbolic of more modern and realistic real-life LA crime - movies like End Of Watch, Training Day, Street Kings, or TV shows like The Shield and Southland. 

I'd much rather Rockstar used very little to no outside influences to make an original, interesting, and enjoyable story DLC that is centered around modern-day LA-based drug cartels, gangs and organized crime. 

So you want GTA to use original ideas, but want them to continue with the drug and gang trade and organized crime, something they've done basically every game?

I was referring to original ideas for a script/story or certain gameplay aspects, not the main theme of the game.

I'm sorry bro, you cannot convince me otherwise - I'd rather the same organized crime, gang and drug trade stuff over that federal agent and government bullsh*t in GTA any day. 

So it's always a great thing to dramatically change something and do something else simply because it's not been done before ? Going by your logic, why don't Rockstar turn GTA into something like the later Saints Row games then ? SR 3 and 4 had things never seen in the previous SR games like mini-spaceships,  UFOs, guitar weapons with magic energy bolts, the gangstas become president of the USA, and all that stupid sh*t. Once you go away from the main GTA formula of realism-based gangs and organized crime, anything goes and the game can feel less and less like GTA once all kinds of far-fetched nonsense comes into play. But then again, someone with very weak tastes like you would probably say it's a good thing - you have a long history on here endorsing all that stupid zombie sh*t in GTA.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

I literally asked you a question because I was confused with what you were trying to say. That's it. I wasn't trying to convince you about anything.

How did you get that idea?

And lol @ your edit.

What logic am I using? I asked a question. Where did you get that logic from? I mean, jesus dude, you're literally pulling things out of nothing.

And you continue with the insults. How sad :rol:

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

I literally asked you a question because I was confused with what you were trying to say. That's it. I wasn't trying to convince you about anything.

How did you get that idea?

And lol @ your edit.

What logic am I using? I asked a question. Where did you get that logic from? I mean, jesus dude, you're literally pulling things out of nothing.

And you continue with the insults. How sad :rol:

Ok may bad about the first part. I thought you were trying to challenge and attack my opinions as usual. If you did not, then I take back what i said and apologize.

As for the second part, I was not trying to be insulting. I just had a feeling you would probably say all that kind off stuff is great for GTA. But if I got it wrong, again my bad.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

No problem. Thanks for apologizing. I can see how you could take my post how you did though. It's one of those things that could be taken multiple ways.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

Hey

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

If it would happen, I would nerdgasm. 

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

i need info on dlc

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

My third cousin Martin Scorsese, the director of Goodfellas, would be a cool director for this upcoming DLC.

WOW.....Really? That's your cousin? :panic:

Yes, he's my dad's second cousin, therefore I guess that makes Martin my third cousin.

Sorry for a dork moment here, but I'm pretty sure it's second cousin once removed, due to him being in your dad's generation. That is really cool though. Goodfellas is one of the greatest films of all time.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Sorry for a dork moment here, but I'm pretty sure it's second cousin once removed, due to him being in your dad's generation. That is really cool though. Goodfellas is one of the greatest films of all time.

I'm thinking he's my third (my dad's second) cousin because Martin is my dad's dad's cousin, or my dad's mom's cousin (something like that). If that's not what third cousin means, then I guess he's not, but I do believe that's how I'm related.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

Green rock like I said. Don't believe or believe me. These are my very well researched predictions, if I have any inside knowledge I'm not going to ruin it for your sake. I do, however, live in nyc. I've said my piece on DLC.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

Green rock like I said. Don't believe or believe me. These are my very well researched predictions, if I have any inside knowledge I'm not going to ruin it for your sake. I do, however, live in nyc. I've said my piece on DLC.

so you either have inside knowledge or not

waingro, it seems like your suggesting that this dlc is more franklin centric as he asks michael and trevor to come to liberty with him to help him out

am i on track

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

sorry waingro, im just extremely excited for the dlc that any info i hop on..... 

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

A Real Human Bean

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Is there anbybody else that wants a Heat-styled bank robbery in the DLC? I can see the mission take place in Downtown LS, where Michael, Franklin, and Trevor have to rob the Schlongberg Sachs Center for Don Percival in order to pay for the damages that they have done to his company. I would also like to see the last mission involve Michael being hunted by Dave Norton, who is forced to arrest/kill him after being pressured by the FIB, at LSX where both men must face off each other under the darkness of night, in a final homage to Heat. From there on, the player has the option to turn Michael in, try to escape via plane to Ireland, or confront Dave. Oh, if the DLC involves Franklin going to Liberty City and Lamar replacing him in Los Santos trying to re-claim Grove St., then it would explain his absence by the time Michael has to deal with Dave, and as for Trevor, he would have to deal with Madrazo after he finds out Trevor's relationship with his wife, so each playable character would be significantly occupied and won't share the same ending, instead having their own, unique end.

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

I really want a gang dlc. I think it's really strange they put a gangmember in the game but totally not develop this aspect. No drive by's or anything

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

bump

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

As a Tarantino fan, it's safe to say Tarantino's best days are well behind him.

Inglorious Basterds

Ew, see now I thought that movie was horribly predictable and uninspired. Brad Pitt was better World War Z and that movie sucked too. What a CGI fest.

Sorry, carry on with the actual discussion now.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Is there anbybody else that wants a Heat-styled bank robbery in the DLC? I can see the mission take place in Downtown LS, where Michael, Franklin, and Trevor have to rob the Schlongberg Sachs Center for Don Percival in order to pay for the damages that they have done to his company. I would also like to see the last mission involve Michael being hunted by Dave Norton, who is forced to arrest/kill him after being pressured by the FIB, at LSX where both men must face off each other under the darkness of night, in a final homage to Heat. From there on, the player has the option to turn Michael in, try to escape via plane to Ireland, or confront Dave. Oh, if the DLC involves Franklin going to Liberty City and Lamar replacing him in Los Santos trying to re-claim Grove St., then it would explain his absence by the time Michael has to deal with Dave, and as for Trevor, he would have to deal with Madrazo after he finds out Trevor's relationship with his wife, so each playable character would be significantly occupied and won't share the same ending, instead having their own, unique end.

This was actually a heist that became  cut content in the original SP mode due to similarity with Three Leaf Clover from IV. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

There was no cut heatlike heist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users