SP DLC Story Ideas

126 replies to this topic
goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

Keeper of the GTA V next-gen soundtrack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

I just watched Heat, L.A. Takedown (the "original Heat"), Drive, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Collateral recently, and I was thinking myself if Rockstar would have Michael Mann, Nicolas Winding Refn, or Quentin Tarantino involved in the upcoming single player story DLC then it would be an extremely good story. Just picture in your head the expletive-filled pop culture references/dialogue from Tarantino, the stylized, intense action of Mann, and the violent, yet visually beautiful cutscenes of Refn, all rolled up into a unique story that continues the adventures of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. Oh course, this really wouldn't happen, but if it did, then I would get really f**cking excited. What do you think? Is there a director you'd like to see involved in the single player story? Would this make you feel/doubtful about the quality of the story?

• Bi0ha2ard_q8 and spudkiller95 like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

You have the right to shut the f*ck up!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Did someone change the title of the thread? Was there something wrong with the old one?

It was misleading, so a staff member changed it.

You shouldn't double post either. You could just edit your previous post. :)

I don't have any favourite movie Directors, but I would prefer it if R* themselves wrote the story of their DLCs (Houser brothers).

• Andreas likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

My third cousin Martin Scorsese, the director of Goodfellas, would be a cool director for this upcoming DLC.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:54 PM Edited by Bonnano, 18 May 2014 - 08:57 PM.

Now that they FIB and the IAA f*cked off, I believe the SP DLC story will be a tad more decent now.

I want something along the lines of Collateral for Franklin since he owns the cab depot.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by Zello, 18 May 2014 - 09:15 PM.

Love collateral if ending A were different I would like it with Michael and Trevor kinda like this except Michael acts like Max and Trevor acts like Vincent could work well with Franklin and Michael as well in ending B

For DLC though I would like it to be a prequel maybe about M and T in North Yankton or if not maybe using Packie and Taliana Martinez how Packie ended up in LS and Taliana's job that went wrong when you find her then using her in the heists this of course would mess up a lot of peoples choices because of Packie it could reveal a lot of IV's choices were cannon or not pissing a lot of people off and whether not you used Taliana on heists.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Now that they FIB and the IAA f*cked off, I believe the SP DLC story will be a tad more decent now.

They still have to fight the postal service now. God help us all.

• Bonnano and ssbawesome like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Official General, 18 May 2014 - 11:38 PM.

To honest OP, I think all of those Heat, Reservoir Dogs, and other Tarantino influences from the 1990s are kinda played out, and unoriginal ideas, GTA needs fresher, newer influences and ideas that are more original. And definitely not more of that FIB/IAA/Merryweather crap or anything similar to it. 

If Rockstar is gonna use any cinematic or media influences for any kind of substantial story DLC, they should draw from stuff that is more symbolic of more modern and realistic real-life LA crime - movies like End Of Watch, Training Day, Street Kings, or TV shows like The Shield and Southland. 

I'd much rather Rockstar used very little to no outside influences to make an original, interesting, and enjoyable story DLC that is centered around modern-day LA-based drug cartels, gangs and organized crime. 

• fac316, Bi0ha2ard_q8 and EM_JAY_86 like this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

As a Tarantino fan, it's safe to say Tarantino's best days are well behind him.
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8, Cakelover21 and bootswitdafur like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

As a Tarantino fan, it's safe to say Tarantino's best days are well behind him.

I don't know about that - Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained are works of pure excellence, classic, legendary stuff. Tarantino definitely got back to his best with those two, that I will say.

As far as GTA is concerned though, nah GTA don't need to draw from his critically-acclaimed old-school, 90s violent crime movies. That's sh*t is played out now.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

The major DLC will involve both Los Santos and Liberty City. Franklins cousin from his live invader page lives there and various troubles are hinted at, this will lead to several more heists with our favorite trio of criminals. A voice actor/rapper confirmed he'd be back with Franklins actor "back in gta's New York"

By doing this Rockstar can also shut down its GTA IV online servers, and offer a revamped Liberty City for GTA: Online in Q4. Don't believe, believe me, I don't care.
  • CanOdope likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

The major DLC will involve both Los Santos and Liberty City. Franklins cousin from his live invader page lives there and various troubles are hinted at, this will lead to several more heists with our favorite trio of criminals. A voice actor/rapper confirmed he'd be back with Franklins actor "back in gta's New York"

By doing this Rockstar can also shut down its GTA IV online servers, and offer a revamped Liberty City for GTA: Online in Q4. Don't believe, believe me, I don't care.

I somehow just don't think so bro, as exciting as that sounds. 

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

interesting...this takes place after c ending,

does Franklin ask Michael and Trevor to come down with him and help him out

Niko apperance?

Waingro
  • Waingro

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

There will be a fake Occupy Wallstreet camp in the DLC. No niko.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

do you have inside information or something? 

how many missions will there be in the dlc?

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

do you have inside information or something? 

how many missions will there be in the dlc?

I hope this guy doen't pull off an NG Clan (if you know what i mean)

• universetwisters, JRC99, Startug and 1 other like this

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Will the Carraways (the Hamptons, mentioned in IV, EFLC, and V), some version of Staten Island, Alderney and the rest of Liberty State be featured in the DLC?

Waingro
  • Waingro

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:58 AM Edited by Waingro, 19 May 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Will the Carraways (the Hamptons, mentioned in IV, EFLC, and V), some version of Staten Island, Alderney and the rest of Liberty State be featured in the DLC?
Rockstar made it clear they would not make SI as they had Jersey, so no. I'm talking migrating GTA IV map to GTA V platform/world. Nothing new in map beyond improved graphics and some location tweaks.

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:18 AM Edited by goblinthegnome, 19 May 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Rockstar made it clear they would not make SI as they had Jersey, so no. I'm talking migrating GTA IV map to GTA V platform/world. Nothing new in map beyond improved graphics and some location tweaks.

How can we ACTUALLY trust you? I want to believe in what you're saying, like seriously, you had me at "a fake Occupy Wall St. camp", but you might as well prove to us that it's all real via source, casting call, licensing, or something credible.

EDIT: I think this rumour should be its own topic/thread

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

How can we ACTUALLY trust you? I want to believe in what you're saying, like seriously, you had me at "a fake Occupy Wall St. camp", but you might as well prove to us that it's all real via source, casting call, licensing, or something credible.

EDIT: I think this rumour should be its own topic/thread

waingro, please are you being 100 percent legit with all of this, where did you get this ifno

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

Somebody please change the title of this post to SP Story DLC Ideas/Rumour. Still new-ish, so I idk how to do it

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

Somebody please change the title of this post to SP Story DLC Ideas/Rumour. Still new-ish, so I idk how to do it

you think waingro is telling the truth

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

I don't know man, but it just sounds really "true" but yet, not really "credible"

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

the assassin dlc was said to be released last month for free but that never came to be so perhaps rockstar had a change of mind and are going all out with the storymode dlc big hype for a gangster dlc and at the end of year for halloween we get da aliens invading ooowooowoowooowouchmybutt

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:54 AM

the assassin dlc was said to be released last month

Rockstar never promised to deliver the assassinations and flight school missions last month, all they did was announce it was on its way in the future, and I believe this was announced with the Business Update.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

it would have been nice if after confirming assassin missions they released em' but now we're getting closer to end of the year most are going to be expecting something really substantial, not assassin and atrocious flight school missions.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

To honest OP, I think all of those Heat, Reservoir Dogs, and other Tarantino influences from the 1990s are kinda played out, and unoriginal ideas, GTA needs fresher, newer influences and ideas that are more original. And definitely not more of that FIB/IAA/Merryweather crap or anything similar to it. 

If Rockstar is gonna use any cinematic or media influences for any kind of substantial story DLC, they should draw from stuff that is more symbolic of more modern and realistic real-life LA crime - movies like End Of Watch, Training Day, Street Kings, or TV shows like The Shield and Southland. 

I'd much rather Rockstar used very little to no outside influences to make an original, interesting, and enjoyable story DLC that is centered around modern-day LA-based drug cartels, gangs and organized crime. 

So you want GTA to use original ideas, but want them to continue with the drug and gang trade and organized crime, something they've done basically every game?

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:48 AM Edited by Bonnano, 19 May 2014 - 03:48 AM.

I don't know man, but it just sounds really "true" but yet, not really "credible"

My suggestion is: be pessimistic as f*ck. You won't get disappointed either if it's fake or true.

• Official General and Bi0ha2ard_q8 like this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

My third cousin Martin Scorsese, the director of Goodfellas, would be a cool director for this upcoming DLC.

WOW.....Really? That's your cousin? :panic:

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

Aren't those cop shows and movies?

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

WOW.....Really? That's your cousin? :panic:

Yes, he's my dad's second cousin, therefore I guess that makes Martin my third cousin.

• goblinthegnome likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users