Photo

Proper vehicle materials

5 replies to this topic
Bone34
  • Bone34

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:45 AM Edited by Bone34, 18 May 2014 - 08:54 AM.

Hi ive got a question about vehicle materials (in 3ds Max). Im using Kam's tools and my problem is, that when i apply a GTA material with the recommended "sa vehicle default" or any other settings to for example a spoiler, the part looks much lighter and somewhat more cartoon-ish than any GTA SA car's paint. Any way to fix that ? I gues it has something to do with grunge, but im not sure so im asking.

Example picture:

pic.png

And also how i can make it reflectable, because in MTA when i use car paint shader cars are reflected but the spoiler isnt..

Mark01
  • Mark01

It's nice to be nice but I wouldn't lie to be nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Simply enable reflection in the material and add an image as for the lighting even though I'm not sure I'd say it could be diffuse/ambient color but if it isn't there's other ways to fix it like applying vertex color or darkening the spoiler texture if there is one.

Bone34
  • Bone34

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Simply enable reflection in the material and add an image as for the lighting even though I'm not sure I'd say it could be diffuse/ambient color but if it isn't there's other ways to fix it like applying vertex color or darkening the spoiler texture if there is one.

It uses the default reflection section which is included in SA vehicle default settings in Kam's GTA materials script. It doesnt use any texture, it even cant, because the part has no TXD file so i will probably need an more IN-DEPTH answer from a experienced Max user.

Heres picture of the SA vehicle default settings:

mat.png

BTW i havent ever found a tutorial of setting the materials of car in 3ds Max, thats why im asking right there.

JohnnyK
  • JohnnyK

San Andreas Rewind Vehicle Artist

• Feroci
  • Italy
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

I see that the body has got reflections so try to remake that material and then edit the colour or whatever you want.

_F_
  • _F_

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Vehicle 2014 [GTAV Vehicles converted to San Andreas]

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

Kams script are bad for exporting vehicles, it doesn't export the reflections. I use this script, it works perfectly

http://gtaforums.com...3ds-max-plugin/

Bone34
  • Bone34

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

Kams script are bad for exporting vehicles, it doesn't export the reflections. I use this script, it works perfectly

http://gtaforums.com...3ds-max-plugin/

Thanks, i will definitely try out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users