Quantcast

» «
Photo

MP content used to be in SP...not anymore?

16 replies to this topic
MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

What i loved so far about all the GTAO updates, was that most of the content was also available in singleplayer. So the vehicles an weapons were all available in singleplayer too. Not sure about clothing and hairstyles didn't seem to be in. I really liked this and was surprised about it. I remember i discovered the broken bottle and was like...huh...wasn't this a GTAO weapon?

So now with the latest DLC i decided to check the two ingame car websites for the new cars and motorbike, only to find out that they are not there. But the Bullpup rifle IS in there. So i decided to go into GTAO and check if the card were on the websites and when i did so i was like ''wtf!!!'' the amount of cars you can choose on the two sites in GTAO is just crazy, it puts what is on offer in singleplayer on those sites to shame. Why? I'd love to have all these cars available for Michael, Trevor and Franklink, what a damn shame. But ok whatever....i guess not. But why did they remove the vehicles that used to be available from the GTAO in singleplayer?

Dark Bordeus
  • Dark Bordeus

The biggest scumbag in the world

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

I thought this too. I haven't even turned made an online character yet (got the game 2 weeks ago, doing SP) but I want everything accessible in MP to available in SP. It only makes sense.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 17 May 2014 - 10:46 PM.

They're in SP. They're just given to you. Go to your garage, and a pop-up will appear, telling you about your special cars.

Dark Bordeus: Wouldn't it also make sense that MP has everything SP has?

• lizardman563, Staten, BLOOD-MOND and 1 other like this

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

Oooooh shiiiit i totally forgot that. The new vehicles are not found on the site but they are already in the garage. Thanks. But still, the website is full of vehicles of online, are all those vehicles in the singleplayer as well and it's just a matter of seeing them randomly on the streets being used by pedestrians or does GTAO indeed have much more cars in general?

By the way...the clothing and hair styles are not for singleplayer, are they? Basically the weapons and vehicles and that's it, correct?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

They're in SP. They're just given to you. Go to your garage, and a pop-up will appear, telling you about your special cars.

Dark Bordeus: Wouldn't it also make sense that MP has everything SP has?

That would be nice, but not necessary. People point this out all the time, but I think it's very different because GTAO has a lot of features that add to the MP gameplay. Those same features would add to the SP gameplay. It's just basic stuff that would work in both modes. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

Only the weapons and vehicles are for SP.

I dunno about cars in GTA: O, but I do know that they have less pedestrians. Not what you were asking at all, I know :p

That would be nice, but not necessary. People point this out all the time, but I think it's very different because GTAO has a lot of features that add to the MP gameplay. Those same features would add to the SP gameplay. It's just basic stuff that would work in both modes. 

And I think a story that's not just countless missions, animals, and property buying (Without the f*cking annoyance) would work well in MP.

I know both modes have things that would work will each other. If one mode should get what the other has, then it should be vice versa. It shouldn't be one-sided.

That's all I'm trying to say.

• ViceCityStalker likes this

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

There is some stuff in GTAO that would have made the SP even better. I would have loved to purchase some houses or how about some activities like the gangs? I would not mind that in SP at all. The SP has more heart to it IMO...for example the characters itself, they talk when not doing anything in particular, you can greet/insult folks, it's little stuff but i love it. GTAO.....it's just not my thing so far. Really hope they bring us some great SP content eventually.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

There is some stuff in GTAO that would have made the SP even better. I would have loved to purchase some houses or how about some activities like the gangs? I would not mind that in SP at all. The SP has more heart to it IMO...for example the characters itself, they talk when not doing anything in particular, you can greet/insult folks, it's little stuff but i love it. GTAO.....it's just not my thing so far. Really hope they bring us some great SP content eventually.

It's supposedly in the works.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

Wouldn't it also make sense that MP has everything SP has?

I say no way, and no matter what Rockstar does, MP can't have everything SP has. Examples include talking protagonists (since the online character's mouth only moves when you talk into a mic), purchasable properties that give you a weekly income, random events and cheat codes.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

Wouldn't it also make sense that MP has everything SP has?

I say no way, and no matter what Rockstar does, MP can't have everything SP has. Examples include talking protagonists (since the online character's mouth only moves when you talk into a mic), purchasable properties that give you a weekly income, random events and cheat codes.

I know not everything, just like SP can't have the 500 missions or the content creator.

But basic things, like animals and properties.

Why won't properties be able to work? You just tweak them a bit, add some not-terrible missions around them, and voila!

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 17 May 2014 - 11:14 PM.

Only the weapons and vehicles are for SP.

I dunno about cars in GTA: O, but I do know that they have less pedestrians. Not what you were asking at all, I know :p

And I think a story that's not just countless missions, animals, and property buying (Without the f*cking annoyance) would work well in MP.

I know both modes have things that would work will each other. If one mode should get what the other has, then it should be vice versa. It shouldn't be one-sided.

That's all I'm trying to say.

I definitely agree, but I think people get upset because MP has simple features that would work in SP. I'm guessing there are legitimate reasons stuff got left out of MP, like animals and story elements. The interaction menu was something that had people scratching their heads when they realized it wasn't in SP, especially after playing RDR. Now finally R* added it in, and I think most things should work the same way. 

But like I said, I definitely agree both modes should be almost the same and hopefully that's the direction R* is taking it. I disagree about the content creator though. Why wouldn't it work for SP?

• TheMasterfocker likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 17 May 2014 - 11:22 PM.

What're you gonna create in SP? Not very much, especially since you're alone. It is SP after all. No TDM, no DM, etc.

It'd be a very basic content creator, one that would get boring after a while because it's only you. No one else. No friends, no family, nothing.

It could be included, it just doesn't really fit.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:49 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 May 2014 - 11:50 PM.

Tbh i kind of Hate the Interaction Menu in GTA5 (it should have stayed in GTAO) now it makes the More Grounded-In-Realism SP feel a bit wacky :/ hope they take it out plus it makes the Camera Modes button (back/select) feel kind of weird even though that GTA-first gameplay fundamentals for 13 yrs...but i guess that my opinion.

OT:The new cars have always been Stored in each Protags' Garages and never have they been on the in-game car websites unlike GTAO (but there are many other cars to buy from the in-game car websites in SP ;)).

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

^ It should and definitely will be improved, but some type of inventory is all I really care about. And that's just pockets or a bag or something, if you want to look at it in a more grounded-in-realism way. You should be able to carry certain things on you.

@TheMasterfocker

I'm talking about the type of content creator that still allows you to submit your creations online for verification, so R* can fix any problems, add things to make it better, and other players can use it. Not just something basic to play around with by yourself. Imagine if R* could figure out a way to allow players to create their own heists. There are some extremely creative people out there, and it would be nice if R* gave them the tools to do what they do best, in SP as well. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

Yes, that would be cool. Would be a lot of work to get it set up, and that's even if it'll work (Code is weird).

If it could happen, I would love it.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

I like the interaction menu. Sometimes it is very handy to just a waypoint somewhere while i am driving. I don't have to go into the map screen and all that. Not that it's a big hassle, but this menu is cool. I wish we could select our clothing too, that be awesome.

Anyway i have to give Rockstar kudos. Kudos for thus far releasing all those updates with new vehicles, many awesome ones at that too, weapons and clothing and more, all for free. I know plenty of developers/publishers who would charge you for every f*cking thing. They'd make a nice 'pack' out of them, like...''Supersports Car Pack'' and charge you a few dollars for it. Not at all so far. So when the SP content comes and Rockstar DOES charge us for it...i'd happily spend some cash on that.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

I think that it is an absolute joke that Online is constantly getting existing cars to be able to be purchased from the ingame Internet yet the car websites in singleplayer have not been updated even once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users