Moving from Alta to Tinsel

25 replies to this topic
MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

I currently live in the alta street apt 51 but I'm thinking about moving to the new tinsel towers apt. I just wanted to get some advice on wether it's worth upgrading or not? It's just that I saw the new interiors and quite liked them.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Yes.

ltcmy4F.jpg

3opiSoD.jpg

sk7bNrW.jpg

q77wLhW.jpg

• ZeusMowat_278, BamaGoodfella, Supheris and 1 other like this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Sweet JP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Yes.

-snip-

Is the area around Tinsel as calm as Alta generally is? I've been thinking of moving as well.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

I had the most expensive one there before the new one came in and ruined it all, I loved apt. 29 best view in the game in my opinion.
  • Sunnycyde likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Yes.

-snip-

Is the area around Tinsel as calm as Alta generally is? I've been thinking of moving as well.

I don't play in public lobbies so I wouldn't know :lol:

uwotm8?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Yes.

-snip-

With the notorious Burton LSC nearby, I wouldn't say the area is calm. It's no sh*tfest like Eclipse, but it's not calm either.

• ZeroSafe5615 and Sunnycyde like this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Sweet JP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:50 PM Edited by ZeroSafe5615, 17 May 2014 - 07:51 PM.

Ah, thanks Biohazard. I'll go hang around the area in a few public lobbies and find out.  :whistle:

EDIT: thanks to you as well 2281.

Stealie
  • Stealie

Fear & Loathing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

I bought the new Apt. there and sold it already. The animation when leaving the garage hangs for too long for my taste. It made me feel exposed. The view was very interesting, I could actually watch things happening right outside the window.

• Jobbo likes this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Your moving to ground zero, if your looking for more PVP action you'll find it there.

The LSC around the corner is unusable so you'll have to drive a little farther to modify cars.

Supheris
  • Supheris

Digital Ronin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Tinsel has the best views for sure of the new apartments, however it is in a dangerous locale if you play in public lobbies. I got it so I could watch the chaos of public lobbies from my windows.

trynee
  • trynee

Boss Moves

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

Yes.

-snip-

It not really calm at all, imo. Encounter tanks patrolling and sticky trolls quite a bit

Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

I don't know why everyone seems to think that the LSC in the heart of the city is 'unusable'. Maybe nearer the launch of Online, but people are moving on now and it's a lot calmer. I live in Eclipse towers and it's surprisingly calm. On occasion you get the odd troll, but that happens with most houses unless you are completely out of the way.

• DUNPHY likes this

BigBrother67
  • BigBrother67

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

Unfortunately, It's too close to the Eclipse for comfort.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

I'm living in Tinsel right now and so far have had no problems with trolls spilling over from LSC or Eclipse.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

I just moved back to Eclipse ($500k) and it is surprisingly empty (freeroam). I like the view of the hills better than Tinsel IMO. It's more relaxing. Tinsel is just kinda generic city sh*t you see everyday in the game. 

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

When do people look at the views from their appartment?
Maybe it's cause I'm not on GTAO as much as others, but I honestly can't even remember the last time even in my mine , nevermind standing looking out the window.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

Tinsel Towers Master Race.

It's a good location, 2 AmmuNations near by & Burton LSC. Not very calm but it's a good location unlike the battle zone at Eclipse.

RiccardoPatrese
  • RiccardoPatrese

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:29 AM Edited by RiccardoPatrese, 18 May 2014 - 08:29 AM.

I've tried them all and Alta is for me still the best location in the game, I bought a second apartment further down the street on Integrity Way.
  • Jobbo likes this

Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

I lived there and still live there with my second character. I can't recommend it, you're located between the two major battlefields in San Andreas: Eclipse and Rockford LSC. And garage gate and front door are too exposed.

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

I've tried them all and Alta is for me still the best location in the game, I bought a second apartment further down the street on Integrity Way.

Both my characters have retained their original preferred Alta St apartments too.  And I wasted a fair bit of cash trying out second properties:

- Del Perro (cheapest way to get the new interior) - bit too far from Alta St when swapping cars and LSC for modding, but more importantly I missed the fact that you can often dive into Alta St's garage while being chased by the cops; the entrance is too open at Del Perro.  And my Sandking was damaged whenever it went out.

- Integrity Way (close to Alta for swapping, new interior, various different LSCs within easy reach) - the tortuous route into the garage was a bit annoying but spawning on the road outside was the killer; you're facing the wrong way to get to Alta St and the Burton LSC.

- 10 car garage at the airport - cheap to buy, handy for a quiet LSC but no massive benefits unless you want to be near the airport itself.

- 10 car garage at Murrietta Heights - this is what I settled on for both characters.  Straight line from Alta St to swap cars, very handy for the East LSC, easy to get onto the freeway to head up to Blaine County, and I've been cycling to the shops in Mirror Park to do pedal-powered shotgun raids :D

Alta is still best, of course.  Almost tempting to get my characters each the other Alta St apartment...  Shame there's no new interior there.

• RiccardoPatrese and Lay like this

UltimateAntic
  • UltimateAntic

PSN: "Okannetje"

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

I upgraded from Alta to Tinsel as well and so far I haven't encountered any trolls there. It really is a shame that alta doesn't have a new appartment as well.

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Well last night I decided to do some research on this. I kept changing session and went to tinsel in each session. I went through 10 sessions and only 2 of them had players within 2 blocks of tinsel. Although eclipse was probably about the same. Seems eclipse may have calmed down a little as well. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

I would say so. I was in the Eclipse Towers but moved to Tinsel Towers for the view alone and it was definetly worth it.

ScratchWasAlreadyThere
  • ScratchWasAlreadyThere

Right??!!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

I've lived in Tinsel apt 44 for about three months. It's rather quiet. People camping outside is nothing unusual though. Happens alot.

Overall it's a nice place. I moved from Tinsel to Del perro  though. 

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:30 AM Edited by Lay, 18 May 2014 - 11:31 AM.

I'm glad there's no new interiors in Alta. Don't want people messing up the neighbourhood.

I moved from Alta to Tinsel and then back to Alta, Tinsel is nice I never had any campers outside because people forget that there is an apartment there. However there are many wars outside.

• Jobbo likes this

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

I live in Alta and Integrity Way! It feels like I live on the same street! I'm also looking to move from Alta but I will miss my garage ramp.. I really wish Eclipse grievers never spilled over into Weasel Plaza, I miss that place!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users