Photo

Bad Sport is the worst idea ever

106 replies to this topic
GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:33 AM Edited by GR Choke, 17 January 2015 - 08:34 AM.

<----Blow up about 20+ PVS in a single session and you will get in BS

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

I feel like there are worse ideas, like the only non DLC fan that doesn't have a livery being a two seater.

zoso80
  • zoso80

Burned out on GTA:O

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:09 AM Edited by zoso80, 17 January 2015 - 11:17 AM.

I am always amazed some think it is still 2009 and this is GTA IV online and that GTA is just free roam anarchy. They argue that this game "should" be played a certain way.  Well, you missed the memo. R* changed the online gameplay with GTA V.

Freemode GTA online isn't spawn killing anarchy anymore. R* with the creation of the online economic system wanted a mechanism to segregate people who still play like it is 2009. Whether you like it or not, one of those mechanisms is people that roam the map with bloodlust and blow up cars and kill people in passive excessively. 

A way to look at this is that the bad sport system with its segregation of more incessently violent and  bloodthirsty types, it provides more opportunities for players to play in different styles. I am sure one of R*'s reasonings is that this move encouraged more game sales. People can play the game their way with the k/d manics having a bit of clamp put down on them. After all take away the GTA name and this is a giant sandbox game that is what you make of it.

There is no bizarreness to it. R* needed some mechanisms that are "no, no's" and get you on the fast track to BS. If you don't heed them, it is on you. R* or no one else hides the fact that you blow up a ton of personal cars there will be consequences.

I find BS a good method for plucking out those who should've stayed playing GTA IV multiplayer. These style of player obviously either are so stuck in their gameplay ways or are just plainly foolish - they need to be with players of the kin style. Also, there are game modes just for killing. It's doubly foolish to not use them.

GTA freeroam isn't constant spawnkilling and blowing people up anymore. Anyone who says otherwise is still living in 2009 or refuses the obvious.

RE: defending yourself and still getting BS points. Sure, that sucks. R* hasn't changed that and people have been griping about it for a long while. As I say many times, adjust your tactics. It is obvious this is one side effect that R* deems tolerable of the BS system. Griping about won't change it. It's up to you to find ways around blowing up the attackers car.

Another thing I find bizarre, is being called a Bad Sport for blowing up someone's car. I mean, you pay for it anyway, and it seems to make no difference that they were trying to kill you with their car. I don't get it.

• ten-a-penny likes this

timmyturner
  • timmyturner

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

I come. I f*ck sh*t up. I leave.

• LongDickJohnson likes this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Burned out on GTA:O

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

Sure, there is a game for that. It is called GTA IV online

It's 2015, GTA V is what is. Adapt to it or play something else.

People saying what GTA "is" or "isn't" are humorous.  GTA is what R* says it is.

/story

Bad Sport and Mental State are things that don't belong in a GTA game honestly

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

heist runner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

Dont worry about such warnings...if you dont do anything wrong youre safe
bad sport is the best idea ever...but how it works now its full with flaws

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

You have to be a real f*ck-up to find your way in there...just be glad they still let you play the game

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

This is why reporting people for griefing should be removed. If you can't fight back go into passive mode, join a quick job or join a new session.

Going into passive mode does SFA for some people.
You become more of a target that way because they know you will struggle to fight back.
Only sh*t players kill people in passive mode.

I have been killed a number of times when I am in passive mode because I want to do something that does not involve killing everything around me.

Then join a new session, is it necessary to report someone?

Never said I report people did I. Why should I have to find a new session every time some clown wants to kill me over and over for no reason.

I'm all for a shootout with people when I am in the mood, but If someone leaves the area and clearly doesn't want to fight, I will not follow them and hunt them down to kill them over and over.

ji.Ruichi
  • ji.Ruichi

<3 Me Like You Do

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:42 AM Edited by ji.Ruichi, 18 January 2015 - 09:42 AM.

They think they're a big bad @ss by killing people randomly and blowing up PVs for no reason. But when they get thrown into BS, they cry. lmao. We're all human after all.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

GTA freeroam isn't constant spawnkilling and blowing people up anymore. Anyone who says otherwise is still living in 2009 or refuses the obvious.

You must be playing a different game, or your only in lobbies with friends and crew.

Free Roam has been a battlefield since launch....

It's harder to avoid now in 30 person lobbies and with 3 apartments available you'll probably end up with one in the middle of the fray!

I don't do a lot of pvp but I like knowing that LS is a war zone and when you go outside you have to be prepared.

If I want to mod cars, shop etc... I do invite only or Free Aim

Carbinax
  • Carbinax

Bubble Wrap King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

you may think you're good , in your own head , but just how many people , who are just minding their own business, have you managed to piss off ??

You may try to justify it , and rationalise it from your own perspective, but the truth is, many will just view your activities as a huge annoyance. 

• Halal Cyborg likes this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

you may think you're good , in your own head , but just how many people , who are just minding their own business, have you managed to piss off ??
You may try to justify it , and rationalise it from your own perspective, but the truth is, many will just view your activities as a huge annoyance. 

so much truth

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face and remind me why I do these things.

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:06 PM Edited by sudon't, 19 January 2015 - 07:06 PM.

I come from a third world country where the fastest internet is 4mbps and an average ping of 300-500

The US is not considered a third-world country! Oh wait, there are other countries with slow "high-speed" internet? 

-Hit a ped by accident? Warning about your stat.
-Rob a store and have the police after you? Warning about your stat.
-Kill someone who is after you for no reason? Warning about your stat.

Right, it seems to me that killing NPCs shouldn't affect Mental State. What if you have a person who only attacks NPCs, and leaves other players alone? A hypothetical situation, to be sure, but you see what I mean. This player will appear to be a threat to other players, when in fact, they're not.

I would like to ask the people who say that killing other players is not what you're supposed to do in Freemode - what do you think we're all supposed to be doing, instead?

I understand the annoyance of dealing with jerks when you're trying to do something else but, it is what it is, as they say. There's two approaches as I see it. Either open an Invite Only session, so you can accomplish what you want to do, or fight fire with fire. It's unfortunate, but as IRL, there are dumbasses and jerks, (and kids).

ClifTheLawyer
  • ClifTheLawyer

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

I am always amazed some think it is still 2009 and this is GTA IV online and that GTA is just free roam anarchy. They argue that this game "should" be played a certain way.  Well, you missed the memo. R* changed the online gameplay with GTA V.

Freemode GTA online isn't spawn killing anarchy anymore. R* with the creation of the online economic system wanted a mechanism to segregate people who still play like it is 2009. Whether you like it or not, one of those mechanisms is people that roam the map with bloodlust and blow up cars and kill people in passive excessively. 

A way to look at this is that the bad sport system with its segregation of more incessently violent and  bloodthirsty types, it provides more opportunities for players to play in different styles. I am sure one of R*'s reasonings is that this move encouraged more game sales. People can play the game their way with the k/d manics having a bit of clamp put down on them. After all take away the GTA name and this is a giant sandbox game that is what you make of it.

There is no bizarreness to it. R* needed some mechanisms that are "no, no's" and get you on the fast track to BS. If you don't heed them, it is on you. R* or no one else hides the fact that you blow up a ton of personal cars there will be consequences.

I find BS a good method for plucking out those who should've stayed playing GTA IV multiplayer. These style of player obviously either are so stuck in their gameplay ways or are just plainly foolish - they need to be with players of the kin style. Also, there are game modes just for killing. It's doubly foolish to not use them.

RE: defending yourself and still getting BS points. Sure, that sucks. R* hasn't changed that and people have been griping about it for a long while. As I say many times, adjust your tactics. It is obvious this is one side effect that R* deems tolerable of the BS system. Griping about won't change it. It's up to you to find ways around blowing up the attackers car.

Another thing I find bizarre, is being called a Bad Sport for blowing up someone's car. I mean, you pay for it anyway, and it seems to make no difference that they were trying to kill you with their car. I don't get it.

How did Rockstar change the way the game was "supposed" to be played?

I'm not sure I follow your logic. You are suggesting this game isn't about murder and mayhem, and yet, if I kill you, it says, "ClifTheLawyer killed zoso80." But there is nothing the says, "zoso80 just changed his outfit and now looks really cool," or "zoso80 just added sweet rims to his car," or "zoso80 just drove his car really fast."

When I puill up the menu in freeroam and look at your name, what do I see? Do I see your the fastest you've ever driven in a car? Do I see how many fancy outfits you own? Nope. I see your k/d ratio. 

This game is premised on violence. Single player, Online, all of it. If you think it's about anything else, you're delusional.

• Mottershead likes this

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

I'm not sure I follow your logic. You are suggesting this game isn't about murder and mayhem, and yet, if I kill you, it says, "ClifTheLawyer killed zoso80." But there is nothing the says, "zoso80 just changed his outfit and now looks really cool," or "zoso80 just added sweet rims to his car," or "zoso80 just drove his car really fast."

When I puill up the menu in freeroam and look at your name, what do I see? Do I see your the fastest you've ever driven in a car? Do I see how many fancy outfits you own? Nope. I see your k/d ratio. 

This game is premised on violence. Single player, Online, all of it. If you think it's about anything else, you're delusional.

Right. Not only that, but when you are killed, R* sends you a taunt, along the lines of: "zoso80 smeared you" If that's not an invitation to revenge, IDK what is. I can't figure out what else you would be doing in Freemode. I'd like to hear how zoso80 thinks the game ought to be played, rather than how it shouldn't be played.

How do you know? Have you seen the rules? If you know where the rules are published, please link to them. I'd very much like to have a look at that.

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

heist runner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

Right. Not only that, but when you are killed, R* sends you a taunt, along the lines of: "zoso80 smeared you" If that's not an invitation to revenge, IDK what is. I can't figure out what else you would be doing in Freemode. I'd like to hear how zoso80 thinks the game ought to be played, rather than how it shouldn't be played.

How do you know? Have you seen the rules? If you know where the rules are published, please link to them. I'd very much like to have a look at that.

there have been treads about that message several times

people that are good at fighting on freeroam confirm to after a while get those things that say" we are watching you blablabla"because people reporting them

thing is, those are automatic warnings

i think even if you woud glitch and all, rockstar does not have the manpower to actualy watch people like this

its just empty treaths

i mean, hell, they cant even put all glitchers and god moders in the bad sport lobby, what does that tell you ?:p

also if you still feel unsertain, dont grief anyone and only kill what killed you....hell, then youre realy doing less wrong them most people do in gtao :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users