Bad Sport is the worst idea ever

106 replies to this topic
Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

... I simply dominate GTA Online lobbies with a K/D ratio of over 7 ... who is actually good at this game and doesn't use hacks? My K/D is very impressive to say the least since I come from a third world country where the fastest internet is 4mbps and an average ping of 300-500

Funny how everyone talks about bad sport here, but nobody seems to notice this guy has piss poor internet and then brags about his k/d.

You're the kind of player I truly hate meeting, you teleport all over the map, take several shots to the head, I once shot a guy to the ground and kept filling him with bullets only to have him suddenly behind me and shotgun me. (and no he didn't respawn)

This is even worse than hacks because we can't really see your movements, and there are people out there who use lag switches or whatever to slow down their connection to achieve what you have by default, so yeah, no wonder people report you.

What's truly remarkable though is that you actually think that you dominate gta with your high k/d, but if you didn't lag you'd probably have below 1 because people would actually be able to see your movements.

On a side note, I think there should be a third pool for lagging players; your internet speed is tested upon loading up online and if it's below a certain speed you should be put in the lag pool, and I'll guarantee it OP, if that ever becomes the case you'll smash your tv in pure frustration.

I agree, Rockstar please implement the "3rd world pool" to keep all these peasants out of our servers...

• D3ViOU5 likes this

JimmySaville'd
  • JimmySaville'd

Like my posts for chop

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

whats your social club?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

OP.

You don't dominate players in free roam with Snipers rifles..  Thats called cheap shotting pubbies.

Just sayin'....

Maybe people are reporting you because you're annoying.

• Gay Tony likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

This is why reporting people for griefing should be removed. If you can't fight back go into passive mode, join a quick job or join a new session.
  • Bozzah and JobAnonymous like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

This is why reporting people for griefing should be removed. If you can't fight back go into passive mode, join a quick job or join a new session.

Agreed.

To many babies out there thumping the report button because of trolls getting the best of them      

• Bozzah likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

The bad sport mechanic is a fine idea but badly implemented. Also funny how the main way of griefing (frags by jet) is no longer penalised.

But the people saying it punishes players for playing a GTA game the way it's meant to be played (killing others and blowing stuff up) and that this is ridiculous are kind of right too.

Naturally I'm just guessing, but I think if a R* employee who worked on these things was to read this, he'd probably think something along the lines of; "You're not wrong, you're just an asshole."

If R* didn't want people killing eachother in free roam, then by default players would be impervious to attacks from others. In GTA IV there were still ways to kill eachother, but those could probably get patched too if they so wanted.

What R* was likely considering, and this is what a lot of players (including a bunch on the forum here) are forgetting or ignoring, is how much fun players have. Especially the weaker ones. The main difference between just playing the game and doing things that you do in the GTA universe and being a troll/griefer is (not) having any consideration for the fun of others. Basically, being an inconsiderate prick or not.

Logic also demands that if you feel wrongly accused here, you're probably just one of those players who completely forgot about how the gameplay experience is for others or that everyone has a so-called thick skin and doesn't give a rats derriere about getting killed repeatedly in a videogame.

Otherwise, if you don't care but the behaviour matches your playstyle, you're probably said prick and there's really nothing more to say about it.

The best way to deal with these things IMO would be to have different types of public sessions. There's plenty of ways to play privately, sure, but you shouldn't be forced to choose between two extremes; having to play all by yourself or being squashed like a bug every ten seconds. Yes, you can play with friends and crewmembers, but for many people these will not fill a session, and it's not the same as meeting random people. I've noticed there's also LOTS of loners out there.

They had the right idea in GTA IV. You could simply select to host or join a game without "friendly fire" and that meant not being able to directly kill eachother. It still allowed for everything else, naturally, such as chasing and ramming eachother, bringing cops to other players or doing stuff together with strangers without fear of someone ruining the party or people accidentally getting shot.

But most of this can be achieved by changing passive mode. How hard can it be for a game developing company with years of experience to implement a simple godmode switch for players? I think it could work if passive mode actually made you completely invulnerable to anything players (not NPC's, those really are just part of the game in every sense) can throw at you, regardless of wether it's bullets, explosives or cars slamming into you.

If no "safe" sessions are added, make passive mode free as well. Increase the timer when turning it off before you can hurt other players again, I believe it's five seconds now? Should be ten or fifteen. Ideally, add a range restriction so people can't use passive mode to walk into your camp spot, turn it off and then frag you. Perhaps add a warning that a nearby passive player is exiting passive mode. With all of these changes I think you could protect players without giving them easy ways to grief others.

Or just make different kinds of sessions so people can choose what kind of players to hang out with. Or rather, in what kind of environment.

Regular free-for-all FR as is standard now. Weapon kills disabled. All kills disabled (no kills by players possible).

Regular type session but without player indicators (blips, notifications that NPC's were sent after <X> or that <Y> grabbed a car requested by Simeon).

I do believe that there was an option for this in GTA IV free roam games. With no way of knowing where others are except by actual sighting or sounds of weaponry, everyone would have to be on their toes all the time. Stealth would actually be a (small) factor in survival. Silenced weapons aren't heard as far away, flashlights can easily give your position away. Driving vehicles that look normal and adopting a law-abiding driving style will decrease the odds of someone spotting you. Actual traps with friends and crewmembers can be set-up. Because let's be honest, if you're sitting on one street block or in one building (or train, or whatever else there is) with five of your high rank buddies, who is going to be stupid enough to walk into that? Noone, if they've played GTA:O for more than an hour.

But back on-topic...

If your K/D ratio is at positive 7, you clearly are the best player in the world and it's extremely unlikely that you're doing anything suspicious.

Ofcourse you're going to get reported if you get thousands of kills and not nearly as many deaths. Even if it doesn't seem like you're cheating in some way, people will probably report you just to try to get back at you. If you have nothing to hide then R* will not find anything and you can keep on playing, what's the problem here?

If it looks like you're cheating because of your eternal lag, all you can do is improve your connection or avoid confrontation with other players, because they can and definitely will report you.

• Arrows to Athens and Lacius25 like this

AlynFate
  • AlynFate

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by AlynFate, 18 May 2014 - 02:52 PM.

I guess the problem is what you said at last, your connection.

It may because you connection is too bad, and this give you the same advantage as using a lag switch.

WonderingPsycho
  • WonderingPsycho

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Bad sport is a good idea but it should be done better. Also fix the damn timer & not let players glitch out! Ive glitched out everytime ive been in!! Make it so you get points against you for blowin pvs only when you dont have cash to pay & for killing passive players also. If people want to drive by shooting ya up then every player kill they get should be bs points and they can go to bs lobby for that behavior as well. Free mode should be to chill not an all out war constantly where only the skilled, tank & jet people get punished.

Blazzin001
  • Blazzin001

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:02 PM Edited by Blazzin001, 18 May 2014 - 07:09 PM.

If people don't want to be labeled as d*ckheads , don't do d*ckhead things that put you in that group . Not to hard to comprehend . I think it's nice to know who the BS' are .

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

The bad sport system might be ok, if they'd fix all the bugs, and if they would stop changing how you get bad sport.

You can get bad sport for a month, but only serve 2 days of time.

Or you can get it for a month and serve forever there.

Makes no sense.

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by TheBestInTheWorld567, 19 May 2014 - 06:31 AM.

In reply to what I have read:

The logic of GTA gamers: throw grenades and attempt to drive over me when I am in passive mode, but report me after I get my car and drive over that same guy...

And to the people saying that I am cheating for having a bad internet (because I "teleport") are idiots because everyone around me also teleport and it takes longer for my bullets to actually shoot (REAL gamers should know this)...

And I have nothing to hide but it gets annoying when little kids report me because they suck, and the use of my microphone was disconnected for some time...

And to the guy who said something along the lines of "only little kids 13-19 care about KD ratios"... 2 things: REAL gamers care about KD ratios and secondly I am 19 you idiot

And if I were cheating I would use God mode, so what you said doesn't make sense boet lol

And lastly to the people who said it is not possible to make a sniper shot of 1.1km: yes it is possible (I made it) and it was on a 14 year old Panasonic tv (looks like a pregnant woman the way it curves in the middle) lol

Good day

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:32 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 19 May 2014 - 07:31 AM.

I dont know why but it just amuses me that someone whose user name is "The Best In The World" starts a thread bitching about bad sport. It must be difficult being the best.

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:52 AM Edited by TheBestInTheWorld567, 19 May 2014 - 07:03 AM.

I dont know but it just amuses me that someone whose user name is "The Best In The World" starts a thread bitching about bad sport. It must be difficult being the best.

lol, well when people play in GTA Online, they have 2 choices: fight or flight. but when I started out my kd ratio was 1.41, but at around Rank 40 I started to improve my KD. I avoid people waiting for me to come out of my apartment (no chance to react faster enough), when I go shopping I put passive mode on and when I leave I always check my car for sticky bombs, when I cross to other locations I always check who is around me, I put myself in passive mode when I hear a tank coming and I alert my crew where the tank is, I put myself in passive mode when a jet flies over because frankly with the lag I get it's impossible to shoot those things down with anything, etc etc etc.

for all the haters: jou ma se nat p_es lol

and anyway how did The United States of Mexico (lol) have so much money and people, they are cheating cowards and they probably stole all that money from other countries because there is no way that we only have 50 million people and they have over 300 million and its over R10 to the American $... exactly the same logic as people calling me a cheater

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

Bad Sport kinda defeats the purpose of the game because isn't the whole point of GTA is to be a bad sport?

No, Mental state defeats the purpose. Bad Sport separates clean and dirty players. Mental state f*cks over anyone in free roam that commits a crime.

-Hit a ped by accident? Warning about your stat.
-Rob a store and have the police after you? Warning about your stat.
-Kill someone who is after you for no reason? Warning about your stat.

So running people over, robbing stores, and killing people doesn't make you a dirty player? lol I love how contradictory and self-righteous these arguments are, there's no such thing as a 'clean player' in grand theft auto, if you're playing it you're doing something violent...it isn't mary poppins tea party.

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:22 AM Edited by TheBestInTheWorld567, 19 May 2014 - 07:22 AM.

Thumbs up for a good post mate :)

Mr._A.Lien
  • Mr._A.Lien

Tough Enough Cookie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:49 AM Edited by Mr._A.Lien, 19 May 2014 - 07:50 AM.

Previous quotes
Spoiler

So running people over, robbing stores, and killing people doesn't make you a dirty player? lol I love how contradictory and self-righteous these arguments are, there's no such thing as a 'clean player' in grand theft auto, if you're playing it you're doing something violent...it isn't mary poppins tea party.

I think 'clean' and 'dirty' just means who's playing the game fairly (clean) and who's taking unfair advantages (Killing newer players over and over to raise the Kill/Death ratio, abusing glitches.. dirty). Again -I think- so correct me if I'm wrong. For the Bad Sports discussion- Rockstar seems to have the right idea, but obviously it needs some fixing if it's glitching up on some people. It could be said that destroying stuff is the point of GTA, but when you destroy something that belongs to another actual person (not an NPC), it is just bothersome (You don't need to destroy everything in GTA to have fun). Which is why Rockstar should actually mark other player's vehicles. Really, there are probably more things to touch on the Bad Sports penalty, but I'm probably not the person to do it, seeing as I lack the knowledge of lingo and have never experienced the lobby myself. Let's just hope they fix something to please more people. For the Mental State- it's a cool idea. I'd like to see it only raise when you kill actual players, and have it so that it's only a warning as to how the player plays. No more matchmaking or getting rewards for killing them. It'd be nice if the rate it decreased was fixed as well, since I hear that's also a problem for people. Stuff is broken so it'll hopefully be fixed. (Keep in mind that not everyone's going to be happy no matter what they do.)
  • theNGclan and Lacius25 like this

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

&nbsp;

[quote name="CatchMeTrolling" post="1065414431" timestamp="1400362686"]

[quote name="mr toasterbutt" post="1065414389" timestamp="1400361948"]
 [quote name="CatchMeTrolling" post="1065414320" timestamp="1400360927"]
Bad sports is an embarrassment to GTA really, most of the players in bad sports play the game how it should be played, fortunately most of the bad sports players are in clean lobbies at this point.[/quote]Putting asswholes and grifers together in the same lobbies? Problem?
The only issue I have with Badsport is throwing cheater in the mix. Cheaters should have their own lobby all to themselves.[/quote]

You do the crime, you do the time.

I think you'll find the game is very much about crime and encourages it at every opportunity, do you people think it's a flower-arranging simulator or something?

Lacius25
  • Lacius25

Judge

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

The logic of GTA gamers: throw grenades and attempt to drive over me when I am in passive mode, but report me after I get my car and drive over that same guy...

And to the people saying that I am cheating for having a bad internet (because I "teleport") are idiots because everyone around me also teleport and it takes longer for my bullets to actually shoot (REAL gamers should know this)...

And I have nothing to hide but it gets annoying when little kids report me because they suck, and the use of my microphone was disconnected for some time...

And to the guy who said something along the lines of "only little kids 13-19 care about KD ratios"... 2 things: REAL gamers care about KD ratios and secondly I am 19 you idiot

And if I were cheating I would use God mode, so what you said doesn't make sense boet lol

And lastly to the people who said it is not possible to make a sniper shot of 1.1km: yes it is possible (I made it) and it was on a 14 year old Panasonic tv (looks like a pregnant woman the way it curves in the middle) lol

Good day

Well... It some stuff depends on your definition of "REAL gamer"... You mean someone who plays as a professional or someone quite experienced on the matter?

Anyway... Yes, the bad sport feature can be quite "evil", but that's how some people think when they see someone "teleport" all over the place. Don't get me wrong, I usued to have a bad connection as well, so yeah I know what you're talking about... Unfortunately other people (the one that most likely reported you) doesn't necessarily know about your connection issues and given the not-too-old incidents about hackers, cheaters, etc. Well... Is actually normal for someone to think "hey this guy is cheating".

Remember, lagging is normal for you... But what about everyone else? Just saying, of course.

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

some fools always report tanks and jets.so this is why i always blow them up.
  • Bozzah and WonderingPsycho like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

i think the current idea where if you kill to many npc's or players effects your mental state is a bad idea it's practically a bulls eye, even though i've killed players with a red dot.

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

Bad sport should be enforced & more strict to punish the a@#holes who engage in free roam deathmatches & those who kill without reasons,Way I see it,gtao would be a even more fun without these motherf*cking bastards

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Going into passive mode does SFA for some people.

You become more of a target that way because they know you will struggle to fight back.

Only sh*t players kill people in passive mode.

I have been killed a number of times when I am in passive mode because I want to do something that does not involve killing everything around me.

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by TheBestInTheWorld567, 19 May 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Bad sport should be enforced & more strict to punish the a@#holes who engage in free roam deathmatches & those who kill without reasons,Way I see it,gtao would be a even more fun without these motherf*cking bastards

Lol, if you don't getting killed then play in a private lobby. GTA is all about mayhem, one of their main characters is a mal [email protected] so what do you expect

DBrasco
  • DBrasco

Specialist

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

OP is probably a spawn-killing griefer

And who is lagging like sh*t due to his internet connection thus giving him an edge over other players.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Going into passive mode does SFA for some people.
You become more of a target that way because they know you will struggle to fight back.
Only sh*t players kill people in passive mode.

I have been killed a number of times when I am in passive mode because I want to do something that does not involve killing everything around me.

Then join a new session, is it necessary to report someone?

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

If someone is ruining my online experience on the game, yes it is necessary.

Yes yes......I know......snitches get stitches.....

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Lag doesn't give you an advantage over anyone, it is actually a disadvantage because it takes longer for my bullets to shoot when I see someone and on the other person's screen it shows me standing still doing nothing, so to sum up with everything said here: I am the best in the world

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

Good day

There is no such thing as a "real" gamer.

If you play games, you're a gamer. That's it.

If you care about your K/D ratio a lot, you fall into the category of people who do that. If you don't, you're in another group.

Thinking that you're somehow superior to other players simply because you care about two numbers is ridiculous, not to mention extremely immature.

Being 18 years or older does not automatically mean you're mature. If you don't realise or accept this, that's just sad.

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:46 PM Edited by TheBestInTheWorld567, 25 May 2014 - 09:32 PM.

lol, you must be a Mexican from the United States of Mexico, and you are an idiot

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

I really don't know what, exactly, you have to do to get into the Bad Sport pool. I wonder about it because you get jerkoffs and squeakers who attack you, then, when you pay them back by owning them over and over again, they hit the snitch button. How many players have to vote to kick you from a session for it to actually happen? Are there any rules for what you have to do to get into the Bad Sport pool, like x number of players reporting you? 

Another thing I find bizarre, is being called a Bad Sport for blowing up someone's car. I mean, you pay for it anyway, and it seems to make no difference that they were trying to kill you with their car. I don't get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users