Bad Sport is the worst idea ever

106 replies to this topic
CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

Bad sports is an embarrassment to GTA really, most of the players in bad sports play the game how it should be played, fortunately most of the bad sports players are in clean lobbies at this point.

Putting asswholes and grifers together in the same lobbies? Problem?
The only issue I have with Badsport is throwing cheater in the mix. Cheaters should have their own lobby all to themselves.

No it's because bad sports is treated as a form of punishment for players that act like criminals in a criminal game. Fine group the same players together with the same playing style but it shouldn't be as if it's a prison sentence. Not allowing you to play with friends or crew members in jobs or join invite only sessions with them at will. It's terribly implemented, "bad sports" should just be the mental state. If the player isn't cheating they are fine in my book.
You do the crime, you do the time.

No, I don't get caught.
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

March 10th
  • March 10th

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

Lmfao at that last bit.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Bad sports is an embarrassment to GTA really, most of the players in bad sports play the game how it should be played, fortunately most of the bad sports players are in clean lobbies at this point.

The only issue I have with Badsport is throwing cheater in the mix. Cheaters should have their own lobby all to themselves.

No it's because bad sports is treated as a form of punishment for players that act like criminals in a criminal game. Fine group the same players together with the same playing style but it shouldn't be as if it's a prison sentence. Not allowing you to play with friends or crew members in jobs or join invite only sessions with them at will. It's terribly implemented, "bad sports" should just be the mental state. If the player isn't cheating they are fine in my book.

No, I don't get caught.

"they are following me for being a possible cheater".  Yep, you sure don't get caught.

• LordBattleBeard likes this

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Wolqolqoqoqk

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:56 PM

Don't destroy personal cars. It effects your sport too much. Also if you are a good player like you say, don't kill same people repeatedly. They may think you are a cheater, they could report you.
  • darkwar854 likes this

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

I do think think bad sport is bad.

I've been there a few times and it is no different than any other server.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

No, I don't get caught.
"they are following me for being a possible cheater".  Yep, you sure don't get caught.

That's not getting caught, that's being accused of a crime.

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Bad sport is fine. Given that free mode is a free mode. And if you want to kill people theres dedicated game modes where bad sport doesn't apply.

But the idea of free mode is where players can do what they like. If tommy wants to take his car to lsc and mod it for a race. And you blow it up then damn right your being a bad sport.

If tommy wanted to partake in a vehicle deathmatch he'd join one. And that brings us to the real problem. Its not bad sport. Its that all these modes suck. Between horrendous matchmaking and maps so small everyone hates them you find the reason people spend so much time in free mode.

Theres also griefing. Building kd ratios using tanks or sniping low level players that dont have a chance at getting a kill on you. Or other griefing tactics.

But bad sport In free mode is fine. Ive killed thousands of players in free mode and never seen a bad sport lobby.

Sounds like Tommy is having a bad day.

The thing I don't get is freeroam killing. It raises K/D but wouldn't it be better to do a deathmatch instead? I know freeroam killing gives you a rush and an edge by using stuff you've unlocked such as contacts and weapons as well as vehicles but if freeroam killers would go in deathmatch, maybe, for once I could do a deatmatch with a full lobby. It's like they don't even know it's an option. And yes, the maps sometimes suck but a good deathmatch player would play these maps and find the best spot. That TDM, Maze, where you're in a maze and sometimes people go on the rooftops? The best spot is hard to find and there's a few tactics to stay alive but it doesn't remove money when you die and gives you money at the end even if you lose. I think freeroam killers do it just to show off their skills. I'd rather be getting money instead (then again I don't have millions in my bank account so there's that to consider).

Why not join a deathmatch? It's very simple actually. Players of all types, whether or not they're particularly good, join a deathmatch willingly looking for a fight and tend to be more prepared. Freeroam killers want to spawnkill low-levels just walking down the street to artificially inflate their K/D without facing a challenge. Typically the same people who don't want to be placed in lobbies with players like themselves.

• livejoker, WillWorthington3 and darkwar854 like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by fish61324, 17 May 2014 - 10:11 PM.

So about 20 minutes ago Rockstar sent me an in game message warning me that they are following me for being a possible cheater. Really? Well here is the story: I don't hack, I don't mod, I don't have dms or dns or whatever that cr_p is... I simply dominate GTA Online lobbies with a K/D ratio of over 7 (over 9000 kills) and can snipe someone from across the map, furthest sniper kill I made was 1.1km away which brings me to my topic. Why does Rockstar have a stupid bad sport and cheater pool for someone like me who is actually good at this game and doesn't use hacks? My K/D is very impressive to say the least since I come from a third world country where the fastest internet is 4mbps and an average ping of 300-500

First of all, let me say that K/D is stupid and nobody cars about it. If you have a good K/D than you cheated.... not necessarily glitched, but maybe a friend let you kill them over and over.. or you mostly play with a group of your friends and they aren't any good at the game at all.... either way... a good K/D means you cheat.  If someone has a bad K/D, than they are a noob.

Get my point? Only little kiddies who are around the ages of 12-19 care about K/D......

Second of all..... I hope you get put into bad sport for cheating. Nice try though... lying about how you don't cheat.

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

didn't read the thread.

average ping of 300-500

that's the reason why your KD is big.

• UnicornAssassin likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

No, I don't get caught.

Being accused means that they are taking notice of your actions and may take action against it.  So stop crying that you get punished for being an asshole.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

No, I don't get caught.

Being accused means that they are taking notice of your actions and may take action against it.  So stop crying that you get punished for being an asshole.

One no one is crying its called giving an opinion...god knows if anyone on this forum even know what that means & secondly you're replying to the wrong person....

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

OP, so you're telling that R* is following you for being a possible cheater because of your not unrealistic K/D ratio? Are you serious or just here to brag? My K/D is higher than yours, but I've never got such a message.

This is a brag thread disguised as a complaint against Bad Sport.

This

You come from a third world country with slow internet, so you're probably that guy people try to kill who won't stop lag teleporting back and forth.

and this.
  • darkwar854 likes this

AlcatrazT2
  • AlcatrazT2

Goxakan

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

f*ck Bad Sport. I don't have a problem doing time for my crime. What I have a problem with is the f*cking Bad Sport Timer.

I received Bad Sport in v1.12 and served the complete sentence without ever turning on my console/playing the game. I come back from my trip, update to v1.13, and I am back to 16+ days. All while joining a private Invite Only Session and making absolutely NO contact with ANYONE. Keep in mind I had the same problem 5-months ago with my Bad Sport timer constantly increasing (R* didn't bother doing sh*t until it magically disappeared one day during a supposed 'fix').

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

Are you a free mode griefer? Killing anything you see with however arsenal you have? Probably people have been reporting you for Use of Exploit or Griefing. If those report stacked up on your name, of course Rockstar will be alerted and start evaluating you. There are rules in the game and you reap what you sow.

:^:

K/D over 7?  Ya, you should be in the BS lobby OP!   Forever!

OP is the kind of asshole that BS was meant for.  

On topic:  Rockstar's implementation of free-roam is the worst idea over.   :p

• UchihaRingo and ViceCityStalker like this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

everyone knows CM Punk is the best in the world

Damn straight

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

rs should also add a players kill point stack up system,kill enough players & you get bad sports,much better than the pv system

• saintsrow likes this

Straight Edge Steve
  • Straight Edge Steve

Great Gonzos!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

You give me the ability to set a vehicle on fire and say I SHOULDN'T!?

• beachfan12 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

No, I don't get caught.

One no one is crying its called giving an opinion...god knows if anyone on this forum even know what that means & secondly you're replying to the wrong person....

Well, it's hard to tell because you come out with the "I don't get caught" claim which makes me believe you are the OP.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:06 AM

Bad Sport kinda defeats the purpose of the game because isn't the whole point of GTA is to be a bad sport?

Nope.

Normally the people who think BS is crap are the insecure bunch who want to kill everyone without them fighting back, kinda like they do in real life.

• LordBattleBeard likes this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

No, I don't get caught.

Well, it's hard to tell because you come out with the "I don't get caught" claim which makes me believe you are the OP.

ok...

Straight Edge Steve
  • Straight Edge Steve

Great Gonzos!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:45 AM

Well I wouldn't be a very good serial killer if I let my victims fight back...

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

Well I wouldn't be a very good serial killer if I let my victims fight back...

You'd be a great serial killer if you found dead people instead.

Heffe707
  • Heffe707

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

Run a mission in between your destruction and it will reset your bad sport status. Just a heads up, don't go on endless rampages without throwing in a mission or two.

So that's where I went wrong....I need to stop playing RR in between devastating PVs. No matter how much havoc I cause, I still haven't ended up in the bad sport lobby. I'm really starting to think that the change they made about sending players to bad sport is based on being reported for glitching, hacking, and griefing.

But anyway, carimbohanky hit the nail on the head, they punish you for doing what the game is intended to do. 99% of people who play online, did the same thing with Michael, Franklin, and Trevor in the main story. But now they wanna report people and cry when it happens to them. Or Rockstar wants to punish you for what they instilled in you by even creating the main story for GTAV.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

If anything you should be rewarded for being a bad sport not for being a dickless straight edge wanker.

joejuggernaut
  • joejuggernaut

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

1.1km huh.. funny plsyer cullings about 1/5th that even in tdm
Player*

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

I didn't know you could report griefers. Some jerk screwed with me for ages the other day As soon as I would spawn he would be there to run me down.

Low on ammo I struggled to fight back, finally made it to the gun store and this halfwit shoots up the place so I can't buy guns.

These are the halfwits that should all be on their own server.

• Mr._A.Lien, Gay Tony, LordBattleBeard and 1 other like this

Kachii
  • Kachii

This isn't even my final form

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Because you're lag teleporting when someone try's to kill you

Might explain your high kd

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

... I simply dominate GTA Online lobbies with a K/D ratio of over 7 ... who is actually good at this game and doesn't use hacks? My K/D is very impressive to say the least since I come from a third world country where the fastest internet is 4mbps and an average ping of 300-500

Funny how everyone talks about bad sport here, but nobody seems to notice this guy has piss poor internet and then brags about his k/d.

You're the kind of player I truly hate meeting, you teleport all over the map, take several shots to the head, I once shot a guy to the ground and kept filling him with bullets only to have him suddenly behind me and shotgun me. (and no he didn't respawn)

This is even worse than hacks because we can't really see your movements, and there are people out there who use lag switches or whatever to slow down their connection to achieve what you have by default, so yeah, no wonder people report you.

What's truly remarkable though is that you actually think that you dominate gta with your high k/d, but if you didn't lag you'd probably have below 1 because people would actually be able to see your movements.

On a side note, I think there should be a third pool for lagging players; your internet speed is tested upon loading up online and if it's below a certain speed you should be put in the lag pool, and I'll guarantee it OP, if that ever becomes the case you'll smash your tv in pure frustration.

• saintsrow, YoungR3B3L, xXOsamaBinLamaXx and 2 others like this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

So about 20 minutes ago Rockstar sent me an in game message warning me that they are following me for being a possible cheater. Really? Well here is the story: I don't hack, I don't mod, I don't have dms or dns or whatever that cr_p is... I simply dominate GTA Online lobbies with a K/D ratio of over 7 (over 9000 kills) and can snipe someone from across the map, furthest sniper kill I made was 1.1km away which brings me to my topic. Why does Rockstar have a stupid bad sport and cheater pool for someone like me who is actually good at this game and doesn't use hacks? My K/D is very impressive to say the least since I come from a third world country where the fastest internet is 4mbps and an average ping of 300-500

First of all, let me say that K/D is stupid and nobody cars about it. If you have a good K/D than you cheated.... not necessarily glitched, but maybe a friend let you kill them over and over.. or you mostly play with a group of your friends and they aren't any good at the game at all.... either way... a good K/D means you cheat.  If someone has a bad K/D, than they are a noob.

Get my point? Only little kiddies who are around the ages of 12-19 care about K/D......

Second of all..... I hope you get put into bad sport for cheating. Nice try though... lying about how you don't cheat.

Low K/D

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by Wildfire_08, 18 May 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Lets not get silly, dominate is a strong word. 

Do they have a stat for this? If not how can you prove it, if so then forget I said that. Also a lot of people, including myself would never be able to get a kill from that far, because we play the digital version of the game on a standard HDD which has pathetic draw distance & ultra lag compared to the blu-ray version. 

Its not impressive because we have no idea how you achieved it, 7K/D from mostly tank kills is for scrubs, 7K/D from sniping all the time is not impressive because with the most OP weapon in the game (Heavy Sniper) you can 1 shot anybody anywhere on their body and easily get 20+ kills before you die one time if you play smart. Also most of the top tier legit players are sitting on K/Ds of 12+

And finally, the "tracked as a cheater" message just means that a certain amount of people have reported you in game. When that message pops up it gives you an indication that you have reached that threshold amount before you essentially are "on radar" & that whoever you have annoyed the most in session was probably the guy who put you over that threshold. At that point you go and make his life hell in the lobby. 

It does not mean you are a cheat, it is nothing to worry about. I get reported all the time by butthurt scrubs who think I am a hacker/modder when actually im just one of the best overall players on the game & have been since GTA 4 days when we used to rock all the leaderboards before modder scrubs came along and ruined everything. 

Either way, get on with noob hunting & griefing. 

I do agree bad sport is the worst system I have ever seen in any game ever made though, Most of my PSNs are in bad sport & have been for going on 6 months now. I only have 1 account I can actually play with my friends on. A system which punishes you for blowing up vehicles (the only reason I ever end up in Bad sport), and separates you from your friends for long periods of real time is nonsense & should be scrapped. 

But thats why Rockstar are one of the worst developers in the business for actually listening to their players, they couldnt give a sh*t & they only ever seem to put modders & hackers or people on YT who encourages game breaking glitches onto their livestream. Smh

Edit: I forgot to mention as others pointed out your 3rd world african internet. Lag is a HUGE advantage in GTA and always has been since lag switch noobs started trying that sh*t on GTA 4. Upgrade your internet & your K/D will drop significantly over time as right now you are playing with a big advantage. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users