Photo

Bad Sport is the worst idea ever

106 replies to this topic
TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by TheBestInTheWorld567, 17 May 2014 - 06:46 PM.

So about 20 minutes ago Rockstar sent me an in game message warning me that they are following me for being a possible cheater. Really? Well here is the story: I don't hack, I don't mod, I don't have dms or dns or whatever that cr_p is... I simply dominate GTA Online lobbies with a K/D ratio of over 7 (over 9000 kills) and can snipe someone from across the map, furthest sniper kill I made was 1.1km away which brings me to my topic. Why does Rockstar have a stupid bad sport and cheater pool for someone like me who is actually good at this game and doesn't use hacks? My K/D is very impressive to say the least since I come from a third world country where the fastest internet is 4mbps and an average ping of 300-500

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:48 PM Edited by Bonnano, 17 May 2014 - 06:49 PM.

I agree, Passive Mode is bullsh*t too. I can get killed inside of my vehicle and also ran the f*ck over, isn't the purpose of it to be technically invincible to other players? Whoever developed the code of it clearly had a mental issue

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Bad Sport kinda defeats the purpose of the game because isn't the whole point of GTA is to be a bad sport?

• Grand Theft Amanda, Muhammad Hamdan, Omnifarious and 8 others like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Moved to GTA Online forum.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

OP is probably a spawn-killing griefer
  • Tabula Rasa, am30, UchihaRingo and 6 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

Haven't seen this thread in a long time.

• saintsrow, Killzone3265, Ezza. and 1 other like this

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

I agree, because when I am in passive mode people think it is funny to drive over me non-stop but when I take off passive mode and start getting revenge by shooting then then the entire lobby reports me and votes for me to be kicked

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Wow OP, you da best in da world.
  • xXOsamaBinLamaXx, SKaREO and I.C.U.P. like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

probably got reported for cheating a lot due to being so "good"

the lag thing might also have something to do with it, as it can cause some weird stuff, could make it look like you're cheating

• SKaREO and watchclock like this

Khartman
  • Khartman

Crackhead

• Members

SSSssssssshh, do you smell something?

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Bad Sport and Mental State are things that don't belong in a GTA game honestly
  • Crunch McThornbody and beachfan12 like this

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

everyone knows CM Punk is the best in the world
  • Kid SixXx, Rainin needles, I.C.U.P. and 1 other like this

TheBestInTheWorld567
  • TheBestInTheWorld567

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

probably got reported for cheating a lot due to being so "good"

the lag thing might also have something to do with it, as it can cause some weird stuff, could make it look like you're cheating

When I move in GTA Online it shows me as teleporting due to such a bad connection, and when I report someone for actually being a cheater (using guns in apartments, spawning armoured cars, duplicating personal cars, hiding in glitch spots, etc) then they just report me

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

being saying this since before the game was released...

bad sport is the single worst feature ever implemented in a open world, crime-releated game like gta.

you get punished for playing the game!
  • Grand Theft Amanda and revbouncer like this

SaturatedFat
  • SaturatedFat

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

You come from a third world country with slow internet, so you're probably that guy people try to kill who won't stop lag teleporting back and forth.

On topic, Bad Sport was a ridiculous programming decision. Should be taken out of the game.

• DBrasco likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Heists now featuring orgies!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Be worst than the average player, you're a noob.
Be better than the average player, you're a hacker.

You're not a gamer if you don't know this by now. :p

• ParanoiaX, Omnifarious, UchihaRingo and 2 others like this

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

Run a mission in between your destruction and it will reset your bad sport status. Just a heads up, don't go on endless rampages without throwing in a mission or two.

• Fussyfez likes this

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

Bad sport is fine. Given that free mode is a free mode. And if you want to kill people theres dedicated game modes where bad sport doesn't apply.

But the idea of free mode is where players can do what they like. If tommy wants to take his car to lsc and mod it for a race. And you blow it up then damn right your being a bad sport.

If tommy wanted to partake in a vehicle deathmatch he'd join one. And that brings us to the real problem. Its not bad sport. Its that all these modes suck. Between horrendous matchmaking and maps so small everyone hates them you find the reason people spend so much time in free mode.

Theres also griefing. Building kd ratios using tanks or sniping low level players that dont have a chance at getting a kill on you. Or other griefing tactics.

But bad sport In free mode is fine. Ive killed thousands of players in free mode and never seen a bad sport lobby.
  • theNGclan, Charles_Lee_Raye, LahTigre and 3 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Heists now featuring orgies!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by livejoker, 17 May 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Bad sport is fine. Given that free mode is a free mode. And if you want to kill people theres dedicated game modes where bad sport doesn't apply.

But the idea of free mode is where players can do what they like. If tommy wants to take his car to lsc and mod it for a race. And you blow it up then damn right your being a bad sport.

If tommy wanted to partake in a vehicle deathmatch he'd join one. And that brings us to the real problem. Its not bad sport. Its that all these modes suck. Between horrendous matchmaking and maps so small everyone hates them you find the reason people spend so much time in free mode.

Theres also griefing. Building kd ratios using tanks or sniping low level players that dont have a chance at getting a kill on you. Or other griefing tactics.

But bad sport In free mode is fine. Ive killed thousands of players in free mode and never seen a bad sport lobby.

Sounds like Tommy is having a bad day.

The thing I don't get is freeroam killing. It raises K/D but wouldn't it be better to do a deathmatch instead? I know freeroam killing gives you a rush and an edge by using stuff you've unlocked such as contacts and weapons as well as vehicles but if freeroam killers would go in deathmatch, maybe, for once I could do a deatmatch with a full lobby. It's like they don't even know it's an option. And yes, the maps sometimes suck but a good deathmatch player would play these maps and find the best spot. That TDM, Maze, where you're in a maze and sometimes people go on the rooftops? The best spot is hard to find and there's a few tactics to stay alive but it doesn't remove money when you die and gives you money at the end even if you lose. I think freeroam killers do it just to show off their skills. I'd rather be getting money instead (then again I don't have millions in my bank account so there's that to consider).

• WillWorthington3, Mr._A.Lien, And Spy Was Cow and 1 other like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

Are you a free mode griefer? Killing anything you see with however arsenal you have? Probably people have been reporting you for Use of Exploit or Griefing. If those report stacked up on your name, of course Rockstar will be alerted and start evaluating you. There are rules in the game and you reap what you sow.
  • WillWorthington3, theNGclan, SocalZHP and 2 others like this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

K/D over 7?  Ya, you should be in the BS lobby OP!   Forever!

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by am30, 17 May 2014 - 09:03 PM.

Funny how Bad Sport is a terrible idea once you're put in it or threatened with it.  The solution is simple - don't be an ass.

SSSssssssshh, do you smell something?

• southernsontn, Mr._A.Lien and And Spy Was Cow like this

Sash
  • Sash

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

OP is such a badass.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Bad sports is an embarrassment to GTA really, most of the players in bad sports play the game how it should be played, fortunately most of the bad sports players are in clean lobbies at this point.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

Bad Sport kinda defeats the purpose of the game because isn't the whole point of GTA is to be a bad sport?

No, Mental state defeats the purpose. Bad Sport separates clean and dirty players. Mental state f*cks over anyone in free roam that commits a crime.

-Hit a ped by accident? Warning about your stat.
-Rob a store and have the police after you? Warning about your stat.
-Kill someone who is after you for no reason? Warning about your stat.
  • revbouncer and Mr._A.Lien like this

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

Godzilla

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by Inbred Walrus, 17 May 2014 - 11:19 PM.

This is a brag thread disguised as a complaint against Bad Sport.

But yeah, Bad Sport is kind of suckish. I'm fine with the "Cheater Pool" idea, however. Maniacs and cheaters are different.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

Well, stop killing everyone in free mode.  They can report you for griefing and that may show up as cheating.

mr toasterbutt
  • mr toasterbutt

poppin'

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

Bad sports is an embarrassment to GTA really, most of the players in bad sports play the game how it should be played, fortunately most of the bad sports players are in clean lobbies at this point.

Putting asswholes and grifers together in the same lobbies? Problem?

The only issue I have with Badsport is throwing cheater in the mix. Cheaters should have their own lobby all to themselves.

• Mr._A.Lien and And Spy Was Cow like this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

The only issue I have with Badsport is throwing cheater in the mix. Cheaters should have their own lobby all to themselves.

No it's because bad sports is treated as a form of punishment for players that act like criminals in a criminal game. Fine group the same players together with the same playing style but it shouldn't be as if it's a prison sentence. Not allowing you to play with friends or crew members in jobs or join invite only sessions with them at will. It's terribly implemented, "bad sports" should just be the mental state. If the player isn't cheating they are fine in my book.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

No it's because bad sports is treated as a form of punishment for players that act like criminals in a criminal game. Fine group the same players together with the same playing style but it shouldn't be as if it's a prison sentence. Not allowing you to play with friends or crew members in jobs or join invite only sessions with them at will. It's terribly implemented, "bad sports" should just be the mental state. If the player isn't cheating they are fine in my book.

You do the crime, you do the time.

• am30, Cornbat, LordBattleBeard and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users