Best police hold off spots

21 replies to this topic
Bensteroox
  • Bensteroox

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hey. Me and two friends are looking for a spot to hold off against the cops. We are looking for decent cover and slightly closed in, preferably with roof cover so we can't get mowed down by the heli gunmen.

I'm 78, and they're about 45 to 47, so we don't have RPGs but we do have grenade launchers and throwable explosives.
  • GTAForums.Talk likes this

GTAForums.Talk
  • GTAForums.Talk

Your Therapist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

I do not know of any specific spot, but I'm sure you can find a pretty decent spot anywhere throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.

Try hiding in tunnels and see if that helps.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

The Cluckin' Bell factory is Paleto Bay has some interesting spots and hidey holes. :^:

36owpS7.jpg?1?3057

• tarlz69 likes this

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

Trevors meth lab above the liquor store in sandy shores
  • Jizzle2014 and redpoint like this

Bensteroox
  • Bensteroox

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Will try cluckin bell factory and thanks, I like Trevor's meth lab, and use it occasionally but slightly too confined for a slight challenge. But thanks. Also, anyway to enter the a Tory or just around the outside?

McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Tunnels or jump on the train or kill yourselves
Good luck

GTAForums.Talk
  • GTAForums.Talk

Your Therapist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

The Cluckin' Bell factory is Paleto Bay has some interesting spots and hidey holes. :^:

36owpS7.jpg?1?3057

Though would you have the patience to drive that far, nearly out of the city?

StarSteewlolf
  • StarSteewlolf

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

First challenge would be getting to Paleto Bay with a 5 star wanted level.

Second challenge is finding a spot during the chaos and then holding out.

I might try it. Just getting there would be epic.

Bensteroox
  • Bensteroox

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

Id be willing to go anywhere for a good hold off. Love that kind of stuff
Fun

daboy042188
  • daboy042188

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

The compound for the cultists is fun

Bradillac83
  • Bradillac83

Spontaneous Demolition Technician

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Parking garages provide good air cover and are common throughout the city. There seem to be more than you think when you're casually driving around and notice how many there are. Highway overpasses work as well but are relatively open at ground level. There's a spot in the southeast where a narrow bridge connects to the terrain and provides close cover from three sides. There's another good spot at a house to the east of Michael's, the yard is a sloped hill so the balcony is on stilts. Can't remember exactly where but only a few blocks away in Vinewood. Even narrow alleys will provide cover against helicopters as the angle is too steep for them to get a shot.

North of the city and in Blaine County there are a few bridges that provide cover as well, and the steep hills funnel police into predictable areas [ie: LSPD graveyards].

What about one of the container ships at the docks?

First challenge would be getting to Paleto Bay with a 5 star wanted level.

Second challenge is finding a spot during the chaos and then holding out.

I might try it. Just getting there would be epic.

I too like the sound of that, sounds like a great Crew operation. Goin' on the To-Do List.

Though would you have the patience to drive that far, nearly out of the city?

What a bizarre statement. I've done some terrible races that took longer than a drive to the Bay. Who doesn't enjoy a nice drive in the country?

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

that abandoned airfield with the barn for survival was pretty good cant remember exact location but i always found that survival the most fun even though my group of 4 usually camped the plane yard across from it so they wouldn't ambush spawn all around us can hide in broken busses under behind wrecked planes etc, then run to the barn when air support comes.

Also i feel like doing this again i remember doing it in red dead redemption with friends just holding that castle with the wall mounted mini guns an cannons was really fun haha.

ProDash
  • ProDash

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Strip club

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Up by Lesters warehouse there's a hospital and a fire station, I usually climb up the tower behind the fire station. Cops on the ground can't work out the steps to get up, so we just mow choppers down from up there.

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

A fun spot I happened on last night, was up at the dam. As you drive across it you will see a little room with stairs off to the side. By blowing up a couple police cars at either end of the road, you essentially block off the road and you can kill at will just about. Its mostly enclosed so no helis can get you, minding where your standing. I ended up there by accident with a 2 star and had a 5 star before I knew it. When you get tired you simply duck out the back and parachute off the dam and run away. Did once solo and once had a friend up there with me. Big fun.

Campus is cool to. Lots of spots you can funnel them into. Thats the key to fun cop times. Funneling.

CallmeGoat
  • CallmeGoat

Glitches R4 Bitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

You can do what I saw some clever/coward players do the other day. It works anywhere, plus you have an immediate escape if needed: 4 friends park 4 entity's (or any impervious to bullets from the rear vehicle) and park them hood to hood in a "plus sign" formation. Then just shoot out the back all day. Park under something to avoid helicopter fire if you choose. Will work on the cops almost indefinitely if all players maintain their fields of fire, just watch out for players with explosives.

Egonga
  • Egonga

Stripper/Lawyer

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

The bank can be a fun spot. It's an interior building, provides plenty of cover to hide behind and it'll make you feel like you're playing a Heist, even when you're not.

It's on the same block as the Chinese movie theatre, the one next to the tattoo parlour in the North of the city. On the west corner of that block there is a bank that you can enter.

McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:33 PM Edited by McBean007, 18 May 2014 - 07:34 PM.

Found a new wall breach today by accident, me and my buddy was stunt jumping

Il-Shadow
  • Il-Shadow

Pirate Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Subway. Push you PV down there park it in one area steal a car get at least a 3 star then park it in the closer area. Defend from the first car to start and ensure you parked it driver side IN. After a bit move towards your PV to use that as your next cover because your primary cover will most likely be exploding soon. 

Once you have satisfied your need for wanton police destruction retreat further into the subway to lose them. Occasionally you may have to move forward to reengage the police as they are not that bright and will somehow forget where you are.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

There's an electricity power substation in the north east of the city. It's a compound closed on all sides (but not the roof). There's only one small door for access (not wide enough for police cars), so the cops come on foot. The wire cage walls slow them down too.

Helicopters are a problem, but there are corners where they can't shoot easily.

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Any of the liquor stores work awesome. Shoot the attendant in the face and take cover behind the counter as the cops come in blast them with a shotgun. Once 8-10 cars pile up out front lob a grenade through the front door and start a chain reaction of explosions.

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Pacific Bank stairwell, inside the building on the first landing.  No one comes from the second floor and its a bottle neck in the doorway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users