Let's tackle this topic once an for all: Is Rooftop Rumble a nuisa

18 replies to this topic
The7thOne
  • The7thOne

GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

This topic has been asked of me to oblivion. Is Rooftop Rumble a nuisance to GTA Online? Should it be the only thing we do, should it even exist, and what should R* do? This will be highly debatable, but please, discuss.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by Daimondl, 17 May 2014 - 05:48 PM.

People will always find a way to grind a mission, if they remove or nerf Rooftop rumble they will find a new mission to grind that you will always join via quickjob. It sucks, I can't find fun missions because of that and I spend like 10 minutes backing up from RR.

• KoingWolf likes this

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

The mission itself isn't but players wanting quick easy cash rather than biding their time is the problem.

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

RR a nuisance? No way.

You know what is a nuisance? RP lobbies in the quick job searches.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

The only people to blame for it being over played is Rockstar and their inability to balance missions correctly. 

• robban and frankenstein107 like this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:56 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 17 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.

I actually am finding myself liking v 2.0 more. I farmed the heck out of v 1.0. 

V 2.0 is still easy and you just have to get into the rhythm of it. I park in back of the garage, do what I did for v1.0 and then once I see the two cars coming in from the direction of Alta towards the two side streets, I get into my car, toss a sticky and wait. Boom. Once you wreck one car worth of the two cars that come in, the car w/document spawns a moment or two after.

The only little annoyance is if one of the Grangers that spawns at the garage is still there it occasionally chases as you go after the document car.

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

Pro Racer |2-1 Ratio|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

I dont understand why people continue to do this mission its not quick cash anymore

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

I got the f*ck you if you love me on some nigga sh*t.

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by frankenstein107, 17 May 2014 - 06:12 PM.

The only people to blame for it being over played is Rockstar and their inability to balance missions correctly. 

THIS!
All the other missions are way harder and pay f*cking sh*t compared to RR, and the fact that R* decided to make all other missions 10x harder than RR this patch doesn't help either, just what were they thinking? 
And the new missions? None of them even pay more than $5K, and that's the FULL amount. 'High' life update, huh? 

• robban likes this

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:13 PM Edited by SuperDuperGta, 17 May 2014 - 06:14 PM.

I dont understand why people continue to do this mission its not quick cash anymore

What is?

If you do it right its almost just as quick as it ever was. 

The people who complain about RR are the ones who are already loaded

Payouts on all other jobs should be increased to match it

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

it reminds me of how fast violent duct and mixed up with coke died cause of updates

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

Pro Racer |2-1 Ratio|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

I only use a Coveted playlist

• robban likes this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

I got the f*ck you if you love me on some nigga sh*t.

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

What is?

If you do it right its almost just as quick as it ever was. 

The people who complain about RR are the ones who are already loaded

Payouts on all other jobs should be increased to match it

There's so many missions that are harder and take WAY longer than RR, so no, NOT match it, the payouts need to be higher than RR. 

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Not really.  Blame the greed of the players who want everything straight away and are not prepared to work for it or bide their time.

An extra 2 minutes is too long for you to wait?  You must surely be a very busy person(!)

THIS!
All the other missions are way harder and pay f*cking sh*t compared to RR, and the fact that R* decided to make all other missions 10x harder than RR this patch doesn't help either, just what were they thinking? 
And the new missions? None of them even pay more than $5K, and that's the FULL amount. 'High' life update, huh? 

They're not that much harder.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

I actually am finding myself liking v 2.0 more. I farmed the heck out of v 1.0. 

V 2.0 is still easy and you just have to get into the rhythm of it. I park in back of the garage, do what I did for v1.0 and then once I see the two cars coming in from the direction of Alta towards the two side streets, I get into my car, toss a sticky and wait. Boom. Once you wreck one car worth of the two cars that come in, the car w/document spawns a moment or two after.

The only little annoyance is if one of the Grangers that spawns at the garage is still there it occasionally chases as you go after the document car.

last night i was playing and every time i destroyed the 2 cars that come after you kill everyone in the garage i would fail because the documents have been destroyed.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Death From Above, and Dry Docking should be $20K minimum.

• am30 likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by Hodgey., 17 May 2014 - 06:53 PM.

Of course it should exist.

Why remove a part of the game for no good reason? Just because certain people dont like aspects of a game doesn't mean it should be removed. If R* started to remove things from GTAO because people didn't like this and that then we would have a game disc with nothing on it. No one is forcing people to play Rooftop Rumble, if people want to play it however that is up to them, as they will play the game the way they see fit.

• crashhat69 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Iu0VHdW.png

• DeadpoolX, robban, Reconified and 1 other like this

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

If you have access to the Buzzard, Mixed Up With Coke pays $13.5K for about 3 minutes of flying.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by LambentBunny, 17 May 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Not really.  Blame the greed of the players who want everything straight away and are not prepared to work for it or bide their time.

An extra 2 minutes is too long for you to wait?  You must surely be a very busy person(!)

THIS!

They're not that much harder.

it has nothing to do with greed. In life you are not going to say no to a pay rise for doing the same work with the motto "oh I can take longer to earn more money so why take this pay rise" 

Greed is only high when things are not balanced correctly. Mission payouts are not balanced and Rooftop Rumble offers the best cash in game where it cost 25k to have red mist coming from your arse when using a chute. 

It's not even open for discussion lol. No one is going to spend more time and do harder work to get paid less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users