Photo

It costs too much to drive the Zentorno around

82 replies to this topic
egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by egomaniac247, 17 May 2014 - 04:23 PM.

Okay, eye catching title aside, what are the rules of engagement around when you have to pay MMI for the car replacement vs the other player?

I just had back to back situations where a player blew up my Zentorno and in the 1st instance I didn't have to pay the insurance premium to replace it....in the 2nd, another player blew it up in the same fashion (sticky bomb) and I had to pay $9k to replace it.

I don't mind paying $9k to replace it but doing that 5-6 times in a session can get old.  Is there some weird "you have to pay it in this situation but not this situation" kinda thing like when the tank is standing still vs not standing still?

• /////AMG likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I think the same goes for the tank, regardless of if it's still, or moving. It's BS, and hopefully R* patches it soon. I hate having to pay 10k+ for someone in a tank blowing up my vehicle. They should make it to where if the person who blows it up doesn't have any money, they'll have however much was insurance for the vehicle taken out as soon as they get enough to pay for it. Now that would be funny.

• madmanaz, NoSignal666 and Eddie_INTV like this

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society Representative

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

it used to be that if a player was poor, you had to pay insurance (still is that way, and it's pretty stupid)

the only reason you're paying insurance regardless now is because, as always, R* f*cked up something in the coding

• Awesom-0 likes this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Solution? Don't drive it in a crowded lobby. You know the nature of this game.

Is some sense of personal responsibility in a game that unheard of, that foreign?

• Quarthon likes this

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

>drives supercar into pvp

>complains about paying $9K insurance

• kjahcleveland, SuperDuperGta, Omnifarious and 4 others like this

sash2k4plus
  • sash2k4plus

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Drive a sh*t car in free roam

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

All hail the Sultan RS

Fully modded, replacement insurance $150, result.

Especially when its a chradder or ensh*ty griefer trying to be smart. I pay $150 they pay shed loads so I say keep it coming ladies, you do the math

• SkyChat, sultangris, gtaDaddy1 and 3 others like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

Drive a sh*t car in free roam

No.. Drive a cheaper car.  :D

• Crunch McThornbody, Eddie_INTV and GOVERNESS like this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

If you don't want to be blown up don't drive around a troll vehicle.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by Sky_Light12, 17 May 2014 - 04:37 PM.

that is real pain in a55 . PV crippled by tank over and over

hmm.. sentinel might be cheap as heap , blew it up ? you can revive it at cost under $1000 ( found on insurance logic )

• iainspad likes this

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

I NEVER drive a PV in a lobby with people. One of two things is GONNA happen:

1. Some asshole's gonna blow it up. And they may be poor/hiding their money (however they do that), so you have to pay. At the minimum, it's a pain in the ass.

2. You WILL get involved in a scrape with the cops, they will take your car. I know it's only $250 to get it back, but it's a pain in the ass.

You do run the risk of picking up bounties from stealing cars, but, hey... Anyone who drives a $9,000-to-replace Super car around in Freemode deserves what they get anyway. Especially something as "hey, look at me!" as a Zentorno. You're just asking for an RPG up the ass.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

yeah that problem would prevail in this game 'til R* use their head and add a debt system.

you bought insurance, you should never have to pay to recover your car, unless you destroy yourself.

with a debt system, MMI would replace your car for free as long as it was destroyed by other player.

that other player would have to pay xxx amount if money to MMI. hiding your money in second character wont work as the debt should be paid by any means, there for money can get debited out of the second character.

insurance have no exemptions, it doesnt matter if i destroy your car with a sticky bomb, tank, plane, jet, etc etc, i would get charged, no the car owner.
  • Daniel_B, dooshtoomun, StangOne50 and 4 others like this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

yeah that problem would prevail in this game 'til R* use their head and add a debt system.

you bought insurance, you should never have to pay to recover your car, unless you destroy yourself.

with a debt system, MMI would replace your car for free as long as it was destroyed by other player.

that other player would have to pay xxx amount if money to MMI. hiding your money in second character wont work as the debt should be paid by any means, there for money can get debited out of the second character.

insurance have no exemptions, it doesnt matter if i destroy your car with a sticky bomb, tank, plane, jet, etc etc, i would get charged, no the car owner.

Before they do that they need to fix reverse shooting trolls.

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:49 PM Edited by reiniat, 17 May 2014 - 04:51 PM.

>drives supercar into pvp
>complains about paying $9K insurance

What if i just want to have fun murdering? With ither people that wants murder too? Why do we have to pay for having fun?
and if i dont want to murder, then i cant play at all? What the point of online gaming then?

also why change a system that works well already?

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

just because the back gives protection doesn't make it a "troll" car

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

Murder in a stolen/cheaper car.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

The Entity, Adder and Zentorno are troll symbols since trolls are usually in them. They also the ones that shoot first so I just blow them up on sight.
  • sultangris and Eddie_INTV like this

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Someone destroying players with a tank will rack up a high psycho rating very quickly, so just stay away from the red dots on the map.

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

The peeps in the thread saying that you shouldn't complain when you get blown up are missing the point.

I wasn't complaining about getting blown up.  I was asking what the circumstances are in regards to when I have to pay versus when the other guy has to pay.  I had back to back same situations with different results.

I don't give a crap if people blow the car up, I just don't think I should have to pay for it if they initiated the combat.

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

What we're saying is you absolutely shouldn't have to pay, but you do. So either get over paying, or drive a cheaper car.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

Sorry but it's what you deserve for driving the new troll mobile around in an open lobby.

As someone else said. Sultan RS. Fully tuned. No matter what way it's destroyed, $150.

Need I say more?

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

-snip/

but there is nothing to fix there...

reverse drive is just another playing style, just like tankers, campers, etc.

what do you want R* to remove the reverse from the cars?
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

The Entity, Adder and Zentorno are troll symbols since trolls are usually in them. They also the ones that shoot first so I just blow them up on sight.

no, they're symbols of cars from the real world, not "trolls"

i never hear anyone complaining about the roosevelt and other SUVs with handlebars, despite them being commonly used to fill with 6 people, only to target one guy.

point is, put the gun down and observe for a few seconds first, 'cause that person you shot probably just wanted to race.

-snip/

but there is nothing to fix there...

reverse drive is just another playing style, just like tankers, campers, etc.

what do you want R* to remove the reverse from the cars?

he's talking about the supercars with "bulletproof" rear-ends, which i'd be very disappointed if it were removed, as i use them as protection against people like him :\

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Its funny seeing so many people driving the zentorno. The insurance should be higher.

The people who drive the super cars everywhere are usually the ones who can't drive.

• ZeroF0rce likes this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 17 May 2014 - 05:29 PM.

All hail the Sultan RS

Fully modded, replacement insurance $150, result.

Especially when its a chradder or ensh*ty griefer trying to be smart. I pay $150 they pay shed loads so I say keep it coming ladies, you do the math

This. If you get upset, don't keep driving Adders and Entities and Zentornos around. People get upset when their expensive cars get tank shelled again and again but never go, "Gee, maybe I don't have to show off that I have the most expensive car and just drive a cheaper one that works really well and doesn't cost a fortune if it gets wrecked." Doesn't even have to be the Sultan, even a 9F or something along those lines. Even if you don't always have to pay if your Zentorno gets hit, prepare for some $9K bills if that's what you want to drive around all the time.

I drive the Sultan, 9F, Voltic, Feltzer, Coquette and a few other odds and ends (Vigero, Jackal) around free roam, as I personally don't want to get a $9-12K bill every time my high-end car runs past a tank.

Lately I've driven the Akuma around, as well. Something like a $116 insurance bill.

With the Akuma ($116) and Sultan ($150, I think the Vigero is about the same), it's cheaper not to go get them back if they get impounded.

• Mr Fyn666 likes this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

This is why I drive my Bati around most the time. Its cheap to replace and its the quickest of anything.

• Strikeslip likes this

Heffe707
  • Heffe707

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

It's worth it to me to not go to the impound to pick up my Dominator, Buffalo MK2, or Tailgater because the extra $250 saves that drive across town, or god forbid the drive from paleto bay or sandy shores.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Some players are broke ass bitches and others are douchebag trolls that dump their cash on their 2nd character and can go blow PVs to sh*t and not worry about paying a dime.

Either way its pretty f*cking sad that they think they can be a badass griefer but not be badass enough to accept responsibility for it.

Pussies. Plain and simple.
  • LordBattleBeard likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

I don't think buzzards and jets are paying insurance anymore either.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by GR Choke, 17 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.

do you have a picture of your car?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users