R* Crooks!

53 replies to this topic
SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

When you bought V you only bought the PRIVILEGE to play O. You didn't buy the rights to O and everything that comes with it.

To keep the children at bay, I would have preferred PAYED DLC from the beginning.
  • bearer22 and iainspad like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:27 PM Edited by iainspad, 17 May 2014 - 06:29 PM.

Heists are already out they didn't announce it. Play one of the Capture heists. More heists will be released

That's not a heist in the general respect of the heists Rockstar have in mind. I'm expecting something of serious depth and complexity, like the in game heists (I.e. Strategy chosen by the leader, preparation and tasks to carry out before the heist can begin.)
I'm assuming the heist in its entirety (strategy, preparation) will take place in its own lobby and cannot begin the heist itself unless all tasks have been met and all members of the crew of that lobby are ready to go. I doubt something that can take at least an hour to 3 hours at worst if all agreed members of that crew don't have the time to do it, so I'm assuming you can prepare one day, and agree to meet back up again later on so you can do the heist, since not everyone has time to do something that long.

The game is not ready for heists, still too many glitches/bugs to be sorted, rockstar are doing a sh*t job of handling hackers glitches modders and the like, I personally still think this game needs pulled, I hope for freezing to start breaking consoles, I really do :)

Right, because Rockstar have not been working their asses off to fix a all these problems. Are you that naive?
working their asses off? Please, they keep giving themselves extra work all the time, they do it to themselves, I think your the one who is naive
read the f*cking patch logs. Being a developer, I see the patch logs as an entire commit of what has been changed, and you're ignorant to believe they haven't fixed sh*t.

When you bought V you only bought the PRIVILEGE to play O. You didn't buy the rights to O and everything that comes with it.
To keep the children at bay, I would have preferred PAYED DLC from the beginning.

That's an interesting take on the matter, as in to only pay for the licence to play it. Can you elaborate so others can be educated on this?

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Everything in this game will be free. I am 95% sure of that

That massive DLC they got planned for later in the year probably won't be.

Everything will be free until the day the game works without bugs, that day is still long long away. Gees just last week a random car spawned on the spot where ever you pushed the triangle during a race.. Lol. Finally fixed in 1.13.. But I mean there are 1000 other things to fix before this thing gets out of beta.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

Farcry 4 is around the corner and Fallout 4 will be close behind it. R* should hope neither of these puts a focus on vehicles because against them this is R* only ace in the hole.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think the children argument doesn't hold up, I mean if they can get access to a 60 dollar M rated game, I'm pretty sure they can download some dlc.

in any case, I agree with the payed DLC but for completely different reasons

if they would have done payed DLC they'd have to be quality, I f*cking loved gta 4's DLC's.

without a doubt best DLC EVER, sh*t had more content than most full priced games!

now we have free DLC and what do we get?

some reskinned cars and unoriginal weapons (seriously how many assault rifles do we need?)

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Heists are already out they didn't announce it. Play one of the Capture heists. More heists will be released

That's not a heist in the general respect of the heists Rockstar have in mind. I'm expecting something of serious depth and complexity, like the in game heists (I.e. Strategy chosen by the leader, preparation and tasks to carry out before the heist can begin.)
I'm assuming the heist in its entirety (strategy, preparation) will take place in its own lobby and cannot begin the heist itself unless all tasks have been met and all members of the crew of that lobby are ready to go. I doubt something that can take at least an hour to 3 hours at worst if all agreed members of that crew don't have the time to do it, so I'm assuming you can prepare one day, and agree to meet back up again later on so you can do the heist, since not everyone has time to do something that long.

The game is not ready for heists, still too many glitches/bugs to be sorted, rockstar are doing a sh*t job of handling hackers glitches modders and the like, I personally still think this game needs pulled, I hope for freezing to start breaking consoles, I really do :)

Right, because Rockstar have not been working their asses off to fix a all these problems. Are you that naive?
working their asses off? Please, they keep giving themselves extra work all the time, they do it to themselves, I think your the one who is naive
read the f*cking patch logs. Being a developer, I see the patch logs as an entire commit of what has been changed, and you're ignorant to believe they haven't fixed sh*t.

That's an interesting take on the matter, as in to only pay for the licence to play it. Can you elaborate so others can be educated on this?

How many times do I have to say this, when they fix anything they also create new ones, its about time you play the game and see for yourself, but I think the raging fanboy in you can't see anything wrong with this game ever, seeing as you're a developer and what not

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

So?

I'll pay for the thing; no problem.
If they feel it's worth selling, then the product must be that damn good. 

• Coin. likes this

Alarming
  • Alarming

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

I doubt they will charge for heists but on the other hand, they never said they would be free.

SilkySkillz85
  • SilkySkillz85

DONTuKNOWimLOCO

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

op is talking sh*t, but at the same time all of those who say they wouldn't mind paying for heists are muppets imo.

you might as well just bend right over and let rockstar have there way with ya ffs.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

op is talking sh*t, but at the same time all of those who say they wouldn't mind paying for heists are muppets imo.

you might as well just bend right over and let rockstar have there way with ya ffs.

Yeah, I'm such a muppet for having a career, a job & enough money to spend on entertainment if I see fit.

Keep fighting the broke fight though...fight the power!

• AnotherUserName, Coin. and Alarming like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Rockstar are good in bed. They even cuddle after they're done.

• SilkySkillz85 likes this

SilkySkillz85
  • SilkySkillz85

DONTuKNOWimLOCO

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

Yeah, I'm such a muppet for having a career, a job & enough money to spend on entertainment if I see fit.

Keep fighting the broke fight though...fight the power!

clown

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

clown

Oh noes...

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

I find they're worth it for the reach around alone.

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Ahh speculation, the hearty back-bone of gta forums.

Don't forget doom-saying and conspiracy. The holy trinity of the modern GTA community.

Brian B. doesn't. He's more of a slap-on-the-ass, "Your money's on the dresser" kind of guy.

Why doesn't he love me?!!

Da_WickedJester
  • Da_WickedJester

Why So Serious Mafia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

More like false advertisement. A lot game companies do that in order for the majority of the gaming community to buy their products. Then when they purchase it and realize that the company just cheated them out of their money they get mad.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

So I remember when before this game came out one of R* key talking points were the concept of heist right? Well now it's looking like we might have to pay for that feature. If that is the case than how do you as consumers feel about that?
I don't think it would be right and smells of bad business ethics. I hope it's just bs but I am worried the reason why I bought this game will cost me extra money when the perception given by R* intentionally was it will be included with the game! I'm okay with them taking longer than ever imaginable for heist after launch but to make us pay for it should not be acceptable in my eyes..

what the heck you talkin about ? you somekinda anti-R* teories or something ?

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Why are people so bloody obsessed with heists anyway? Lots of people will play them for a week realise that they dont pay that much money and give up on them regardless of if they are fun or not. 

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

More like false advertisement. A lot game companies do that in order for the majority of the gaming community to buy their products. Then when they purchase it and realize that the company just cheated them out of their money they get mad.

False advertisement is illegal , as well.as bait and switch.

Da_WickedJester
  • Da_WickedJester

Why So Serious Mafia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

False advertisement is illegal , as well.as bait and switch.

If it is illegal then how come no game company is shutdown, hmmmmm?

gengas
  • gengas

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

LOL 

talk of 'false advertising' because heists arent in GTAO, even trying to say its (this specifically) illegal, is when i know im in a forum full of kids that watch too much TV and take notes of legal phrases that get used hoping theyll get to say it at the right time and recieve a kudos for it 

autobot_hotwire
  • autobot_hotwire

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Do any of you realize that the OP just trolled all of you into two pages of pointless conversation?  He's not yet returned to this thread and I'm pretty sure he's not going to.  He made the thread just to f*** with you.  Mission accomplished.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Oh no, we might have to pay for additional content, heaven forbid! Does anyone other than me understand how business works?

Omfg how stupid some of you idiots are...They said that Heists would be INCLUDED when they released GTA Online. If they suddenly would decide to charge us for it i would delete my online character at once and never pay for anything Rockstar would release. 

Why are people so bloody obsessed with heists anyway? Lots of people will play them for a week realise that they dont pay that much money and give up on them regardless of if they are fun or not. 

It's good to know that we have a developer here. Otherwise i don't understand how you can sit on that kind of information?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users