R* Crooks!

53 replies to this topic
gtabudda
  • gtabudda

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

So I remember when before this game came out one of R* key talking points were the concept of heist right? Well now it's looking like we might have to pay for that feature. If that is the case than how do you as consumers feel about that?
I don't think it would be right and smells of bad business ethics. I hope it's just bs but I am worried the reason why I bought this game will cost me extra money when the perception given by R* intentionally was it will be included with the game! I'm okay with them taking longer than ever imaginable for heist after launch but to make us pay for it should not be acceptable in my eyes..
  • ivarblaauw likes this

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

what chu talkin bout

Reconified
  • Reconified

The hacker known as 4chan

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Why does it 'look like that'

Pure speculation?

I genuinely don't give a f*ck if I have to pay, I have money.

PrestoWater
  • PrestoWater

HUGE Vice City Fan

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'd rather pay for heists than for cash cards
  • Katve likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

They never said anything about paying for Heists.

They even said they'll be the final Free DLC for this Spring/Autumn

• hentai_posse likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

So remember how R* haven't said they're going to charge for heists?  Well now it looks like people are saying they will without any sources.  If that is the case than how do you as consumers feel about that?

• who-dat and I.haigh like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

So I remember when before this game came out one of R* key talking points were the concept of heist right? Well now it's looking like we might have to pay for that feature. If that is the case than how do you as consumers feel about that?
I don't think it would be right and smells of bad business ethics. I hope it's just bs but I am worried the reason why I bought this game will cost me extra money when the perception given by R* intentionally was it will be included with the game! I'm okay with them taking longer than ever imaginable for heist after launch but to make us pay for it should not be acceptable in my eyes..

Because who needs to provide proof, right?f

• Xyn, Katve, SCS_Skreamies and 3 others like this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Ahh speculation, the hearty back-bone of gta forums.

• mikezilla2 and lilpokerface like this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Okay OP, whatever nonsense would you like to pull out of your arse?

• Xyn, ModderX, hentai_posse and 1 other like this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Lol fuk u op trying to turn people against rockstar based on what?...... NOTHING!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

I dont quite understand why you think that R* is going to charge us for heists. I for one dont see this happening at all.

Yes heists should of been here by now especially seeing as they where talking about them when the first parts of information where released about GTAO. However we have no option but to wait and be patient and when they are finally added to the game I have no doubt that they will be free.

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Trick

• Members

Ahh speculation, the hearty back-bone of gta forums.

It's the bread and butter of this place for sure.
  • I.haigh likes this

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

So remember how R* haven't said they're going to charge for heists?  Well now it looks like people are saying they will without any sources.  If that is the case than how do you as consumers feel about that?

Don't trust people who don't know sh*t?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

It's right there in black and white.  Well, dark blue and white, but you know what I mean.  It's on the internet so it must be true.  OP made it so.

• ZeusMowat_278, ninjaontour and iainspad like this

DeadpoolX
  • DeadpoolX

Knee-Deep in The Dead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

• Xyn and SilkySkillz85 like this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Oh no, we might have to pay for additional content, heaven forbid! Does anyone other than me understand how business works?

• Alarming and DavieShredder like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by iainspad, 17 May 2014 - 03:41 PM.

It's right there in black and white.  Well, dark blue and white, but you know what I mean.  It's on the internet so it must be true.  OP made it so.
Evidence? what's that?? Isn't the fact my best friend's ex-girlfriend's cousin's best friend's baby daddy is a janitor for Rockstar NYC a credible enough source for you???
  • ninjaontour and Furry_Monkey like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

-Snip-

Well, can't argue with that logic lol.

Conker64
  • Conker64

super-mecha-death-christ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Everything in this game will be free. I am 95% sure of that

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

That massive DLC they got planned for later in the year probably won't be.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

about 10% or an hour a week of my game play is with friends.

I'm not paying for something I will barely use.

Conker64
  • Conker64

super-mecha-death-christ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

That massive DLC they got planned for later in the year probably won't be.

Anything they charge for I believe will be a massive addition to the game and will add to single player.  Anything else that only adds to online.  Unless is freaking HUGE, as in doubles the games size, will be free.  Maybe 2 huge additions that further single player story or create new ones (Much like BOGT and that bikie one for GT IV).  But you cant honestly expect to have that for free and you would be foolish to expect it

• iainspad likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

So I remember when before this game came out one of R* key talking points were the concept of heist right? Well now it's looking like we might have to pay for that feature.

We will 99.99% NOT have to pay for heists, it's one of the monthly updates. Also, all of the monthly updates have been FREE! So why would R* make us pay now? That would just be another "Shark Card" copy because it's essentially a way of saying "I bought the heist update, now I can make millions!" That's pay to win, just like Shark Cards. If anything, it would make R* look greedy, but just like I have said on a previous thread, it's good business for R*, and we would have to deal with it. I hope that's not the case and it's a free update just like how it's been since GTA Online's launch, but who knows. You might have given R* a brilliant idea there, OP ;) hahaha.

• iainspad likes this

Conker64
  • Conker64

super-mecha-death-christ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

The heists will be free for sure, or R* will feel the wrath! 

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

Heists are already out they didn't announce it. Play one of the Capture heists. More heists will be released

waters
  • waters

Prankster

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

The game is not ready for heists, still too many glitches/bugs to be sorted, rockstar are doing a sh*t job of handling hackers glitches modders and the like, I personally still think this game needs pulled, I hope for freezing to start breaking consoles, I really do :)

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:03 PM Edited by iainspad, 17 May 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Heists are already out they didn't announce it. Play one of the Capture heists. More heists will be released

That's not a heist in the general respect of the heists Rockstar have in mind. I'm expecting something of serious depth and complexity, like the in game heists (I.e. Strategy chosen by the leader, preparation and tasks to carry out before the heist can begin.)

I'm assuming the heist in its entirety (strategy, preparation) will take place in its own lobby and cannot begin the heist itself unless all tasks have been met and all members of the crew of that lobby are ready to go. I doubt something that can take at least an hour to 3 hours at worst if all agreed members of that crew don't have the time to do it, so I'm assuming you can prepare one day, and agree to meet back up again later on so you can do the heist, since not everyone has time to do something that long.

The game is not ready for heists, still too many glitches/bugs to be sorted, rockstar are doing a sh*t job of handling hackers glitches modders and the like, I personally still think this game needs pulled, I hope for freezing to start breaking consoles, I really do :)

Right, because Rockstar have not been working their asses off to fix a all these problems. Are you that naive?

Heffe707
  • Heffe707

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

As far as I know, heists weren't promised with release. But even if we had to pay for it, I wouldn't mind. It would probably be pretty decent considering the DLCs to this point have been okay, especially since they're free.

waters
  • waters

Prankster

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

That's not a heist in the general respect of the heists Rockstar have in mind. I'm expecting something of serious depth and complexity, like the in game heists (I.e. Strategy chosen by the leader, preparation and tasks to carry out before the heist can begin.)

I'm assuming the heist in its entirety (strategy, preparation) will take place in its own lobby and cannot begin the heist itself unless all tasks have been met and all members of the crew of that lobby are ready to go. I doubt something that can take at least an hour to 3 hours at worst if all agreed members of that crew don't have the time to do it, so I'm assuming you can prepare one day, and agree to meet back up again later on so you can do the heist, since not everyone has time to do something that long.

Right, because Rockstar have not been working their asses off to fix a all these problems. Are you that naive?

working their asses off? Please, they keep giving themselves extra work all the time, they do it to themselves, I think your the one who is naive

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Why does it 'look like that'

Pure speculation?

woow you must have been last in line when they handed out brains 

it doesn't matter how much money you have, it's the principle of the matter

in any case, I doubt they'd charge us for it, making enough money on cashcards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users