Photo

Why did Niko fled the museum first?

3 replies to this topic
Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

I know this is merely a way to avoid making the player 'kill' the other protagonist or get into his way, but during the diamond exchange in IV, it made sense that Johnny is the one who fled the scene first with the money briefcase. In Lost & Damned however, Niko shoots his way out of the museum before Johnny even cleaned up the first floor.

What was Niko thinking in this version of the story? did he just seriously left Johnny with the money briefcase? only to be compelled in 'getting it back' in the next mission?

So my point is, why was there even a need to retcon this scene in Lost & Damned? after Luis intervenes in the cutscene, couldn't the cutscene extend itself and show Johnny sprinting his way to the exit, thus allowing the gameplay to only begin After Johnny made his way to the outside and faces Ray's goon at the ambush? why bother start the gameplay from the museum again?

I think Rockstar wasn't sure how to treat this trinity encounter until Ballad of Gay Tony went out the door, I mean even in Lost & Damned's end credit scene it is shown that Luis was somehow shooting at the scaffoldings from the roof of the museum, why?

Not to mention the bizarre goof where Johnny meets Jim at the alley with the Lost biker who was 'supposed' to be IV's version of Jim. And the complete lack of sense that Ray will drag Jim all the way to the basement of the restaurant on the opposite of the end of town, so that Jim escapes and returns to the same damn alley he was initially left ... where he then patiently waits for Niko ... and ...

Oh for crying out loud, where's our director/remastered/ultra high def/extended edition?!!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

Niko fled the museum first because he found out they were having a "buy one get one free" sale at the local Hagen Das ice cream parlor.

• Dr. Robotnik and Niobium like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

Probably because there were pissed of Jews, Italians, and Dominicans shooting at him.

Luis sends the group into pandemonium. Ray's goons over-seeing the deal saw trouble and were trying to take down anyone fleeing the scene to get the money or the diamonds back. 

Johnny got away with the cash, fleeing from Luis' gunfire, as did Niko. 

They were both stuck fighting Ray's guys to go after the other. Like you said, they blew through there quickly so one protagonist couldn't kill the other in-game (although I think there's a couple exploits to do so without mission failure.)

Niko tells Ray he just wanted to escape with his life, and Johnny lied about the same thing. Niko is openly pissed to Ray on the phone about Johnny getting out with the cash, and this is the last time they work together.

I'm fine with how it played out, two fun gunfights, plus the high point in the diamond trilogy, one of the most ingenious story devices in a game yet. Plenty of other retcons and continuity errors in GTA to question before this.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Not to mention the bizarre goof where Johnny meets Jim at the alley with the Lost biker who was 'supposed' to be IV's version of Jim. And the complete lack of sense that Ray will drag Jim all the way to the basement of the restaurant on the opposite of the end of town, so that Jim escapes and returns to the same damn alley he was initially left ... where he then patiently waits for Niko ... and ...?!!

Exactly how much time passed in "Was It Worth It?" anyway? Ray had enough time to get rid of his goon's body, call Phil Bell to the restaurant, have a conversation with him, call over Niko, and send him after Jim. But even though it must've taken Niko forever to catch and kill Jim, by the time he did so, Johnny must still have been in the process of killing the goons Ray sent after him, otherwise Ray wouldn't have told Niko that Johnny was being taken care of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users