10 studios are working on Assassin's Creed Unity

36 replies to this topic
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

I love all the jumping to conclusions in this thread.

and Roosevelt looks like an idiot.

you guys seriously; there's no law in nature that says 'the more studios working on a game, the worse that game will be'

the number of people working on a game has literally nothing to do with anything.

and who cares how many times Ubisoft wants to milk their cash cow?

as long as the games are good, they can milk that sh*t until it's bleeding dry and their hands fall off. so far - aside from AC3 - I haven't actually played a bad AC game.

Finally, some reasonable thinking!

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

I do not like the sound of 10 studios working on one game. It's like when you have too many producers on an album, it loses cohesion.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by Zancudo, 19 May 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Comparing music producers and video game developers, is a bit inappropriate. In the gaming, 10 studios is an option that will let to develop games at fast pace and with more emphasis on details - say, one studio is working on the character models, second studio is working on the animations, third studio is working on the cut-scenes, fourth studio is working on the missions, fifth studio is working on some scripts, etc.

It might be a very efficient way to release quality games yearly. Each Call of Duty game is being made by only one studio, as far as I know - and they certainly don't draw any positives from that.

• Moonshield likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

I think you're the idiot here. I was actually saying what happens when they use so many employees and it goes wrong. AC3 was sh*t. Revelations was not an improvement from the previous one at all, and story was way below par.

What I'm saying is, if they are going to use so many employees, they shouldn't be rushing it, they should be taking more time to perfect the game, polish it more and so on.

And how does that make them fascists and deserve to die "in the worst way possible"? Figuratively speaking, of course.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

The Man Who Sold the World

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 19 May 2014 - 08:44 PM.

I think you're the idiot here. I was actually saying what happens when they use so many employees and it goes wrong. AC3 was sh*t. Revelations was not an improvement from the previous one at all, and story was way below par.

What I'm saying is, if they are going to use so many employees, they shouldn't be rushing it, they should be taking more time to perfect the game, polish it more and so on.

And who says they are rushing it? They could be working on this since AC III came out for all we know. Ubi Montreal is so massive they could have what amounts to whole average video game studio work on Black Flag, while other, similarly sized "team" worked on Unity all along. Nine studios worked on Black Flag and it was the best AC since II. Five teams worked on Brotherhood and I didn't see people complaining. And the hate for Revelations is way overblown, in my opinon. I think it was, in many ways, more original and fresh than its Roman predecessor.

It works both ways. You say AC III, I say MP3. We should wait until Unity comes out to judge whether the gamble pays off.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:49 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 19 May 2014 - 09:50 PM.

And how does that make them fascists and deserve to die "in the worst way possible"? Figuratively speaking, of course.

Okay, now you're just assuming that I said they are fascists just because I said Nazi. By that term, I meant that they are unneccesarily going overkill with the developments, using such a large scale team to work on one game. Just because there's sh*tloads of teams working on a game, DOESN'T mean that it will be a good game. Like I said, for me, AC Revelations was f*cking terrible and so was 3, and they used a lot of teams at that time too. Black Flag isn't my type of AC game because I didn't even like the story nor the setting, and a pirate themed assassins creed game did not appeal to me, but that's just me. Yeah, sure it was one of the good one's since AC2 and BH, but there hasn't even been one AC game that has been on the same level, or even beaten AC 2 and we're talking about a game that's years old.

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:03 AM Edited by Why So Serious, 20 May 2014 - 03:04 AM.

Okay, now you're just assuming that I said they are fascists just because I said Nazi. By that term, I meant that they are unneccesarily going overkill with the developments, using such a large scale team to work on one game. Just because there's sh*tloads of teams working on a game, DOESN'T mean that it will be a good game. Like I said, for me, AC Revelations was f*cking terrible and so was 3, and they used a lot of teams at that time too. Black Flag isn't my type of AC game because I didn't even like the story nor the setting, and a pirate themed assassins creed game did not appeal to me, but that's just me. Yeah, sure it was one of the good one's since AC2 and BH, but there hasn't even been one AC game that has been on the same level, or even beaten AC 2 and we're talking about a game that's years old.
Well AC II was original because no one had done on the new consoles, and there is no pleasing everybody. If they make changes to gameplay then there would be a sh*tstorm, if they keep it the same (which i don't mind) then people like you will bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch. The amount of studios doesnt matter, its all about the fans who blow it way out of proportion and think they are going overkill which they dont know because they dont see everything behind the scenes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users