54 replies to this topic
Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 24 January 2013 - 04:41 PM.

user posted image

The purpose of this topic is to share your dream destinations. You can also share your experiences in these places. Reviews of cities/towns/places you've travelled. People who put good effort in to a review will have a link to their review on the top page. It can serve as a sort of GTAForums Travel Guide. Please write more than one sentence. I don't want to see anyone just listing off destinations. Please write a few words as to why you want to go there. Remember people will be reading your posts and hopefully we can inspire each other about wonderful places around the world. Thanks

TOKYO, JAPAN

user posted image

I've always had dream to visit there. I love there advancements in technology, gaming and their food and interesting customs. Ideally I'd love to see a Rockstar game based there including the Yakuza. Doesn't have to be a GTA but any free-roaming game they could come up with haha..

Japanese cinema is always interesting too. Films like Ichi The Killer had me hooked on wanting to visit the place.
user posted image

About Tokyo:
Tokyo is an Alpha/World city and has a population of about 35 Million. Last year it was the worlds most expensive city. The city was a direct inspiration for the film Blade Runner and many other Sci-Fi films. It's one of the most advanced and populated cities in the world.

Here's a link to a cool YouTube short doc called Tokyo Revealed.

One of my favourite bands, Kraftwerk recently did a concert there. In their track Radioactivity they modified one of the lyrics to say Fukushima which was cool. The lead guy in the group also sings in Japanese and the writing in the back comes up in Japanese. It's cool considering they're a German band that started in the 70's. They're ever evolving and they sort of share that Japanese connection with their relationship with technology.

user posted image

Post the places you want to visit or have visited. Maybe the place you cherished most. Again, I wont accept lists. I want to keep this topic going so any of you thinking of travelling can refer to it for inspiration and discussion.

GTAForums Travellers Destinations:
Places our members went...
Western Sicily, Italy - ajbns87

Places our members want to go..
  • Palikari and EphemeralStar like this

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Brilliant idea for a topic. I recently asked in the Q. topic about visiting Japan, I wonder if anyone has been there, because it's a place I've always fancied visiting. (Not just Tokyo though).

I'll start the ball rolling

Western Sicily

Not sure if it can be classed as a 'dream destination', but last year I spent 7 days exploring the West side of Sicily with my other half, we stayed in a different town most days, and got around by public transport. We went in late July, just before August when most of northern Italians travel south to enjoy their vacations in the South. I wanted to revisit a different part of Italy, since I had already seen Sorrento, Naples and the Campania region the year before, and had heard that West Sicily was a little less touristy than the East.

Sicily didn't disappoint, the food was fantastic, pizza was as good as the one's in Naples, particularly in the harbour town of Sciacca on the South West Coast. The kindness of locals was amazing too, unable to find our first hotel in Palermo, one guy Guiseppe showed us the way on his Vespa. The women were absolutely stunning, plenty of eye candy, lucky I had the shades cool.gif inlove.gif ...well worth going to Mondello Beach near Palermo.

On our final three days we went to Trapani, and from their spent a day on one of the Egadi islands, called Favignana. Would love to go again. Also went to a mountain top village called Erice, but found this a little touristy...fantastic views though.

Hardly anyone spoken English, but I liked that. Also watch out for mid afternoon napping, all locals in the afternoon shut up shop, lock their doors and go to sleep. sleepy.gif

Try to go to bars and get a happy hour deal, you get plenty of snacks and two drinks quite cheaply!
At night, Italians stay up late, walk the streets and places become alive (really heart warming to hear music being played in the squares), be sure to wear your best clothes though, as Italians take huge pride in their appearance.
It's not cheap there, eating out can cost a lot, especially when most places add a lot of 'caporta'. Italians are generally tight with their money, so it's necessary to do this, as a service charge in most restaurants.

Look forward to reading other destination reviews. If anyone is thinking of travelling to Southern Italy and would like to know more, feel free to ask.

• Palikari likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for your contribution. I enjoyed reading it and will add it to the topic later when I figure it out.

Italy is a beautiful place. Only yesterday I was reading about Bassano Di Grappa, Italy. It's the town where Grappa comes from. For those of you who don't know, it's usually a fruit liquor. I've only tried lemon Grappa and orange Grappa. I remember it being strong and sweet.

user posted image

I've been to Italy 3 times to Finale Liguria and Genova which would be closer to the south of France, Cannes etc. I've never been down south and it does sound excellent. In Italy they make the nicest cocktails with proper measurements and not the restricted measurements we get in most places in Ireland, Britain and other places.

Italians are very proud people and can their patriotism can strong for some peoples tastes. However, they are lovely people. They want you to enjoy their country as they do. They are very proud of it and so they should be.

Thanks for sharing that, ajbns87 icon14.gif
  • Palikari likes this

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

i will like to wisit LC ohh i mean NY one day also Dubai is interesting
  • Palikari likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'd love to go back to the Bahamas, specifically Eleuthera:

user posted image

Also, Eilat again

user posted image

A little closer to home, Corsica (again)

user posted image

I'd also love to go to Singapore

user posted image
  • Palikari likes this

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

No worries ThePinkFloydSound.

I tried Grappa on my first trip to Italy, very strong drink. Perfect remedy for a sore throat, but not something I'd drink regularly. smile.gif
It's very relaxed in southern Italy, I like the laid back culture there most of all.

I fancy doing a bike riding holiday from the North of Italy, down through southern France and ending in Barcelona.I doubt I'll ever find the time though confused.gif .
I just can't do 'relaxing' holidays.

• Palikari likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

There's three places I've always wanted to go to. Italy, Ireland, and Dubai

I want to go to Italy because of the history, food, and architecture. Italy's been through the Roman Empire, the Renaissance, and dictatorship. LOTS of history. And Italian food is my favorite foreign cuisine, rigatoni with sausage is my absolute favorite food. As an architecture buff, Italy is home to classical, art deco, and modern architecture, among much more, building PARADISE. Italy will probably be one of the first places I go when I graduate college.

I'm interested in visiting Ireland because I have family there, and I really want to explore the culture there. I want to try different types of food, and maybe visit a major festival. I also want to see the Cliffs of Moher, I've seen pics, they look stunning.

Last but not least, Dubai. It's one of the only places in the Middle East where I can safely explore the culture without civil conflict going on. As I stated earlier, I'm interested in architecture, and Dubai's recently been springing up huge skyscrapers. I really want to go to the observation deck in Burj Khalifa, and look out over the desert. Also, I would like to take a tour of the desert in a jeep and go duneing and camping.
  • Palikari likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by Claude94, 23 January 2013 - 06:15 AM.

One place I would love to go back to someday is Niagara Falls. The falls themselves were just about the most beautiful natural thing I've seen in my life so far. I took a boat tour that takes you almost directly under the falls, there water rushing all around, mist and water droplets getting everywhere, it was very exhilarating. Not to mention, it's quite scenic. There are plenty of great viewing points for photographers. As for the surrounding areas, I felt the Canadian side in Ontario was far nicer and had a lot more going on than the US side in New York, which was simply boring and had a lot of trashy hotels and homes.
user posted image

Then there's places I've never been. Just like ThePinkFloydSound, Japan is one of the places I'm really intent on visiting someday. I'm not some anime-obsessed idiot, I really do think that the country is beautiful. The cities, such as Tokyo and Osaka, fascinate me especially. Just the sheer amounts of people who live and work there, how safe and clean they are for the most part, and how technologically advanced they seem compared to other places in the world. I also want to see Japanese countryside, going through the mountains and forests and visiting some old temples. I also love Japanese food, so of course trying things made there directly is another bonus for me.

Another place I've always wanted to see is a place many people on this forum already live: the United Kingdom. I've been wanting to go to this place for 11 years now! I actually do plan on visiting either later this year or early next year. My plan is to fly into London, get the touristy stuff out of the way, and then do other things and visit (fairly safe) places that tourists wouldn't normally go. I'd like to see the real London, not the tourist trap London. My plan after is to take a train across England, maybe stopping at various points of interest or scenic areas, and then spending a night in Cumbria's Lakes District. English countryside always struck me as being beautiful, so I decided to make the stop here.
user posted image
Afterwards, I'll go to Scotland, visit Glasgow and Edinburgh and take in the history within the cities, and see a castle elsewhere in the countryside.

And I think a true dream trip for me would be going from the UK to France, then Spain, then back up and into Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, then Switzerland and Italy, then back up again and into the Scandinavian countries. Of course, I'd stop off in every country, too, I wouldn't just keep going from point A to point B. I would love to do something like that at least once in my life!
  • Palikari likes this

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:10 AM Edited by StoneHead37, 23 January 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
There is a little backing story to my want to visit Dubrovnik. As a kid, I used to attend summer camp with my two of my brothers and a few of my neighborhood friends. For about three or four consecutive years, my counselor (the instructor who was in charge of my group) was the same person. His name was Jeremy and he was a tall, blonde, English fellow with a thick accent who loved travelling around the world. Whenever he could, he'd talk about his travels and the ones I remember in depth were Nepal, Costa Rica, Germany and Croatia - specifically Dubrovnik.

Jeremy would always tell of the beautiful shores and waters of Dubrovnik. I recall him saying, "The tides and the beaches of Dubrovnik, and I swear by this, are f*cking mind-boggling. I stood in awe for fifteen seconds watching the washing of the ocean." Among the geography of Dubrovnik, including the waters and the mountains, the architecture is amazing as well. The cobblestone houses are so well-crafted, topped with those dynamic orange roofs. The heritage and the livelihood is spectacular over there as well. I've read that there concerts of beautiful music are set-up outdoors, in addition to plays and theater assembles and cooperative games. The temperature would be perfect from me. I remember reading that in the coldest part of the year, it is something like 52 F on average. I also hear the food is wonderful in Dubrovnik, as well as in the rest of Croatia and the rest of ex-Yugoslavia. Reviews of travels to Dubrovnik I've seen rant and rave about how great the five-star restaurants are. They claim their wine, meats and desserts are knock-out dishes. If I ever save up the money and have the time, I will definitely make it my business to visit Dubrovnik and if not Dubrovnik, I'll select another spot in Croatia. icon14.gif

user posted image

As of right now, I'm dead tired, but soon (possibly tomorrow), I'll post my visits to both Norway and Sweden.
  • Palikari likes this

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Cold...

That's where I want to be. The pure white sandy beaches of Australia, yeah they're nice, but get me outta here I want to see snow and freeze my butt off.

I don't like swimming, I don't like the sun and I adore the rain and overcast. When everyone is all down and depressed on the rare rainy dark days in Brisbane Queensland I'm pepped up and singing in the rain.

user posted image

user posted image

My choices of cold would either be London or Tokyo. I love both of their cultures and I might even dabble into Canada as that place is also very beautiful.
  • Palikari and Flūttershy like this

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

user posted image

Something about Hong Kong and China in general really calls to me. The aesthetic "worlds within worlds" that you find in the labyrinth of a city sounds straight out of fiction. As an alien observer I find the culture and etiquette fascinating, and as an impartial tester I find the cuisine to be as delicious as they come. Due to my current relations I doubt I'd live there, but it would be a damn fine time while I visited.

user posted image

Las Vegas is a city defined by it's extravagances and it's penchant for over-indulgence. You're plastered by glitz and sleaze from the moment you look at it. It thrives on entertainment. The City of Sin that boasts itself as the setting of famous novels and films. It's a jewel in a proverbial desert of culture where eating a slice of cake is seen as bad, and a literal desert that so perfectly contrasts the welcoming attractions of the city that the Mojave often is the inspiration for the it's own media.

The city is an enigma and while I can't say for sure why I'd love to visit or move there, I can say that it represents itself in an unarguably unique light. Las Vegas is truly it's own and you can't find the same atmosphere elsewhere.

user posted image

This is really where I'd love to be, though. New Orleans is where I belong, to put it simple. There are inescapable echoes of the days when jazz was in and even today you'll find it's loudly and proudly played all over the city, but despite that comfort for the routine there's a burgeoning music scene that includes flavors of hip-hop, reggae and Caribbean influence, folk and more grass roots Americana that makes it a place that is unquestionably in love with music. The regular parades, marches and annual festivals would have tipped you off to that anyway, though.

The food... Dear God the food, man. I have family throughout the south and I'll always find the staples like jambalaya or red beans and rice to be my comfort food. There's a sense of familiarity, or rather a sense of personality that cuisine in New Orleans comes with, that I don't see in many professional restaurants in Los Angeles or New York. And while we're on the restaurant aspect of things, New Orleans is undoubtedly one of the best nightlife towns in the U.S. behind maybe Las Vegas. It's practically known for smoky bars and brass bands and friendly crowds of locals and tourists alike.

Problems do exist in this city and while I recognize it's very high crime rate I can't help but think the pure culture and lifestyle of New Orleans bring something to the table that, like many cities out there, you just will not find in any other city. It just happens to be almost exactly what I want in a city.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Nice reads lads. Plenty of great destinations, including my neck of the woods. icon14.gif

I think I will divide sections on the OP to Places Been and Places We Want To Go.

@sivi: Those places look lovely. Never heard of Eilat until now. Interesting place.

@natethegreatforlife: Very nice dude. Well, if you love architecture (or not) Italy will not dissapoint. Seriously, walking through old towns is just amazing. There's that majic feeling of exploration of something old and characteristic, it's like walking around a brand new GTA and being excited about every little curiosity around the place. The food is fantastic and the local wine.

As for Ireland, well that's my home. I've ashamedly never seen the cliffs of Moher. Although I nearly went in Sept when I was on tour around the country with some friends of mine that are a band who were over on a European tour promoting their album. Ireland is small, green and people are friendly. It's generally safe although there is crime it's rarely on tourists. Galway is the friendliest city I've been to. There you'll find people chatting to you randomly on the street, if you need help they'll bend over backwards. Of course the pubs are where it's at in Ireland and there are plenty of them. Another place to visit in Ireland is Giants Causeway, Newgrange which dates back older than the pyramids (about 3,200 BC)Rock of Cashel (photo of castle) and the Blarney Castle is spectacular. Due to low taxes amongst other things we get quite a few shows like Game of Thrones and The Tudors being shot in Ireland. I was an extra in The Tudors a few times. Funny sh*t..

user posted image

user posted image Rock of Cashel

@Claude94: Yeah the UK has some wonderful places. I haven't been to enough really good places though. I've been to Wales 2 or 3 times but only Holyhead and surrounding areas boat-hunting with my Dad and I've been to Scotland a few times as I have a friend there and my Mams side of the family. Edinburgh is a great buzz. The castle, the people and local pies are lovely. Scottish people are generally a good laugh and like to have the banter over a drink. Well that can be found all over Great Britain but Scots are known for it.

@StoneHead37: Wow, Croatia sounds amazing. Nearly went to Dubrovnik with the ex on holidays. I only hear amazing things about Croatia. icon14.gif

@Benjimino234: Funnily enough, i'm starting to like that weather too. I think it's maybe my bitterness towards summer now. We can have hot days in Ireland, it's just the weather hear is so inconsistent. We get four seasons in a day. You can't plan ahead. So over time I've learned to enjoy the more consistent weather of the winter.At least it doesn't trick you in to it being a nice day and then pisses on you later on haha. A city you may love in the winter is Prague. Beautiful city with old gothic architecture, extremely cheap booze and really foxy women or Cesky Krumlov in Czech as well (where Hostel was filmed).

@Tyler: Hong Kong is another place that really catches my eye. Vegas too. Has to be done once in a life-time. New Orleans is a place I never thought much of only because of my own ignorance. They way you describe the music and food down there, really makes me want to go. icon14.gif

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 15:02)
A city you may love in the winter is Prague. Beautiful city with old gothic architecture, extremely cheap booze and really foxy women

I, too, have become more inclined to go for the colder climates. I've always loved the idea of spending a winter in Prague. My uncle went one year and as soon as he started showing me the pictures I fell madly in love with the place. The other reasons you pointed out only make me want to go there more.

Another place I want to go to is Bruges. As some may have guessed, it's all down to that film, "In Bruges" (if you haven't seen that yet, sort it out). I'd heard of it way before but had no idea it was so damn beautiful. Like many other east European towns, it has a rather gothic feel to it. This only lends to its charm. Truly gorgeous place.

user posted image

user posted image

Coat.
  • Coat.

god bless the dead

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Zakynthos or Zante is a Greek island in the Ionian Sea. It is the third largest of the Ionian Islands. Zakynthos is a separate regional unit of the Ionian Islands region, and its only municipality.

user posted image

user posted image

Click here for large picture

And my reason for visiting:

• Palikari likes this

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

user posted image

Venice, Italy

Y'know, I feel that Venice is incredibly overlooked in the media. Oh yes, it's used as the backdrop in many films, TV shows etc. for "Look. This/these character(s) are in Venice. The most romantic city in the world. So it's romantic. ROMANCE." But I feel it's overlooked in terms of what it used to be.

In all of these films and TV shows, did I ever find out that Venice wasn't just a city in Italy, but a city state? In fact, a city state that dominated global trade and straddled the border between East & West? No. All it was was an Italian city where Gondoliers would warble as the characters act all lovey-dovey to each other. Or someone chases another guy through the canals on a speedboat.

But the history... Venice's past... hardly gets a mention. A city built intentionally in a 'poor' position to keep itself safe from invaders. A city formed by refugees, fleeing to the lagoon islands. A city where the earliest example of a functioning assembly line was invented - something not seen again until Henry Ford's automobiles.

It's this contrast - this peeling away of contemporary preconceptions of this romantic city to see her true, intriguing and often dark past that makes me want to visit the place. As well as the architecture - a wonderful blend of Byzantine and Western architecture fusing into Venetian Gothic. Palazzos whose front doors don't border roads and parked cars, but the Grand Canal and its many boats. The Doge's Palace - an elegant marble palace built to house the leader of Venice, while the rest of Europe locked them away in dark, confining castles. In fact, the Palace's position (right on the waterfront facing out to the lagoon entrance) was the equivalent of Venice saying "bring it on - we're right here" to her enemies. That's how confident a city she was.

Also, it'd be nice to visit a city where the human voice prevails over the traffic - where cars are nowhere to be seen (aside from the Piazzalle Roma on the very edge of the city).

I'd like to go in November, when there isn't the massive throngs of tourists heaving through the streets (as in Summer), and it also has a tendency to flood slightly... which to me, makes the city look even more 'magical'.

user posted image
  • Palikari likes this

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I really want to travel around all of the countries and islands in south east Asia like Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia etc. I love the geography of these places like all the tiny little islands, beaches and such. In particular I'd like to visit Vietnam to see some of the natural war memorials that remain untouched.

user posted image
user posted image
This kind of scenery is what attracts me, there's nothing like it in any other part of the world.

This picture of a temple in Cambodia is one of my favourites due to the fact it's so old, isolated and peaceful.
user posted image

I'm definitely going to travel to Asia as soon as I can and try and stick to the countryside and coast as much as possible.
  • Palikari likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

@TheGreatGig: I only watched In Bruges recently. I bet it's spectacular there never mind how nice the beer is there.

@coat: Looks amazing. Never been to Greece. Well, technically I have when I too a day trip to Kos from Turkey. I'd love to visit Zakynthos.

@Algonquin Bridge: Nice read man. Venice is definitely on the list. My friend was there not so long ago during the flooding. It didn't put them off, they had a wonderful time.

@gta3kuruma: Lovely photos man. I haven't a breeze about life and culture there. I bet it would be so exciting.

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi)
user posted image
Amsterdam
user posted image
Tokyo
user posted image
Melksham
user posted image
Jamaica
user posted image

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:25 AM Edited by Stefche, 26 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

Asking me what my favourite holiday destination would be is akin to picking a favourite child. I'll summarise a few of the places I've been to which really stood out to me (all of which I visited with my parents due to my youthfullness and all), before coming around to the places I really want to visit in the future.

Vienna

user posted image

Vienna is an absolutely magical place. Being a coffee lover, it would have been unthinkable for me to not enjoy this city. Almost everything about the city incited love; the people, the culture, the city structure, the architecture which, at times, made me feel like I wished I live in the 19th Century during the times of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. I still attest that, overcoming the language barrier (which I hope to overcome one day), if there was anywhere I'd want to live in in Europe, it'd be Vienna. I'm definitely going to return in the future, preferably on my own, so I can really enjoy the city.

Belgrade

user posted image

Being a Serb, Belgrade seems like an obvious choice. But, all bias aside, and given that I've lived all my life in Australia, the cultural, economic and political centre of my fatherland has always possessed a sharp intrigue. Even so, it's a wonderful city for any visitors, regardless of whether they're Serbs or not. The architecture reminds me of Vienna, but because of the mish-mash culture of the area, you can always sense a feeling of Slavic Russia, pockets of communism, especially if you branch out into the suburbs, where there are entire suburbs filled with great, socialist-constructed apartment blocks. Although they're evidently not aesthetically pleasing to the eye, it's quite surreal, especially to those with an eye and interest towards history, watching the juxtaposition from the airplane landing at Belgrade airport of old with new. Also, I always found particularly interesting looking at a few remnants from the NATO bombing in '99; as recently as 2008 (which is the last time I went; not sure whether it's still there), there are destroyed buildings which have been left untouched as a tribute and memorial to those who lost their lives in the bombing, and to those who lost their lives in the conflict in the former Yugoslavia in general.

Furthermore, the city has a kick-ass nightlife (which I didn't get to experience since I only went to the city as a child), an insanely passionate sporting (especially football), and it's not excessively large, and is easy to get around. Definitely worth a visit if anyone is thinking of going on a trip through Eastern/Southern Europe in the future.

Bay of Kotor/Boka Kotorska

user posted image

There is no doubt in my mind that, when my retirement comes around, I'm going to park myself in one of the towns around the Bay of Kotor. It's a fantastic place to relax, especially in summer, and for tourists it's neither overly expensive nor a dangerous part of the world. Most of Montenegro's economy revolves around tourism, so they make a special effort to look after visitors; some of the villas around the Bay rival those found along the Italian or French rivieras. It's also part of the same coast-line which Dubrovnik fits along (the two aren't that far apart), and culturally the cities' heritage is almost identical, except the largest town (Kotor) is considerably smaller than Dubrovnik.

On a side note, a trip throughout the former Yugoslavia is worth every penny. Again, not saying this because of my familial links, but I genuinely believe it's genuinely one of the most fascinating and interesting places one could visit. There's a good reason Dubrovnik was posted earlier.

Dubai

user posted image

Do I need to explain why Dubai is cool?! It's Dubai. Incredible place. The things the Arabs spend their money on is insane. I could be completely wrong, but I recall driving past a house which seemed as if it was made entirely of gold. Gold and marble. With a Phantom casually sitting in the driveway. Dream-like wealth.

Moving onto places I'm dying to visit:

US

I'll make this really broad and just chuck the US as a whole here. Maybe it's because I've grown up in a heavily Yankophilic country, but the US has always had a special place in my heart. I can't imagine any other country with as much cultural, demographic and geographic diversity as the US. From LA to NY to Miami to Seattle to the Mid-West and everything in between, I think I could literally spend my entire lifetime exploring every nook of the country... while leaving plenty unexplored.

In 2015, two friends and I are going on a road-trip through the south-western states; we've selected summer 2015 since, by this time, we'll be 21. We'll be driving from LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, and back to LA along the Pacific Coast Highway. Assuming we spend a few days in each city, the trip will take up 4 weeks or so which, given uni constraints, is the most we can afford time-wise. Regardless, we've been planning this trip since 2008, so I'm pretty chuffed about going. biggrin.gif

A special mention should go to the Mojave Desert. There's something about the desert which has intrigued me more than any other geographical spot on the planet. Its American Indian/Mexican heritage, its solitude, its barrenness... I dunno, there's just SOMETHING about it I love. I'm not even a desert person, and I possess no specific intrigue in other deserts, but there's just something about the Mojave which draws me towards it... Aside from the road trip above, once I just want to drive (while well supplied, of course) through the desert for a few days on my own. It'd be like a philosophical journey where I can define myself as a person and expose my mind completely to freedom. It'd be the type of place I go to to re-find myself at any time. I really, really am amazed by it. (This probably sounds really tacky to someone who lives in or near the Mojave and the south-west, but I can't help it).

--

There are so many places I've set aside as must-visit places, which I'll go into later in more detail in another post. One of them is Ireland; my best friend as a kid was Irish, with a very Republican and patriotic family, and I suppose that that has instilled a desire to visit the Emerald Isle in me. All the scenery I've seen of it has been majestic (like the background of the photo which TPFS posted), and being a whiskey lover, I think I'd enjoy the country greatly. One of my friends is a massive Irelandophile (if that wasn't a word before, it is now tounge.gif ), and he just went on his second trip to Ireland a few months back, and looking through the photos of his Facebook album reinforce my desire to go there.

Great idea for a topic, btw. icon14.gif
  • Palikari likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

You've travelled nice places man icon14.gif

As summer is drawing nearer and nearer for most of us, I'll update this topic and manage it better.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:58 PM Edited by ZDANZ96, 19 March 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Places that I wanna visit in the future, or near future:

Norway:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Guess the place smile.gif :

user posted image

user posted image

Bahamas:

user posted image

user posted image

At a certain moment of my life I will live in one of those places, without a doubt. In the end of this year I will do, for the first time, a trip to somewhere outside of Brazil. I've already chose the destination.

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

If you had the opportunity to travel anywhere, where would you go?

I'd love to travel all over Asia and Oceania. I have already travelled to Europe and America.

xxJ0n4Th0Nxx
  • xxJ0n4Th0Nxx

Who?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

Easter island. Seems a bit wierd as theres basically nothing there besides the statues, but I've always dreamed of going there. I would really like to go to New Zealand aswell, beautiful scenery there and some epic DH trails. Also many places in Europe for the same reason too, and to see the Nurburgring in Germany. Many places in the USA aswell.
  • Palikari likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

Back home to New York City...

• Palikari likes this

ThatbunnyboyReturns
  • ThatbunnyboyReturns

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

I would love to travel to North Korea and Cuba but screw the Western media telling bullcrap about DPRK and Cuba.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Broadcasting live from my mom's basement.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

El Giza, Egypt to see the Pyramids.

I'd also like to visit Manhattan. I love architecture, and skyscrapers are a rare thing around where I live.

• Palikari likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

I would like to visit London and several other cities in Europe. I would also like to visit Tokyo and maybe tour the rest of Japan. It would also be interesting to go to Australia and New Zealand as well. 

• Palikari likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Atlantis.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Japan, Italy and Australia.

• Palikari likes this

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Death has come to your little town, Sheriff.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

London, Paris, and Italy.

• Palikari likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users