Photo

Mental player state is a never ending cycle

23 replies to this topic
Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

So I'm red but I want to cool down and make my dot go white - however, whenever a white dot spots me, they try to kill me. So I have to defend my self and my dot remains red which is stupid. How long do I have to wait before it goes white? Just sit still in the same spot making sure I don't kill cops and NPCs - Another stupid thing - you kill cops and it goes red - R* messed this up big time what a stupid idea. Why do NPCs count. 

Next cops will come after us for going through red lights 

• vengeancehawk and Linkangel like this

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hop in a heli or jet and fly around blaine county for about 15-20 minutes. you'll be back to white in no time. being in passive mode speeds of the drop time, as well as being in the north half of the map.

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hop in a heli or jet and fly around blaine county for about 15-20 minutes. you'll be back to white in no time. being in passive mode speeds of the drop time, as well as being in the north half of the map.

I'm doing that now but got bored - I've been doing death matches and missions for the past hour without killing in free mode and it has not changed my dot 1 bit 

GTAForums.Talk
  • GTAForums.Talk

Your Therapist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Many players have the same problem you're having. Maybe get in a plane and go for a half hour fly. Try not to make any acts of violence and your red dot will return to white in no time. However, players are tempted to make you a red dot.

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

When's Darkstalkers?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

I found that doing jobs helps bring the meter down a bit as well. 

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Many players have the same problem you're having. Maybe get in a plane and go for a half hour fly. Try not to make any acts of violence and your red dot will return to white in no time. However, players are tempted to make you a red dot.

And another answer "jacking" this is like the third time today you have taken my answer reworded it slightly and passed it off as your own...

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Well I've been in blane county on my own in passive mode just riding around on my Motor bike and the mental state hasn't gone down 1 bit - I holded down to see the bar and its the same. Probably glitched like the bad sport timer (Stay out of there)

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Well I've been in blane county on my own in passive mode just riding around on my Motor bike and the mental state hasn't gone down 1 bit - I holded down to see the bar and its the same. Probably glitched like the bad sport timer (Stay out of there)

Definitely sounds like a glitch. Did you go psycho? or are you just red?

GTAForums.Talk
  • GTAForums.Talk

Your Therapist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

And another answer "jacking" this is like the third time today you have taken my answer reworded it slightly and passed it off as your own...

Oh. You're very welcome. :)

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

Definitely sounds like a glitch. Did you go psycho? or are you just red?

the bar is half away from being psycho - I had no idea it would stay like this forever 

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

I'm not sure what to think of this new feature. At first it seems like a good idea, because it helps you to avoid those psychos who are only out to kill everyone. But then I played the other day and realized the meter goes up by practically nothing. I shot an NPC and crashed into another one and got warned/turned red.

So in practice, I am a "nice" player - I rarely shoot first (except from maybe when my crew is going haywire and I join up with them), but by this mental state mechanism, I will inevitably turn red sooner or later. Especially because 4-5 star cop-chases are a big part of the game for me. So, therefore, I will have even more bloodthirsty psychos out for me because not only do they look for a kill, but get rewarded with extra RP for it.

I kind of like what R* is trying to do to level out the playing field, but this feature needs some tweaking IMO.

• Jehannum likes this

AFP Phat Packs
  • AFP Phat Packs

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Yeah I'm still sort of on board with it for now but I think it needs tweaked a bit. I don't think it should rise at all for killing a psychopath.

I got into it with these two guys in Jets yesterday, about an hour of stealing jets, shooting them down, them shooting me down - spawn killing each other on the ground.

Now I'm a psychopath...I was "Normal" before it started, and I'm crazy for fighting back?

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

I don't even know how to tell what colour my dot is. I was hoping it would let me tell if a troll was coming to kill me, or if someone nice was coming past. But all it does is tell people how many npcs you kill. Useless.

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Look at your blip on the in game radar for your color. It starts out a very light pink

Bensteroox
  • Bensteroox

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

I agree. Passive mode probably is your best bet. But gta is about mindlessly killing people and killing cops and stealing card. Or do rockstar just want to turn their games into a real life simulator. Next they'll force us to work in an office for 6 hours a day and get rid of all illegal ways to earn money. :/

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

Invite only session till it cools down and don't kill people... problem sorted.

Linkangel
  • Linkangel

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

I hate it. I'm a nice player too, but now i have people chasing me all the time trying to kill me. I got the red dot through a friendly crew battle. I spent 3 hours in the north of the map and the top bar only went down by half. It's ruined the game for me. People blow up my car and the insurance thing now, i have to pay for that some of the time. I have 6 or 7 people chasing me, i can deal with one or two, but it's not fun just getting blown up or spawn killed...if my dot will never go down i'm just gonna tank grief people till loan wolf comes out. 

Potato Bean
  • Potato Bean

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Mental state should be based on your actions as a whole. It shouldn't be able to top out in a matter of 2-3 hours. It should take at least a week to get full mental state, and should take twice that to make it go down. I'm normally a passive player and I won't mess with you as long as you don't mess with me, but if someone decides to spawn kill me I can either defend myself and shoot my mental state right up or leave/passive mode. Its stupid.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:17 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 18 May 2014 - 06:17 PM.

Is there some aspect where player rank comes into it? People are saying that they are seeing substantial drops in state if they don't do anything for 15-20 minutes. I'm over 250 level and if I don't do anything for 15-20 minutes, I barely see much of a difference.

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Dewbauchee CEO

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Is there some aspect where player rank comes into it? People are saying that they are seeing substantial drops in state if they don't do anything for 15-20 minutes. I'm over 250 level and if I don't do anything for 15-20 minutes, I barely see much of a difference.

It takes ages to go down for me as well.:( I'm level 211.

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

If you hold down you can what level your mental state is - It goes up really fast if you kill a couple of cops - I was testing it on my 2nd character - R* are retards for taking NPC kills into account 

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

San Andreas Serial Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I was exchanging gunfire with the cops with my tank at the airport , i went red, but turned white again without me noticing and didn't have to die to lose it, gained it back several minutes later. I suppose u can go and chill in your apt unti your sanity returns.

Lorajet
  • Lorajet

I love a man in a rubber suit

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

I agree.  I walked up to a group of NPCs and one pulled a gun on me ..really??  What was I supposed to do? I melee killed him and his friends.  Lost my shiny white dot.....

:miranda:

The Online Gamer
  • The Online Gamer

I'm a rebel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

So I'm red but I want to cool down and make my dot go white - however, whenever a white dot spots me, they try to kill me. So I have to defend my self and my dot remains red which is stupid. How long do I have to wait before it goes white? Just sit still in the same spot making sure I don't kill cops and NPCs - Another stupid thing - you kill cops and it goes red - R* messed this up big time what a stupid idea. Why do NPCs count. 

Next cops will come after us for going through red lights 

I thought this was a joke about periods lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users