A major factor in GTA Online being suckish

130 replies to this topic
JimmySaville'd
  • JimmySaville'd

Like my posts for chop

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

In all honesty, I've met a couple of 17 year olds and 1 or 2 16 year olds who seem at least half mature, but anyone below that age is a definite NO

Adult only lobbies would be the game that everyone wanted

LOOOOOL!!!!

YOU are on very, very thin ice, talking about maturity.  You chose that username.  What do you know of maturity?

I chose it as a joke... How old are you? I'm guessing you still haven't done your GCSE's

I'm a lot older than you - I assure you of that fact.

You need to learn what a joke is.  Here's a starting point - It's not calling yourself "I got raped by a paedophile", which is what you have done.

Its a joke to me, and i'm 20.. You're still clearly a early teen

Hey, OP, I've been playing GTA games since I was 7.

Does it make you mad that I used to go from playing Sesame Street Sports to GTA Vice City in one sitting?

It's amazing how so many people claim to be the "adults", but continue to whine about kids playing "their game" and constantly are calling others racial and homophobic slurs over the internet.

The truth is that I've met way more "nice" people under 18 online. Sure, some may be annoying, but at least they aren't complete jerks like the majority of the "adult" community.

I'm not going to lie, I've been playing GTA since I was 6? I've played every single one and been a fan of the series since the beginning.

But lets be honest, the time in which we grew up in in MASSIVELY different to the kids nowadays.. Kids these days are all extremely spoilt and all cocky and loudmouthed, but back when we were young we weren't spoilt and we were normal

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

i find 20 something tough guys that tell everyone to shut the f*ck up non-stop far more annoying than a kid just trying to have fun. Mute 'em and shoot 'em if it bothers you so much.

• 1DrfL likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

The problem with these kids is they just don't understand how difficult it is to make a game this awesome. I didn't enjoy GTA IV at all, and the online was boring, yet these same kids gave GTA IV super high praise, I think it even scored higher than GTA V. They made some amazing progress in GTA V, this is the best game I've ever played in my life.

I completely agree, except I did get a bit more involved with IV's SP story.

For free roam there is no contest however

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

In all honesty, I've met a couple of 17 year olds and 1 or 2 16 year olds who seem at least half mature, but anyone below that age is a definite NO

Adult only lobbies would be the game that everyone wanted

LOOOOOL!!!!

YOU are on very, very thin ice, talking about maturity.  You chose that username.  What do you know of maturity?

I chose it as a joke... How old are you? I'm guessing you still haven't done your GCSE's

I'm a lot older than you - I assure you of that fact.

You need to learn what a joke is.  Here's a starting point - It's not calling yourself "I got raped by a paedophile", which is what you have done.

Its a joke to me, and i'm 20.. You're still clearly a early teen

No, jokes are meant to be funny.  Calling yourself a rape victim is not funny.

Also, please explain why I am "clearly a early teen".  Please.  It should be most amusing.

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

I play on free aim and squeakers are a rare occurrence. 
#FREEAIMMASTERRACE

Agree, but then it does get pretty quiet in there sometimes :(

True, but I'd trade a full noisy session for a half-full quieter one.  I've not heard a squeaker singing for a long time.

Problem is with free aim is that you have to trade a full one for a 1/4 full one, at best.

JimmySaville'd
  • JimmySaville'd

Like my posts for chop

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

The problem with these kids is they just don't understand how difficult it is to make a game this awesome. I didn't enjoy GTA IV at all, and the online was boring, yet these same kids gave GTA IV super high praise, I think it even scored higher than GTA V. They made some amazing progress in GTA V, this is the best game I've ever played in my life.

I completely agree, except I did get a bit more involved with IV's SP story.

For free roam there is no contest however

Im not saying i disagree, GTA V is my favourite game of all time and I have SO much fun on it.. But it just pains me knowing that I would have even more fun without stupid kids on there who shouldn't even be allowed to play

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

-Snip-

Err... you can't tell people that they cannot post in a thread.  It's a public forum.  

Either you're ignorant, or just can't read. I don't care whichever it turns out to be. I didn't say that people weren't allowed to take part, merely that it wasn't the OP's intent to have his thread about Squeaks hi-jacked by Squeaks.

You're also an insufferable bore, and nobody cares how old you are. Stop crying about people's usernames, he obviously finds it funny, and regardless of whether or not you share his views on that, it's none of your business what he chooses to call himself. Humour is subjective, as you attempted to point out rather ineloquently, so how about leave the guy alone, and stay on topic?

Asking too much?

• JimmySaville'd likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

-Snip-

Err... you can't tell people that they cannot post in a thread.  It's a public forum.  

Either you're ignorant, or just can't read. I don't care whichever it turns out to be. I didn't say that people weren't allowed to take part, merely that it wasn't the OP's intent to have his thread about Squeaks hi-jacked by Squeaks.

You're also an insufferable bore, and nobody cares how old you are. Stop crying about people's usernames, he obviously finds it funny, and regardless of whether or not you share his views on that, it's none of your business what he chooses to call himself. Humour is subjective, as you attempted to point out rather ineloquently, so how about leave the guy alone, and stay on topic?

Asking too much?

I'm not ignorant, and obviously I can read as I was responding to this...

If you are under 18 years of age, 

THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT YOU NOT FOR YOU.

The OP clearly doesn't want input from CHILDREN defending themselves or rationalising the actions of their irresponsible bastard parents. The fact of the matter is that if you aren't old enough to play the game, then you aren't old enough to use this site.

I like how you -Snip- that out of your post.  You'll argue it was to make it a smaller post, but it was clearly because you were contradicting yourself.  You'll now argue semantics over "not for you" and "doesn't want input" and "aren't old enough to use this site".  They're all vague on their own, granted, but it was clear what you were saying.

And the topic of that so-called username came up as part of a discussion which has arisen from this thread's topic, organically.  Not every post on every thread is 100% a response to the OP, but I know you know this.  It shouldn't need saying, really.

He brought up my age, so maybe you should be responding to him and telling him how no-one cares.  I never cried about his username.  It's foul and insensitive and if you can find a way to defend it then you should look in the mirror and question your views.  And finally, I wasn't trying to be eloquent, so thanks.

Anyway, I will leave this OT discussion now and just point the moderators at him as it's clearly distasteful to most people.  Please continue the thread's main topic since that's what we're here for :)

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Can i just point out where you have gone wrong because you're probably wondering why people are giving you so much grief and i shall help you understand concisely.

1. Generalizing, your teacher should have taught you in School never to do it, yet you do it in abundance in your first post.
  2. 'suckish' isn't a word you should use if you want your subject matter to be taken seriously.
  3. Underage players are an issue but you have a misconception of why.
  4. Your username is also an issue. You want to be taken seriously on the issue of children playing mature themed video games yet you are using a rather immature and insensitive username.
  • Sugar Free Nos likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:01 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 16 May 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Well yes, kids are but one of the groups. 

I find these groups most disturbing:

- Immature kids yelling, squeeking, complaining and swearing

- Immature teenagers insulting, griefing and throwing idiotic arguments (ex: Cuz ur a f*ckin fa*got bro!)

- Unstable adults with social issues, racial slurs and griefing

- Gangster wannabe's be it white or black. Beside the insults and griefing, saying N*gga in every sentence and overall yelling slang insults.

- Trolls / Hackers no matter the age who spend way too much effort into bringing nothing but misery and annoyance to other people. Spending their entire free time griefing people for no reasons. They don't need a mic to be an annoyance.

There are the types I strongly dislike. Although there is a fair amount of good people I met. I've met kids who are around age 10 and they were very mature, very polite, not annoying at all and you could really talk to them like an adult. I've met african americans who were sort of in the gangster thing but were really polite, even to those they killed. Kept apologizing and behaving like gentlemen.

Those are basically the 5% with 70% of the community being unstable, hateful and greedy people and the other 25% being friendly, polite and overall kind and generous people. 

• Lc gta and Oz70NYC like this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Can i just point out where you have gone wrong because you're probably wondering why people are giving you so much grief and i shall help you understand concisely.

• Generalizing, your teacher should have taught you in School never to do it, yet you do it in abundance in your first post.
  • 'suckish' isn't a word you should use if you want your subject matter to be taken seriously.
  • Underage players are an issue but you have a misconception of why.
  • Your username is also an issue. You want to be taken seriously on the issue of children playing mature themed video games yet you are using a rather immature and insensitive username.

Bad teachers do tell student not to generalise, while good teachers tell students to make sure they don't over-generalise. Ironically, when the bad ones make that mistake, they are over-generalising! Meta-badness
  • ninjaontour likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

-Snip-

I snipped the entire thing because it's already posted earlier in the thread, you tool. Snipping it doesn't edit the original post. That's the point, it's proper forum etiquette to not have a quote-train taking up half the page.

Anyway, yawn. Have fun on your little crusade.

OT: It may be a useful function as part of the "Avoid Player" or "Report Player" system to get rid of Squeaks from your regular lobbies. Obviously this kind of method isn't really enforceable, but I suppose it would give us an extra layer of filtration to attempt to combat the issue.

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

They need to make stricter laws to stop 12 year olds playing 18 rated games

No way.  No f*cking way do we need more laws.... just berate them and make them not want to play if that's your thing, but leave the f*cking "law" out of it.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

No way.  No f*cking way do we need more laws.... just berate them and make them not want to play if that's your thing, but leave the f*cking "law" out of it.

There's something charming about how you really don't like law. Are you by any chance either?:

1. A libertarian

2. A clerical assistant in an understaffed courthouse

3. A criminal of one sort or another

4. A victim of litigious neighbours?

5. Just a concerned citizen

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

There's something charming about how you really don't like law. Are you by any chance either?:

1. A libertarian

3-5, plus I am an American, land of the highest percentage of incarcerated citizens on the entire planet.

Laws are important, don't get me wrong.  But only for the big things.  We need to figure out how enforce social norms as a society without ruining lives by putting kids through the system for being kids, i.e., drinking under age, being a pain-in-the-ass kid or minor vandalism and fighting and such. Too many lives (yes, mine.  I was a bad kid...) were really ruined because instead of being taught or guided in the ways of life, we get thrown in jail and that record follows us for life.  No matter what they say about "purging juvenile records".

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

If an off licence sells liquor to an underager they are fined up to £5000 and risk losing their licence where I'm from. Coincidentally cinemas are under similar restrictions when it comes to enforcing ratings. The same goes for high-street stores selling adult rated games. They face a hefty penalty and possible loss of licence if found to be selling to kids.

We also have a law here that states that if you are caught buying alcohol for kids, YOU will be prosectued. Why not have a similar law for parents who buy adult rated material for their children?

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

The community is what makes the game suck. If you over hype something then it will suck no matter how good it is. 

The community over hype it, people believe the hype and then get disappointed and then they start to preach how bad the game is.

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

If an off licence sells liquor to an underager they are fined up to £5000 and risk losing their licence where I'm from. Coincidentally cinemas are under similar restrictions when it comes to enforcing ratings. The same goes for high-street stores selling adult rated games. They face a hefty penalty and possible loss of licence if found to be selling to kids.

We also have a law here that states that if you are caught buying alcohol for kids, YOU will be prosectued. Why not have a similar law for parents who buy adult rated material for their children?

Different laws for different lands.  In the US there is no legal consequence for allowing kids to see R rated movies or buying "Mature" games.  Booze, on the other hand, is a bit different.  Personally, I support raising the driving age to 18 and dropping the drinking age to 18 as well.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

I play on free aim and squeakers are a rare occurrence. 
#FREEAIMMASTERRACE

Agree, but then it does get pretty quiet in there sometimes :(

True, but I'd trade a full noisy session for a half-full quieter one.  I've not heard a squeaker singing for a long time.

Problem is with free aim is that you have to trade a full one for a 1/4 full one, at best.

my free aim free roam sessions are usually full

most of the game modes are a different story but free mode is pretty populated in my experience

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Selling a health damaging drink (in large volumes) which contains a drug is a lot different than selling a game...

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Don't really care how old a player is as long as they are not ruining other peoples fun or being annoying, though it is better to hear someone who can talk about more than just their favourite Tele-tubby or pretend to be the stereotypical African-American gangster.

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Don't really care how old a player is as long as they are not ruining other peoples fun or being annoying, though it is better to hear someone who can talk about more than just their favourite Tele-tubby or pretend to be the stereotypical African-American gangster.

Agreed.

And it's "Black".  I know African-Americans and I know Black people.  Very different... one is ... you know, from Africa... the other isn't. Otherwise, I am a Scottish-Irish-English-Sweed-German-American.

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by Oz70NYC, 16 May 2014 - 06:05 PM.

Well yes, kids are but one of the groups. 

I find these groups most disturbing:

- Immature kids yelling, squeeking, complaining and swearing

- Immature teenagers insulting, griefing and throwing idiotic arguments (ex: Cuz ur a f*ckin fa*got bro!)

- Unstable adults with social issues, racial slurs and griefing

- Gangster wannabe's be it white or black. Beside the insults and griefing, saying N*gga in every sentence and overall yelling slang insults.

- Trolls / Hackers no matter the age who spend way too much effort into bringing nothing but misery and annoyance to other people. Spending their entire free time griefing people for no reasons. They don't need a mic to be an annoyance.

There are the types I strongly dislike. Although there is a fair amount of good people I met. I've met kids who are around age 10 and they were very mature, very polite, not annoying at all and you could really talk to them like an adult. I've met african americans who were sort of in the gangster thing but were really polite, even to those they killed. Kept apologizing and behaving like gentlemen.

Those are basically the 5% with 70% of the community being unstable, hateful and greedy people and the other 25% being friendly, polite and overall kind and generous people. 

I agree with your statement 100%. It's as I've said for months, and made a point of is a thread I started about a month ago...the community...if you wanna' call it that...as a whole is toxic. It's just a poisonous, hedonistic environment where there's literally no form of authority in place to police those who wish to be disruptive and disrespectful from those that don't. So we're forced to either except existing in this quagmire, or stay in invite only/crew sessions. Are there mature adults? Yes. Are there mature children? (who even despite them being mature...shouldn't be playing regardless if they're under 18. That's poor parenting no matter how you try to justify it.) Absolutely. But that small minority of people are pretty much drowned out by the majority that revel in creating utter chaos, in game, on the forums and anywhere else GTAO exists socially.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Agreed.

And it's "Black".  I know African-Americans and I know Black people.  Very different... one is ... you know, from Africa... the other isn't. Otherwise, I am a Scottish-Irish-English-Sweed-German-American.

The one time I try to be politically correct and I balls it up. :lol:

I agree with your statement 100%. It's as I've said for months, and made a point of is a thread I started about a month ago...the community...if you wanna' call it that...as a whole is toxic. It's just a poisonous, hedonistic environment where there's literally no form of authority in place to police those who wish to be disruptive and disrespectful from those that don't. So we're forced to either except existing in this quagmire, or stay in invite only/crew sessions. Are there mature adults? Yes. Are there mature children? (who even despite them being mature...shouldn't be playing regardless if they're under 18. That's poor parenting no matter how you try to justify it.) Absolutely. But that small minority of people are pretty much drowned out by the majority that revel in creating utter chaos, in game, on the forums and anywhere else GTAO exists socially.

It's a shame that a lot of us roll solo in Invite Only sessions as we are surely missing out on meeting a lot of the decent and like-minded players that are out there.

You're right about the poor parenting thing though.  I find it astounding that, at 3 in the morning I can go into a public lobby and hear a child with what I can only presume to be a parent (who, going by their profile, is in the same time zone as me) and guess who's being the resident douche?  The parent!

Take away most the players and the game would be fantastic.

• Surak likes this

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

I love those kiddies. It's always fun to show them the power of my crotch.

*calls chris hansen*

you aint harming anymore children after today. 

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

1. A libertarian

3-5, plus I am an American, land of the highest percentage of incarcerated citizens on the entire planet.

Laws are important, don't get me wrong.  But only for the big things.  We need to figure out how enforce social norms as a society without ruining lives by putting kids through the system for being kids, i.e., drinking under age, being a pain-in-the-ass kid or minor vandalism and fighting and such. Too many lives (yes, mine.  I was a bad kid...) were really ruined because instead of being taught or guided in the ways of life, we get thrown in jail and that record follows us for life.  No matter what they say about "purging juvenile records".

I can't argue with that

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

-: Pro Heister :-

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

I tried actually listening to a squeeker that was in love with his voice.... The randomness comming out of his mouth made me loose some brain cells and indeed the race as well. ''blah blah blah bLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH'' shutuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!! lol

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Lurking through enough of these posts on the forums I see that the 'mature' gamers are the 'bane of society,' if you really want to call it that. I've read enough of "I got killed for my bounty so I killed him 20 times until he ragequit," "This squeaker was talking on his mic so I went and spawned killed him."

If 'squeakers' are the one's ruining the game because of: their choice of cars, the way they speak and so on, and not the one's that are killing a person "30 times until they ragequit because they killed me once" then you're right, get rid of the squeakers.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

Does anyone know when the superb term 'squeaker' was coined, and who coined it?

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Just ban anyone under the age of 16 from life full stop I say... :p

That'd fix a lot of problems...

under 18....16 is still too young and it's the height of the I-can-take-on-the-world teen mentality.

Hell, make it 21.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users