Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Q] How to make Collision for Dynamic object?

3 replies to this topic
Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

Hi guys, I don't know how to create collision for dynamic object. someone could teach me?

FlameAS
  • FlameAS

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by FlameAS, 16 May 2014 - 11:15 AM.

If you want to create collision for an object you will need 3DS Max or Zmodeler and Collision file Editor, it's the same way in the two programs.

First: Import the model (If you are using 3DS Max you will need Kam's Scripts).

Second: Export the model as 3DS.

Third: Import the model to the game by using Collision file Editor (The name of the collision file should be the same as the original model name).

This is not a full step-by-step guide, so if you want a full tutorial you can search for videos or in the Tutorial section.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

If you want to create collision for an object you will need 3DS Max or Zmodeler and Collision file Editor, it's the same way in the two programs.

First: Import the model (If you are using 3DS Max you will need Kam's Scripts).

Second: Export the model as 3DS.

Third: Import the model to the game by using Collision file Editor (The name of the collision file should be the same as the original model name).

This is not a full step-by-step guide, so if you want a full tutorial you can search for videos or in the Tutorial section.

Okay, thanks for help

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

After creating the *.dff and *.col you also have to define it's properties in data\object.dat. Download a mod that adds dynamic objects to see how to do it (For example my sports mods add ball objects.) See also: http://www.gtamoddin...itle=Object.dat

Be aware of limits of *.col files. You can use collEditor to combine several *.col files into an archive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users