Photo

why do little kids like gta v's humor if they can barely understan

37 replies to this topic
TheGTAClaude
  • TheGTAClaude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

I want to ask you guys why little kids like GTA's humor if the language and vocabulary GTA V uses is far beyond their abc's.They cant understand what the character is saying and they just laugh because Franklin calls Lamar a moron.

Toiletpaper
  • Toiletpaper

Not that guy

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

Thank you for this post! I will make sure that kids won't laugh at GTA anymore!

• Moonshield and theGTAking101 like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

because gta's humor has always been raunchy w/ a twist of satire, the youngins will only understand the raunchy fart and getting high jokes.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

As far as V I have laughed a few time's mainly at Trevor's comments ,but a let down to me is listening to the radio I don't find the adverts any where as funny as they were in IV .

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

I think the OP is being a daft, generalizing moron. I know that when I was a kid, I could understand many the inappropriate jokes within GTA.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Because kids these days are growing up with the internet.

• Davo the Assassin, Alanbeales1 and Blennerville like this

hungrywhiteboy
  • hungrywhiteboy

wait what

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

there are more pressing matters in the world don't you think

SmokinZombiez420
  • SmokinZombiez420

GodSmoke

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Their parents are worthless sacks of sh*t that do a piss poor job of parenting. In truth if your parent lets you play a M rated game like this. They do not care or love you enough to do their job. 

Good parents protect their children, bad ones let them become corrupted. These are parents who also probably have no day to day interaction with their child.  The type of people who should have never had children in the first place.

I told a mother who was buying her 7 year old son this game, she was a piece of sh*t and get her parenting skills in order.  When she opened her mouth I could tell she was a ghetto worthless piece of trash that should of had an abortion.

Poor kid, just gonna be another victim of the prison institution when he's an adult.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Oh my goodness, the lovely sh*tty parenting opinion.

You sir are a f*cking moron. And I mean every word of that.

Here's why...

All the careful parenting in the world will not prevent your child from interacting with other children in school, where they will come across far worse ideas, thoughts, and jokes than they would find in a GTA video game.

And spare me.. what is your solution? Home schooling? Good way to raise an antisocial serial killer. Private school? Good luck affording tuition and lets not forget, some of these kids in private school are far more f*cked than public school kids.

If you ask me, GTA for the pre-teen child is the least of our problems.
  • tom_p1980, Ermac, Darth_Starkiller and 2 others like this

SmokinZombiez420
  • SmokinZombiez420

GodSmoke

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by SmokinZombiez420, 16 May 2014 - 10:36 PM.

Here's why...

All the careful parenting in the world will not prevent your child from interacting with other children in school, where they will come across far worse ideas, thoughts, and jokes than they would find in a GTA video game.

And spare me.. what is your solution? Home schooling? Good way to raise an antisocial serial killer. Private school? Good luck affording tuition and lets not forget, some of these kids in private school are far more f*cked than public school kids.

Mom and Dad never taught you how to deal with other idiot kids who's parents are garbage? Not my problem. Good parenting is the answer, if you don't get it, you didn't grow up with it. 

Your just a victim too, and don't realize it.  Blind fool.

Mom and Dad never taught you how to deal with other idiot kids who's parents are garbage? Not my problem. Good parenting is the answer, if you don't get it, you didn't grow up with it. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by StingrayX, 17 May 2014 - 02:42 AM.

Their parents are worthless sacks of sh*t that do a piss poor job of parenting. In truth if your parent lets you play a M rated game like this. They do not care or love you enough to do their job. 

Good parents protect their children, bad ones let them become corrupted. These are parents who also probably have no day to day interaction with their child.  The type of people who should have never had children in the first place.

I told a mother who was buying her 7 year old son this game, she was a piece of sh*t and get her parenting skills in order.  When she opened her mouth I could tell she was a ghetto worthless piece of trash that should of had an abortion.

Poor kid, just gonna be another victim of the prison institution when he's an adult.

You shouldn't talk about kids being aborted. With dumb comments and ignorant mentalities such are yours, you should have b- nevermind, I'll get in trouble. :whistle:
  • Darth_Starkiller and Bonnano like this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

Here's why...

So you're telling me YOU'RE a product of good parenting?

No, no you're not. You're a f*cking moron.

And I don't believe your story. You didn't tell off anyone's mother. And your nonchalant view on abortion convinces me you've just grown your first few hairs of puberty in the last few weeks, if that. Either that or you really are a f*cking moron.

Which just in case you're wondering, you are.
  • tom_p1980, Darth_Starkiller and Fonshway like this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'll be in the minority here who agrees with the OP. All the kiddies only seem to find Lamar saying nigga 100 times over and Trevor treating people like sh*t funny.

That said though most kids playing these games skip the cutscene, where most of the decent comedy is (not that there's a lot of that in V anyway), just so they can get to all the explosions and car chases.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

You sound like Trevor.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

Oh dear, if kids think something as unfunny as V is funny, what will their kids think is funny?

"OH sh*t HE OPENED A DOOR BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

• Scaglietti and Testarossa like this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by Bozzah, 17 May 2014 - 12:58 PM.

Become a prisoner because of a game? Are you serious? You sound like an overly religious psychopath who got brainwashed.

You should leave your house for once and stop listening to bullsh*t conspiracies...

If someone is already highly violent in general, a video game MAY be one of the triggers that lead to a bad deed, but the real problem is another source.

I play video games since like 5 or 6 and I also played lots of violent games, but I have always been as calm, friendly and social (etc) like all the other normal kids who did not play as much as me. 

I thank my parents that they let me build up my own opinions about most of the things and only forbid some stuff that was truly bad (throwing nuts/stones on neighbours' windows for example ;)), because they did not want me to get into real trouble.

Parents who poison their kids with their opinions are the ones who actually f*ck up parenting, even if they think they got their kid all under control like that. Good example would be racist parents. They tell their kids that a certain kind of people are bad, but the kids will never understand why they are bad, they just listen to their parents and become racists, too... for no actual reason.

f*ck I could keep writing for hours but I wanna keep it as short as possible because your thinking does not deserve any more of my time than this.

TL;DR : Let the kids do what they want until they start going the wrong way, then lead them to the right way and let them be then. 

• tom_p1980, ric4rd094 and Phonics_monkey08 like this

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

You need a license to fish, you need a license for your dog, but they let any idiot have a kid.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by Bonnano, 17 May 2014 - 05:37 PM.

Here's why...

You should have been aborted.

• tom_p1980 and Scaglietti like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

You know, it amazes me that there are still people who think rated M games are a danger to children. What kind of an idiot are you to believe that crap? Do you honestly think a kid is going to play GTA and then think, "This is so cool, lemme' do this in real life, YOLO!!!" If so then you need to take a step into reality.

• tom_p1980, Bozzah and Trevorphilipjfry like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

Do you honestly think a kid is going to play GTA and then think, "This is so cool, lemme' do this in real life, YOLO!!!"

Have you forgotten about the wiggers who think gangbanging is all hyped up to be cool according to GTA and the likes?

Wigger-kids.jpg

wigger1.jpg

• fac316 likes this

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hm, excuse me, no. There is no way a parent can one hundred percent protect their child from the outside world, unless they pretty much lock the child in a room for their entire childhood; kids go to school, they learn things from their peers who may have older brothers and sisters and the like.

Little story for you. I grew up with one of the most over-protective mothers you could ever meet. I wasn't allowed to leave the house alone until I was at least 10. I went on a field trip when I was 8, and my mom and grandparents tailed the bus all the way there to make sure I was safe.  Some years down the line, in spite of my mother's best efforts to protect me from all the terrible things the world had to offer, I ended up being abused multiple times by someone I'd considered a friend. I have no intention of getting into the specifics here, and the last thing I'm looking for is pity; it happened, it's done, I'm only saying this to reinforce my point.

Said point being, you can do everything in your power to be a good parent and shield your child from the world, but bad things happen regardless.

On the topic of corruption, my parents did most things by the book. They only discussed sex with me when I asked the dreaded 'question'. But, I was a self-confessed underage drinker (through no fault of my parents). For a variety of reasons, I was the frank, crude one in my friendship group. The 'ladette' for a while. I had loving parents and a stable upbringing. So. Yeah.

You can't categorize a good or bad parent on how much interaction they have with their child, especially in the current financial climate. Some parents have to work two jobs each just to keep a roof over their families heads. I agree that it's wrong for a parent to deliberately neglect their child (and trust me, I see plenty of this happening on a day to day basis), but that's a case of won't not can't

On the subject of violent video games specifically, I have mixed views on this. My 12-year-old sister plays GTA V with a number of her friends. If she was my daughter, would I let her? Honestly, probably not just yet. I mean, I won't let her watch Breaking Bad with me. But I'm basing that more on the sexual/crude context than the violence in the game. The concept of death still affects her, regardless of how graphic the show or movie may be, and she understands that what she's doing in the game constitutes criminal behaviour in real life, and is morally wrong. To her, it's just a game, and it's a social thing. She doesn't take it all that seriously; she plays in invite only sessions with her friends, and most of the time, they just drive around and change clothes and get haircuts. A lot. 

I still stand by the idea that someone who already has violent impulses may have these impulses triggered by the games that they play; but the underlying issue was already there, and didn't develop due to the game. It was already there. Everyone I know personally who was allowed to play M rated games at an age younger than 18 (usually 12 or 13), has turned out well adjusted, and their flaws are unrelated to gaming. I played titles like Devil May Cry and God of War at that age. My friends were into the Saw movies and I remember watching Hostel at age 13. In light of that, the reason I do the job I do and love it so much is because helping people is my passion, not hurting them. I don't get on the bus in the morning and automatically want to kill everyone on it. 

And we won't even go into the subject of abortion. I mean, really. 

• tom_p1980 likes this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

GTA has such a minor effect on kids, it's just a game, some of my earliest memories were of me playing GTA 1 on my brothers PS1, didnt mess me up one bit. As long as the kid I'd taught what's right from wrong at an early they'll understand.
( TBF all I did on GTA one was drive, pretending I was a taxi driver or something, never even used a weapon when I was younger
  • Alanbeales1 likes this

Arcadax
  • Arcadax

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

I'm sure kids get "some" of the jokes which is enough. I remember as a kid I loved "Airplane!" but it wasn't until I got older that I understood some of the bigger jokes...like the manual blow hole along the belt-line of the automatic pilot and that big ol' grin he has after Elaine inflates him. :D
I don't even remember that gag being there as a kid so I guess my brain just overlooked it. I'm guessing most kids do the same with GTA, they gravitate toward the gags that make sense to them and subconsciously ignore the others.

• Alanbeales1 likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Because the jokes in GTA V are so "in your face" that they lost their touch, they don't even try,

• fac316 likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

Home schooling? Good way to raise an antisocial serial killer.

Generalize much? Just because someone is antisocial  doesn't mean he's a serial killer. Take me for instance. I wouldn't dream of killing any real people. That's just f*cked up. And yet I'm a pretty big loner. Unless the internet counts.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

It isn't more so the fact that I believe that GTA is suitable for kids, it's the fact I don't want kids (unless they're actually highly matured children) playing these games. These games are intended for people who can understand and fully take in the work Rockstar puts into them, while also being able to point out the flaws. Instead they buy the game to do exactly what they did in the last one, just complete the first mission and then spend the rest of their play time either just using cheats to go and blow things up, or "pawning noobs" online.

It's like giving a fine peice of steak to a dog. The dog will eat the steak, but do you really want to waste it on a dog?
  • RiaJay21 likes this

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

GTA has such a minor effect on kids, it's just a game, some of my earliest memories were of me playing GTA 1 on my brothers PS1, didnt mess me up one bit. As long as the kid I'd taught what's right from wrong at an early they'll understand.
( TBF all I did on GTA one was drive, pretending I was a taxi driver or something, never even used a weapon when I was younger

TrevorPhillipsfry,I totaly agree with you,as I've grown up playing Grand Theft Auto,The Suffering:Prison is hell,Call of Duty,etc,etc,etc and I'm not violent,or even think violence is right,sure I'm only 15 (almost 16) and the story's about people going on killing spree's,and when they get caught,they blame GTA,now I know for a fact that most of them people would of been playing GTA and other violent games for like 24/7 and just being cooped  up in they're rooms,blah,blah,blah

• Trevorphilipjfry likes this

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hilarious how people in here talk about bad parenting, anti-social behavior and a messed up world, when the exploding conversations in this thread itself are a perfect example of those. I dunno whether or not it's the internet's fault, but people in my close vicinity have been brought up with a decent amount of respect and kindness, and I'm always surprised to find none here. (among almost every other comment section of the internet). It's true that you can't (nor shouldn't) really judge a parent if you're not a parent yourself, because I can imagine bringing up a kid in this modern and connected world is tough, but there are plenty of kids I know that are just fine. Their parents let them interact with certain products, because they know that building a shelter around a kid is not a good preparation for life. That said, they will get a proper punishment if they have a certain real life behavior emerging from 'bad' fictional influences. 

On topic about the humor though, I don't think GTA has that much of well thought, adult, multi-layer, complicated humor, unfortunately. But yeah, kids will probably laugh at other, simpler things. That said, don't you need those things to get to a more subtle sence of humor? You can't just one day have an evolved sense of humor. Every person has laughed at things when they were young, only to outgrow it and realize it wasn't that special.

• tom_p1980 likes this

ExpiredCodes
  • ExpiredCodes

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

I'll be in the minority here who agrees with the OP. All the kiddies only seem to find Lamar saying nigga 100 times over and Trevor treating people like sh*t funny.

That said though most kids playing these games skip the cutscene, where most of the decent comedy is (not that there's a lot of that in V anyway), just so they can get to all the explosions and car chases.

Loved watching Johnny kick Trevor's ass.

SmokinZombiez420
  • SmokinZombiez420

GodSmoke

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by SmokinZombiez420, 21 May 2014 - 09:25 PM.

Look at all these public schooled brain washed sheep. Bunch of idiots who have no clue what they're talking about.

Here's 2 examples below of what happens when kids get their mind warped by adult content.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ls-grandmother/  <-8 year old shoots grandparent in head after playing GTA

http://www.ibtimes.c...-trevor-1442418 <-14 year old murders both father and brother being "inspired" by Trevors character.

You keyboard jockeys think you have a degree in psychology, but really you look like a bunch of brainless retards trying to justify the lunacy of giving a child access to adult content.

Bad parenting advice all over this thread. By a bunch of virgins no less. Bunch of know it all idiots, who know nothing at all. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users