Photo

Ok, SA may be better but VC or III?!?

41 replies to this topic
Wylight
  • Wylight

Previously known as Skizzo45

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by Skizzo45, 17 May 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Easy OP.

To me, I had much better experience with Vice City than I did with GTA V. VC had much better story, much better protagonist and antagonists, much better characters, much better vibe and feel, much better features and content relative to its size.

Vigilante, paramedic, firefighter, import/export, illegal ice cream selling (child labour?), hotring cars and race, bloodring derby, dirtring, rc cars, all I can think of at the moment. GTA V was supposed to bring back and improve the classic activities we loved that IV lacked, instead of replacing them with sh*t.

You're right, HD VC in RAGE/Euphoria would have made V look like sh*t.
All these you mentioned are indeed lacking from GTA V, but they were wearing off real quick. The only things I bothered with were the stadium events, and the RC races which were difficult, the rest were bland, boring and repetitive. I suggest you check out this post from IGN called 100 little things that will blow your mind in GTA V or something like that. VC doesn't have most of these, if any at all
Apart from that,
Can you costumize cars in VC? No
Can you play a bloat of mini-games? Not really
Can you costumize your character apart from preset oufits? No
Do you have random encounters? No
Triatholns? Nope
Skidive? Nope
Scuba Dive? Nope
Get drunk while hanging out with your friends? Still, no.
All that, plus more and the overall felling of realism and immersion

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

I love it how the bulk of what you listed have nothing at all to do with GTA itself. Back in the days of III and VC, Grand Theft Auto was still Grand Theft Auto.

Wylight
  • Wylight

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:16 AM

OP reminds me of a friend of mine who says Team Fortress 2 is better than GTA IV because "thats moar intresting to play with othr ppl".
Do you compare movies by quantity of 3D-effects, famous actors and cool cars?
It's f*cking art. You can compare computers looking at numbers, but not art.

About VC, for me it's the worst GTA ever. It's boring and lifeless. I played only few first missions and deleted it. I never got vibe I got in IV, III or SA.

Who said it's all bout graphics or eye candy here? The little things are the ones that blow me away in GTA IV/GTA V. Throughout playing GTA IV I constantly had a lot of wow moments. For example, I remeber pointing my gun at a guy in IV who was carring some bags of groceries and he droped it and all the stuff that was inside got thrown out, I could see every item in his bag in detail, that's just one thing. I don't think I ever felt so immersed in game like I did in 4, the only games that closed on that are V obviously, TES games and Far Cry 2 from what I've played.

Wylight
  • Wylight

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by Skizzo45, 17 May 2014 - 11:14 AM.

I love it how the bulk of what you listed have nothing at all to do with GTA itself. Back in the days of III and VC, Grand Theft Auto was still Grand Theft Auto.

I love it how you're being biased. If these thing were in VC or III, you wouldn't say the same thing about them.What does exactly have to do with GTA then in your opinion if these things don't? I agree there isn't too much illegal stuff like drug trafficking or gang wars but VC didn't have any of that either apart from selling drugs in an ice-cream van. The only ones that got over that are SA and 4 with it's episodes. If they had re-used and re-hashed these things that you deem as being relevant to GTA just because older games had it, then people would whine they don't add new stuff. And the basic "steal a car, kill everyone you see" GTA gameplay is still there as always I don't see it being different in a bad manner.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by universetwisters, 17 May 2014 - 12:29 AM.

I love it how you're being biased. What does exactly have to do with GTA then in your opinion if these things don't? I agree there isn't too much illegal stuff like drug trafficking or gang wars but VC didn't have any of that either apart from selling drugs in an ice-cream van. The only ones that got over that are SA and 4 with it's episodes. If they had re-used and re-hashed these things that you deem as being relevant to GTA just because older games had it, then people would whine they don't add new stuff. And the basic "steal a car, kill everyone you see" GTA gameplay is still there as always I don't see it being different in a bad manner.

I don't think you're seeing the point. What I'm trying to say is that VC and III both involved criminal stuff more often than not. Now flash forward to GTA 5. You have pointless television/movies, triathlons, golf, and so forth. Can you buy property in V? Yes. Can you interact with it in the same way as you could in VC? No. If anything, GTA 5 is more quantity over quality. I'll admit, there's some good stuff it brought to the table, like an expanded phone system and a much more fluid cover/shooting system than IV. That being said, I hope GTA 6 is more crime-based as opposed to sitting around and doing minigames like Mario Party.

And try not to double post. It's looked down here pretty big.

• Blennerville likes this

Rizqan
  • Rizqan

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

Only one thing that I like in GTA SA and GTA V: Driveable planes.

Wylight
  • Wylight

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:22 AM Edited by Skizzo45, 17 May 2014 - 11:33 AM.

I love it how you're being biased. What does exactly have to do with GTA then in your opinion if these things don't? I agree there isn't too much illegal stuff like drug trafficking or gang wars but VC didn't have any of that either apart from selling drugs in an ice-cream van. The only ones that got over that are SA and 4 with it's episodes. If they had re-used and re-hashed these things that you deem as being relevant to GTA just because older games had it, then people would whine they don't add new stuff. And the basic "steal a car, kill everyone you see" GTA gameplay is still there as always I don't see it being different in a bad manner.

I don't think you're seeing the point. What I'm trying to say is that VC and III both involved criminal stuff more often than not. Now flash forward to GTA 5. You have pointless television/movies, triathlons, golf, and so forth. Can you buy property in V? Yes. Can you interact with it in the same way as you could in VC? No. If anything, GTA 5 is more quantity over quality. I'll admit, there's some good stuff it brought to the table, like an expanded phone system and a much more fluid cover/shooting system than IV. That being said, I hope GTA 6 is more crime-based as opposed to sitting around and doing minigames like Mario Party.

And try not to double post. It's looked down here pretty big.
Yes, like I said, there was a lot of wasted potential especially with the SP heists and Franklin that needed gang wars and all that stuff but I don't see how VC and III do better, yes their stories were more grimy and involved in crimes and stuff but after the stories, there was nothing at all of that, absolutely nothing of which is missing from V. GTA IV and V were designed around realism, hence you being able to even watch TV, surf a fictional web etc. which are very unique and add more immersion and realism than ever, a believeable background to the world of the game, and GTA IV and V they have more replay-ability at least.
Don't worry, GTA VI will be bashed same as V for one reason or another.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

GTA4 and GTA5 are missing funny radio commercials like this

and they are also missing radio stations that have good playlists like this

ill gladly give up tv, phone, internet, yoga.....etc. and lots more of that pointless annoying waste of disk space that GTA4 and 5 have for good radio. Good radio is very important and GTA4 and 5 dont have it.

Wylight
  • Wylight

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:21 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 17 May 2014 - 01:26 PM.

GTA4 and GTA5 are missing funny radio commercials like this

and they are also missing radio stations that have good playlists like this

ill gladly give up tv, phone, internet, yoga.....etc. and lots more of that pointless annoying waste of disk space that GTA4 and 5 have for good radio. Good radio is very important and GTA4 and 5 dont have it.

That is subjective and relative my friend. While I agree that the soundtrack is better in VC, there are plenty of funny commercials and stuff in GTA IV and V, especially, Lazlo on Integrity in GTA IV was really great. Apart from that. If you ever bothered much with the web sites you would've found lots of good and funny reads.
Also, I'd never give up actual gameplay features for funny commercials or good songs. Do you play GTA to listen to the radio or what?
Good driving physics are more important than the radio. I never even pay too much attention to the radio, I'm too focused on the driving and what's going on in the city.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Good radio is very important and GTA4 and 5 dont have it.

Your opinion isn't a fact. Just saying.

Wylight
  • Wylight

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:34 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 17 May 2014 - 01:36 PM.

"I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you" - Tommy vercetti

That and so many other reasons is why VC will always be my favourite GTA

ya agreed, the cutscenes and dialogue was so much better, fun and to the point in VC compared to GTA5 where you have cutscenes that just drag on and on with pointless and very annoying/painful shouting back and forth - e.g. any dialogue between michael and trevor.

GTA SA while very good, was also really the start of a lot of the stuff i know hate in the HD GTA's - like the internet, and long drawn out and boring cutscenes/dialogue etc....

One thing i really hate about the HD games is the gameplay - compared to the 3D games it so unfun. Fun > realism(so called realism). The RAGE engine physics and mechanics of everything is just so not fun it annoys me.
I take the original over a HD remake of Vice City any day. (a new engine could be a different story as long as its not 'realistic' like gta4 and gta5)
The realism is exactly what make GTA IV and V so good. They're so believable and so immersive it's incredible. One thing that was very fun in GTA IV was driving a car over to side walks and hit evrything in sight. The physics and how every object was destroyed in detail made it golden. In the 3D era you could of course do that but it was nowhere near as fun as in V and IV especially, with the cars being sent all over the place when you hit something, now matter how small that something was and almost no matter how big your vehicle was.
Also, FUN is objective. What you may deem as fun, I may deem as boring and vice versa.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Good radio is very important and GTA4 and 5 dont have it.

Your opinion isn't a fact. Just saying.

Very little in life is fact, its not fact that The Godfather Part 3 is the worst but it is the popular opinion.

"I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you" - Tommy vercetti

That and so many other reasons is why VC will always be my favourite GTA

ya agreed, the cutscenes and dialogue was so much better, fun and to the point in VC compared to GTA5 where you have cutscenes that just drag on and on with pointless and very annoying/painful shouting back and forth - e.g. any dialogue between michael and trevor.

GTA SA while very good, was also really the start of a lot of the stuff i know hate in the HD GTA's - like the internet, and long drawn out and boring cutscenes/dialogue etc....

One thing i really hate about the HD games is the gameplay - compared to the 3D games it so unfun. Fun > realism(so called realism). The RAGE engine physics and mechanics of everything is just so not fun it annoys me.
I take the original over a HD remake of Vice City any day. (a new engine could be a different story as long as its not 'realistic' like gta4 and gta5)
The realism is exactly what make GTA IV and V so good. They're so believable and so immersive it's incredible. One thing that was very fun in GTA IV was driving a car over to side walks and hit evrything in sight. The physics and how every object was destroyed in detail made it golden. In the 3D era you could of course do that but it was nowhere near as fun as in V and IV especially, with the cars being sent all over the place when you hit something, now matter how small that something was and almost no matter how big your vehicle was.
Also, FUN is objective. What you may deem as fun, I may deem as boring and vice versa.

its so immersive!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users