Photo

Ok, SA may be better but VC or III?!?

41 replies to this topic
Skizzo45
  • Skizzo45

The American

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:51 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 15 May 2014 - 11:00 PM.

Seriously, how can some people say that VC or III are better games than V? I mean it can be proven with facts that GTA SA has some content over GTA V but saying III or VC have more content or replay-ability or that are better is like claiming a 400 lbs fat-ass can outrun an athletic dude at a triathlon.

I literally got this reply on YouTube from a guy who was screaming bloody murder and trying to convince me of the following:

"For one GTA V had more variety to VC and 3 but VC and 3 had more quantity of the missions....Let's say V has 10 different missions and 3 has 5. V has about 3-5 different versions of that mission where 3 would have 15 versions. Hence it having more content"

And I'm pretty sure he believed it himself. I understand the nostalgia but let's not start sounding like moronic fanboys who talk nonsenses

thc_404
  • thc_404

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

There's no accountting for taste...

Eminem!
  • Eminem!

Mr Massacre

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

Vice City is for the nostalgia, if you played it when it first came out it was amazing, far better than what I thought about playing GTA V when it came out.

• fac316 likes this

Skizzo45
  • Skizzo45

The American

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Vice City is for the nostalgia, if you played it when it first came out it was amazing, far better than what I thought about playing GTA V when it came out.

It's not only the first GTA I played, but it was the very first true PC game I've played, If there is anyone who should be nostalgic here then that's me. Again, I was talking about the guys who claim it's a better game trying to come up with facts that don't exist, and end up with something like the example I made in the op.

Yes but that becomes a problem when they force their tastes down other people's thoats with facts pulled out of their asses and then say '' It was just my opinion, chill out''

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:04 PM Edited by Official General, 15 May 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Easy OP.

To me, I had much better experience with Vice City than I did with GTA V. VC had much better story, much better protagonist and antagonists, much better characters, much better vibe and feel, much better features and content relative to its size. Therefore I think VC was better than V, regarding my own personal experience with both games. It's nothing to do with nostalgia, it's just my genuine conclusion and opinion.
  • AnDReJ98, ViceCityStalker and Blennerville like this

Skizzo45
  • Skizzo45

The American

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:10 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 15 May 2014 - 11:19 PM.

Easy OP.

To me, I had much better experience with Vice City than I did with GTA V. VC had much better story, much better protagonist and antagonists, much better characters, much better vibe and feel, much better features and content relative to its size. Therefore I think VC was better than V, regarding my own personal experience with both games. It's nothing to do with nostalgia, it's just my genuine conclusion and opinion.

Honestly, I never liked too much any of the stories and/or characters of any GTA game, for me it was all about gameplay. Yet again, the things that you mentioned are subjective and relative. What annoys me is when people come at me with supposed idiotic  ''facts'' that they think of as being objective and relevant as of why these games have ''more content'' or are more ''fun'' to play. Your experiene may have been better because the typical GTA formula was still fresh. 11 years later, your expectations and pretentions with GTA V have probably increased dramatically. Let's pretend that both GTA VC and V would have released at the same, VC being build up on the same RAGE engine to match up the graphics, physics, etc, I highly doubt people would still think about VC the same way if they had met it the same day they met V.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:19 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 15 May 2014 - 11:22 PM.

Nostalgia glasses glued to people's eyes, mostly. Only a few decent arguments saying those two games are better. III and VC only have charm, imo. 

• Skizzo45 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by Official General, 15 May 2014 - 11:51 PM.

Easy OP.

Honestly, I never liked too much any of the stories and/or characters of any GTA game, for me it was all about gameplay. Yet again, the things that you mentioned are subjective and relative. What annoys me is when people come at me with supposed idiotic  ''facts'' that they think of as being objective and relevant as of why these games have ''more content'' or are more ''fun'' to play. Your experiene may have been better because the typical GTA formula was still fresh. 11 years later, your expectations and pretentions with GTA V have probably increased dramatically. Let's pretend that both GTA VC and V would have released at the same time at the same time, VC being build up on the same RAGE engine to match up th graphics, physics, etc, I highly doubt people would still think about VC the same way if they would have met it the same day they met V.
You must be kidding! If VC was made using the same HD tech as V, I'd very much prefer it over V even more ! I'd be over f*cking moon if it had a similar map size to V too! I think you're wrong - many people would prefer VC, I reckon at least half of all GTA fans. Just my opinion.

But I would say factually that relative to to size, VC had a lot more features and content to offer than V did. Whether you thought it was better or not that what V's offerings is another matter though. I certainly thought VC was better.
  • B Dawg and fac316 like this

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Vice City is my Fav game (didn't say it was the best gta) because when I played it at the time, no game comes close to blowing my mind the way VC did, SA came close, but CJ was a lame protag compared to Tommy V.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

Moved to GTA Series chat.

• ViceCityStalker likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

Claims that forcing opinions down people's throat is wrong
Tries to force the opinion the V is better than III and VC down our throats.

The logic here is outstanding
  • SonOfLiberty, Ermac., ViceCityStalker and 2 others like this

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:07 AM

"I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you" - Tommy vercetti

That and so many other reasons is why VC will always be my favourite GTA

Although I still think GTA V is amazing.

• ViceCityStalker and Blennerville like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

You see OP V is just missing I dunno that something that special something....be a good game for once...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Seriously, how can some people say that VC or III are better games than V?

You remind me of those people who prefer corny, poorly-written action flicks as opposed to cinematic masterpieces. 

• Official General, TJGM and ssbawesome like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:13 AM

You remind me of those people who prefer corny, poorly-written action flicks as opposed to cinematic masterpieces. 

Give a man sh*t for enjoying himself. Amirite?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

Give a man sh*t for enjoying himself. Amirite?

Forgive me for having an opinion

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:15 AM

I disagree. Although I slightly prefer GTA III over GTA V I think VC holds its own much better.

VC definitely has some content over GTA V. GTA V doesn't have an airport interior or shopping mall. Something I'm surprised the later games just lack in general.

VC has better melee weapons such as katanas, chainsaws, machetes, screwdrivers, meat cleavers etc.

I even think VC's empire building sh*ts on the properties in GTA V. I mean at least it actually feels like I'm the boss in VC. In GTA V the properties make me feel like I'm an employee rather than the boss and they feel out of place in the context of the story. Hell at least in VC and GTA III for that matter you get incremental rewards for completing side missions.

GTA V actually holds back some unlock able outfits until the end of the game. Like the motox outfit for example.

Even though both games have smaller maps and not as many features there's many reasons why people like them over GTA V. Don't like it? Tough sh*t I guess.
  • Official General, theNGclan, TJGM and 4 others like this

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

GTA III - IV are all better; III being my favourite. Preference for a game doesn't equate to how much content they have. V makes for a nice city simulator, but there's no game on top.
  • Official General likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:24 AM Edited by B Dawg, 16 May 2014 - 08:24 AM.

Easy OP.

To me, I had much better experience with Vice City than I did with GTA V. VC had much better story, much better protagonist and antagonists, much better characters, much better vibe and feel, much better features and content relative to its size.

Vigilante, paramedic, firefighter, import/export, illegal ice cream selling (child labour?), hotring cars and race, bloodring derby, dirtring, rc cars, all I can think of at the moment. GTA V was supposed to bring back and improve the classic activities we loved that IV lacked, instead of replacing them with sh*t.

You're right, HD VC in RAGE/Euphoria would have made V look like sh*t.

• SonOfLiberty, Official General, AnDReJ98 and 1 other like this

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

quality > quantity

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

I disagree. Although I slightly prefer GTA III over GTA V I think VC holds its own much better.

VC definitely has some content over GTA V. GTA V doesn't have an airport interior or shopping mall. Something I'm surprised the later games just lack in general.

VC has better melee weapons such as katanas, chainsaws, machetes, screwdrivers, meat cleavers etc.

I even think VC's empire building sh*ts on the properties in GTA V. I mean at least it actually feels like I'm the boss in VC. In GTA V the properties make me feel like I'm an employee rather than the boss and they feel out of place in the context of the story. Hell at least in VC and GTA III for that matter you get incremental rewards for completing side missions.

GTA V actually holds back some unlock able outfits until the end of the game. Like the motox outfit for example.

Even though both games have smaller maps and not as many features there's many reasons why people like them over GTA V. Don't like it? Tough sh*t I guess.

You answered and destroyed the OP's views in this one post alone  :^:

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

I just don't know what to add anymore. Official General, SoL and B Dawg explained everything petty well. And i really hope next game is in Vice City and business system should return since it's far better than most of features from V.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by Blennerville, 16 May 2014 - 04:48 PM.

ya agreed, the cutscenes and dialogue was so much better, fun and to the point in VC compared to GTA5 where you have cutscenes that just drag on and on with pointless and very annoying/painful shouting back and forth - e.g. any dialogue between michael and trevor.

GTA SA while very good, was also really the start of a lot of the stuff i know hate in the HD GTA's - like the internet, and long drawn out and boring cutscenes/dialogue etc....

One thing i really hate about the HD games is the gameplay - compared to the 3D games it so unfun. Fun > realism(so called realism). The RAGE engine physics and mechanics of everything is just so not fun it annoys me.

I take the original over a HD remake of Vice City any day. (a new engine could be a different story as long as its not 'realistic' like gta4 and gta5)

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by watchclock, 16 May 2014 - 04:45 PM.

I think VC for the humour and the line "one day I'm going to save your life and you're probably going to want to kiss me" - if you don't remember it it's in the 10th anniversary trailer.

tehSpitefulPotato
  • tehSpitefulPotato

Shrek is love, Shrek is life

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

OP reminds me of a friend of mine who says Team Fortress 2 is better than GTA IV because "thats moar intresting to play with othr ppl".

Do you compare movies by quantity of 3D-effects, famous actors and cool cars?

It's f*cking art. You can compare computers looking at numbers, but not art.

About VC, for me it's the worst GTA ever. It's boring and lifeless. I played only few first missions and deleted it. I never got vibe I got in IV, III or SA.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Twisters why you being such a KUT mongoloid?V in it`s own right is a semi-decent mooi-ish game I was just stating the obvious fact that all other entries had it`s own special vibe that made it unique,V on the other hand seems to just tick things off by the numbers alot of the time.

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Although I still think GTA V is amazing.

Your avatar is made of win. High five!

In the end, I'd pick GTA III over GTA V any day due to the fact that I can't seem to be able to take off my nostalgia glasses. The atmosphere of III is just so memorable. The nostalgia will live on.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

Twisters why you being such a KUT mongoloid?V in it`s own right is a semi-decent mooi-ish game I was just stating the obvious fact that all other entries had it`s own special vibe that made it unique,V on the other hand seems to just tick things off by the numbers alot of the time.

It was good in some parts, but it flopped in others. VC's plot, while it didn't have multiple robberies or explosions, didn't feel like a tacky Michael Bay movie. That being one example.

• ssbawesome likes this

Skizzo45
  • Skizzo45

The American

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Easy OP.

Honestly, I never liked too much any of the stories and/or characters of any GTA game, for me it was all about gameplay. Yet again, the things that you mentioned are subjective and relative. What annoys me is when people come at me with supposed idiotic  ''facts'' that they think of as being objective and relevant as of why these games have ''more content'' or are more ''fun'' to play. Your experiene may have been better because the typical GTA formula was still fresh. 11 years later, your expectations and pretentions with GTA V have probably increased dramatically. Let's pretend that both GTA VC and V would have released at the same time at the same time, VC being build up on the same RAGE engine to match up th graphics, physics, etc, I highly doubt people would still think about VC the same way if they would have met it the same day they met V.
You must be kidding! If VC was made using the same HD tech as V, I'd very much prefer it over V even more ! I'd be over f*cking moon if it had a similar map size to V too! I think you're wrong - many people would prefer VC, I reckon at least half of all GTA fans. Just my opinion.

But I would say factually that relative to to size, VC had a lot more features and content to offer than V did. Whether you thought it was better or not that what V's offerings is another matter though. I certainly thought VC was better.

I completed VC 2 times and dumped tons of hours on random gameplay but I never saw the wealth of content you so talk that supposely puts GTA V to shame.
And I meant if VC was to be released alongside V, for the first time, not as a remake but as a new game with the exact same content, and map size of course but just build around the same engine, I highly doubt half of the fans would have taken it over V

Skizzo45
  • Skizzo45

The American

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:47 PM

A shoppig mall and an an airport that are pretty much uselss apart from the stores you find in the mall, stores that are all around the map.

The "empire building" feature you praise so much is nothing but the actual storyline campaign of the game. In GTA V, the property management is a side thing hence it being pretty sh*tty. In VC, you had to buy those properties and complete their missions to unlock the actual final mission of the game. There was nothing repeatable, they were all main missions in fact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users