Times played through Story?

70 replies to this topic
BreakdownFace
  • BreakdownFace

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

How many times have you played through the Story? I'm on my 2nd playthrough right now.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

Twice
  • Chips237 likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 15 May 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Currently on my third playthrough. First time around I lost the Space Docker (before I learned about the save editor), and the second time around is my 98.6% save (my highest one, and all that's left for me to do is the stunt jumps). Both times I've used cheats in between missions, so this time around I'm going for 100% without cheats, or using the save editor.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

Whenever I use cheats, I turn off autosave, and avoid saving manually, so it gets saved as 100% cheat free

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by Official General, 16 May 2014 - 02:18 AM.

Just the once bro . Since I first finished it back in November last year, I've not bothered to play it again. I just don't think the story was that good enough to motivate me to wanna play it again like previous GTAs. I also just can't bear to go through all that boring FIB crap again.

• Shenmue18, Drunken Cowboy and ric4rd094 like this

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

Im on my 3rd, but half the time I hate doing those filler missions like scouting the port, if it wasn't for ish like that it'd be my 5th,

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

Twice. It was the first GTA that made me to do so.

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

Completed story twice. Finished the 2nd about 1-2 weeks ago.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:03 AM

Once.

Waiting for the PC version. Then I'll blow my load 4 times over until the story is engraved in my mind like a scar. For better or for worse. 

jp9865
  • jp9865

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

Im on my 3rd, but half the time I hate doing those filler missions like scouting the port, if it wasn't for ish like that it'd be my 5th,

I just started my 4th and 2 missions in I asked myself why? Why am I doing this to myself! But I keep going back to it. Something just makes me want to play it.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

I've played through it twice. Once when it was released and the second time was around Feburary.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

let's get blown

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

Twice. The second time I 100%'d it and used the stock market tips to amass considerate amounts of cash. Now that that save is gone, i've been doing it all over again.

really don't want to do the nuclear waste again

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

Just the once. 100%ed it in less than a month. I'm happy there was the mission replay feature for me to carry out the heists in the alternate way, because there's no way anyone would make me go through the whole story again and put up with mind-numbingly drawn out and tedious missions such as "Scouting the Port", "Did Somebody Say Yoga" etc. The dialogue and script was nowhere as smart, amusing or satirical as it thought it was and it gave the impression that the writers were so far up their own backsides thinking how cool and "with it" they were. I've only been back to play it very rarely for some of the fun missions, but the dumbed down Mario Kart Slot Car physics and the watered down Euphoria engine is a gamebreaker for me when it comes to replay value and just messing around in the game.

• Official General, Ermac. and a20characterusername like this

OMGmyFACE
  • OMGmyFACE

Badder Den Dem

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

Just the once...

The dialogue and script was nowhere as smart, amusing or satirical as it thought it was and it gave the impression that the writers were so far up their own backsides thinking how cool and "with it" they were...

Same here and for the same exact reason. I could try to make it sound deeper than it actually is by saying "oh, but California culture is about being so smug and self-absorbed so the game really captured Repo Man LA-weird" but Namor knows what's up. It screamed "this is how funny and topical we are" at around the 74,138th time I heard "millennial f*ckwad" "it's darwin, baby" or "you turd!" No way am I dealing with that again.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:43 AM Edited by universetwisters, 16 May 2014 - 01:44 AM.

Three.

And I picked ending C for each of them. Hate me Trevor/Michael haters

• Wolfhuman likes this

jp9865
  • jp9865

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:43 AM

Three.

I did the same for some reason. Don't know why I always plan to kill Michael cause obviously he needs to die! :) but I always change my mind by the end.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

Three.

I did the same for some reason. Don't know why I always plan to kill Michael cause obviously he needs to die! :) but I always change my mind by the end.

What keeps me from killing any of them is because I know for a fact that after I kill them, I'm going to want them back.

• Wolfhuman likes this

jp9865
  • jp9865

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:57 AM

Yeah my friend just said the same thing. He killed Michael and then started again because he wanted him back.
But I have saves of all my 3 100% option C playthroughs so I could easily have killed Mike in one and Trevor in another.

MetalliDeth91
  • MetalliDeth91

Hatredcopter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

Twice. Once when I had it on the Xbox 360 and once more when I got it for PS3. 

Voggens
  • Voggens

Can I come up for a nice.. hot coffee?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

Three times and I also picked C in each one.

First was focused more on Franklin - skills, hours spent.

Second was focused more on Michael - skills, hours spent.

And third was focused more on Trevor - skills, hours spent.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Krayzie83
  • Krayzie83

Thug-N-Harmony

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

Completed story twice, currently struggling to complete it a 3rd time (can't be compelled to finish, b/c online is more tempting and the story isn't all that good) 

1st time, original play through file got corrupted, had to delete.

2nd time to make up for corrupted original file.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

How many times have you played through the Story?

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

I finished GTA 5 7 times on Xbox 360, the last one is my actual save game that i made 100% on it, about 270 hours of gameplay xD

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

4 times. 3 times to get each ending and another to get Death Wish again.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

Once only. I'll play through it again when I'm going for that Solid Gold Baby trophy. I also like to make lengthy reviews, but I, as opposed to anyone else, let the game ripen for a long time. You can be blinded by a fresh game. Give it a year, see how you like it then.

ViceCityNative4Life
  • ViceCityNative4Life

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

3 times

Once on ps3, and twice on 360. I did it the second time on 360 because I wanted to get the unmarked cruiser. Now that I have 6 saved with franklin, three saved with Michael, and one with Trevor, I don't see the need to start another play through. Maybe sometime in the future though

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Second time, don't trying to rush it. Taking it slowly.

Just the once bro . Since I first finished it back in November last year, I've not bothered to play it again. I just don't think the story was that good enough to motivate me to wanna play it again like previous GTAs. I also just can't bear to go through all that boring FIB crap again.

Your loss, the game has much more to offer than you think. More than Gta San andreas, You get unique dialogue and other fun things. So many details.

Three times and I also picked C in each one.

First was focused more on Franklin - skills, hours spent.

Second was focused more on Michael - skills, hours spent.

And third was focused more on Trevor - skills, hours spent.

Good choices, probably the way that it should be played. Exploring each protagonist.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

Waiting for PC version.  :cry:

Starscream_910
  • Starscream_910

Undercover Mod

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

Once- not in a hurry to play it again funnily enough. Will probably replay when I've forgotten what happens, and choose a different ending this time XD

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by Official General, 16 May 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Second time, don't trying to rush it. Taking it slowly.

Your loss, the game has much more to offer than you think. More than Gta San andreas, You get unique dialogue and other fun things. So many details.

Believe me, I wish I could have enjoyed this game as much as you and others who love it, but I just can't. It simply did not live up to my expectations or satisfy me for most part. I did a bit of free roaming after finishing V's story, and once in a blue moon I still do - I did some free roam for the first time recently in months. 

The story in V is definitely not something that I wanna play again, so trust me there is no loss there. If they add more decent SP DLC to greatly improve my experience, then I may play the story again. As it stands now, i just don't feel like it.

San Andreas is not my favorite GTA, but I still personally think that SA has more to offer than V does - that's how I felt when I compare my experiences with both games. And guess what ? I only completed SA's story just once too, but only because it took me so long to complete it (I got stuck on one part), and by the time I did, I was beginning to take an interest in the PS3 and next-gen gaming. But I continued to do a great deal of free roaming in SA long after finishing the story, because there was so much to do outside of the story. 

• Drunken Cowboy, ric4rd094 and chrisscorsese88 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users