Has the Z-Type been nerfed?

63 replies to this topic
elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

There's no for me or you. It was the fastest sports classic, end of story.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You can look but that fine ass is all mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yep hope they fix it in 1.14

I hope they don't.  It's WAY out of place.
It cost 950k it should be competitive in it's class which it currently is not.
The cost has nothing to do with the performance. A 1930's Bugatti is more expensive then a 1960's Lambo but is also slower

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

...it was still quicker than the Monroe. 

Monroe may have slightly better acceleration through the gears and also handles the corners better. But the Z-Type was certainly, 100% faster, especially in races, before this patch. 

• Fearx--, Inbred Walrus and TheGoodSgtScooter like this

Dru Mane
  • Dru Mane

Commisioner of Straight Gwap Bandit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Might as well get the Monroe for the sport classic class... Best in all categories and less expensive!

Belch
  • Belch

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Making the z-type so fast was an obvious error on rockstar's part. Sorry, but it would be akin to making the zentorno as fast as a bf surfer. Just somebody somewhere in the master rockstar programming headquarters had a few too many cups of coffee and gave the z-type completely unrealistic performance.

It really should be slower than a tornado.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Logic = 0

The Thrust costs 75k making it the most expensive bike but it isn't competitive in it's class.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:12 PM Edited by LambentBunny, 16 May 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Logic = 0

The Thrust costs 75k making it the most expensive bike but it isn't competitive in it's class.

The Thrust is the fastest bike in the game. it's very competitive on straight tracks with a couple of turns lol. 

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

Might as well get the Monroe for the sport classic class... Best in all categories and less expensive!

Lol highhhh

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

Logic = 0

The Thrust is the fastest bike in the game. it's very competitive on straight tracks with a couple of turns lol. 

In a racing situation without doing wheelies it isn't competitive.

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

"Many decisions lie ahead, none of them easy...."-shep

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

Rock star better fix this sh*t. There is nothing wrong with the z-type. People who think it is clearly don't know about the Monroe.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

Logic = 0

Lol everyone can do wheelies it's an invalid point on your part it's competitive. Not worth 75k though. 

But it's not 500k more than the other bikes in it's class. 

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 16 May 2014 - 11:54 PM.

Logic = 0

Lol everyone can do wheelies it's an invalid point on your part it's competitive. Not worth 75k though. 

But it's not 500k more than the other bikes in it's class. 

I know but I'm trying to point out that a high price (overall or in its own class) doesn't mean decent decent performance.

Christacoma
  • Christacoma

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

Off topic the thrust isn't competitive against Akuma or Bati, maybe against a Daemon...
On topic Glad they reduced the speed on the Ztype it was way too fast for a 1930s car...

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

The Z-Type vs Monroe arguments are silly and pointless.

No class has one car that is clearly, absolutely, unequivocally better than all others in the same class in all situations for all drivers.

For example, in the Super class, the Adder has the highest top speed, but the Entity handles better. If you've got a race with long straights and few curves, the Adder should win. If you've got a very tight and twisty race, the Entity should win. Still, a player who can drive the Adder very well can beat a player who sucks at driving the Entity, even in a tight and twisty race.

The same is true for Sports Classics. The Z-Type has the highest top speed but acceleration is average, handling is tricky, it doesn't turn well, and the brakes are crap. On a tight and twisty race I'd rather have a Monroe. On a highway race, I'd take the Z-Type.

Belch
  • Belch

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:36 AM

But realistically, the z-type shouldn't be better than the tornado. It's an old skool ride t hat has lots of class, but too old to be competitive. Realistically, some of the muscle cars should be in the sports classic category. In fact, they really should get rid of the muscle car class because they competed against each other back in the day.

If you want to compete against a miura, then add something that was actually competitive during that time, which would be the stinger. The stinger as a ferrari daytona would be a perfect match. But making the z-type even close to competitive is laughable. That old bugatti shouldn't even be able to compete against a lambo miura.

Or add a rockstar equivalent of the shelby cobra, or the corvette stingray.

The problem isn't that the z-type was nerfed, but rather that it should have never been much more than a slow car to begin with.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

Big bunch of text

So you want a 950k vehicle to have comparable performance to one you find off the streets? There are classic Bentleys, Rolls Royce and Jaguars made in my home country which can out perform modern day equivalents.
Those are costly vehicles that would also out perform other 'street vehicles' of similar class and age. You're paying for more than just looks.

If you wish your analogy to be correct then the price of the Z type should be 300k.

The z type is also huge with a big engine bay... What's to stop Rockstar shoving an 800hp V12 in there - because of the weight of the vehicle, acceleration and handling would still be poor, likely to understeer etc. This sounds exactly like what it used to be - heavy, crappy brakes and handling but once properly on the move, capable of food speed.

Anabol1c
  • Anabol1c

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:38 AM

If people don't realize that there is a three decade long technological gap between the Monroe and the Z-type then that's on them I guess.
  • Christacoma likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:58 AM Edited by elfoam, 17 May 2014 - 04:58 AM.

If people don't realize that there is a three decade long technological gap between the Monroe and the Z-type then that's on them I guess.

Never heard of a 1934 Mercedes W25?. Race one against a 2014 Toyota Corolla :). That's an 80 year gap. The point is the Z Type was fast last week and now its not, 90% of the car values in this game are accurate to its performance in its class. You can't have a game all set up, make someone spend a million credits on a car (which is tied to real life money) and then nerf it. You just can't do it and it needs to be fixed.
  • Gaffa and Fearx-- like this

BoltActionAUT
  • BoltActionAUT

Trick

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

The speed is okay , but please fix the handling.

That long burnout ...  :sarcasm:

Christacoma
  • Christacoma

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by Christacoma, 17 May 2014 - 04:15 PM.

Never heard of a 1934 Mercedes W25?. Race one against a 2014 Toyota Corolla :). That's an 80 year gap. The point is the Z Type was fast last week and now its not, 90% of the car values in this game are accurate to its performance in its class. You can't have a game all set up, make someone spend a million credits on a car (which is tied to real life money) and then nerf it. You just can't do it and it needs to be fixed.

The Monroe should not be compared to a corolla, lol, its the worlds first super sports car...  and the w25 is a race car, bad analogy all together

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

And the car its supposed to be based on is slower than the average family sedan now :). All these cars are fictional in the end. My point is assuming the z type is supposed to be old doesn't mean it can't be fastest in class. The technology was there.
  • Gaffa likes this

Christacoma
  • Christacoma

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

And the car its supposed to be based on is slower than the average family sedan now :). All these cars are fictional in the end. My point is assuming the z type is supposed to be old doesn't mean it can't be fastest in class. The technology was there.

Ok, I will give you this, the fastest car in the world from 1934 the W25 would have comparable power, to a Miura (Monroe), but would lose in every other aspect, because of weight and numerous other factors... But the Z-type isn't based off of that car. I guess with modern tuning anything is possible so who cares, it's just a game right...

Anabol1c
  • Anabol1c

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I compared two road legal luxury-cars from different eras, and your response was to compare a modern but very tame family car to a completely unhinged monster of a racecar from an era where driver safety consisted of hoping you got thrown out of the car before it exploded in event of a crash.

No big deal though, I quite like the z-type and don't really care for the monroe, I just think the Monroe should be faster.

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Nope, its still the same ugly, slow, overrated piece of sh*t.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

Seems fine to me, still dominating Monroes 

123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

Making the z-type so fast was an obvious error on rockstar's part. Sorry, but it would be akin to making the zentorno as fast as a bf surfer. Just somebody somewhere in the master rockstar programming headquarters had a few too many cups of coffee and gave the z-type completely unrealistic performance.

i agree. the car must have been an error or a joke. a camper should be doing laps around it

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

I wondered why my Luxor felt slow, now I know.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

i agree. the car must have been an error or a joke. a camper should be doing laps around it

Campers never had more than a 75 Hp engine and weighed about 1600 kg - The Bugati sported a 200Hp supercharged inline 8, it weighed less than 1000 Kg

so no a Camper shouldn't be able to touch it

The reason its so fast is everyone else is distracted by it's sheer beauty!  :colgate:

BigBrother67
  • BigBrother67

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

The Z type wasn't fast in the first place. Smoked countless Z types in a stock Monroe in races with catchup and slipstreaming off.

No, You didn't.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

The Z type wasn't fast in the first place. Smoked countless Z types in a stock Monroe in races with catchup and slipstreaming off.

No, You didn't.

Because some randy knows what I've done more then I do my self obviously...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users