Search fucntion broken?

17 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's self explanatory. I get no results when I search for something that usually would have results.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

Leave a message.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

May 15th, 2014.

The day StingrayX single handedly took down GTA Forums for a few minutes.

Kidding, it appears to be fixed now.  :^:

Tank
  • Tank

Gangsta

• None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

We had to take the search facility offline for approximately 10 minutes while we upgraded it, but it should be working again now. (And faster than before)

Please let us know if you experience problems again.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by StingrayX, 16 May 2014 - 11:40 AM.

It's fixed now! :D

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Sorry to double post but I just realized that the issue is back. Also, it takes ours for my posts to show up in my content.

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

Sorry to double post but I just realized that the issue is back. Also, it takes ours for my posts to show up in my content.

Both search and "My Content" are loading instant for me. Are you sure it's not on your end?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

I don't know. Ever since the website went down, everything search related just went south. Is the system glitching?

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

I don't know. Ever since the website went down, everything search related just went south. Is the system glitching?

It shouldn't be glitching out, as it got upgraded. Which theme are you using?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

The most reacent search results still aren't that recent at all. :bored: This renders the search engine almost worthless.

Tank
  • Tank

Gangsta

• None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Please can you provide some specific examples?

(Phrases + scope/filters + actual results + what you were expecting)
  • Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

I'd like to take a screencap but my laptop is broken. I'll do so as soon as it's fixed! :^:

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Ive had very limited success with the search feature, it either finds nothing or it finds 10,000 irrelevant results.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

Ive had very limited success with the search feature, it either finds nothing or it finds 10,000 irrelevant results.

In order to receive better help, please provide more information.

What are you searching for, and on what setting? Is what you're searching for a common thing, new thread, or old thread?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

nothing in particular, I was just saying in general with my experience everything i type into search either comes back with nothing or with lots of results that dont apply.  one example might be on how to do the the super punch glitch thing that people do in unarmed deathmatches that make it so you are unable to move and fight back, but pretty much everything ive typed in for any subject has these problems.   Far to many topics that mention the words but have nothing to do with the thing youre looking for.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

You've got to remember 1 - the right search tags are paramount, think about other terms you could use and how others might refer to it. And 2 - this may be a GTA forum but it's not a catalogue of everything and anything possible in the games, especially for a game not even a year old and only released on consoles.

Bonus tip: A lot of glitches are not publicised here to prevent Rockstar catching wind of it.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

True, but even still if it's something other than a glitch Google is far better at finding relevant results than any forum I've ever been on. Clearly most others have this problem as well since multiple topics are always created about the same thing. At least on regular forums, the number of duplicates on this one are 1000x worse and due to little kiddies thinking they are important or something if they start the thread, lol

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:37 AM Edited by Harley, 03 June 2014 - 07:39 AM.

If you really can't find anything on here, people have had a lot of luck doing a Google search for "site:gtaforums.com [search tags]"
So like
site:gtaforums.com super punch glitch

If you can't find it that way, either your tags are way off or it's not on the site.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

If you really can't find anything on here, people have had a lot of luck doing a Google search for "site:gtaforums.com [search tags]"
So like
site:gtaforums.com super punch glitch

If you can't find it that way, either your tags are way off or it's not on the site.

hey thanks, good tip.  Ive often had better luck finding relevant stuff through google than through the forums search feature and i never knew you could use it for one specific site like that before though.  very cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users