Gang shootouts

57 replies to this topic
A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

What is the best way to start a shootout with gangs in IV?

When I simply shoot at them most of the gangmembers run away, only one or two answer fire. I read somewhere that they had big battles. I know the locations like Acter or Firefly Pjs where they are the hardest apparently, but not in my game...

I play with Niko, maybe in EFLC R* changed the behaviour, haven't tried it yet.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

Try Hove Beach/Firefly Island/Beachgate after Russian Revolution...

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

You could try to do vigilante missions on the police computer and choose "gang activity" That's the closest to a gang shootout.

• Dollarhide, theGTAking101 and YaHomieShrreder like this

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

maybe MOB don't attack Niko that much because they are kind of affiliated?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by Official General, 20 May 2014 - 10:02 PM.

I got the perfect answer for you bro.

Make sure you get enough friendship level with Dwayne to gain his perk of armed gang members to back you up whenever you call them. Simply go to any hood known to have gang members - the best place is the Firefly Projects, North and East Holland, Cerveza Heights, South Bohan, and Acter in Alderney. Once you get to any of these areas, call Dwayne's boys to back up in your phone to join and just start trouble with a gang member, soon enough they will pull out guns and shoot at you. Dwayne's boys will shoot back at them to defend you. More gang members nearby will join in and a big shootout will explode between Dwayne's boys and the gang members. You can do the same thing on Little Jacobs drug deals or Police Vigilante missions that involve attending to gang activity. Trust me you will love it .

There is even more ways to start serious shootouts in EFLC. I'll explain later, don't like typing too much on the phone.

And no, the M.O.B will blast at Niko the moment he pisses them off.
  • Donut, A-Wax8, Colognenigguh and 1 other like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by Mr_Leone, 20 May 2014 - 11:07 PM.

Hey OG, give me some ways on EFLC - would like to do it because of the whole Luis is the closest thing we've got to a G thing.
  • Sibbs likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:02 AM

Hey OG, give me some ways on EFLC - would like to do it because of the whole Luis is the closest thing we've got to a G thing.

Ok bro. Sometimes in TBOGT, the Northwood Dominican Drug dealers or NDDD will spawn in certain hoods around Liberty City (Beechwood City, and Schottler in Broker, Willis in Dukes) and Acter (Alderney). There areas areas have gang members like Jamaican Posses (Broker and Dukes) or M.O.B in Acter. Whenever you see NDDD gang members on the same streets as these gang members, start trouble with any one of them - enough for one of them to fire a shot, and watch NDDD gang members and other rival gang members start shooting at each other, crazy gunfights erupt. And I mean serious ones too, the NDDD actually walk up to fallen gang members on the floor and finish them off ! Just try it and let me know bro.

In TLAD, go to North Holland you will see North Holland Hustlers and Uptown Riders on the same street, do the same thing and gunfights erupt.

• Donut, A-Wax8, Colognenigguh and 1 other like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by Mr_Leone, 21 May 2014 - 03:58 AM.

Holy sh*t a Lk guy in yellow was outside the Homebrew cafe and misfires his sh*t into a rasta across the street and the 1 LK shot down and executed (walked up to the bodies and a guy said "me beg fe mercy!") And all you heard weas the blast. The rastas retreat and I take him out. Cops got involved at the end and got the LK's buddy who was a non factor.
  • Official General, Ss4gogeta0, Colognenigguh and 1 other like this

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

@OG thanks a lot, this is what I wanted to know !  Props to you :^: :^:

I will try it out

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:18 PM Edited by Official General, 22 May 2014 - 12:11 PM.

Holy sh*t a Lk guy in yellow was outside the Homebrew cafe and misfires his sh*t into a rasta across the street and the 1 LK shot down and executed (walked up to the bodies and a guy said "me beg fe mercy!") And all you heard weas the blast. The rastas retreat and I take him out. Cops got involved at the end and got the LK's buddy who was a non factor.

That guy was not a Latin King (Spanish Lord), he was a Northwood Dominican Drug Dealer !! The NDDD gang members are closely affiliated with the Spanish Lords and the two look similar, but they are not the same - though, they never attack each other. Here is some info on the NDDD what they look like and how to spot them.

200px-Dominicain_gang_member.jpg

http://gta.wikia.com...an_Drug_Dealers

I've seen the NDDD and Jamaican Posse go at it bad, the Jamaicans do the same, as in they too walk up to bodies and finish them off. Go to Acter as well, sometimes NDDD will be there and you can start gunfights between them and the M.O.B. I think the idea is that the NDDD are on some kind of campaign to take over drug sales territories over rival gangs in LC and Alderney. 

A-Wax8

Let me know how you get on bro

• Colognenigguh likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

AOD and Jamaicans in Beechwood City will fight if you shoot too. However, they are mostly neutral. Same goes for the Koreans and Spanish Lords in Alderney City.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by Official General, 21 May 2014 - 11:24 PM.

AOD and Jamaicans in Beechwood City will fight if you shoot too. However, they are mostly neutral. Same goes for the Koreans and Spanish Lords in Alderney City.

Yep, that's true, I've tried that out myself, and started a gunfight between some Spanish Lords and Korean mobsters in Alderney City. 

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Dwaynes backup really is a great feature, I just was stuck in an explosive gunfight between them and some spanish lords near the pjs in east holland, shots from every direction, me in the middle, very confusing (I died lol). It was amazing !!

As well how these boys shoot at the cops during the escape looks fantastic.

But sadly I hadn't many big shootouts so far, most of the time when I attack one gangbanger Dwaynes backup shoot him up and the nearby standing bangers run away like pussies.

For example I was at Firely Projects and at least 10 MOB were present, I fired a shot and only two answered, Ballas in V defend their block better ..

The russians in Hove Beach and the spanish lords seem to be more aggressive for me, but that's not a big issue for my gameplay anyway, because I roleplay to work for Dwayne and to bang on MOB with MOB backup doesn't make much sense ;)

One big moment in Firefly pjs nevertheless: A russian gangster pulled out an AK and wanted to see Niko dead, but one MOB 'ally' gunned him down with his UZI :cool:

Vigilante missions are fun too, but for me it feels wrong to get in a cop car as a criminal with criminals to shoot other criminals...

I will try that ND3 thing when I'm finished with the main story

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:25 PM Edited by Official General, 23 May 2014 - 06:41 PM.

Dwaynes backup really is a great feature, I just was stuck in an explosive gunfight between them and some spanish lords near the pjs in east holland, shots from every direction, me in the middle, very confusing (I died lol). It was amazing !!

As well how these boys shoot at the cops during the escape looks fantastic.

But sadly I hadn't many big shootouts so far, most of the time when I attack one gangbanger Dwaynes backup shoot him up and the nearby standing bangers run away like pussies.

For example I was at Firely Projects and at least 10 MOB were present, I fired a shot and only two answered, Ballas in V defend their block better ..

The russians in Hove Beach and the spanish lords seem to be more aggressive for me, but that's not a big issue for my gameplay anyway, because I roleplay to work for Dwayne and to bang on MOB with MOB backup doesn't make much sense ;)

One big moment in Firefly pjs nevertheless: A russian gangster pulled out an AK and wanted to see Niko dead, but one MOB 'ally' gunned him down with his UZI :cool:

Vigilante missions are fun too, but for me it feels wrong to get in a cop car as a criminal with criminals to shoot other criminals...

I will try that ND3 thing when I'm finished with the main story

You gotta be patient at times, crazy, wild shootouts won't always happen with this move. Sometimes when you start trouble with Dwayne's boys, rival gang members will just run away at the sound of gunshots, or Dwayne's boy's will shoot em' up so fast that they are dead before any shootout happens. But on another day, there may a be whole bunch of them ready for a gunfight, and a big gunfight will erupt indeed. M.O.B gang members in the Firefly Projects are generally always ready for gunplay, but sometimes they are not bothered for it, and they run, but it's the same with other gangs. You just gotta keep creating new shootout scenarios get a really good one. Having said that, the Russians are the most violent gang in the game - however, I prefer to keep my shootouts in IV more realistically placed in the Black and Hispanic ghettos and projects. 

Dwayne's boys belong to the North Holland Hustlers, not the M.O.B. The NHH and M.O.B are of the same ped models, but they are not the same gang, having said that, the two appear to be closely affiliated in some way. NHH stay in North Holland only, while the M.O.B. are to be found in the Firefly Projects in Broker, and Acter in Alderney. You can roleplay with Dwayne's boys to bang, because remember, it's likely many NHH members will not be pleased at Playboy X's death and they may wanna make a move to kill Dwayne in revenge, I roleplayed that really good. 

With Vigilante missions, what I do is I go to a call out where gang activity is taking place, and then I call Dwayne;s boys just before I get there. I park up the police car away from the scene.Dwayne's boys follow me and straight away they will blast the gangs there, who of course shoot back. The gangs on Vigilante missions are well-armed and they never run away, so a great shootout is pretty much guaranteed. I generally never join in, I just stand by and watch the grand show !

You gotta try the ND3 thing too, those shootouts......words can't even describe them, the brutality is stunning. In TLAD, you can also start shootouts with the Uptown Riders and NHH in North Holland, they spawn in the same area. 

Finding out all this stuff, was one of the things that made me like IV even more, when I used to criticize it for lack of gang action in the streets. I would still prefer stuff like this to be random without player activity, but it was better than nothing, and it is crazy fun seeing the gangs blast at each other and shoot up the place. 

• A-Wax8 and Colognenigguh like this

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by A-Wax8, 26 May 2014 - 07:49 PM.

ah interesting, I thought they were the same gang since they look the same and were some kind of subsets. Thought that they are maybe sort of crips/bloods because I heard them say "whaddup Fam" (like the counterpart in LS) and so on, but I don't know much about gangs in NY, only that Latin Kins have heavy influence and there are some Crips/Bloods, but it makes more sense now that NHH are based on some drug organisation like it's portrayed in The Wire or Brooklyns Finest.

Damn GTA IV has such a real criminal underworld, it's amazing!

When I first played IV I only did the missions and some bullsh*t in freeroam, haven't even noticed all the gangs in the streets. But later I when I found out about all the details and searched them I started to appreciate this game much more, with 5 as comparison even more lol.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

*Sorry for the bump*

With Vigilante missions, what I do is I go to a call out where gang activity is taking place, and then I call Dwayne;s boys just before I get there. I park up the police car away from the scene.Dwayne's boys follow me and straight away they will blast the gangs there, who of course shoot back. The gangs on Vigilante missions are well-armed and they never run away, so a great shootout is pretty much guaranteed. I generally never join in, I just stand by and watch the grand show !
ity, but it was better than nothing, and it is crazy fun seeing the gangs blast at each other and shoot up the place.

Just tried this out and it's SO much worth it.

It really is. It takes some patience though but when you do get it right though the shootouts are absolutely stunning.

I had two great ones and it was really epic to be honest. I also recommend increasing your volume for more awesomeness. These gang members start shooting at Dwayne and they shoot back and BOOM chaos! And all the civilians run away from the scene, fleeing the cars... it felt like a terror attack and then the cops joined in too. Once I got a wanted level so the cops started shooting me and the gang members, Dwayne's boys were shooting at the cops and gang members as well so there was gunfire from every direction in the street. Amazing.

I'm still a newbie to gangs in GTA IV. I want to dive deeper into the ghetto life of LC. It's hard though, since they aren't as easy to distinguish from the ones in the III Era games.
  • Official General, Donut and Colognenigguh like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by Official General, 08 July 2014 - 12:34 PM.

*Sorry for the bump*

ity, but it was better than nothing, and it is crazy fun seeing the gangs blast at each other and shoot up the place.

Just tried this out and it's SO much worth it.

It really is. It takes some patience though but when you do get it right though the shootouts are absolutely stunning.

I had two great ones and it was really epic to be honest. I also recommend increasing your volume for more awesomeness. These gang members start shooting at Dwayne and they shoot back and BOOM chaos! And all the civilians run away from the scene, fleeing the cars... it felt like a terror attack and then the cops joined in too. Once I got a wanted level so the cops started shooting me and the gang members, Dwayne's boys were shooting at the cops and gang members as well so there was gunfire from every direction in the street. Amazing.

I'm still a newbie to gangs in GTA IV. I want to dive deeper into the ghetto life of LC. It's hard though, since they aren't as easy to distinguish from the ones in the III Era games.

Ah I'm glad you really enjoyed this bro. It's one of the new things I discovered in GTA IV that really made like this game more ! I was amazed as to how I never had the foresight to find this out and try it out from when I first played it. The gang shootouts in IV are very realistic and totally insane, you actually picture them happening in a real life NYC street !

Just follow the instructions from my earlier posts for the other gang shootouts and you will HAVE A BLAST !! Also for more information on gangs in Liberty City in IV, vist GTA IV wikia in the 'Gangs' section.

• Donut and Vercetti42 like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Hey OG, did you know in TLAD the Uptown Riders spawn in Hove Beach? Because the LCPD sure as sh*t do. Shotgun + perestroika = three way battle between cops, UR and Russians.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by Official General, 08 July 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Hey OG, did you know in TLAD the Uptown Riders spawn in Hove Beach? Because the LCPD sure as sh*t do. Shotgun + perestroika = three way battle between cops, UR and Russians.

Nah you got me mixed up or I got mixed up. The Uptown Riders spawn in North Holland (and East Holland) in TLAD, that's what I said or meant to say. If I said Hove Beach, then I made a mistake, apologies.

But I'm pretty sure I said North Holland and not Hove Beach.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

No, seriously. They do. Go to the diner and you will see them. I don't know how rare it is, but I know that it was an Uptown Rider. Funny enough, I only see them on the sidewalks in Hove, I never see them drive. Freak accident perhaps?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

No, seriously. They do. Go to the diner and you will see them. I don't know how rare it is, but I know that it was an Uptown Rider. Funny enough, I only see them on the sidewalks in Hove, I never see them drive. Freak accident perhaps?

Wow, that's strange. If so I'd love to see that. I could be a freak accident, because I've seen M.O.B gang members turn up in South Bohan in IV once. Sometimes these things happen. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Are Dwayne's boys able to die in shootouts? I remember in that mission Holland Nights?, one of them would be laying down the floor with me thinking he's dead, but he soon catches up. They're pretty tough, tougher than the gang members in TLAD which is sad :( I wish Clay knew how to use his Auto Shotgun more efficiently.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Are Dwayne's boys able to die in shootouts? I remember in that mission Holland Nights?, one of them would be laying down the floor with me thinking he's dead, but he soon catches up. They're pretty tough, tougher than the gang members in TLAD which is sad :( I wish Clay knew how to use his Auto Shotgun more efficiently.

Way back when the game first came out, i had a great time throwing grenades at them and shooting them up lol. They were tough as sh*t, but they weren't invincible. I doubt they would ever die by the computer alone, the only time they died was when i killed them or heavily damaged them with grenades or something.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Yeah Dwayne's boys do die in shootouts if they get shot too many times, I've seen it happen a few times - on two occasions in shootouts with Jamaican Posse gang members, and once with M.O.B gang members. However you are right, Dwayne;s boys are very tough, they can take so many shots before they finally die. Once in a shootout with Jamaicans, both of Dwayne's boys got in the car to get away, one got sat down, and he died in the car !!

GtaivCop
  • GtaivCop

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

Play lost and damned gang wars. Use cheats to raise wanted level. Once you get to the 5th gang war there is HEAPS of enemies, like up to 20 sometimes.

I often have 20 enemies so I raise the wanted level and tons of cops come. I then find a safe spot and watch the amazing shootouts. They can last aVERY long time because the enemies use grenades on the cops.

There's no shootouts in gta v that come anywhere near that fun or intense.

• OGLuke, Official General and Drunken Cowboy like this

The Ghost 206
  • The Ghost 206

H.N.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Its very easy to start gang shootouts on 4 campare to 5. What i use to do is on rare occasions the Russian mob would be posted up in firefly projects. Literary one side will be like 20 mobs and 20 russians just shot one time in the air get cover and enjoy the show. I have seen at least 50 shootouts with mob and russians

TLFdjobaw
  • TLFdjobaw

What?

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

Its very easy to start gang shootouts on 4 campare to 5. What i use to do is on rare occasions the Russian mob would be posted up in firefly projects. Literary one side will be like 20 mobs and 20 russians just shot one time in the air get cover and enjoy the show. I have seen at least 50 shootouts with mob and russians

I guess, you're lucky. I've tried to shoot some russian mobster around firefly project, only few of them shoot me back, most of them flee away

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

Uptown Riders spawn in Hove Beach because they take the same slot as the 2nd Russian Mob gang from original IV. Lazy Cockstar forgot to change it I suppose, still it's good to have them there. By the way for modders:

You can mod the popcycle.dat file to include a gang somewhere else. This way I added more gang zones all over the city, ex. I have now Koreans in Little Bay and Northern Gardens along the Albanians (Koreans were there in GTA CTW). Firing one shot in those areas (even better with Dwayne's boys or SNT Bodyguards) - extreme gang war with Uzi's, Shotguns and Pistols :D

• Colognenigguh likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

Uptown Riders spawn in Hove Beach because they take the same slot as the 2nd Russian Mob gang from original IV. Lazy Cockstar forgot to change it I suppose, still it's good to have them there. By the way for modders:

You can mod the popcycle.dat file to include a gang somewhere else. This way I added more gang zones all over the city, ex. I have now Koreans in Little Bay and Northern Gardens along the Albanians (Koreans were there in GTA CTW). Firing one shot in those areas (even better with Dwayne's boys or SNT Bodyguards) - extreme gang war with Uzi's, Shotguns and Pistols :D

UR somehow took over the russian mob in hove beach in lost and damned story also they fire ak47s, used only by the russian mafiya.

The Ghost 206
  • The Ghost 206

H.N.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

I guess, you're lucky. I've tried to shoot some russian mobster around firefly project, only few of them shoot me back, most of them flee away

Don't get me wrong not all of them are straped i normally wait till i see a group of them it increases your chances of seeing some sh*t. But on lost of damned the uptown ridahs be in hoove beach so you got russians,riders and the m.o.b.s down the block and north Holland you can see the riders bump heads with m.o.b.s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users