» «
Photo

[REL|SA] Soccer Team Play

18 replies to this topic
goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:51 PM Edited by goodidea82, 26 May 2014 - 08:51 AM.

Soccer Team Play is a free extension for GTA San Andreas single player. It allows you to play team against team like in commercial soccer games. Three to five players are possible for each team. The soccer field is in the baseball stadium in Las Venturas. You can access the stadium from the parking area via a red marker. Use the left mouse button to shoot the ball to another player or at the goal. To move your entire team forward, pass the ball to the player in the back and move that player forward. Then pass the ball to the front again, but be careful, do not violate the offside rule. The game was programmed in C++ and CLEO 4. To support this mod upload a video of you playing and add a link to my video.

I would be happy about comments on youtube to create some traffic there and increase visibility also to people that are not hardcore GTA SA fans as we are :) . I have spent too much time creating this mod, and must take a longer break now. Hence, please don't mind in case I'm not very responsive.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube....h?v=WZVi-6RAFcs

• Wesser, Alt, riquenunes and 13 others like this

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

The irony ...

Goodidea came up with a good idea..

Looks great though mate; brings something unique to SA :^:

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

I'm actually impressed. I thought it was gonna be some basic kick the ball script, but this looks pretty good. Great job!

• lpgunit likes this

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:44 AM

Brilliant!

Maybe you could do the same thing for San Andreas' basketball minigame.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:12 AM

That's pretty neat! Reminds me of the game you played with the ball in Vice City.

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

X-Force Rulez

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

brilliant if it's released. Not just a word

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Awesome

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the great comments! A download link will be provided probably on monday!

gtagarage gives me an error when trying to upload a file. I have uploaded it to another site and it's awaiting approval.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by fastman92, 11 October 2014 - 08:59 AM.

Thanks for the great comments! A download link will be provided probably on monday!

gtagarage gives me an error when trying to upload a file. I have uploaded it to another site and it's awaiting approval.

You may have to use a different browser.

Very well done. You must have made the AI for footballers.

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

X-Force Rulez

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

i've downloaded gtainside. Nice job

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

I have added the link in the description of the youtube video.

@fastman92: Yes, I made the AI.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

Finally, something unique and well thought out for GTA: SA. After dozens and dozens of vehicles, peds and shovelware mods, this one took the cake. :)
  • S Y E D likes this

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:55 AM Edited by riquenunes, 27 May 2014 - 04:55 AM.

I tested and loved it!

Are you planning to add new features to it? It would be great if you could switch camera modes (so you could play with the camera in the side of the field, like in FIFA or PES) and having a custom hud that shows the game time and score (instead of GTA's radar and hud on screen).

Hell, why not throw a referee in there too? :p

• lpgunit likes this

S Y E D
  • S Y E D

Dim Mak!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

One of greatest mod. Here, take some cookies  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

FFyellowcard
  • FFyellowcard

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Awesome !!

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

I forgot to mention in the readme:

- If your you play 3 minutes or for 3 points, then you don't win or lose any money.
- 5 minutes or 5 points you can win or lose $500
- 8 minutes or 8 points you can win or lose $1000

A remark: someone uploaded a version of this mod with missing files. The size of the original file file is 1.394 MB.

I tested and loved it!

Are you planning to add new features to it? It would be great if you could switch camera modes (so you could play with the camera in the side of the field, like in FIFA or PES) and having a custom hud that shows the game time and score (instead of GTA's radar and hud on screen).

Hell, why not throw a referee in there too? :p

These are good ideas but I must take a break for several months because I have too much work to do this year. However, I have considered an additional camera perspective in case of an update, but I don't do small updates.

A little anecdote: There are people on the net that hate this mod because they hate soccer :catspider: . Actually this is the best game for those people because this is the only soccer game where they could shoot the players :D .

• FFyellowcard likes this

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

This is a brilliant, well thought out, idea.

Great job! :^: 

Stefanex
  • Stefanex

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

I love your mod, it's like FIFA.

By the way i have a problem with your volleyball mod and golf mod

1)when i go at the beach the difficulty levels are appearing and when i select a difficulty, my game crashes

2)the golfball still falls through the ground

I installed them following the instructions. You can help me with these problems?

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

I love your mod, it's like FIFA.

By the way i have a problem with your volleyball mod and golf mod

1)when i go at the beach the difficulty levels are appearing and when i select a difficulty, my game crashes

2)the golfball still falls through the ground

I installed them following the instructions. You can help me with these problems?

Hi, it's a pitty that you have problems with the other mods. I have just looked into the readme and I can't say more than what I have already written there. Note that the readmes also have sections on hints and troubleshooting, please read everything carefully as it's easy to make mistakes.

If you're sure that you made not mistake, you can modify the global variables in the .ini files (you can try different (e.g. smaller) values which are in similar range). I provided some *.cleo files (FileSystem..cleo, IniFiles.cleo). If you had them already (perhaps from cleo installation), then do not overwrite yours with the provided one but use the original ones that you have. Another cause could also be due to some incompatibility with some other mods. But I have over 20 mods and I don't have problems with my mods (except at the END of golf game you must not use the golf cart that was spawned or the game will crash, that's a bug)

Some background. After selecting the difficulty the VolleyballStarter.cs script executes Volleyball.cm script and communicates with it via the global variables that are specified in the ini. The golf mod and soccer mod work similarly.

Unfortunately I had to stop modding this year so I cannot make improvements due to time constraints.

If you find a solution it would be great if you share it with the community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users