Photo

MAMMOTH Patriot Appreciation Thread

94 replies to this topic
Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

You're favorite. Neighborly Neighbor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:10 AM Edited by Eyecandy, 12 November 2014 - 05:11 AM.

If that was the case my bad then. Its hard to tell via text. And with some of the stupidity on this forum it wouldn't suprise me if they were serious. A smiley would have helped out also to indicate this was in humour.

I kinda expected this world to not still 98% of idiots, sorry.

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:31 AM Edited by TheGoodSgtScooter, 12 November 2014 - 05:54 AM.

Been thinking about one of these as a cheap PV, how well does it bash things?
Edited to erase off topic reference.

Kitsune Girls <3
  • Kitsune Girls <3

Brony / Furry / Lolicon / general "Anime fag"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:37 AM

0_0.jpg

• ten-a-penny and TheGoodSgtScooter like this

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:49 AM Edited by Eyecandy, 13 November 2014 - 12:52 AM.

That's really funny Eyecandy, in fact it made me forget to laugh.
OT: Been thinking about one of these as a cheap PV, how well does it bash things?

well, I never notes it to be funny, I was commenting how f*cking stupid op is for making a thread on the most stupid car in the game.

MEMBER WARNED

OT: Been thinking about one of these as a cheap PV, how well does it bash things?

well, I never notes it to be funny, I was commenting how f*cking stupid op is for making a thread on the most stupid car in the game.

Edit: I was warned for this comment because people are too sheltered in their life to acknowledge the truth so they go out of their way when they stop crying to get the person who wrote a "truthful" comment and get them warned, I never insulted forum members.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

The Karin Asterope also has a thread.

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:37 AM

If that was the case my bad then. Its hard to tell via text. And with some of the stupidity on this forum it wouldn't suprise me if they were serious. A smiley would have helped out also to indicate this was in humour.

That's an unnecessary insult, right there.

For what it's worth, you may want to make sure your sentence is structurally intact before you call someone else an idiot.

• Ballistic Jello, BelowMe, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:41 AM

This car...nice 4wd and it clims over quite someobstacles without being so noticable as a sandking....but its slow like hell and one cant customize it much so unless youre a hummer or big offroad vehicle fan this is probably not gonna be youre private vehicle

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:44 AM

Here's my save edited Patriot:

0_0.jpg

I really wish the roof lights worked...

• Edgelord, ten-a-penny, robban and 2 others like this

C64fanatic
  • C64fanatic

Remember to have fun!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by C64fanatic, 12 November 2014 - 04:03 PM.

The Patriot is not slow at all. It is actually quite fast for an SUV, and its acceleration is very good too. It is not the fastest around corners though, because of its weight - but turn early and you will learn to compensate for this.

The car is extremely tough and sturdy, and it can make mincemeat out of a car like the Rebel. It is also one of the safest cars in the game due to its small windows, overall hight and toughness. Give it 100% armor and you'll have a tank that handles like an SUV. It is certainly a battering ram that you'll be wise to take seriously!

Its hight also makes it possible to get over crash barriers, which can be very handy if you are being pursued.

When you go off road you will notice that it can climb up almost vertical inclinations. I have made the mistake so many times to think that it couldn't get up to a certain place - but when I try.... Yes it can, and it does it with ease!

The Patriot is one of my favourites in the game, and I have owned most cars - the ones you buy as well as those you find on the street. I also like that you can make it look like a military vehicle very easily. I don't race much though.

I'll advice you to put all, or allmost all, performance upgrades on it. Give it street suspension and you will improve handling without affecting its off road performance to any great degree. That is my opinion - but each to his own of course :) .

I think you should try it out.
  • ten-a-penny, mrironmoose and Night Machine like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by goldadderXD, 12 November 2014 - 09:41 PM.

The Patriot is not slow at all. It is actually quite fast for an SUV, and its acceleration is very good too. It is not the fastest around corners though, because of its weight - but turn early and you will learn to compensate for this.

The car is extremely tough and sturdy, and it can make mincemeat out of a car like the Rebel. It is also one of the safest cars in the game due to its small windows, overall hight and toughness. Give it 100% armor and you'll have a tank that handles like an SUV. It is certainly a battering ram that you'll be wise to take seriously!

Its hight also makes it possible to get over crash barriers, which can be very handy if you are being pursued.

When you go off road you will notice that it can climb up almost vertical inclinations. I have made the mistake so many times to think that it couldn't get up to a certain place - but when I try.... Yes it can, and it does it with ease!

The Patriot is one of my favourites in the game, and I have owned most cars - the ones you buy as well as those you find on the street. I also like that you can make it look like a military vehicle very easily. I don't race much though.

I'll advice you to put all, or allmost all, performance upgrades on it. Give it street suspension and you will improve handling without affecting its off road performance to any great degree. That is my opinion - but each to his own of course :) .

https://www.youtube....h?v=Pu4oVi4MWLg

no offence but you shoud learn to estimate youre top speed better :)

the mamoth patriot is realy obviously slow, even in the straight line

edit: i agree its a realy solid thing, but further then that, yea....

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:21 AM Edited by SeberHusky, 13 November 2014 - 12:27 AM.

I loved the Patriot in GTA IV. The only reason I don't have a Patriot in GTA V is because it's so uncustomizeable. You can't manually attach brushguard or roof lights in LSC, you have to find them that way in the wild, and you can't have both at once. There's no option for the American flag decal either.

Rockstar messed up so much with car customization. I miss San Andreas or Saints Row 2 sometimes, where you could put spoilers and all kinds of stuff on anything you wanted.

Patriot_Commercial_Hummer_H2_GTA_IV_Mach

PS:  I love my SandKing more because it is more agile and can traverse terrain better. Sorry.

5-28-1409-20-22.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

iProGam3r
  • iProGam3r

Hakosuka or Hachiroku?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

A slammed patriot would look amazing

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

Give me gta iv's patriot handling and I'll take one.

Right now it's just bland and boring (and this is coming from someone who considers it his 4th favourite vehicle in gta IV)
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:44 AM

Been thinking about one of these as a cheap PV, how well does it bash things?
Edited to erase off topic reference.

Decently. It's not blow your mind amazing, but it gets the job done. I'd say collectively its overall performance is above average but far from 'superb'.

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

That's an unnecessary insult, right there.

For what it's worth, you may want to make sure your sentence is structurally intact before you call someone else an idiot.
no one asked you to comment, nonetheless be a "grammar nazi" upon my sentence, how about you worry about yourself? Do that for a change.

zzr
  • zzr

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:16 AM

I sure hope the H1 and HX are added in next gen

Oh gosh I would love the H1 Alpha in GTA  

TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

Native Texan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:49 AM

Clean rebel > sand queen and mammoth.

zzr
  • zzr

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:53 AM

Clean rebel > sand queen and mammoth.

If Baja mods were available then yes.  

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

MrAssClap
  • MrAssClap

In it to win it - Zac Efron

• Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:54 AM Edited by abrownboy15, 13 November 2014 - 01:58 AM.

The Mammoth Patriot deserves much more attention!

My presentaion and advices in this thread: http://gtaforums.com...d/?p=1066461862

Here you can see the four (4) legit variants of the Mammoth Patriot:

XCOXMSe.png

The basic variant with no stock upgrades:
qG1p6pl.png

The one with side steps:
fFIHwaO.png

The one with bull bars:
OGOx4l0.png

The one with lights on top (not working, 1.17) and side exhaust pipes:
9UjareL.png

The last two are my PV's with my upgrades (colour and wheels). I found the first two on the street to make this post - and they are stock.

The side step, bull bars, lights on top and side exhaust pipes can't be added in Los Santos Customs. You need to find Patriots with them on the street (1.17), if you want to play the game as it is meant to be played - and that's what I want!

I was planning on doing more than this, but you guys are screaming for pictures :) . Perhaps I'll do it later.

Mine is pretty much your tan one. Use it for my military purposes and offroading
probably one of the better looking vehicles in this game and last and one of my favorites
  • MrHappyFuntimez and C64fanatic like this

transambill
  • transambill

Trojan Field Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

I really really hate the  Patriot in this game. I think it comes from the way the real vehicle was domesticated.

The H2 and H3 are not Hummers, they share the name but that's it. There now soccer mom rides or grocery getters for people with money.

With that said I have one in my garage. They won't win many R* created races against the likes of the Dune Buggy, Sanchez or BF Injection but take away the ramps for water crossings that R* add's to there Off- Road races and race over and across something other than dirt roads which R* seems to think is off-roading. Drive over large rocks and across/thru water without R*'s ramp help and there's no other vehicle I would want to be in besides the Patriot other than the Sand King.

From my experience they fall this way, Sand King > Patriot > Dubsta 6X6 > Merryweather Mesa > Rebel.

I know many will disagree with that but that's been my experience using those in real off-road races not the crap races R* call's off-road.

The Rebel seems to have enough power going to the front and back but really lacks traction.

The Dubsta 6X6 is good for a garage trophy but bounces way to much and it seems like it's been buffed cause it no longer has the traction it did have.

The Mesa needs more power going to the front and it's high COG and short wheel base really hurts it.

The Sand King is King of off-road due to it's size and ground clearance. I wish that wasn't the case but it is.

I know the Rebel fan boys will disagree with what I've typed as well as others.

So find me on the PSN, same name as here and let's do some off-roading. Prove your Rebel, 6X6, Mesa, etc. is the better off-road vehicle.

• dead goon, Tha Saucier and C64fanatic like this

C64fanatic
  • C64fanatic

Remember to have fun!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

That is not my experience. It can be fast in the right hands. There is a lot more to it than a simple test like that.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

That is not my experience. It can be fast in the right hands. There is a lot more to it than a simple test like that.

simple ?:D

his last serie was anything but simple :)

C64fanatic
  • C64fanatic

Remember to have fun!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:02 PM Edited by C64fanatic, 13 November 2014 - 07:27 PM.

To all the whiners.....

Why do you post in an APPRICIATION thread!!!!????

It is certainly okay that you would rather eat sh*t than drive the Patriot - absolutely! That's your opinions, and you are in your rights to think so. It's fine! But why the hell post that in THIS thread??

Doesn't the word "APPRECIATION" ring a bell....?

This should be a thread for people who loves the Patriot!! I don't want to fight for my opinion in a Patriot APPRECIATION thread for crying out loud!!

I think the Zentorno is boring as hell and look like a fecking cheese grater, but why should I post that in the Zentorno Appreciation thread? What good would that do me or others? Why should I try to change their opinion or post negative comments in their thread? I think it's fine thay they love the Zentorno. Each to his own.

In this APPRECIATION thread I want to have a good time seeing other players Patriots, discussing colours, setups, reading stories and so on.

I. Do. Not. Get. It!!
  • ten-a-penny, MitchMaljers, TCMike and 3 others like this

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

To all the whiners.....

I. Do. Not. Get. It!!

You're on GTA Forums, there's little else here but complaining for the sake of complaining, Rockstar hate and frothing at the mouth when the words 'cash card' are uttered. That's why.

• ten-a-penny likes this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by goldadderXD, 14 November 2014 - 07:12 AM.

To all the whiners.....
It is certainly okay that you would rather eat sh*t than drive the Patriot - absolutely! That's your opinions, and you are in your rights to think so. It's fine! But why the hell post that in THIS thread??
Doesn't the word "APPRECIATION" ring a bell....?
This should be a thread for people who loves the Patriot!! I don't want to fight for my opinion in a Patriot APPRECIATION thread for crying out loud!!
I think the Zentorno is boring as hell and look like a fecking cheese grater, but why should I post that in the Zentorno Appreciation thread? What good would that do me or others? Why should I try to change their opinion or post negative comments in their thread? I think it's fine thay they love the Zentorno. Each to his own.
In this APPRECIATION thread I want to have a good time seeing other players Patriots, discussing colours, setups, reading stories and so on.
I. Do. Not. Get. It!!

If youre talking about me i talk about the pro's and cons it has :)
Im pretty sure its a fact its slow and its a bummer for people beside me it hasnt any unique costomisation parts :/
But its still not the worst car there is and its not bad looking either :)

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Dank

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:02 AM

Lovely topic, mostly because I've been a fan of Hummers since I was 11, which is like 8 years ago.

It is simply my favorite vehicle in GTA IV and one of my favorites in GTA V.

I do miss the handling it had in GTA IV, it handled like it was indeed heavy and it had that awesome roar in it's big V8 engine. It handles somewhat boring in GTA V, it handles too plain and simple, it doesn't even bend around the corners any more it did in GTA IV, It's also much harder to drive over highway barriers and you can't also flip other cars over anymore, which you could do in GTA IV with little effort.

That said I don't have a picture of my Patriot yet, which is plain Silver with stock rims... It looks very similair to the 2009 Hummer H2 Silver Ice limited edition.

Will post a picture soon.

• C64fanatic likes this

C64fanatic
  • C64fanatic

Remember to have fun!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:02 AM Edited by C64fanatic, 14 November 2014 - 11:32 AM.

To all the whiners.....

I. Do. Not. Get. It!!

You're on GTA Forums, there's little else here but complaining for the sake of complaining... -snip-..
Do you really believe that? That would be really sad.

I may be new here, but I have been active in forums most of my life. I have met many people who like to complain for the sake of complaining, like you say, and people who like to provoke for the sake of provoking. But I have also met many nice people.

The "problem" in this forum is probably, that the average age is quite low. I believe that's partly what you hint at too.

I am not sure, that I can change things - but I can't help trying. One thing is for sure though - I can't do it alone....(and I am not - thank you!)

W95Fekc.gif

Oh stop, stop - don't stop.. Ha ha ho ho...oh stop.. don't stop ;)

I mean every word, though.

C64fanatic
  • C64fanatic

Remember to have fun!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by C64fanatic, 14 November 2014 - 12:06 PM.

MEMBER WARNED

Edit:
-snip-

.....I never insulted forum members.

You don't think calling OP "f*cking stupid" is an insult?

11q2xi5l.jpg
  • ten-a-penny and phattoni like this

C64fanatic
  • C64fanatic

Remember to have fun!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

Lovely topic, mostly because I've been a fan of Hummers since I was 11, which is like 8 years ago.
It is simply my favorite vehicle in GTA IV and one of my favorites in GTA V.
I do miss the handling it had in GTA IV, it handled like it was indeed heavy and it had that awesome roar in it's big V8 engine. It handles somewhat boring in GTA V, it handles too plain and simple, it doesn't even bend around the corners any more it did in GTA IV, It's also much harder to drive over highway barriers and you can't also flip other cars over anymore, which you could do in GTA IV with little effort.

That said I don't have a picture of my Patriot yet, which is plain Silver with stock rims... It looks very similair to the 2009 Hummer H2 Silver Ice limited edition.
Will post a picture soon.

Yes, please do.

It would be great to get some of the things going that this thread is actually meant for :) .

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Can somebody here tell me where does the Patriot spams in SP? I may test-upgrade it there to see if I should FM one or not since I have already fetched one in MP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users