• India

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Guyz Sorry I Am Just A begginer.....

So I Want To Ask Many Things

1)Can We Make A GUY WALK ON WALL like Wall Riding Of Julio's ^_^

2)Can We Make A Sheild Which Blocks The Bullets ^^

3) Hanging On Walls Like Bats...

4) A Source Code For GangWar Thing Like GTA SA

5)How To Make Brave Peds (When We Shoot They Dont Run)

Hehehe Guyz Please Tell Me Some Suggestions.....Please Give ME a Source Code 

I Think Its A Work For Experinced Guyz And I Could Study Them And Learn Something...

Thank You Guyz For  Your  Great Support!

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:46 PM Edited by pedro2555, 14 May 2014 - 08:06 PM.

If you're will to accept my suggestion. I've address this already on this forum and you fit exactly the stereotype.

There is some people who just want to learn modding, rather than learn to code to be able to mod a game, they simple want to learn modding. And that is where you fail. Take your time to learn coding, you can do so much more with a coding language than just modding, with the upside that you can then code your own mods.

Almost everyone that you talk to in here have learn to code and then entered the modding scene, with the noticeable exception of LordOfTheBongs, but why is he the the black sheep? Simple, he isn't. He his the white sheep among the blacks. He has done the sensible thing, learn to code.

I remember my very first C# program, a rude and simple console application that would write 'Hello world!' on the screen and wait for you to press ENTER before it closed itself (And probably the very first program of 90+% of programmers). But you, came in here 'I want to make a transformers mod!', just land down and look around, do you know how to code in C# or VB.NET? If yes, then probably you don't know enough.

The wonderful thing about languages as C# or VB.NET is that they are super simple to read and understand. As soon as you understand the basic concepts you have virtually no limits.

So, my suggestion: Learn C#.

• LordOfTheBongs likes this

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Excatly what Pedro said... first I started coding GTA and all my scripts were horrible and never worked. Then I started making some applications in C# and actually learning the language. Only after that was I able to make GTA mods that worked properly.

I mean you can always practice your c# with GTA but really try to write some simpler ideas before getting into complicated stuff. Even making a robbery mod is not so simple. (i already know you have waits all over your script when u need to allow your loop to be running without waits but coding it to run the proper code every loop while not killing your FPS... this concept and understanding how the scriptthread loops is the hardest part of coding gta)

• pedro2555 likes this

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

Beginning C# programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Same here, my first 2 weeks of modding was more asking questions than modding something by myselfe.. Then is started to make some windows form apps and boom i started to understand how to mod! You dont start with big mods, start with very small mods. 

• pedro2555 likes this

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:12 PM Edited by pedro2555, 14 May 2014 - 08:20 PM.

thanks guys. Now it's time for version control class  :lol: haha! just kiding. But I might trow out a tutorial on git very soon though.

You are the living proof to what I said there, no doubt.

@Rugz007

Don't take it wrong man, I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. If I had to guess... you are VB coder, because of your mis use of cApS without very much care about it..

About the caps thing, do you realize it is easier to read if you properly use capitalization? That is why traffic signs aren't just capital letters, it is easier to read word shapes than a word letter by letter.

• LordOfTheBongs likes this

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

lol now that pedro mentions... i just noticed his capitalization style... so random... lol

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

lol now that pedro mentions... i just noticed his capitalization style... so random... lol

It annoys me a bit to be honest.

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

Scripters ... roll out !

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

Sorry about my caps thing......

And i know much about c#

And also console applications i have made too....

I just want to know from some source codes that wat a particular command do.......

After all i just a 12yrs old kid so please guyz

And everyone thankyou for your help

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

Sorry about my caps thing......

i dont mind, i just thought it was funny i never noticed

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

Scripters ... roll out !

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

But based on topic plz anyone knows the codes.....

I am trying to make them here but many unsucessfull trys

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

But based on topic plz anyone knows the codes.....

I am trying to make them here but many unsucessfull trys

I know you are 12 years old, and this is a great opportunity for you to learn. And as I said, if you know C# you don't know enough. You've asked for source code countless times, my github page contains hundreds of lines of code you can examine and learn from there (not to mention code from others), but ultimately you should be familiar with the tools for C# development. For instance, I've read your blog that you use notepad++ for C# development, and that is totally the wrong way to do it, you can be so much more productive with Visual Studio that there isn't even a point of comparison (Notepad++ is must have to any developer but far from an IDE like Visual Studio). Grab a copy of Visual Studio 2013, there are free editions that support a paraphernalia of features.

And you need to start simple, forget about gang war mods, bullet shield mods or wall riding mods.

Focus on learning the language and it's tools, then you can examine and experiment what's possible with the .NET Scripthook.

Focus on development of simple apps to gather code techniques and you will be able to join knowledge to make your ideas rise.

Focus on the languages concepts to have way more techniques able for your use, C# is an object oriented language, study that.

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

Scripters ... roll out !

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

Okay Now Lets Clear Thing And Not Make Mess...

1) Now I Use VS 2010

2) I know Much About C# (Have Made SomeApplications Too)

I Will See Your GitHub ^^

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:35 PM Edited by pedro2555, 15 May 2014 - 02:36 PM.

Okay Now Lets Clear Thing And Not Make Mess...

1) Now I Use VS 2010

2) I know Much About C# (Have Made SomeApplications Too)

I Will See Your GitHub ^^

Ok, VS 2010 is a progress, although I suggest the 2013 version.

Allow me to provide you a simple quiz, send me your answers via PM please, here is the first level, if you get pass I will send you a next level quiz:

LEVEL 1 - Types and Iterators

1.1. I need to store a value that may vary between 10 and 60000, which data type is more appropriate ?

1.2. On a variable that will hold a state for some process I need it to reflect two stages: Running and Stopped.
1.2.1 What is the best type to use on that variable ?

1.2.2 What is the best way to execute diferent code for that variable state ?

1.3. On a variable that will hold a state for some process I need it to reflect three stages: Paused, Running and Stopped.
1.3.1 What is the best type to use on that variable ?

1.3.2 What is the best way to execute diferent code for that variable state ?

1.4 I need to keep a record of multiple names entered by the user.
1.4.1 How should I store those values ?

1.4.2 How can I find if 'John' is in those multiple names ?

1.5 I need to keep a record of multiple names and surnames entered by the user.
1.5.1 How should I store those values ?

1.5.2 How can I list all people with firt name 'John' ?

1.5.3 I need to also have a way to return the fullname which will be the first name + surname, what I should I implment this ?

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

Scripters ... roll out !

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:15 PM Edited by Rugz007, 15 May 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Okay Man Will Answer Your Quiz But After Sometime......

Because I Am Now Doing Some Scratch Work And Learning How to Make Animations...

And If You Want Test My Skill i will PM you....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users