240 killed and at least 120 missing after an explosion in a Turkish co

31 replies to this topic
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Rescuers are hunting desperately for scores of Turkish coal miners still missing after an explosion caused a pit to collapse, killing at least 238.

Dozens escaped the pit in Soma, 450km (280 miles) from Ankara, but officials say about 120 are still trapped.

On a visit to Soma, PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan offered his condolences, and said all possible resources were being used for the rescue operation.

Frantic relatives have gathered at the mine, waiting for news of loved ones.

As ambulances took away an increasing number of bodies, some of the bereaved wailed uncontrollably and were carried away by their families.

Mr Erdogan said 80 miners had been treated for injuries, none of which were serious. Nineteen of them had already been discharged from hospital.

Earlier he announced three days of mourning for the victims.

The BBC's James Reynolds in Soma says family members of missing miners are gathered at the hospital. They told him they would not move from there until they got information about their loved ones.

Meanwhile, protesters angry at the disaster took to the streets of Istanbul and Ankara on Wednesday.

Police fired tear gas and water cannon at about 800 protesters as they tried to march from a university in Ankara to the energy ministry. There were also reports of clashes in Istanbul.

Far below ground

Energy Minister Taner Yildiz said 787 people had been inside the mine when an electrical fault triggered the blast.

About 120 are still thought to be in the mine, but he said hopes were fading of finding any more survivors.

He added that carbon monoxide poisoning had claimed many lives. Oxygen was being pumped into the mine to help those still trapped.

The electrical fault triggered a power cut, making the mine cages unusable. Those trapped are reported to be 2km (1.2 miles) below the surface and 4km from the mine entrance.

The blast happened at about 12:30 GMT on Tuesday.

TV footage overnight showed rescuers helping workers from the mine, their faces and hard-hats covered in soot and dust. Some were carried on stretchers to waiting ambulances.

But by mid-morning, reporters at the scene said only the dead were being recovered.

_74841367_4c5f08df-bcac-46ae-a73b-f55280For some, such as this father reunited with his son, it is good news

[...]

Coal mining is a major industry in the Soma area, helping to supply a nearby lignite-fired thermal power plant, but safety has long been a concern.

An MP with Turkey's opposition CHP party has accused the government of rejecting a recent proposal for a parliamentary inquiry into mine accidents in Soma.

Ozgur Ozel told Today's Zaman newspaper that the motion had substantial support among opposition parties.

Our correspondent says Prime Minister Erdogan will see this tragedy as a test of his reputation, and he will be aware that the previous government lost an election after being seen to have mishandled the 1999 earthquake.

Turkey's worst mining disaster was in 1992, when 263 miners were killed near Zonguldak, on the Black Sea.

Source (BBC News)

---

Such a tragedy. My dad worked in a coal mines, when I think that this could have happened to him it's scary :(  My condolences to all the victims.
  • Palikari, kipakolonyasi and Killer1qa2ws3ed like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

This is so sad. My condolences to all the families of the victims and my prayers for all the ones than still can be saved.
  • BOSS 302 likes this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

You coudnt pay me a million to go 1.2 miles underground.  :blink:

That is DEEP.

• Witchking Of Angmar and IVIechanomics like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

My condolances to the victims and I hope that at least some people could be saved. Miners life was always hard and dangerous anywhere in the world,and these disasters are unfortunately not that rare.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

Sounds like shoddy equipment.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

I heard that a malfunction in one of the elevators could start a fire or a spark and make firedamp explode.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

With this danger, why go down so far knowing there's only 1 emergency way out?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

My uncle works for a mine. It isn't a shaft mine though, it's a strip mine.

My hopes are with the missing miners, though. Hope they come up safe and sound.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

I heard that a malfunction in one of the elevators could start a fire or a spark and make firedamp explode.

Kinda scary how just one small thing can cause such big disaster. I remember someone from our village his house burned down because of a  malfunction in a laptop charger...

erorcun
  • erorcun

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

I'm from Turkey.

Numbers are incorrect, at least 500 people is dead, government hides it. And there are still dead bodies underground.

It's 3th or 4nd biggest mining disease in the world.

And explosion caused by slow burn because mining operators thought it's put out 2 months ago. Then it exploded with compressed air. Opposition party gave research proposal to parliament for researching injuries in Soma only 15 days ago but the government party rejected it.

PM says this was miners fate(I couldn't find true adjective, traitor, stupid, or dictator? or all of them), but no, it wasn't.

My condolences to all the victims.

• Palikari likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

(I couldn't find true adjective, traitor, stupid, or dictator? or all of them)

I think all of them.

My condolences to the victims, their familes and the Turkish people.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by D- Ice, 15 May 2014 - 08:49 PM.

Condolences toall the people who died in this, and my hopes are with those still missing. I am just surprised by the sheer number of killed, I would have hoped that by today mining operations were far more automated, so we don't get hundreds of men down in the mines - but I'm no expert in mining tbh.

I'm from Turkey.

Numbers are incorrect, at least 500 people is dead, government hides it. And there are still dead bodies underground.

And explosion caused by slow burn because mining operators thought it's put out 2 months ago. Then it exploded with compressed air. Opposition party gave research proposal to parliament for researching injuries in Soma only 15 days ago but the government party rejected it.

PM says this was miners fate(I couldn't find true adjective, traitor, stupid, or dictator? or all of them), but no, it wasn't.

You make some extra-ordinary claims about the numbers of dead. Do you have any proof of 500 people being killed, and it being somesort of government cover-up, or is it just tin foil hat wishful thinking? The most reliable sources say that about 280 are now dead.

Secondly, regardless of your current dislike for the Turkish government, I suggest you learn what "dictator" actually means, if anything to sound less moronic. 2011's Turkish general election was deemed free, fair, and democratic, and Erdogan won it fair and square. Whether he is an idiot or a traitor - namely to the electorate - is a different matter.

I think a lot of people in the Middle-East need to learn not to arbitrarily and randomly throw names and unfounded accusations at anyone they dislike. This mentality of rejecting, and doing everything to undermine, the legitimacy of any government not initially voted for, regardless of democratic credentials, is perhaps the biggest threat to democracy in the Middle-East.

Edit: Sorry, got this year's Turkish Local Elections confused with the upcoming General Elections in August. :blush:

erorcun
  • erorcun

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:55 PM Edited by erorcun, 15 May 2014 - 08:57 PM.

Condolences toall the people who died in this, and my hopes are with those still missing. I am just surprised by the sheer number of killed, I would have hoped that by today mining operations were far more automated, so we don't get hundreds of men down in the mines - but I'm no expert in mining tbh.

I'm from Turkey.

You make some extra-ordinary claims about the numbers of dead. Do you have any proof of 500 people being killed, and it being somesort of government cover-up, or is it just tin foil hat wishful thinking? The most reliable sources say that about 280 are now dead.

Secondly, regardless of your current dislike for the Turkish government, I suggest you learn what "dictator" actually means, if anything to sound less moronic. This year's Turkish election was a hotly contested one, but it was deemed free, fair, and democratic, and Erdogan won it fair and square. Whether he is an idiot or a traitor - namely to the electorate - is a different matter.

I think a lot of people in the Middle-East need to learn not to arbitrarily and randomly throw names and unfounded accusations at anyone they dislike. This mentality of rejecting, and doing everything to undermine, the legitimacy of any government not initially voted for, regardless of democratic credentials, is perhaps the biggest threat to democracy in the Middle-East.

lol we have a bigot in here.

And I get information from first source, don't worry.

Elections wasn't fair, there was a lot of detected cheat. Even YSK approves this. If you don't believe opposition party, even government party said "opposition party made cheat".

Erdogan isn't democratic. He said it hisself. I want to remind you this sentence: "Demokrasi amaç olarak değil araç olarak kullanılır."

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Don't call other members who make perfectly valid points "bigots" just because you happen to disagree with them. It doesn't reflect well on you.
  • *MURDOC*, D- Ice, stu and 1 other like this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by kipakolonyasi, 15 May 2014 - 09:13 PM.

I'm from Turkey.

Secondly, regardless of your current dislike for the Turkish government, I suggest you learn what "dictator" actually means, if anything to sound less moronic. 2011's Turkish general election was deemed free, fair, and democratic, and Erdogan won it fair and square. Whether he is an idiot or a traitor - namely to the electorate - is a different matter.

Edit: Sorry, got this year's Turkish Local Elections confused with the upcoming General Elections in August. :blush:

it doesn't matter if it's won fair and square. and they got near 50% of the votes. if you tyrannize, threaten, alienate, mock, f*ck the other 50% of this country and their way of life every day all day. you are a dictator. that's it. that's a dictator. obviously you have no idea what's going on in turkey so please shut up. 

edit: so to be clear we know what a dictator means but there's a reason why he's called that.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by D- Ice, 15 May 2014 - 09:18 PM.

I'm from Turkey.

Secondly, regardless of your current dislike for the Turkish government, I suggest you learn what "dictator" actually means, if anything to sound less moronic. This year's Turkish election was a hotly contested one, but it was deemed free, fair, and democratic, and Erdogan won it fair and square. Whether he is an idiot or a traitor - namely to the electorate - is a different matter.

Elections wasn't fair, there was a lot of detected cheat. Even YSK approves this. If you don't believe opposition party, even government party said "opposition party made cheat".

Erdogan isn't democratic. He said it hisself. I want to remind you this sentence: "Demokrasi amaç olarak değil araç olarak kullanılır."

You seem a long-time member here, so I hope I don't have to remind you that childish name-calling isn't well tolerated here. It is also the lowest form of argument.

And your reply to my challenge for credible evidence with what I assume is terrible English for you getting your information from first-hand sources is frankly laughable.

It is an insult to people's intelligence to expect them to simply believe your extraordinary claims on such a serious issue on an anonymous internet forum, just because you say so. Please grow up.

I'm from Turkey.

Secondly, regardless of your current dislike for the Turkish government, I suggest you learn what "dictator" actually means, if anything to sound less moronic. 2011's Turkish general election was deemed free, fair, and democratic, and Erdogan won it fair and square. Whether he is an idiot or a traitor - namely to the electorate - is a different matter.

I think a lot of people in the Middle-East need to learn not to arbitrarily and randomly throw names and unfounded accusations at anyone they dislike. This mentality of rejecting, and doing everything to undermine, the legitimacy of any government not initially voted for, regardless of democratic credentials, is perhaps the biggest threat to democracy in the Middle-East.

it doesn't matter if it's won fair and square. and they got near 50% of the votes. if you tyrannize, threaten, alienate, mock, f*ck other 50% of this country and their way of life every day all day. you are a dictator. that's it. that's a dictator. obviously you have no idea what's going on in turkey so please shut up.

Again, please learn the definition of dictator. Here is a link to make it easier for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictator

Regardless of his authoritarian and at times oppressive policies, like banning Twitter, he does not rule with absolute power as long as there are democratic elections that could oust him.

And telling me to shut up on a discussion forum (that I type on incidentally)? Really?

• Chris Fromage likes this

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Then it exploded with compressed air. Opposition party gave research proposal to parliament for researching injuries in Soma only 15 days ago but the government party rejected it.

Let's ignore the fact that the government party wasn't even present when this proposal was made. I wouldn't say I am exaggerating when I tell you that the opposition (CHP) has rejected it them self.

And that number is a lie...

Halk tv/ Ulusal tv/Sozcu is not first source... 

Bu olayları siyasete döndürmek istemiyorum. Amma tartışmak istersen hazirim. 

• D- Ice likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

I'm from Turkey.

You seem a long-time member here, so I hope I don't have to remind you that childish name-calling isn't well tolerated here. It is also the lowest form of argument.

And your reply to my challenge for credible evidence with what I assume is terrible English for you getting your information from first-hand sources is frankly laughable.

It is an insult to people's intelligence to expect them to simply believe your extraordinary claims on such a serious issue on an anonymous internet forum, just because you say so. Please grow up.

I'm from Turkey.

Secondly, regardless of your current dislike for the Turkish government, I suggest you learn what "dictator" actually means, if anything to sound less moronic. 2011's Turkish general election was deemed free, fair, and democratic, and Erdogan won it fair and square. Whether he is an idiot or a traitor - namely to the electorate - is a different matter.

I think a lot of people in the Middle-East need to learn not to arbitrarily and randomly throw names and unfounded accusations at anyone they dislike. This mentality of rejecting, and doing everything to undermine, the legitimacy of any government not initially voted for, regardless of democratic credentials, is perhaps the biggest threat to democracy in the Middle-East.

it doesn't matter if it's won fair and square. and they got near 50% of the votes. if you tyrannize, threaten, alienate, mock, f*ck other 50% of this country and their way of life every day all day. you are a dictator. that's it. that's a dictator. obviously you have no idea what's going on in turkey so please shut up.

Again, please learn the definition of dictator. Here is a link to make it easier for you:

Regardless of his authoritarian and at times oppressive policies, like banning Twitter, he does not rule with absolute power as long as there are democratic elections that could oust him.

And telling me to shut up on a discussion forum (that I type on incidentally)? Really?

learn the definiton of dictator he says... did you even read what i posted? 

this thing disgusts me near 300 people have died and yet we are arguing AKP and elections and definiton of a dictator. where is Voodoo when you need him.

and how some people are only concerned about is AKP's and Erdoğan's reputation. 

erorcun
  • erorcun

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by sivispacem, 15 May 2014 - 09:42 PM.

Halk tv'den de ulusal tv'den de görmedim, hatta bugün hiç izlemedim, arkada açık duruyor sadece. İlk kaynaktan aldığım bilgiler bunlar, kaynağı buraya yazmayacağım çünkü yalan diyebilirsiniz, yakalanma ihtimali var falan. Takım tuttuğunuz gibi parti tuttuğunuz için inanmayacaksınız çünkü, biliyorum.

Ama tarih bir 50 belki 100 yıl sonra sizden utançla bahsedecek beyler. Kendi vatandaşına bağırıp döven, tüm basını sansürleyen, eleştiriye tahammülü olmayan, avrupadaki en çok çalışma saatini, dünyadaki en çok vergiyi size sunan, maden kazasında ülkeyi 1.yapıp 1800'den örnek veren, yolsuzluk yapan, hadi inanmassanız eskiden yolsuzluk dosyası olan birini tutuyorsunuz. İşte o zaman iyi biri olmazsınız. Ayıp.

My english isn't that good and i won't continue after that because I can't express myself, I can say something wrong.

This is an English-speaking forum. Take this as a friendly reminder. SVP

• kipakolonyasi likes this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by D- Ice, 15 May 2014 - 09:36 PM.

I'm from Turkey.

I'm from Turkey.

learn the definiton of dictator he says... did you even read what i posted? 

this thing disgusts me near 300 people have died and yet we are arguing AKP and elections and definiton of a dictator. where is Voodoo when you need him.

and how some people are only concerned about is AKP's and Erdoğan's reputation. 

Yes, I have read what you written, and it frankly read like the rubbish one would expect from an angry, over-politicised kid mashing his keyboard.

And to end your downward spiral of making yourself look idiotic and/or hypocritical, I suggest reviewing this topic to see who took it on the Turkish politics tangent - it was user erorcun with his wholly unfounded rant against Erdogan/the AKP party.

At the lack of any sort of meaningful discussion, I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

• *MURDOC* and Chris Fromage like this

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by Chris Fromage, 15 May 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Halk tv'den de ulusal tv'den de görmedim, hatta bugün hiç izlemedim, arkada açık duruyor sadece. İlk kaynaktan aldığım bilgiler bunlar, kaynağı buraya yazmayacağım çünkü yalan diyebilirsiniz, yakalanma ihtimali var falan. Takım tuttuğunuz gibi parti tuttuğunuz için inanmayacaksınız çünkü, biliyorum.

Ama tarih bir 50 belki 100 yıl sonra sizden utançla bahsedecek beyler. Kendi vatandaşına bağırıp döven, tüm basını sansürleyen, avrupadaki en çok çalışma saatini, dünyadaki en çok vergiyi size sunan, yolsuzluk yapan, gazeteleri hadi inanmassanız eskiden yolsuzluk dosyası olan birini tutuyorsunuz. İşte o zaman iyi biri olmazsınız. Ayıp.

My english isn't that good and i won't continue after that because I can't express myself, I can say something wrong.

Rough Translation:

He claims he didn't see the number on tv but doesn't want to tell where neither.

And he also claims Turkey (he sums up a few things, but mostly about economy) was better before Erdogan came...

_______

So.. You claim you didn't see it on TV, but don't want to tell where you heard it because that would not sound believable? Saying that made it even less believable..

And you are claiming Turkey was a better country (even on economic terms) 30 years ago? When the inflation was about 68%? When the debts to IMF hit 25.6 billion?

• D- Ice likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

man you are one good troll aren't you d-ice

erorcun
  • erorcun

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by erorcun, 15 May 2014 - 10:02 PM.

Ama tarih bir 50 belki 100 yıl sonra sizden utançla bahsedecek beyler. Kendi vatandaşına bağırıp döven, tüm basını sansürleyen, avrupadaki en çok çalışma saatini, dünyadaki en çok vergiyi size sunan, yolsuzluk yapan, gazeteleri hadi inanmassanız eskiden yolsuzluk dosyası olan birini tutuyorsunuz. İşte o zaman iyi biri olmazsınız. Ayıp.

Rough Translation:

He claims he didn't see the number on tv but doesn't want to tell where neither.

And he also claims Turkey (he sums up a few things, but mostly about economy) was better before Erdogan came...

_______

So.. You claim you didn't see it on TV, but don't want to tell where you heard it because that would not sound believable? Saying that made it even less believable..

And you are claiming Turkey was a better country (even on economic terms) 30 years ago? When the inflation was about 68%? When the debts to IMF hit 25.6 billion?

It doesn't sound un-believable, you won't believe it, and it doesn't matter do you believe or not believe for me already.

You're misquoting me. I didn't say it was better before.

Btw, downfall of dollar/stock market in last 2 years is equals to downfall in 2001 crisis.

You guys have no tolerance for criticism.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

How can I believe in what you say, if you don't even want to source it in the first place...?

>btw

• 2001 – 1 U.S. dollar = 1 650 000 Turkish lira
  • Today - 1 U.S. dollar = 2.09 Turkish lira (was even less before the protests around taksim)
  • D- Ice likes this

erorcun
  • erorcun

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by erorcun, 15 May 2014 - 10:25 PM.

I mean decrease amount between before crisis - after crisis and between two years ago - now is equal.

Economy slowly gets worse year by year.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

"1995 1 U.S. dollar = 45,000 Turkish lira
2001 1 U.S. dollar = 1,650,000 Turkish lira
The Guinness Book of Records ranked the Turkish lira as the world's least valuable currency in 1995 and 1996."

How is this any better then todays value?
  • D- Ice likes this

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

I've heard  there's been a lot of rioting over the event, my cousins in Istanbul and Izmir are putting a lot on Facebook about the situation, but I can only speak basic Turkish so I can't read much of it..

zimbambazibimbamba
  • zimbambazibimbamba

zibinho

• BUSTED!
  • Botswana

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:07 AM Edited by zimbambazibimbamba, 16 May 2014 - 01:04 AM.

Okay,I had to write something here because it looks like a terrible ignorance is going around.

First of all,d-ice and chris fomage,I don't know how the f*ck call them,you should learn not to get into a discussion on a subject that you are completely irrelevant to.As I've seen in your old posts,one of you is a f*cking social class-made slave hindu and the other one is an arab who immigrated to a European country because of low life standards in their country(But it's not hard to see that this guy is very suitable for this low life standard,when you look at his method of explaining his "knowledge"(?) :S ).I bet you have not been in my country before,you have not read any critical books about middle-east and its political and social evoluation.If I were you,I would not discuss with a local guy who has some important datas.But your ignorance let you and also pushes you to make this foolish action,what a shame for you guys.

You only read some press agency's titles which are supported by the government.One of you said that 1 US Dolars were 1.650.000 TL in 2001,and now 2.19 .. Wow guys,what an intelligence is this,I can't believe  :blink: But does this guy also know that it changed nothing in this country?Each year,a report gets declared by them to show people that the country is getting rich,this is an absolute lie!Bullsh*t,when you get out of the house and look around,people are sad,poor,hopeless because they have not a work to perform,they can't see this money coming into the country.We are living in this land,so we know what's going on here.You childish forum users know nothing about another country but you speak really too much.You should learn this before..

Also,to the guy who pointed the 1 USD = .... TL subject,you said that before gezi parkı,this number was even less.Do you think that Gezi Parkı riots started the action without any problems,they just wanted to do something funny?THERE IS A POLITICAL TERROR IN THIS COUNTRY!!Open up your empty heads and read what I write here.Courts declare a sentence about a construction,to stop it,but this poor prime minister says : "We don't respect courts,we will continue to construct" Does this seem legal to your little brains?

Having %50 of votes doesn't mean that you can make whatever you want without taking other side's opinions into consideration.The prime minister named motherf*cker changes rules for his own economical situation.He got millions of dolars but he doesn't even have a company or didn't worked for a company before.He was always in public services.How can this one happen?

A woman,this year,has been taken into custody for 3 days.The reason was : SHOWING A SHOEBOX to prime minister.She just showed a f*ckin stupid shoebox,how can it be a reason to be picked up for 3 f*ckin days?You were talking about dictatorship in one of your childish comments.The dictatorship doesn't happen like it was in early 19s,like Mussolini or Hitler..What this f*ckin prime minister is doing is called "modern dictatorship",but I bet you don't know anything about this notion...

Today,there is a %12 unemployment rate in Turkey,what logical argument can acquit this situtation?

Last year,unfortunately a bomb exploded in Reyhanlı/HATAY,press said that there was only 57 persons died.Now,I'M gonna tell you the truth,listen to this because you'll notice what a big misconception you are in:

My brother is an expert on tangible damages of companies.We went there the next day of the incident and talked with natives,there was only a common thing they were talking about : The number that the press explained was definitely wrong;whole town knew that there were over 200 death.You know why?Because the f*ckin arab lover government,stupid islamic government have supported the islamic terror groups since the day one in Syrie and they know that this explosion was occured by those groups.

Also,do you know that everyday at least 5 women get killed by their husband(that we know thanks to press!),people kill each other because of traffic issues,companies plunge into debts..?Yes,this would be their own responsability but no,this is a common problem in my country.This government is feeding some particular groups,cos they know that these groups will help them sit on the same chairs until infinity...

Your only support is coming from your ideology,your islamic angle of view.What you put forward as proofs are completely wrong,the truth is not like what you think.Your words guys,clearly show that you know absolutely NOTHING about a country but you speak too much in order to keep your underdeveloped thesis alive!Please get the f*ck out of here and read some REAL books,search for world's TRUTHS and come back to discuss with other people.Separately,those people you attempt to discuss with are natives of the country that you talk rubbish about!What would you feel if I talked about your country without any real knowledge?You talked about fair elections in Turkey,this was another clear point which shows you are irrelevant to this subject.Nothing is fair in this country.The fairness is set by government's own demands.You read lies from newspaper titles..We are not stuck on this %50 of votes point;we blame the pm for being a certain faker.Most of eastern Turkey are real ignorant people who don't even have a high school education.They are also poor,don't have enough money to continue their lives in good conditions.But they vote him,because he lies them using the religion.THIS IS ABSOLUTELY MALIGNANCY!

d-ice kid,I saw that you've shown a wikipedia link which includes some guy's pyramid.Dude,we are real humans,we are talking like what it should be,do not get stuck on some memorized scripts;they don't reflect the real human senses.They are written to be learnt by some students or people who have empty heads and try to load garbage into.

Please,go f*ckin learn the f*ckin real world.We are crying for the victims for 3 days,we feel the pain as the whole country.THIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT,THIS IS A HOMICIDE! Murderers are government and their employes who don't particularly research these critical mines and only sign some sh*t papers like they want it to be!Do you understand me?Stop talking foolish about my country,please,we don't need ignorant people like you to increase our pain!

By the way d-ice boy,you wrote above something about erorcun's English..As I'm not an English man,English is not my mother language and I'm not obliged to speak it in the most clear form.I'm just trying to speak it as much as I can.So,do not judge people by this detail.I can see you ignorance,do not let it grow up,alright?...

---------------

dayanamadım yazdım,gıcık kapıyorum şu tiplerden,silinseler bütün kainattan da kurtulsak.(this part is a Turkish one written to be seen by kipakolonyasi and erorcun,doesn't include any insults,you can translate it with google translator)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

The next person posting in this thread in a language other than English gets banned for a week. Last warning.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by Chris Fromage, 16 May 2014 - 02:35 PM.

For those who are interested:
Latest numbers:
363 man are free and in a good state
122 miners are free and are in the hospitals now
284 miners lost their lives
and 18 man are still stuck/missing

And @zimbambazibimbamba
I don't know where to start with that comment (mostly because it makes no sense, has no source at all and is based on your own opinions) but let me tell you one thing. Just because I spent 6 months each year on the other side of the world, it doesn't mean I have no idea what is going on in my fatherland or that I have no right to talk about it. Actually, living in another country made me see how the world really is. You guys have still the idea of how people who left Turkey in the 60s, 70s became rich because of the good lives they had in Germany and other West European countries. Well, times changed. West-Europe isn't what it was 30 years ago. The American dream doesn't exist anymore. Japan is dying under the crisis. 
As I said, people like you claim that we have no idea what is going on. But it's the totally different. We know what is going on in Turkey AND the rest of the world. And if you compare those 2, you can see why 50% votes in AKP.

Anyways, I fed up with this. We will meet each other on 10 Augustus. Till then, you will not hear from me on this thread.

BTW, if you really miss Turkey like it was before erdogan; I got a few memorable pictures of it:
Spoiler
  • D- Ice likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users