49 replies to this topic
McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

It was lowered to 8000 not raised...

You should go back to school, for real . . .
themcsam so you mean the highest rank was 10000+? You wrote "they lowered it to 8000 not raised"

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

themcsam so you mean the highest rank was 10000+? You wrote "they lowered it to 8000 not raised"

I'm pretty sure it was capped at about 10k or at least the high 9k's. My friend that used the DNS managed to completely f*ck the game up for the account he used it on when he was in the 9k's and lost the cops a few times and he ranked up so high he managed to break GTA online for that account.

Basically, if that wasn't explained well enough, he ranked up so much that he broke GTA Online for his account.

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Previous maximum rank was level 1000. Current maximum rank is 8000 after title update 1.13. 

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

I think after level 120 then level 150 should be the next level we get where we get some sort of rewards. For example:

Level 150 - 10% off all ammo and guns

Level 200 - 10% off all land vehicles

Level 250 - 15% off all air vehicles 

Level 300 - 15% extra money and RP from missions

or something to that effect.

There simply isnt enough reward for leveling up. If we have to wait until level 1000 to get any sort of rewards, myself and many others will get bored of hoarding cash with no rewards for being high level.

• shepzki and Fearx-- like this

CoolStoryBroseph
  • CoolStoryBroseph

RORGAMING.COM

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

I'm level 5000.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Should I?
Back in the DNS days my friend hosted a DNS lobby and got himself well into the 9000's and I'm pretty sure that 8000 < 9000 ... and I'm that one that should go back to school...

level cap was 1000 in dns days, your friend got himself into the 900's.
you may not need school but you either need glasses or memory aids.

is it so hard to admit you're wrong on the internet? you have to make sh*t up...

patch notes mention a raise in level cap, not a reduction.

you're wrong

He got himself into the 9000's... Besides, why should I "admit" that I'm wrong if I'm not wrong at all.

Also, the patch notes say that it's been capped, which could mean it's gone either way. But, at the end of the day I know what I saw in the lobby and I know what I heard from him. If you don't want to believe me that's fine, if you say I'm wrong and then falsely quote the patch notes then to me you're just some scrub that thinks they know everything

No, no he did not get himself into the 9000's. Once you hit level 1000 before the cap was RAISED to 8000, you would go into negative RP points. You are wrong, deal with it, its not that big of a deal to be wrong. Happens to everyone. 

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA TheBhoys2011

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Lets get one thing straight here. It was 1000. It has been RAISED to 8000.

UltimateAntic
  • UltimateAntic

PSN: "Okannetje"

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by UltimateAntic, 19 May 2014 - 08:25 PM.

I'm pretty sure it was capped at about 10k or at least the high 9k's. My friend that used the DNS managed to completely f*ck the game up for the account he used it on when he was in the 9k's and lost the cops a few times and he ranked up so high he managed to break GTA online for that account.

Basically, if that wasn't explained well enough, he ranked up so much that he broke GTA Online for his account.

What do you mean with 'he ranked up so much he broke GTA Online'? Did the game keep freezing or did he keep getting kicked out?

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

Should I?
Back in the DNS days my friend hosted a DNS lobby and got himself well into the 9000's and I'm pretty sure that 8000 < 9000 ... and I'm that one that should go back to school...

level cap was 1000 in dns days, your friend got himself into the 900's.
you may not need school but you either need glasses or memory aids.

is it so hard to admit you're wrong on the internet? you have to make sh*t up...

patch notes mention a raise in level cap, not a reduction.

you're wrong

He got himself into the 9000's... Besides, why should I "admit" that I'm wrong if I'm not wrong at all.

Also, the patch notes say that it's been capped, which could mean it's gone either way. But, at the end of the day I know what I saw in the lobby and I know what I heard from him. If you don't want to believe me that's fine, if you say I'm wrong and then falsely quote the patch notes then to me you're just some scrub that thinks they know everything

Level cap was supposed to be 1000 dimwit, all you know is he is lvl 9000. But do you have any proof he just hacked the number to make it look like that and not the cap? Who knows, maybe he found pa dns code to make it 9000? Probably been banned anyways.

Don't argue sh*t without proof. If you were smart, you would have realized everyone here relies on proof before you post some sh*t.

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

One things for sure, he was not OVEEEERRRR 9000!!

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:26 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 19 May 2014 - 09:27 PM.

-snip-

No, no he did not get himself into the 9000's. Once you hit level 1000 before the cap was RAISED to 8000, you would go into negative RP points. You are wrong, deal with it, its not that big of a deal to be wrong. Happens to everyone. 

Yeah whatever, I'll listen to some random scrub that thinks he knows what he is on about instead of trusting what I saw with my own eyes... Next joke.

-snip-

Level cap was supposed to be 1000 dimwit, all you know is he is lvl 9000. But do you have any proof he just hacked the number to make it look like that and not the cap? Who knows, maybe he found pa dns code to make it 9000? Probably been banned anyways.

Don't argue sh*t without proof. If you were smart, you would have realized everyone here relies on proof before you post some sh*t.

"all you know is he is lvl 9000. But do you have any proof he just hacked the number to make it look like that" If he hacked the number then he could be lvl 9000.... You're contradicting yourself...

"Don't argue sh*t without proof" fair enough but why should I prove something to some random guy on the internet? It's not like I need to.

"If you were smart, you would have realized everyone here relies on proof" 

747.gif

If you were smart you would realise they are only quoting the patch notes which say "capped at 8000". Capped could go either way... It's not solid evidence. No one from R* said that the rank was raised. Again... I know what I saw, I know that there were 5 other people in the lobby with me that saw it. We all know what we saw, if you want to try and argue that he didn't get to 9000+ then please present some SOLID evidence before you try to say my eyes were showing me false information...

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

damn it so close

Over9000.jpg

I f*cking killed myself laughing at this, very well played.

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

GTA Online is still in alpha

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Well they definitely need to bring some new unlocks for the game past level 120 so we'll have some motivation to keep leveling up. 

I think the 8000 cap is their "band-aid" solution. It really should have been capped at 120, where the content stops, in the first place, then raised as they add higher level content. But now, they've waited so long that trying to implement level 200-500 goals is pretty moot considering that many players are already well within that range, so they will have to go even higher to give those players something to work for.

Very true. On a side note GTA Online just comes off as a big beta test to me. There are a bunch of things they should really fix and improve in order to make the Online mode consistently interesting and fun. A part of me feels like once all the patches are done R* should just press the level reset button on every player(even if it would piss people off).

Why should the people who choose to actually rank up normally be reset because of the people who ranked up the wrong way? It does not make sense

Well the thing is, if R* is eventually going to make improvements to the progression system of the game and the game overall then at least I personally think it would be kinda cool to have everyone start off from a clean slate again so they could really experience the fine-tuned complete leveling up experience from start to finish. I mean sure I guess making a new character is always an option, but idk I guess it's just me who would kind of like to have an even playing field again where no one's leveled up or rich. But yeah again a lot of people wouldn't like to lose what they've earned.

PGC137
  • PGC137

OPTR

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:29 PM Edited by PGC137, 20 May 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Well they definitely need to bring some new unlocks for the game past level 120 so we'll have some motivation to keep leveling up. 

I think the 8000 cap is their "band-aid" solution. It really should have been capped at 120, where the content stops, in the first place, then raised as they add higher level content. But now, they've waited so long that trying to implement level 200-500 goals is pretty moot considering that many players are already well within that range, so they will have to go even higher to give those players something to work for.

Very true. On a side note GTA Online just comes off as a big beta test to me. There are a bunch of things they should really fix and improve in order to make the Online mode consistently interesting and fun. A part of me feels like once all the patches are done R* should just press the level reset button on every player(even if it would piss people off).
Why should the people who choose to actually rank up normally be reset because of the people who ranked up the wrong way? It does not make sense

Well the thing is, if R* is eventually going to make improvements to the progression system of the game and the game overall then at least I personally think it would be kinda cool to have everyone start off from a clean slate again so they could really experience the fine-tuned complete leveling up experience from start to finish. I mean sure I guess making a new character is always an option, but idk I guess it's just me who would kind of like to have an even playing field again where no one's leveled up or rich. But yeah again a lot of people wouldn't like to lose what they've earned.
maybe in the future R* will make a gta based around Havana Cuba but I'm not sure how popular it would be because you only get the choice of 3 sports classics but look at the bright side we're all equals. Can't wait to pimp my tornado. Oh wait I'm poor :(

TommyTightShoes
  • TommyTightShoes

Muggy c*nt

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

shhhhh!

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Here for the magic touch..

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

maybe in the future R* will make a gta based around Havana Cuba but I'm not sure how popular it would be because you only get the choice of 3 sports classics but look at the bright side we're all equals. Can't wait to pimp my tornado. Oh wait I'm poor :(

No medical bills though, and Pogo gets a cigar upgrade ;)

Eamonn3
  • Eamonn3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I was wondering about this today. I've seen players with weird looking lvl's and was curious what the lvl cap was. I'm in the 200's for lvl and have everything unlocked I believe. So it seems pretty dumb to have the ranks above 200 if you aren't unlocking anything new past that.1 player had a 900+ lvl, another was over 1000 and 1 over 5000 I believe is what i've seen in 1 day.

who-dat
  • who-dat

FREE-AIM Olympic Gold Medalist '82

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 6 days ago

Yup, cap is 8k.....it was 1k, regardless of what that chap was going on about......LOL at my friend was 9k.

My mailmans cousins dog knows another dog at the dog park whose owner works for R*, future lvl increase to 9k confirmed.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Okay lets just just be real here, im gonna make a bold claim that 99% of the people on here including myself won't even come within a fraction of the max rank cap because ain't NOBODY got time for that lol.

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I started playing online in Nov 2013.  A little over a year later I'm a level 235.  I've played a LOT in that time frame......about an hour or two every weekday and on weekends it's anybody's guess, sometimes up to 10-12 hours. 

I guess if someone had no job/school they could play 10-15 hours a day but even then, how high would they be?  A level 500 MAYBE?   And how utterly boring would the game be after weeks of 10-15 hours a day game play?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users