Level Cap Raised to 8000

45 replies to this topic
SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

This hasn't been discussed, but a long time ago some youtuber leaked info on future updates, one of the features would be that the level cap would be raised to 8000. And here we are on the High Life update, and the level cap has been raised to 8000.

What the hell is the point of that? Lol, in the time from now until the end of GTAO (4.5 years from now; when microsoft/sony shuts down the xbox 360/ps3 servers)  I doubt anyone will get past level 1000 legit. 

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by Bozzah, 14 May 2014 - 11:15 AM.

They might have done this to distinguish betweeen legit players and cheaters even easier. Some kiddos will obviously get themselves the highest level possible so their e-penis gets a maximum size, all they reach with this will be making Rockstar ban them faster :D
  • Rented, ZeusMowat_278, Bombshock and 13 others like this

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Rep

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

Not only that but we still have nothing after 120... they should of just had 120 max level and prestige again like RDR so you go back to level 1 but you have some kinda icon on your name or different colour numbers to indicate you've gone up an entire level
  • plnkfloydian likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

OR you unlock the Jetpack at level 8000
  • Mikeol1987, ParanoiaX, Jeff Nesteruk and 1 other like this

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Winner

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

It's really 8000 now??? That's whack I'm gonna start using my second character I guess.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Don't see why. It benefits no one but glitches and modding. As far as I can tell no one has reached 1000 by regular play and it doesn't matter as nothing is gained after level 120.
  • Mikeol1987 likes this

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Rep

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:22 AM Edited by Mikeol1987, 14 May 2014 - 11:30 AM.

Just thought it should be 4 prestiges you start with white numbers then after 120 you can choose to go bronze, then silver, then gold. These indicators would be in the drop down list and when you see a players name over their head. I really like that idea. And it was mine! - ooh and if you get to gold prestige you get the gold paintjob for free and so on and so forth with the other levels... not that I care about that because I hate gold as a colour.

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

Well they definitely need to bring some new unlocks for the game past level 120 so we'll have some motivation to keep leveling up. 

• PatrickGTA5 likes this

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Just thought it should be 4 prestiges you start with white numbers then after 120 you can choose to go bronze, then silver, then gold. These indicators would be in the drop down list and when you see a players name over their head. I really like that idea. And it was mine! - ooh and if you get to gold prestige you get the gold paintjob for free and so on and so forth with the other levels... not that I care about that because I hate gold as a colour.

Prestiges? GTFO!

• Bocknoi, Murad The Murderer and Fearx-- like this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Just DO It

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Aint no way in hell anyones legit gonna really make it to that rank but bet your a*s on it that they will be some hacker running around with a 8000 rank soon.
  • Jeff Nesteruk likes this

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

What the hell is the point of that? Lol, in the time from now until the end of GTAO (4.5 years from now; when microsoft/sony shuts down the xbox 360/ps3 servers)  I doubt anyone will get past level 1000 legit. 

Maybe levels will carry over to next gen versions of GTA Online, only reason I can think of for raising the cap - that and catching hackers dumb enough to give themselves levels in the thousands.

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:34 PM Edited by MistGoose, 16 May 2014 - 03:34 PM.

This hasn't been discussed, but a long time ago some youtuber leaked info on future updates, one of the features would be that the level cap would be raised to 8000. And here we are on the High Life update, and the level cap has been raised to 8000.

R* mentioned that their "wet dream" is to create a massive universe with all the GTA cities (Los Santos, Liberty City and where ever the future GTA games take place, since everything before IV "never happened/alternative univers/whatever").
And hopefully when/if they upgrade GTAV to PC (and nextgen consoles) we'll be able to access our characters from other platforms. 

Just a small comment to the 4.5 years comment  :catspider: since I don't really care for the level cap anyway..

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:55 PM Edited by MC., 16 May 2014 - 07:55 PM.

damn it so close

Over9000.jpg

• Gantons Most Wanted, tenpennyisplainevil, Murad The Murderer and 11 others like this

StarSteewlolf
  • StarSteewlolf

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

Must be an inside joke for R* employees.

• saintsrow likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

4.5 years from now; when microsoft/sony shuts down the xbox 360/ps3 servers

What.

• darkwar854 and Jeff Nesteruk like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

LOL, they aren't shutting the servers down in 4.5 years.  The xbox one and 360 run on the same server.  That's why you see people playing "xbox one" on the 360.

• Jeff Nesteruk likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

It was lowered to 8000 not raised...

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

Well they definitely need to bring some new unlocks for the game past level 120 so we'll have some motivation to keep leveling up. 

I think the 8000 cap is their "band-aid" solution. It really should have been capped at 120, where the content stops, in the first place, then raised as they add higher level content. But now, they've waited so long that trying to implement level 200-500 goals is pretty moot considering that many players are already well within that range, so they will have to go even higher to give those players something to work for.

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

You should go back to school, for real . . .

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

password123456

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

It is a weight off my mind, I did wonder whether all the freezes were because I only had another 850ish levels to go before running out.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Should I?

Back in the DNS days my friend hosted a DNS lobby and got himself well into the 9000's and I'm pretty sure that 8000 < 9000 ... and I'm that one that should go back to school...

• Bozzah likes this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

already spotted a level 3000 in free roam. let the second age of level hacking begin.

• Enterprise likes this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

&nbsp;

Should I?
Back in the DNS days my friend hosted a DNS lobby and got himself well into the 9000's and I'm pretty sure that 8000 &lt; 9000 ... and I'm that one that should go back to school...
&nbsp;

level cap was 1000 in dns days, your friend got himself into the 900's.
you may not need school but you either need glasses or memory aids.

is it so hard to admit you're wrong on the internet? you have to make sh*t up...

patch notes mention a raise in level cap, not a reduction.

you're wrong
  • The Rangler and Jolly SWAGman like this

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

R* press release: you can rank up 7500 levels by blowing Brian B

-only way anyone will ever make lvl 8000

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

OR you unlock the Jetpack at level 8000

lol. Jetpack unlocks at level 1000 prestige 10.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

&nbsp;

Should I?
Back in the DNS days my friend hosted a DNS lobby and got himself well into the 9000's and I'm pretty sure that 8000 &lt; 9000 ... and I'm that one that should go back to school...
&nbsp;

is it so hard to admit you're wrong on the internet? you have to make sh*t up...

you're wrong

He got himself into the 9000's... Besides, why should I "admit" that I'm wrong if I'm not wrong at all.

Also, the patch notes say that it's been capped, which could mean it's gone either way. But, at the end of the day I know what I saw in the lobby and I know what I heard from him. If you don't want to believe me that's fine, if you say I'm wrong and then falsely quote the patch notes then to me you're just some scrub that thinks they know everything

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

&nbsp;

Should I?
&nbsp;

you're wrong

He got himself into the 9000's... Besides, why should I "admit" that I'm wrong if I'm not wrong at all.

Also, the patch notes say that it's been capped, which could mean it's gone either way. But, at the end of the day I know what I saw in the lobby and I know what I heard from him. If you don't want to believe me that's fine, if you say I'm wrong and then falsely quote the patch notes then to me you're just some scrub that thinks they know everything

I don't know much about this DNS stuff, but is it possible that even if it was capped at 1000, a DNS lobbyist could nevertheless go up to whatever level they want?

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

I think the 8000 cap is their "band-aid" solution. It really should have been capped at 120, where the content stops, in the first place, then raised as they add higher level content. But now, they've waited so long that trying to implement level 200-500 goals is pretty moot considering that many players are already well within that range, so they will have to go even higher to give those players something to work for.

Very true. On a side note GTA Online just comes off as a big beta test to me. There are a bunch of things they should really fix and improve in order to make the Online mode consistently interesting and fun. A part of me feels like once all the patches are done R* should just press the level reset button on every player(even if it would piss people off).

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

Shut down servers? Yeah... sure... guess Sony and Microsoft (as well as developers) stating they would continue to support the last-gen consoles for at least 6 more years was nothing but a lie, and even after those 6 years I'm 100% sure they won't shut down the servers anytime near that timeline.

Anyway it gives players more of a reason to keep playing, believe it or not most players only play this game now to get to the highest rank (since they feel like they accomplished everything there is in relations to stats) it's a good move from R* for once

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Very true. On a side note GTA Online just comes off as a big beta test to me. There are a bunch of things they should really fix and improve in order to make the Online mode consistently interesting and fun. A part of me feels like once all the patches are done R* should just press the level reset button on every player(even if it would piss people off).

Why should the people who choose to actually rank up normally be reset because of the people who ranked up the wrong way? It does not make sense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users