Photo

Cops even harder after update?

24 replies to this topic
HarveyBest
  • HarveyBest

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Is it me or are the cops getting even harder to evade since the update?

SilentKill64
  • SilentKill64

I Know the rules.

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Nope they suck azz like always, I can run away on foot and get away from a 4 star wanted level.

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

I can confirm that the police code has been modified. There is a spot I like to go where police cannot get to me or shoot me unless I pop out to shoot them. Before 1.13 they would go back to searching/vision cone mode after a short while as they cannot see me unless I want them to at this spot, but now they are relentless and the radar stayed flashing red/blue until I managed to find one spot within my special area where they truly lost me.

All in all it seems they are more focussed on the crime area/your last known location but evading them while keeping within range so they are on the edge of your radar still seems the good move - they seem to not magically follow you much if at all now.

I won't reveal the spot cause I don't want it patched.
  • Wolfhuman and Fearx-- like this

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

I agree, I do feel that the cops have become a tad more vicious and quick. I'm seeing myself die from them more frequently forsure. There might've been a little accuracy boost gone on.

• Fearx-- likes this

Diabeetus
  • Diabeetus

Douche Lord

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

I noticed that too... got killed really quickly when I usually have no problem evading them.  It sucks cuz the cops are annoying anyway and now they are going to interfere with shootouts between my friends and I :(  I wish we could just turn them off altogether!!!

• Fearx-- likes this

SilentKill64
  • SilentKill64

I Know the rules.

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

I noticed that too... got killed really quickly when I usually have no problem evading them.  It sucks cuz the cops are annoying anyway and now they are going to interfere with shootouts between my friends and I :(  I wish we could just turn them off altogether!!!

The cops aren't hard to evade for me and my friends o.o ..... it seems the same for me.

Da2ndComing
  • Da2ndComing

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

Lol I was on story mode.
One if them niggas shot the LIVING HELL outta my face and I died.
XD

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

punched a park ranger on singleplayer got a instant 3 stars i didn't think thats happened before lol also on multi i stole a random 4x4 driving past me in the woods in the middle of no where got instant 2 stars i don't think it was like this before? There was pretty much no other car near me so i duno how cops saw it.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Yup guess we made too much money during the double cash weekend.

Bensteroox
  • Bensteroox

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Of course. Make it harder, make it easier to get wanted for doing random stuff, make players call Lester for remove wanted level or cops turn blind eye. Soon enough, everyone's poor and buy shark cards. Cha/Ching for R*. Boo hoo for us

GTAForums.Talk
  • GTAForums.Talk

Your Therapist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Is it me or are the cops getting even harder to evade since the update?

I believe that Rockstar had made the cops a little more intensive for a better game play. After all, this is Grand Theft Auto.
  • Wolfhuman likes this

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Galan From Taa

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

They are always aggressive and brutal against the players.

LSPD = SS Nazi Force

Katterly
  • Katterly

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

It seems to me that I was losing my wanted status a lot faster since the update. Not complaining just making an observation. I robbed a store and lost the wanted level in maybe 15-30 seconds. Never lost them that fast before.

420Sushi
  • 420Sushi

No money...no candy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Like, what the hell?  I borrowed a friend's Z and the cops were on my ass?  NO WAY!  The cops are, like, using NOS or something.  I mean, IRL, I can outrun them all the time.

:miranda:

• Wolfhuman likes this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Burn Knuckle!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

I can confirm that the police code has been modified. There is a spot I like to go where police cannot get to me or shoot me unless I pop out to shoot them. Before 1.13 they would go back to searching/vision cone mode after a short while as they cannot see me unless I want them to at this spot, but now they are relentless and the radar stayed flashing red/blue until I managed to find one spot within my special area where they truly lost me.

All in all it seems they are more focussed on the crime area/your last known location but evading them while keeping within range so they are on the edge of your radar still seems the good move - they seem to not magically follow you much if at all now.

I won't reveal the spot cause I don't want it patched.

Car garage over by the Alta. St. Apartments?

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

No

Sunnycyde
  • Sunnycyde

Certified Plastic

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Yes police have been modified in latest patch, we proved this by showing the in game files before and after update...accuracy has been increased, distance they notice u widens, among other things.

I wish we can turn them off in crew sessions or invite only sessions, that would be rocking. But...nope :( Best we can do is start a mission with a long timer and then run amok in the city with no cops, me and my crew do this regularly when making videos.

Levianne
  • Levianne

Green eyed miracle

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

They are harder, but still possible to evade. I stole that modded Tornado from Ballas (now sitting in my second garage :cool:) and had epic time evading cops (only 2 stars, but anyway). Sometimes they had chances to shoot me, but they missed somehow (to my luck), I was just few feet away from their car, still they were blind like moles. :D So no big deal with them though.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Thug

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:53 AM Edited by Foppez„o, 20 May 2014 - 12:07 PM.

I've noticed, if your steel a Lazer,(most of the times) the SAMs won't go after you, but some sneaky Lazer pilot does-not on radar-, literally have to watch your back..

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 20 May 2014 - 11:58 AM.

considering the bullpup's range i'd say cops have a harder time getting closer.

it was never easier to shot down helicopters.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Cops are still so easy I don't notice them

Levianne
  • Levianne

Green eyed miracle

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:09 PM Edited by Levianne, 20 May 2014 - 12:10 PM.

I'll make a little turn, but while we're at it, why isn't there the police chopper with searching light at nights in online, like it happens in the Story mode?

Before someone tells me, that it would overload the system or such a crap, there is already that Helitour Frogger cruising above the beach in online, nothing bad happened while it flyes around. So why not the police searching chopper?

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'll make a little turn, but while we're at it, why isn't there the police chopper with searching light at nights in online, like it happens in the Story mode?
Before someone tells me, that it would overload the system or such a crap, there is already that Helitour Frogger cruising above the beach in online, nothing bad happened while it flyes around. So why not the police searching chopper?

i often see npc and police helicopters flying around.
and i get the searchlight on me and i see it on other players getting chased too.
which one are you talking about?

Omnigosh
  • Omnigosh

This Smiles worth all I got

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

Police feel a little moar brutal, they will kill 100 civilians to kill a criminal. I always laugh my ass off when Civilians look at 3 helicopters and 5 swat vehicles shooting at a car in the middle of a traffic jam.

Levianne
  • Levianne

Green eyed miracle

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

I'm talking about the clean state, like in Story mode, you have no stars, still there is a chopper flying in the nights with searching light on. Yes, when you attain 3 or more stars, they are after you even in online, but when no stars, I didn't saw any of them flying around yet. And I don't count other players flying them in public free lobby, the regular police NPC chopper is, what I mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users