Photo

a script I have hooked into main.sco is causing all blips to vanish

1 reply to this topic
rohfza
  • rohfza

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:49 AM Edited by rohfza, 14 May 2014 - 01:13 PM.

I will load a game and all blips will be present, but then after a few seconds they will vanish. all except for the random character encounter ones and any created by mods, including the script I'm hooking in.

I'm guessing that it's the script creating it's own blips that's interfering somehow, but when I load it with a mod menu there's no such problem, so it has everything to with timing.

is there a better point at which I could place my hook? at the moment it's called right at the start. perhaps a better place would be right after the random character encounter blips are created as they seem to be the last made. anyone know where that might be?

or maybe I could check for how much time has passed since you started playing and use that to delay it loading by just a bit. is there such a thing?

any suggestions are welcome

the script I'm loading is Three Socks' garage mod shop. you can take a look at the contents of the sco here if that would help at all: http://pastebin.com/A09GXrEA

Update: I popped it in just before the checks it does to see which bridges are open (search Update_Bridge_Control_Nodes) and they're all working again, including the ones created by the mod. :]

rohfza
  • rohfza

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by rohfza, 16 May 2014 - 03:28 PM.

hahaha, you'll never guess what's happened now! ....all random character events are appearing simultaneously!

It's the funniest thing! and quite surreal too I might add

the first guy you meet for example is now outside the cab depot and sober, but then also in his cracked out state just down the road at the same time  (and up in the next place you find him .etc etc)

It's makes you feel as though different locations are locked in different times periods that you can simply drive between :O

I'm not sure that I want to get rid of it (It's giving me some interesting mod ideas), but if I were to, where would you first look to investigate what's going on here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users