Quantcast

» «
Photo

[VB.NET] How do I spawn .wft objects with certain children?

8 replies to this topic
FabricOfFortune
  • FabricOfFortune

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

I know it's possible because there are vehicle trainers that allow you to choose what body mods there are, and object files (with extra objects within them) are the same extension, .wft Just wondering how I could do it. 

Would like to spawn a dumpster without a top on it for example.

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

I know it's possible because there are vehicle trainers that allow you to choose what body mods there are, and object files (with extra objects within them) are the same extension, .wft Just wondering how I could do it. 

did u test all of these...

CJ_Dumpster_1
CJ_Dumpster_2
CJ_Dumpster_3
CJ_Dumpster_4
CJ_Dumpster_5
CJ_Dumpster_6

FabricOfFortune
  • FabricOfFortune

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

did u test all of these...

CJ_Dumpster_1
CJ_Dumpster_2
CJ_Dumpster_3
CJ_Dumpster_4
CJ_Dumpster_5
CJ_Dumpster_6

Yes but I don't need to just spawn a dumpster without a top on it. there are tons of other applications i would need it for.

FabricOfFortune
  • FabricOfFortune

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Bump?

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 14 May 2014 - 10:41 PM.

if i knew id let you know but i was unaware that objects have more function that just being spawned and sitting there. Could the lids of the dumpster be a seprate object entirely that attaches to the dumpster maybe? If i had more to offer I would but maybe someone else here knows.

FabricOfFortune
  • FabricOfFortune

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

if i knew id let you know but i was unaware that objects have more function that just being spawned and sitting there. Could the lids of the dumpster be a seprate object entirely that attaches to the dumpster maybe? If i had more to offer I would but maybe someone else here knows.

Unfortunately I looked through basically every environment object and have yet to find children objects as .wdr files. And this is not specific to a dumpster and it's lid, that was an example. there are tons of .wft objects that come with extra children (for instance some trashbins have tops, some of them have planks in them etc)

I assume it would work the same way as spawning cars as they both use the same file type. I just want to know how I can spawn certain children from .wft. this is enterchangable between wft cars and wft objects

if you know how to spawn cars and choose what body mods there are maybe the same will work with the objects i want.

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

Unfortunately I looked through basically every environment object and have yet to find children objects as .wdr files. And this is not specific to a dumpster and it's lid, that was an example. there are tons of .wft objects that come with extra children (for instance some trashbins have tops, some of them have planks in them etc)

I assume it would work the same way as spawning cars as they both use the same file type. I just want to know how I can spawn certain children from .wft. this is enterchangable between wft cars and wft objects

if you know how to spawn cars and choose what body mods there are maybe the same will work with the objects i want.

vehicles use a native to enable extras, the scripthookdotnet wraps the natives so u can use on gta.vehicle objects u instantiate, have u checked through the natives lists u can find online?

FabricOfFortune
  • FabricOfFortune

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

vehicles use a native to enable extras, the scripthookdotnet wraps the natives so u can use on gta.vehicle objects u instantiate, have u checked through the natives lists u can find online?

Yes. If that is a native function specific to vehicles then I guess there isn't a way to spawn object children alone, that's unfortunate.

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

Yes. If that is a native function specific to vehicles then I guess there isn't a way to spawn object children alone, that's unfortunate.

call me crazy and maybe it wont even work but if u say object files are setup like vehicle files... use an object with the vehicle native xD

http://www.gtamoddin...F_VEHICLE_EXTRA

if there is no native for it then it isnt impossible it just requires you to find the function in the game yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users